Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 06:58:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 11:03:55 PM

What technologies are most important to the future and success of DNotes?

1 ) An easy to use merchant payment verification system that doesn't require a third party
2 ) Cloud storage of the blockchain. Wallets sync with cloud instantly and no lag time at startup. This is a centralized item, however, but would be of great benefit. Instant syncing, instant sending, etc.
3 ) Versatile tipping program for various websites and social media outlets
4 ) POS style reward system
5 ) Making DNotes secure for everyone to use no matter their situation
6 ) Instant exchange functionality for the DNotesVault
7 ) Total smartphone solution for all DNotes functionality including vault and instant exchange functionality

What major issues with the existing financial system can DNotes solve?

1 ) Instant transfers of money.
2 ) Micro transactions, under $1 are not feasible. The transaction fees make micro transactions unprofitable if not impossible.

What services are most important to the future and success of DNotes?

1 ) Direct and simple fiat to DNotes exchange.
2 ) Accessibility and Ease of Use
3 ) CLEARLY outlining benefits, programs, future of DNotes
4 ) 24/7 support
5 ) Multilingual support
6 ) Assurance of store of value
7 ) Credit/Debit Card
8 ) ATM services
9 ) Refill service for prepaid/sim cards

What major obstacles does DNotes face to achieve success?

1 ) Half of the world's population does not have banking access and is therefore excluded from participating in economic growth.
2 ) Combating and rising above the bad reputation bitcoin has (whether it is deserved or not).
3 ) Mainstream media negativity of any cryptocurrency in general.
4 ) Develop global name recognition. When people think "crypto" or "Bitcoin" now, they should simply think "DNotes" in the future.

In recent discussions, investment funds were used as a way to invest in digital currency. Do you guys feel this is an important service to the future and success of DNotes?

I think an investment fund is a great idea, as most people feel more comfortable being part of a group, rather than acting as an individual. However, if the sole holding of that investment fund was DNotes,  the only reason that they would be participating is because we didn't teach them how to use DNotes without a third party service.

Fund managers and investors may want to manage all of their funds in one place and in the same way the manage all of the other investments. Opening a vault account may not sound like a big deal, but it may be for them. It will also allow them to track the price of the fund in the existing tools they already use. Another advantage is the manager of the fund will likely have the ability to invest in DNotes in a specific way that is advantageous to DNotes. Lastly, if someone wants to sell their investment in the DNotes fund, that does not mean they are selling DNotes, they are selling the fund to someone else, so it's almost like the money goes into DNotes but doesn't come out really. I could be wrong on some of this stuff, I'm not an experienced trader.

Good points on the advantages. Not to sound like a pessimist, but a few more disadvantages to an investment fund are that people have very limited (if any) access to their funds, there is usually a waiting period to receive their money, and sometimes there are penalties for cashing out before it`s maturity date.

These are all good points.  There are a lot of benefits to having a DNotes investment fund that is SEC approved and tradeable on a major stock exchange.  It opens the market up to people that aren't interested (for a variety of reasons) in holding DNotes themselves, but recognize the potential in it as an investment.  It is also eligible to be held in mutual funds, pension and retirement funds and other various investment funds.

It is the responsibility of the fund manager to let the client know that this is considered a long term investment, that there may be a delay in getting your funds, and inform them of any penalties involved in cashing out.  The fund manager should also let them know that this type of investment fund is not the same as having a wallet where they have access to their funds for spending.

Excellent! What types of funds could invest strictly in DNotes?

DNotes could be held as the sole investment in a few different types of funds.  An ETF (Exchange Traded Fund) would be the simplest for everyone to invest in.  A Hedge Fund would be more appropriate for a wealthy, aggressive investor.  To hedge against currency risk, there could be a DNotes / US Dollar Mutual Fund or a DNotes Currency (or commodity) Futures Fund.  The last two would also be more appropriate for seasoned investors.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 01:22:17 PM

1 ) An easy to use merchant payment verification system that doesn't require a third party
2 ) Cloud storage of the blockchain. Wallets sync with cloud instantly and no lag time at startup. This is a centralized item, however, but would be of great benefit. Instant syncing, instant sending, etc.
7 ) Total smartphone solution for all DNotes functionality including vault and instant exchange functionality

2 ) Micro transactions, under $1 are not feasible. The transaction fees make micro transactions unprofitable if not impossible.

2 ) Accessibility and Ease of Use
3 ) CLEARLY outlining benefits, programs, future of DNotes
4 ) 24/7 support
5 ) Multilingual support
6 ) Assurance of store of value
7 ) Credit/Debit Card
8 ) ATM services
9 ) Refill service for prepaid/sim cards

1 ) Half of the world's population does not have banking access and is therefore excluded from participating in economic growth.
2 ) Combating and rising above the bad reputation bitcoin has (whether it is deserved or not).
4 ) Develop global name recognition. When people think "crypto" or "Bitcoin" now, they should simply think "DNotes" in the future.

In recent discussions, investment funds were used as a way to invest in digital currency. Do you guys feel this is an important service to the future and success of DNotes?

I think an investment fund is a great idea, as most people feel more comfortable being part of a group, rather than acting as an individual. However, if the sole holding of that investment fund was DNotes,  the only reason that they would be participating is because we didn't teach them how to use DNotes without a third party service.

Fund managers and investors may want to manage all of their funds in one place and in the same way the manage all of the other investments. Opening a vault account may not sound like a big deal, but it may be for them. It will also allow them to track the price of the fund in the existing tools they already use. Another advantage is the manager of the fund will likely have the ability to invest in DNotes in a specific way that is advantageous to DNotes. Lastly, if someone wants to sell their investment in the DNotes fund, that does not mean they are selling DNotes, they are selling the fund to someone else, so it's almost like the money goes into DNotes but doesn't come out really. I could be wrong on some of this stuff, I'm not an experienced trader.

Good points on the advantages. Not to sound like a pessimist, but a few more disadvantages to an investment fund are that people have very limited (if any) access to their funds, there is usually a waiting period to receive their money, and sometimes there are penalties for cashing out before it`s maturity date.

These are all good points.  There are a lot of benefits to having a DNotes investment fund that is SEC approved and tradeable on a major stock exchange.  It opens the market up to people that aren't interested (for a variety of reasons) in holding DNotes themselves, but recognize the potential in it as an investment.  It is also eligible to be held in mutual funds, pension and retirement funds and other various investment funds.

It is the responsibility of the fund manager to let the client know that this is considered a long term investment, that there may be a delay in getting your funds, and inform them of any penalties involved in cashing out.  The fund manager should also let them know that this type of investment fund is not the same as having a wallet where they have access to their funds for spending.

Excellent! What types of funds could invest strictly in DNotes?

DNotes could be held as the sole investment in a few different types of funds.  An ETF (Exchange Traded Fund) would be the simplest for everyone to invest in.  A Hedge Fund would be more appropriate for a wealthy, aggressive investor.  To hedge against currency risk, there could be a DNotes / US Dollar Mutual Fund or a DNotes Currency (or commodity) Futures Fund.  The last two would also be more appropriate for seasoned investors.

DNotes is very specifically designed for the masses; for everyone, from the unborn to the very senior, from the poor to the super rich. If money is for everyone, then DNotes is for everyone. This could take a generation or two. But unless we understand the very long term vision of DNotes, is difficult to understand why DNotes is positioned so differently. DNotes is not another "me to" hoping to make it big if we should be lucky. It is created and launched as "The Digital Currency of The Future With Lasting Value" That apparently is DNotes's core mission. But, what does it mean and what would it take?

DNotes was founded with the vision that the Bitcoin and the Blockchain technology is the greatest technology revolution of mankind. It is, but most people have yet to understand or refused to examine and study it objectively. That is always the case with any new technology. What may be significantly different, this time around, is the real threat of immense disruptive consequences confronting the power base that has ruled the world for generations. They are the central banks and financial institutions. Their self interest is being threatened. Consequently, pushing back and deliberate attempts to slow down the inevitable are natural and predictable. Unfortunately, our counter measures as an industry, whether planned or just happened spontaneously, have been ineffective and on occasions, damaging, resulting in a lot of pain and suffering. We have seen a lot of that coming. That is another reason why DNotes had decided to take a different path. I wish I can tell you "why" by using a brief "elevator pitch". If you seriously like to know, start reading from page one of this forum. This book is free, historic and very educational. Yet untitled, but could be called "Succeeding in the most Chaotic Trustless Industry with Trust"

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 02:50:22 PM

MIT's First Digital Currency Director Talks Taking Bitcoin Mainstream

During the interview, Forde spoke out about what he characterized as an unhealthy culture that pervades the digital currency community whereby individuals will be judged based on the length of time in which they've been involved.

"I think we're at a point where we need to get beyond asking the question 'When did you start using bitcoin?' because you don't ask people when they started using the Internet as a proxy for their capacity to make an impact, and I think that creates a culture of exclusion that's the opposite of what we want to do," he said.

Forde went on to suggest that bitcoin stakeholders should be more welcoming to newcomers who might be able to add new value and perspective that can help move the technology forward.

"I think bitcoin needs more diversity, not less, and when we frame questions that way, it gives the impression to people who are curious about it and have significant value to add that you aren't going to be as welcome as if you were in it from the beginning, and I don't think that's true," he continued.

Overall, he called for a culture of positivity that can help the technology move past issues such as the collapse of bitcoin exchange Mt Gox and online black market Silk Road.

http://www.coindesk.com/mit-digital-currency-brian-forde-bitcoin-mainstream/

DNotes and CryptoMoms were founded with the idea of creating a cultural change in the cryptocurrency community.

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 04:19:48 PM

During the interview, Forde spoke out about what he characterized as an unhealthy culture that pervades the digital currency community whereby individuals will be judged based on the length of time in which they've been involved.

"I think we're at a point where we need to get beyond asking the question 'When did you start using bitcoin?' because you don't ask people when they started using the Internet as a proxy for their capacity to make an impact, and I think that creates a culture of exclusion that's the opposite of what we want to do," he said.

Forde went on to suggest that bitcoin stakeholders should be more welcoming to newcomers who might be able to add new value and perspective that can help move the technology forward.

"I think bitcoin needs more diversity, not less, and when we frame questions that way, it gives the impression to people who are curious about it and have significant value to add that you aren't going to be as welcome as if you were in it from the beginning, and I don't think that's true," he continued.

Overall, he called for a culture of positivity that can help the technology move past issues such as the collapse of bitcoin exchange Mt Gox and online black market Silk Road.

DNotes and CryptoMoms were founded with the idea of creating a cultural change in the cryptocurrency community.

Perhaps we should enlighten him?

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:50:44 PM

Perhaps we should enlighten him?

Don't think it will hurt. Wonder if he has heard of DNotes.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/brianforde
Mochilles

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 05:05:40 PM

Shower thought: much (most?) of the crypto community exists on Reddit. I think we're doing NOTE a massive disservice by presenting a dead wasteland subreddit. I motion that we get stuck into one of our best promotional tools going over there. Anyone visiting http://www.reddit.com/r/dnotes will assume the coin is loooooong since dead. In fact, one of the best things we could do would be to move our principal conversation from here to there.

The problem with bitcointalk is that it's hard to stumble across things. Reddit conversely is designed for that sort of thing.

If we started some threads, interest would build.

When I look for a coin to invest in, if I see the subreddit is dead I will turn around and never look back. We absolute cannot afford to have a tumbleweed presence on there. It's far worse than no advertising at all.

Every coin I've ever invested in, ever, I've discovered and got excited about through reddit. NOTE was a complete anomaly. 99% of people who might very well be our champions simply don't even know we exist.

We need to jumpstart our reddit presence. I already made a thread. Will you join me?

http://www.reddit.com/r/dnotes
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 05:54:24 PM

Shower thought: much (most?) of the crypto community exists on Reddit. I think we're doing NOTE a massive disservice by presenting a dead wasteland subreddit. I motion that we get stuck into one of our best promotional tools going over there. Anyone visiting http://www.reddit.com/r/dnotes will assume the coin is loooooong since dead. In fact, one of the best things we could do would be to move our principal conversation from here to there.

The problem with bitcointalk is that it's hard to stumble across things. Reddit conversely is designed for that sort of thing.

When I look for a coin to invest in, if I see the subreddit is dead I will turn around and never look back. We absolute cannot afford to have a tumbleweed presence on there. It's far worse than no advertising at all.

Every coin I've ever invested in, ever, I've discovered and got excited about through reddit. NOTE was a complete anomaly. 99% of people who might very well be our champions simply don't even know we exist.

We need to jumpstart our reddit presence. I already made a thread. Will you join me?

You may be onto something Mochilles. I am not an avid reddit user. We didn't get much support on reddit, and I thought it may be more effective to reach the reddit community through posting at
http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/
rather than trying to bring our community to reddit in our own subreddit.
How do people find our sub-reddit?
How do we promote it to get more involvement?
Are the related subreddits helpful or should they be removed?

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:26:06 PM

You may be onto something Mochilles. I am not an avid reddit user. We didn't get much support on reddit, and I thought it may be more effective to reach the reddit community through posting at

I agree. Mochilles is absolutly correct. We have missed out on a very valuable medium to reach out to our industry. I strongly encourage our community to support this efforts. However, I have to add that DNotes Bitcointalk forum is invaluable. We have won over a lot of supporters on account of that. Furthermore, what DNotes has accomplished is historic; creating a productive culture in a chaotic and destructive environment where trust and respect has be lacking.

I have been building a solid network and have been actively in communication with many people in our industry everyday. The compliments and respect I have been getting is simply amazing, frankly humbling. DNotes is beginning to be recognized as the rising star in our industry. A lot of great things will start happening in the not so distance future. I like to see that we are solidly positioned before pursuing a rapid growth path, starting next year. Again reddit presence is very important. Please do your best to participate.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 12:16:30 AM

This is one of the better articles regarding Compliance and why DNotes is proceeding with an abundance of caution.  All of our CRISP programs are positioned for massive global expansion. We are very mindful that if CRISP is set up for people to acquire DNotes as easily as ordering an ebook online, our entire family of CRISP will become enormously popular over night. That day will come, once we have our registered and fully licensed exchange or a partner exchange. These are among many different projects I am working on. The following article should shed some light as to why we need to take regulatory requirements seriously, whether we like it or not. I have a lot of respect for Coinbase and feel that the have been doing a great job.

Quote:
“Protecting users
Hody made it clear that the purpose of regulation in the digital currency industry is about protecting consumers, restricting money laundering and making sure taxes are properly collected”.

At the federal level FinCEN role is to track down and prevent money laundering.
At the state level, regulators are committed to consumer protection.
Obviously, IRS is interested in collecting any taxes.

Enjoy your reading.

Coindesk:
Daniel Cawrey (@danielcawrey) | Published on May 2, 2015 at 12:00 BST

Be Vigilant on Compliance, Coinbase Warns Bitcoin Startups

One of the largest players in bitcoin has warned fledging startups to remain vigilant on regulatory compliance issues. 

Coinbase's associate counsel Sarah Hody urged entrepreneurs to follow the firm's "proactive" stance in front of a packed audience at bitcoin developer meetup in San Francisco’s South of Market district.

Hody, who worked at several different law firms prior to joining the cryptocurrency space, noted that a number of other sectors, including food services and the automotive industry, have regulatory bodies that ensure consumer protection

It is becoming more apparent that bitcoin will someday be in the same category as other industries that must heed compliance in the US, said Hody, adding: "Federal agencies have expressed interest."

Because bitcoin is a protocol, a payment network and a digital currency – often simultaneously –it may attract the interest of various different regulators, she said.

Complexity requires compliance
As Coinbase has grown, adding more services for its user base has meant an increase in regulatory compliance for the company.

This was especially true when Coinbase launched its US bitcoin exchange; the company had to begin not only holding bitcoin but also US dollars. Keeping US dollars in Coinbase’s wallet was a service it launched months prior to the exchange – likely a precursor to its launch.

Adding features such as US dollar holdings – as well as GBP and the euro just recently – makes Coinbase much more intricately structured in terms of how regulators look at the company’s operations.

Coinbase, according to Hody, is a cautionary tale in how bitcoin startups will have to face ever-more complicated rules as they expand.

She said:
"Inherent in having an exchange means having both dollars and bitcoin for users. Coinbase is handling all the dollars and bitcoin in the background."

Federal and state level
Hody listed in her presentation a number of federal level agencies that have talked about jurisdiction over bitcoin.

This included the Security and Exchanges Commission (SEC) the Commodities Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), among others. What might be most confusing for bitcoin startups, however, is the fact that regulators on both the federal and state level require often overlapping compliance standards.

FinCEN, the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, was used as an example.
Hody pointed out that FinCEN information already gets passed down to over 350 law enforcement agencies, many at the state level.

Despite what may seem like byzatine rules, Hody advocated that startups intensely evaluate their business models and open up relationships with regulators.
"It’s always time to ask: why might a regulator want to regulate your project?"

Protecting users
Hody made it clear that the purpose of regulation in the digital currency industry is about protecting consumers, restricting money laundering and making sure taxes are properly collected.

Because these are issues regulators are concerned about, Coinbase keeps records about customers, and must ensure that developers using its API are operating in a legal manner.

The company also keeps a list of activities users of its services are prohibited from participating in, and maintains a watchful eye on its platform.

Hody said:
"We have to keep records in compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act. The less you do with our system, the less we need to know about you."

Source:
http://www.coindesk.com/be-vigilant-on-compliance-coinbase-warns-bitcoin-startups/
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 12:52:25 AM

I agree. Mochilles is absolutly correct. We have missed out on a very valuable medium to reach out to our industry. I strongly encourage our community to support this efforts. However, I have to add that DNotes Bitcointalk forum is invaluable. We have won over a lot of supporters on account of that. Furthermore, what DNotes has accomplished is historic; creating a productive culture in a chaotic and destructive environment where trust and respect has be lacking.

I have been building a solid network and have been actively in communication with many people in our industry everyday. The compliments and respect I have been getting is simply amazing, frankly humbling. DNotes is beginning to be recognized as the rising star in our industry. A lot of great things will start happening in the not so distance future. I like to see that we are solidly positioned before pursuing a rapid growth path, starting next year. Again reddit presence is very important. Please do your best to participate.

I will work on upgrading the DNotes subreddit. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 02:08:24 AM

Are CRISP For Students and CRISP For Charity targeting the 2.5 billion unbanked, the tools Bill and Melinda Gates have been waiting for. Let us know what you think?

Source: http://www.gatesfoundation.org/who-we-are/general-information/letter-from-bill-and-melinda-gates

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 03:27:43 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2015, 03:49:26 AM by Dyna

Are CRISP For Students and CRISP For Charity targeting the 2.5 billion unbanked, the tools Bill and Melinda Gates have been waiting for. Let us know what you think?

Source: http://www.gatesfoundation.org/who-we-are/general-information/letter-from-bill-and-melinda-gates

The core mission of CRISP For Charity is indeed to engage the top 2% to work with DNotes and International charity organizations to help alleviate various global problems including poverty and the 2.5 billion unbanked.

CRISP For Students will be positioned as a conduit to scholarship funds, grants and other student aids.

It is delightful and encouraging that Bill and Melinda Gates have specifically mentioned these two areas. I am very passionate about pursuing every possible avenue for DNotes to be a global digital currency with a purpose so that much good can be done for humanity.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 04:23:07 AM

Not that long ago, Bitcoin was worth significantly less than what DNotes is worth today. I would venture to say that DNotes is significantly better positioned, certainly more stable. Could DNotes ever attract that kind of big money one day? What do you think?

You'll Never Guess Who's Investing in Bitcoin
By Matthew Frankel | More Articles
May 3, 2015 | Comments (1)

Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS  ) recently announced that it was partnering with a Chinese investment firm to lead a $50 million investment into Bitcoin start-up Circle Internet Financial. This deal represents the first large investment of its kind by a major bank, and it definitely could make a big difference in the Bitcoin space as well as the way we transfer money in our everyday lives. So what does Circle Internet Financial do, and why is it the first Bitcoin company to attract an investment from a major bank?  …………………………….

………..Bitcoin's future could be bright indeed
Bitcoin has attracted a significant amount of negative attention over the past few years, because of its reputation as a black-market currency, the collapse of a massive bitcoin exchange, and the extreme price fluctuations that saw the value of a Bitcoin rise from less than a penny in early 2010 to $1,200 by the end of 2013 and back down to about $225, where it currently sits.

Read more:

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/05/03/youll-never-guess-who-is-investing-in-bitcoin.aspx
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 12:10:15 PM

I will work on upgrading the DNotes subreddit. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Please keep in mind, a Google search on "DNotes" lists the website first and this forum second. Reddit is at the bottom of the page. I thought this was interesting so I have been asking around both at work and and is social settings. So far, I'm one of three people who have heard of Reddit and only two of us know what it is, none of us use it. That's out of about 25 people. On the other hand, twelve had heard of Bitcoin talk and eight have checked it out, five claim to use it.

Please don't base any decisions on this data, it's simply an observation. Personally, I don't like the way Reddit flows and I won't be hanging out there very much but, I do agree we should have a presence there, and everywhere else people communicate in a public forum.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 12:47:41 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2015, 01:10:53 PM by RJF

Not that long ago, Bitcoin was worth significantly less than what DNotes is worth today. I would venture to say that DNotes is significantly better positioned, certainly more stable. Could DNotes ever attract that kind of big money one day? What do you think?

Certainly. We actually have an advantage in that Bitcoin paved the road, we only have to travel it, cleaning up the trash as we go. Not that this is an easy task but, seeing the mistakes and successes of our predecessor allows us to avoid the pitfalls and potholes.

And, we have experienced drivers who understand finance and business, Bitcoin had none of these in the early days and look how far it has come. I find it interesting in the Gates flyer above that Buffett says "Don't just go for the safe projects, take on the really tough problems". There's a hypocritical slant to that remark since he considers crypto as garbage. Lets prove him wrong.

Also, there is this undertone in the Bitcoin world, not so much in the Altcoin world but still prevalent, that there can be only one, a "winner" if you will, That's simply not the case. I see multiple crypto currencies co existing each with a slightly different market and purpose and perhaps, even geographical foot print.

So, the answer is a resounding YES! DNotes can be worth as much or more than Bitcoin is today but, the thing we need to remember is that it does not have to be. Our focus should not be on matching or exceeding Bitcoin's current value, it should be on continuing the slow stead rise of value, adoption and stability. This is a mistake so many (all?) cryptos are making. The only yardstick there creators and supporters use to measure success is the valuation of the token.

This constant fixation on price is what drives people out of the industry, developers and users alike. Think about it for a moment, is there anyone here that would be upset if DNotes reached a valuation of 5 USD in 3 years? How about 2 USD? Would a holder of 100,000 DNotes be upset by these valuations?

There was a movie where they said "If you build it, they will come." Well, they were not entirely correct. If you build it, support it, steer it through the deadly minefield that is finance and continue to promote and improve it, they will come.

Personally, I am very pleased with the current state of DNotes as a store of value. Show me a stock, or a commodity, that has, and will continue, to perform as well that doesn't cost an arm and a leg to buy in any quantity. This is a brave new world and we need to navigate it carefully with all our skills lest we founder on the rocks. The shipwrecks of impatience and greed are all around us, but, we have hitched our fate to a competent captain and crew. Landfall is just around the corner...

PS: I would like to see an easier way for non crypto savvy people to purchase DNotes. I think this is one the most important ways to improve DNotes uptake with the general population. This single failing of crypto in general is even more important than merchant adoption. If we could solve this one, it would be big step forward.

DNotesVault
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 01:09:46 PM

Please keep in mind, a Google search on "DNotes" lists the website first and this forum second. Reddit is at the bottom of the page. I thought this was interesting so I have been asking around both at work and and is social settings. So far, I'm one of three people who have heard of Reddit and only two of us know what it is, none of us use it. That's out of about 25 people. On the other hand, twelve had heard of Bitcoin talk and eight have checked it out, five claim to use it.

Please don't base any decisions on this data, it's simply an observation. Personally, I don't like the way Reddit flows and I won't be hanging out there very much but, I do agree we should have a presence there, and everywhere else people communicate in a public forum.

Excellent conclusion and recommendations. Maintaining a presence on Reddit will be helpful if a meaningful number of DNotes supporters are interested to help support it.

DNotes Bitcointalk forum is like a book we have all co-authored. If all other forums are also characterized as books; DNotes will be the best seller among 500 others. We all are proud to be the co-authors.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 01:25:04 PM

Certainly. We actually have an advantage in that Bitcoin paved the road, we only have to travel it, cleaning up the trash as we go. Not that this is an easy task but, seeing the mistakes and successes of our predecessor allows us to avoid the pitfalls and potholes.

And, we have experienced drivers who understand finance and business, Bitcoin had none of these in the early days and look how far it has come. I find it interesting in the Gates flyer above that Buffett says "Don't just go for the safe projects, take on the really tough problems". There's a hypocritical slant to that remark since he considers crypto as garbage. Lets prove him wrong.

Also, there is this undertone in the Bitcoin world, not so much in the Altcoin world but still prevalent, that there can be only one, a "winner" if you will, That's simply not the case. I see multiple crypto currencies co existing each with a slightly different market and purpose and perhaps, even geographical foot print.

So, the answer is a resounding YES! DNotes can be worth as much or more than Bitcoin is today but, the thing we need to remember is that it does not have to be. Our focus should not be on matching or exceeding Bitcoin's current value, it should be on continuing the slow stead rise of value, adoption and stability. This is a mistake so many (all?) cryptos are making. The only yardstick there creators and supporters use to measure success is the valuation of the token.

This constant fixation on price is what drives people out of the industry, developers and users alike. Think about it for a moment, is there anyone here that would be upset if DNotes reached a valuation of 5 USD in 3 years? How about 2 USD? Would a holder of 100,000 DNotes be upset by these valuations?

There was a movie where they said "If you build it, they will come." Well, they were not entirely correct. If you build it, support it, steer it through the deadly minefield that is finance and continue to promote and improve it, they will come.

Personally, I am very pleased with the current state of DNotes as a store of value. Show me a stock, or a commodity, that has, and will continue, to perform as well that doesn't cost an arm and a leg to buy in any quantity. This is a brave new world and we need to navigate it carefully with all our skills lest we founder on the rocks. The shipwrecks of impatience and greed are all around us, but, we have hitched our fate to a competent captain and crew. Landfall is just around the corner...

PS: I would like to see an easier way for non crypto savvy people to purchase DNotes. I think this is one the most important ways to improve DNotes uptake with the general population.

Thanks, RJF. This is an exceptional post. There is nothing else I need to add. I encourage everyone to read carefully. Print it, circulate it and hang one up as your refrigerator bill board.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 03:17:34 PM

PS: I would like to see an easier way for non crypto savvy people to purchase DNotes. I think this is one the most important ways to improve DNotes uptake with the general population.

Thanks, RJF. This is an exceptional post. There is nothing else I need to add. I encourage everyone to read carefully. Print it, circulate it and hang one up as your refrigerator bill board.

Great post RJF, this will be a great quote.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 03:34:16 PM

The core mission of CRISP For Charity is indeed to engage the top 2% to work with DNotes and International charity organizations to help alleviate various global problems including poverty and the 2.5 billion unbanked.

CRISP For Students will be positioned as a conduit to scholarship funds, grants and other student aids.

It is delightful and encouraging that Bill and Melinda Gates have specifically mentioned these two areas. I am very passionate about pursuing every possible avenue for DNotes to be a global digital currency with a purpose so that much good can be done for humanity.

The world we live in has always been dynamic, constantly reacting and adjusting to the needs for change. What we could be underestimating this time is the massive potential for job and wealth creation. We are already living in a hyperconnected world with super-computing power at our finger tips. Over five billion people will be online equipped with significantly more powerful computing power by 2020. Technologies have always been ahead of regulations. This time around the speed of an accommodating regulatory environment to promote rather than to stifle the greatest innovation since the Internet could be the greatest competitive edge among nations. Bitcoin as a digital currency coupled with the immense power of the Blockchain is the solution to many global problems confronting mankind today. There may not be another global opportunity of this magnitude a single nation can exploit to gain an enormous advantage.

DNotes is the only digital currency created from ground up to be the global currency for all; rich or poor. Its foundation is built upon trust and integrity with a mission to promote the best in mankind. It is far more rewarding, beneficial, and productive to be of help to others while helping ourselves. We respectfully await the participation of the most fortunate 2% to join force with us one day as we continue to make a difference in giving the less fortunate a chance to strive for a better financial future.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 03:42:52 PM

2 ) DNotes investment fund that is SEC approved and tradeable on a major stock exchange
3 ) Accessibility and Ease of Use
4 ) CLEARLY outlining benefits, programs, future of DNotes
5 ) 24/7 support
6 ) Multilingual support
7 ) Assurance of store of value
8 ) Credit/Debit Card
9 ) ATM services
10 ) Refill service for prepaid/sim cards

Adding the investment fund to the list of services. Let me know if anyone comes up with anything else. I also would like to add something about how DNotes will likely grow/evolve.

Pages: « 1 ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: