Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:10:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 [805] 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509631 times)
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:37:00 PM

but at $1, you're looking at $60+ million of fresh capital being injected

No.

Um, how so? How else is a coin suppose to make it to $75 million dollar market cap from $9.x when the majority of the coins are held by longs? That value increase has to come from new capital, obviously. Doesn't matter if it is from outside USD exchanged in or conversion of other alts, it's still new money to drive up the cost per coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ssrcsolutions

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:37:25 PM

Attention BC community.

This morning I was hacked for about 2500 BC. My Mintpal and PC were both raided.
I would like to place a bounty on this thief. I have his IP along with my compromised addresses and the addresses he withdrew to. It appears by following the blockchain he has been getting others as well, so for the good of myself and the community he needs to be stopped. I realize my computer has some serious security issues and I am in the process of rebuilding it right now. This man must be stopped though.

here is the IP he used 174.127.99.183

here is 2 of the addresses he withdrew to

BLDniLSRD3E9oc68NGNB6MGnZrWXuoZmn1 - Blackcoin
ZbNSDXFy9HchXu6yDnVvmTdSKfSEjDaSUL - Zetacoin

And here is my blackcoin wallet off my personal computer which he raided for my wallet.dat file, deleted my client and then transferred the funds before I had realized what had happened. I have a backup of the wallet.dat but funds have already been moved.

my wallet - BERRF3gsJaSj3rre4sJk3zvu9bEEs8X6NP
wallet he transferred to -BLDniLSRD3E9oc68NGNB6MGnZrWXuoZmn1

If anyone can help me out it would be very kind this bastard needs to pay.

http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/174.127.99.183

You should contact the ISP and formally request the address of the recoded user of that IP ASAP

Oh man that's not good to hear. I feel you.

but did you not have 2FA on mintpal? he must have had some kind of key-logger I guess

you might want to try this

http://www.bitcoinvigil.com/

Thanks im checking out Vigil right now. and yes I had 2fa on everything. I was just recovering from an attack and in a great mood because of blackcoin and then this asshole cleaned me out. Any security help appreciated. Crypto isnt my problem apparently security is... Sad
zwiggelbig

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:38:47 PM

Attention BC community.

This morning I was hacked for about 2500 BC. My Mintpal and PC were both raided.
I would like to place a bounty on this thief. I have his IP along with my compromised addresses and the addresses he withdrew to. It appears by following the blockchain he has been getting others as well, so for the good of myself and the community he needs to be stopped. I realize my computer has some serious security issues and I am in the process of rebuilding it right now. This man must be stopped though.

And here is my blackcoin wallet off my personal computer which he raided for my wallet.dat file, deleted my client and then transferred the funds before I had realized what had happened. I have a backup of the wallet.dat but funds have already been moved.

Wait.. You had back ups of your wallet . dats but you did not delete your wallet on your pc. Why? You also did not had a 2 way authy on mintpal?

IconicExpert

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:42:35 PM

No.

Um, how so? How else is a coin suppose to make it to $75 million dollar market cap from $9.x when the majority of the coins are held by longs? That value increase has to come from new capital, obviously. Doesn't matter if it is from outside USD exchanged in or conversion of other alts, it's still new money to drive up the cost per coin.

I am going to ask you a serious question. Do you know how much capital was poured into BC in just one night?
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:43:26 PM

Pointing out a legitimate bubble is not FUD.  There's no uncertainty here.  There are clear patterns in the alternate digital community and I provided two good examples.  Each time there's a downturn in digital currencies some random coin is always pump and then left to die.

There's no incentive for subsequent investors to come in and buy BC when it's valued at $10 million as the ROI isn't there anymore.  Meanwhile the Whales, who bought in for pennies when the capitalization was less than $100K, have incentive to convert their BC into BTC or a portfolio of new alternates.

First you have to stop comparing BC to other alt coins. That is like comparing a Kia to a Ferrari. Yes you are right other coins are pumped and then when the ROI is not there anymore investors sell off and pump another coin. I dumped roughly 9 Million Mint weeks ago and bought BlackCoin. I haven't sold my own personal holding of BlackCoin and I wont. BC is the coin where investors come for stability and preserve their wealth. You also have to factor in many other coins have one or a few people holding millions of coins. BlackCoin is fairly distributed so a massive dump from one or a few people is not likely to happen. As BlackCoin value continue to increase and more people hold it, the chances of a dump because less possible.

I also want to point out many other coins can't be used to by things. We are quickly overcoming that problem, and the devs and myself are working behind the scenes to make sure BC can be used as a legitimate currency.

So BlackCoin is the real test to see how viable can a POS coin be with all the right ingredients.

0.24 cents in about 12 hours and $1.00 by the end of the week.

Stop. No one can argue that it hasn't had an amazing run but this is ridiculous, especially in such a short time frame. I'm long BC as well and would love to see those levels but at $1, you're looking at $60+ million of fresh capital being injected with the market cap skyrocketing to the number 3 position.

At this rate anything can happen, there's plenty of opportunities to be a skeptic but BC has proven skeptics wrong time and time again. A further push, DOGE holder switch, stronger hold and whoosh. There's plenty of unrealized potential with money already in alts to raise the value, we don't need McDonalds cashiers putting their life savings in to maintain and increase the value .. (yet)

I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong but it's these bold targets that set unrealistic goals and sucker newbies into thinking that this coin will more than 10-fold their investment in a week's time. Given the right amount of time, I certainly think that 50-75 million dollar market cap is within reach. And lord knows, if we break 100 million, no telling where it could end up. Having used a variety of alts, the 10 second transaction time with BC is fantastic and puts others to shame, especially if this is going to have real-world purpose for brick & mortar merchants. Also, the lack of environmental impact that POS provides vs POW is worthy in itself.

Did you read anything I wrote or did you just click quote? This has already happened multiple times in a WEEK, it is not fantasy. BlackCoin value increased 350.7% since the first of the month. Before arguing your point please review the charts. Just in 24 hours BlackCoin value doubled...yes doubled. IF it doubles again tonight then expect to see $1.00 by the end of the week. I am entitled to my opinions and predictions as you are to yours.

I've read everything you wrote, but past performance does not guarantee future results. This is the exact kind of exponential growth that hurts prices in the long run. Prices need time to consolidate with willing sellers locking in profits to new/existing holders that see value before moving higher. If not, you're not giving levels of solid support when the rush of supply hits the market.

I understand you wrote the PR and got it out there but it's a few hundred to release a PR on one feed that gets picked up by others. Perhaps there is some Wall Street capital invested in here but probably not as much as you think or are hoping for--if it really was, the market cap would be substantially higher because millions are a drop in the bucket for institutional firms.

You are entitled to your opinion and I'm by no means saying you are wrong to have one. I just think you should be a bit careful in throwing out price targets on such short time frame as it gives off the vibe of a P&D, which really is the last thing you want associated here. I do think $1 is possible, absolutely, but in a week, no. Again, I'd love to be proven wrong (and certainly welcome it), but by saying such short-term targets, you are opening up disappointment to anyone that starts believing it.
ssrcsolutions

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:44:35 PM

I had them on my pc because I was actively going from staking to swingtrading on mintpal. And yes I did have 2FA. I dont know how this guy got me but he has done it twice. Im trying very hard to keep a positive mind state and keep going but this is rough. I invested in mining hardware. Made about .7 BTC then lost it. Rebuild by investing in BC and ZET and finally get a good break and made a whole bitcoin which was much needed with electricty coming up and then its all gone again. like I said kikaida and keyboardcowboy have been extremely helpful but its rough. Imagine if you woke up today and all your coins were gone. How would you feel.
lonely@thetop

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:45:58 PM

Attention BC community.

http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/174.127.99.183

You should contact the ISP and formally request the address of the recoded user of that IP ASAP

Oh man that's not good to hear. I feel you.

but did you not have 2FA on mintpal? he must have had some kind of key-logger I guess

you might want to try this

http://www.bitcoinvigil.com/

Thanks im checking out Vigil right now. and yes I had 2fa on everything. I was just recovering from an attack and in a great mood because of blackcoin and then this asshole cleaned me out. Any security help appreciated. Crypto isnt my problem apparently security is... Sad

This is my simple and secure method of operation:

* no wallets on any Windows machine, strictly Linux!
* Linux partitions are encrypted using LUKS - if a hacker aquires my hard drive physically he can suck it.
* wallets are compiled from github repositories. It's very easy to do, for most coins it's "qmake-qt4 && qmake" once you have the dependencies installed, if you don't know what that means at all you should first get some basic linux knowledge, install whatever is easiest to learn (I guess Ubuntu) and play with that a while.
* a small (5MB) TrueCrypt (google that) encrypted container is created for wallet.dat file backups, all wallet.dat files are encrypted using local coin "Encrypt wallet" feature, password is randomly generated and stored in KeePassX, KeePassX database is stored on the same TrueCrypt container. Master KeePassX password in my head. TrueCrypt container password in my head.
* backup wallet.dat for a coin to TrueCrypt after creating a new receiving address. Close (unmount) TrueCrypt when not using, never keep it open. The 5MB crypt file is then copied to an USB flash hidden in the house, also copied to Dropbox. Dropbox can't determine incremental changes for TrueCrypt volumes so you have to have a small file (hence the 5MB) for container because it's sync'ed full after every modification.
* 2FA on all services, instantly withdraw to personal wallet what you're not trading.

That's about it.

oblox
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:49:46 PM

No.

I am going to ask you a serious question. Do you know how much capital was poured into BC in just one night?

No, and no one does because the 24 hour volume exchanged is just that, volume. Could entirely be comprised of traders flipping back and forth. Even if you took at as $1m in new money, it's not enough on a daily basis to reach a valuation of $75m in market cap.
jamieb81

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:57:24 PM

I had them on my pc because I was actively going from staking to swingtrading on mintpal. And yes I did have 2FA. I dont know how this guy got me but he has done it twice. Im trying very hard to keep a positive mind state and keep going but this is rough. I invested in mining hardware. Made about .7 BTC then lost it. Rebuild by investing in BC and ZET and finally get a good break and made a whole bitcoin which was much needed with electricty coming up and then its all gone again. like I said kikaida and keyboardcowboy have been extremely helpful but its rough. Imagine if you woke up today and all your coins were gone. How would you feel.

I do not understand how he can withdraw from mintpal if you have 2FA

mintpal sends you an email link you have to click on, log in again on mintpal and put in your 2FA

this is impossible to hack if you got 2FA on your phone unless they got your phone
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:58:37 PM

No.

No, and no one does because the 24 hour volume exchanged is just that, volume. Could entirely be comprised of traders flipping back and forth. Even if you took at as $1m in new money, it's not enough on a daily basis to reach a valuation of $75m in market cap.

If nobody is selling it will take just 6$ for bc to reach 6$ per coin.
So with only 6$ you could x40 the marketcap.

Let's say that 1000 coins will be sold , still it will take only 6000$.

Do you honestly think 8mld $ have been poured into BTC ?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
jamieb81

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:02:40 PM

* Linux partitions are encrypted using LUKS - if a hacker aquires my hard drive physically he can suck it.
* wallets are compiled from github repositories. It's very easy to do, for most coins it's "qmake-qt4 && qmake" once you have the dependencies installed, if you don't know what that means at all you should first get some basic linux knowledge, install whatever is easiest to learn (I guess Ubuntu) and play with that a while.
* a small (5MB) TrueCrypt (google that) encrypted container is created for wallet.dat file backups, all wallet.dat files are encrypted using local coin "Encrypt wallet" feature, password is randomly generated and stored in KeePassX, KeePassX database is stored on the same TrueCrypt container. Master KeePassX password in my head. TrueCrypt container password in my head.
* backup wallet.dat for a coin to TrueCrypt after creating a new receiving address. Close (unmount) TrueCrypt when not using, never keep it open. The 5MB crypt file is then copied to an USB flash hidden in the house, also copied to Dropbox. Dropbox can't determine incremental changes for TrueCrypt volumes so you have to have a small file (hence the 5MB) for container because it's sync'ed full after every modification.
* 2FA on all services, instantly withdraw to personal wallet what you're not trading.

That's about it.

Sounds easy for someone who knows how to use Linux. Myself I have no clue how to use Linux and although I know my way round windows, this just sounds like Chinese to me, whit all those commands that you need to know..
IconicExpert

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:02:53 PM

I've read everything you wrote, but past performance does not guarantee future results. This is the exact kind of exponential growth that hurts prices in the long run. Prices need time to consolidate with willing sellers locking in profits to new/existing holders that see value before moving higher. If not, you're not giving levels of solid support when the rush of supply hits the market.

I understand you wrote the PR and got it out there but it's a few hundred to release a PR on one feed that gets picked up by others. Perhaps there is some Wall Street capital invested in here but probably not as much as you think or are hoping for--if it really was, the market cap would be substantially higher because millions are a drop in the bucket for institutional firms.

You are entitled to your opinion and I'm by no means saying you are wrong to have one. I just think you should be a bit careful in throwing out price targets on such short time frame as it gives off the vibe of a P&D, which really is the last thing you want associated here. I do think $1 is possible, absolutely, but in a week, no. Again, I'd love to be proven wrong (and certainly welcome it), but by saying such short-term targets, you are opening up disappointment to anyone that starts believing it.

Ahh now the truth is slowly coming out. I am not going to argue the effectiveness of the promotional campaign last week. BC trading at mid 7000s last Sunday, and one week later trading at 32000+ speaks for me. And yes I know past performance doesn't guarantee future results, but past performance does give an indication on what to expect in the short term. I made it very clear that these are my opinions and anyone trading on that my opinions can do so at their own risk. However, respectfully you do not have a firm understanding of how quickly crypto moves. I can point to numerous coins that value increased significantly in far less time. If you have time look at my previous posts and you will see I just do not just throw out random numbers for fun. I make intelligent assessments based on numerous factors. You are not privy to what is going on behind the scenes, I am. Part of my predictions are based on more than just speculation.
ssrcsolutions

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:03:11 PM

He was in my gmail account. This guy invaded every account i have and my pc.
zombie6

Activity: 438

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:04:21 PM

I just visited the pool irc channel and was pleasantly surprised by the apparent sincerity of the people supporting this coin
lonely@thetop

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:09:12 PM

That's about it.

Sounds easy for someone who knows how to use Linux. Myself I have no clue how to use Linux and although I know my way round windows, this just sounds like Chinese to me, whit all those commands that you need to know..

I agree, much easier if you have prior knowledge. But if you're stuck with windows at least make sure all your wallet.dats are encrypted with random passwords, and I strongly advise looking into TrueCrypt, it's opensource encryption software, you can create a "container" which when not mounted (not opened in TrueCrypt) is just a blob of binary shit, but when you open it with TrueCrypt it becomes a new drive in "My Computer", you copy your wallets there and close, you then have this TC container to carry around, put on USBs etc.

For Windows it would be better to actually make wallets put their working directories on that TC container, perhaps linking the whole %appdata% folder to TC container, but I'm not sure how to do it on Windows TBH. This way you would have everything encrypted for you wallet 2 times.

You're still at risk from screeen capturing, key logging trojans with Windows so.. Proper security ain't easy shit that's why it's such a big industry (sadly infested by wannabee money sucking consultants though).
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:09:16 PM

No.

With $60 million you could basically buy all the coins from every exchange many times over making the price go $500 a coin or something.
TheProgrammer

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:11:20 PM

Just thought i should make this before sleep, blackcoin has me up all night ;(

who wants this?
has a nice alarm clock to wake you up if the price goes up/below on what you set

Malcolm Magneto X

Activity: 37

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 09:11:27 PM

Hey guys. I decided to utilize blackcoins in my quest to save the world and possibly attain more exposure for the coin. Simply reading my website and cause is satiating to me in itself for I know that I am reaching out to people. Any donations will be appreciated.

http://www.gofundme.com/start-a-farm-in-ethiopia

Wink

Thanks blackcoin community!

Very cool project, I will send some money your way.

Wow thanks! PM me if you would like to enlist in the Crypto Awards program with your donation.
IconicExpert

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:12:27 PM

Would you like to make a small wager? IF BC doubles in value again tonight I stand by prediction and by next Sunday we will be trading at $1.00. If we are trading below 1.00 by next Sunday I will send you 50BC. If we are trading above 1.00 you send me 50BC. The last gentleman I offered this wager to was glad he declined.
jordant

Activity: 90

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:13:10 PM

No.

With $60 million you could basically buy all the coins from every exchange many times over making the price go $500 a coin or something.

Exactly.

If I have 10 of something, worth $10 each, we have a $100 market cap. I sell one for $15. Now we have a market cap of $150 with only $5 more added. So, a $50 market cap gain, with $5 of additional money.

Pages: « 1 ... 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 [805] 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: