Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 08:23:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814501 times)
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 07:48:22 PM

All, any ideas for the tagline for CRISP for Employee Incentive Benefits?

I'll give it a shot and start the list...

1. An affordable option to give back to your employees.

2. An affordable alternative to providing your employees with benefits.

Do I have the concept right??

Thank you Chase. Better than what I've come up with.

Here are the other CRISP taglines for reference.
Students: Investing In Education For Our Future Generations
Kids: Helping secure the future of our children and grandchildren
Retirement: Helping to secure YOUR future in an uncertain financial world.

Any other ideas would be helpful.

I think maybe the direction of the tagline might be something more like: Adding Value to Employee Incentive.

For some reason, this one seems to be more challenging.  Is this closer to the direction you want?

Rewarding your (loyal?) employees with valuable incentives (or valuable benefits?)

An economical way to reward employee loyalty with valuable incentives.

Thanks again Chase. It is a more difficult one to nail down. I will do a little brainstorming session here:

Employee Incentive That Works For You

Grow Your Employee Incentives

High Potential Employee Incentives

Investing In Your Employees Future

Employee Incentive Investment for the Future

Incentive That Grows for your Employees

Rewarding Employees By Investing in Their Future

Let me know if you like any of these or if they are heading in the right direction.

Rewarding Employees By Investing in Their Future - hands down my favourite.  I was getting caught up in the concept of it being the only affordable way for many employers to provide their employees with benefits.  However there is no catchy way to sloganize that and it doesn't necessarily come across in the best light.  This one is great because it very clearly states it is for the benefit of the employees.  Well done! Wink Grin

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 11:41:11 PM

I think maybe the direction of the tagline might be something more like: Adding Value to Employee Incentive.

For some reason, this one seems to be more challenging.  Is this closer to the direction you want?

Rewarding your (loyal?) employees with valuable incentives (or valuable benefits?)

Thanks again Chase. It is a more difficult one to nail down. I will do a little brainstorming session here:

Let me know if you like any of these or if they are heading in the right direction.

Rewarding Employees By Investing in Their Future - hands down my favourite.  I was getting caught up in the concept of it being the only affordable way for many employers to provide their employees with benefits.  However there is no catchy way to sloganize that and it doesn't necessarily come across in the best light.  This one is great because it very clearly states it is for the benefit of the employees.  Well done! Wink Grin

Great! It was a tough one. Everyone is getting ready for the launch next week.

SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 12:47:29 AM

Wall Street is definitely waking up to the massive potential of digital currency and Blockchain technology. Bitcoin will continue to play an important role. It has the name recognition and the marketcap.

DNotes is getting a lot of attention too. My LinkedIn connection with Wall Street has been growing at a fast clip.

I will speaking as a participant of a panel about digital currencies at Silicon Dragon's NY event, June 22 evening, 5:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at NASDAQ in New York. There will also be Venture Capital and other investors plus the Wall Street crowd. I have absolutely no doubt that DNotes is far better positioned as a long term investment across the board and the best candidate to gain mass acceptance.

This is huge news!!! I was VERY excited, but not surprised to hear the news. Wall street is waking up to Digital Currency, and DNotes has been positioned for mass acceptance since day one. Our path to mass acceptance is very different than ALL other Digital Currencies. The world is beating a path to our door. Be ready.

I would tag along with Alan, but muddy shoes and overalls does not quite fit the audience.

Smokey
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 02:02:40 AM

You have my vote. That is my favorite too, bad far.  Great job.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 02:23:55 AM

Having trusted management will become one of DNotes greatest assets in the years to come. Not to say the majority of the network won't rule, but knowing who to trust to make the right decisions will easier.

Leaderless Bitcoin Struggles to Make Its Most Crucial Decision

Bitcoin’s most influential developer has proposed a controversial fix that would help it handle more transactions.

In a test of Bitcoin’s ability to adapt to its own growing popularity, the Bitcoin community is facing a dilemma: how to change Bitcoin’s core software so that the growing volume of transactions doesn’t overwhelm the network. Some fear that the network, as it’s currently designed, could become overwhelmed as early as next year.

Source: http://www.technologyreview.com/news/537486/leaderless-bitcoin-struggles-to-make-its-most-crucial-decision/

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 02:45:10 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2015, 03:03:43 AM by RJF

Having trusted management will become one of DNotes greatest assets in the years to come. Not to say the majority of the network won't rule, but knowing who to trust to make the right decisions will easier.

Bitcoin’s most influential developer has proposed a controversial fix that would help it handle more transactions.

In a test of Bitcoin’s ability to adapt to its own growing popularity, the Bitcoin community is facing a dilemma: how to change Bitcoin’s core software so that the growing volume of transactions doesn’t overwhelm the network. Some fear that the network, as it’s currently designed, could become overwhelmed as early as next year.

Source: http://www.technologyreview.com/news/537486/leaderless-bitcoin-struggles-to-make-its-most-crucial-decision/

I believe the original Bitcoin code was designed to show others the way, not remain static. The intelligence behind the design must have realized that a single solution would not work forever. There is a need in nature for things to grow, mutate, adapt and multiply, computer code is no different, everything follows these rules. The designer(s) must have realized that if successful, Bitcoin would need to change to keep up with the times and ever changing and evolving uses for the crypto-currency. Also, it would only be natural if it spawned others with similar, but different specifications. Why is it so hard for people to see this or, is it just the press doing their thing? Anyway, change is good as long as it solves a problem or adds value. To stagnate is to die and we don't want that now do we?

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 12:50:54 PM

Here is MasterCard's attempt to 'embrace' bitcoin.  It apparently protects the consumer against fraud, but once again, does nothing to protect the merchant.  In typical MasterCard style, it comes with a long list of fees.

"Danish Exchange CCEDK launches MasterCard Bitcoin Debit Card"

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/20470/danish-exchange-ccedk-launches-mastercard-bitcoin-debit-card/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 01:38:10 PM

This is a very interesting article. I'm not as up on the technical aspects of Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. How is DNotes positioned to either solve this problem or never encounter it in the first place? Was it designed with much larger block size limits from the beginning?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 02:34:40 PM

This is a very interesting article. I'm not as up on the technical aspects of Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. How is DNotes positioned to either solve this problem or never encounter it in the first place? Was it designed with much larger block size limits from the beginning?

We have a much higher rate of allowable transactions per second and a much shorter block target time. However, that doesn't mean we won't have to make changes at any point to adapt to any need that arises. There is no perfect solution at this time, and likely never will be perfected, but we are prepared for that.

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 03:43:56 PM

We have a much higher rate of allowable transactions per second and a much shorter block target time. However, that doesn't mean we won't have to make changes at any point to adapt to any need that arises. There is no perfect solution at this time, and likely never will be perfected, but we are prepared for that.

Right--shorter block target time would make a big difference. Anyway, good to know you are prepared Smiley
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 04:33:18 PM

Five global banks to pay $5.7 billion in fines over rate rigging
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Five of the world's largest banks, including JPMorgan Chase & Co and Citigroup Inc, were fined roughly $5.7 billion, and four of them pleaded guilty to U.S. criminal charges over manipulation of foreign exchange rates, authorities said on Wednesday.

A fifth bank, UBS AG, will plead guilty to rigging benchmark interest rates, the U.S. Justice Department said.

U.S. banks JPMorgan Chase and Citigroup will pay $550 million and $925 million in criminal fines, respectively, as part of their guilty pleas.

British banks Barclays Plc will pay $650 million in criminal penalties and Royal Bank of Scotland Plc $395 million. Each will plead guilty to one felony count of conspiring to fix prices and rig bids for U.S. dollars and euros in the foreign exchange spot market.

Euro dollar traders at four of the banks described themselves as members of “The Cartel” and used an electronic chat room and coded language to manipulate exchange rates to increase profits, the Justice Department said.

The $5.7 billion total includes $1.6 billion in fines separately imposed by the U.S. Federal Reserve on the five banks.

Separately, the Fed fined Bank of America Corp $205 million for unsound practices in foreign exchange.

Barclays also will pay an additional $1.3 billion to settle with the New York State Department of Financial Services, the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission and the UK's Financial Conduct Authority, authorities said.

http://reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0O51PY20150520?irpc=932

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 05:22:39 PM

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Five of the world's largest banks, including JPMorgan Chase & Co and Citigroup Inc, were fined roughly $5.7 billion, and four of them pleaded guilty to U.S. criminal charges over manipulation of foreign exchange rates, authorities said on Wednesday.

A fifth bank, UBS AG, will plead guilty to rigging benchmark interest rates, the U.S. Justice Department said.

U.S. banks JPMorgan Chase and Citigroup will pay $550 million and $925 million in criminal fines, respectively, as part of their guilty pleas.

British banks Barclays Plc will pay $650 million in criminal penalties and Royal Bank of Scotland Plc $395 million. Each will plead guilty to one felony count of conspiring to fix prices and rig bids for U.S. dollars and euros in the foreign exchange spot market.

Euro dollar traders at four of the banks described themselves as members of “The Cartel” and used an electronic chat room and coded language to manipulate exchange rates to increase profits, the Justice Department said.

The $5.7 billion total includes $1.6 billion in fines separately imposed by the U.S. Federal Reserve on the five banks.

Separately, the Fed fined Bank of America Corp $205 million for unsound practices in foreign exchange.

Barclays also will pay an additional $1.3 billion to settle with the New York State Department of Financial Services, the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission and the UK's Financial Conduct Authority, authorities said.

It's sad to think about who really pays the price for all this. The people who use and trust these banks. They got ripped off to begin with, then those companies will have to find a way to charge people more to cover the fines.

CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 06:51:29 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2015, 08:14:26 PM by CryptoBroker79

It's sad to think about who really pays the price for all this. The people who use and trust these banks. They got ripped off to begin with, then those companies will have to find a way to charge people more to cover the fines.

This is a very good point. The way people are at the mercy of banks is just appalling. I look forward to the day when DNotes is well established, and gives people a viable alternative to traditional banking.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 07:20:43 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2015, 07:47:41 PM by DNotes

The video on this article is pretty good. Regulation is stifling innovation. I didn't realize that the bitlicense was intended to be an additional license on top of all other licensing and reporting requirements, it is essentially another roadblock, and potentially an unnecessary one that simply duplicates rules and regulations already in place. We don't know what the next big innovation like facebook will be, but imagine if it cost 4 million dollars to start facebook? It wouldn't exist.

Bitcoin's Regulatory Nightmare Is About to Get More Frightening

http://reason.com/reasontv/2015/05/20/bitlicense-benjamin-lawsky-bitcoin

RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 07:52:44 PM

Bitcoin recognized by the NYSE.

The Times article:

http://time.com/3889775/new-york-stock-exchange-gives-bitcoin-some-mainstream-love/

The index itself:

https://www.nyse.com/quote/index/NYXBT

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 11:34:28 PM

Very cool. Can't wait to see what happens from here.

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 12:19:00 AM

The video on this article is pretty good. Regulation is stifling innovation. I didn't realize that the bitlicense was intended to be an additional license on top of all other licensing and reporting requirements, it is essentially another roadblock, and potentially an unnecessary one that simply duplicates rules and regulations already in place. We don't know what the next big innovation like facebook will be, but imagine if it cost 4 million dollars to start facebook? It wouldn't exist.

Is this not a conflict of interest??  Benjamin Lawsky just orchestrated a quagmire of legal regulations for the industry and now he is opening up a legal office to advise clients on matters relating to digital currency.  He did say he has no intention in advising companies that the NYDFS regulates... but who knows?

"Report: Lawsky to Consult on Digital Currencies After Leaving NYDFS"

New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) superintendent Benjamin M Lawsky is stepping down next month and is said to be planning to establish a legal consulting firm.

While the news created a slew of headlines, some media outlets were able to uncover new details. For example, The New York Post indicated that Lawsky would seek to advise clients on matters involving bitcoin and digital currencies, citing anonymous sources.

http://www.coindesk.com/lawsky-consult-digital-currency-nydfs/

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:40:35 AM

Is this not a conflict of interest??  Benjamin Lawsky just orchestrated a quagmire of legal regulations for the industry and now he is opening up a legal office to advise clients on matters relating to digital currency.  He did say he has no intention in advising companies that the NYDFS regulates... but who knows?

New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) superintendent Benjamin M Lawsky is stepping down next month and is said to be planning to establish a legal consulting firm.

While the news created a slew of headlines, some media outlets were able to uncover new details. For example, The New York Post indicated that Lawsky would seek to advise clients on matters involving bitcoin and digital currencies, citing anonymous sources.

This should not be that surprising. I look at things from a different prospective. This is a confirmation that Bitcoin and other Digital Currency like DNotes are here to stay and should be taken seriously. Some government regulation is a good thing for our industry. My biggest problem is the unproductive duplicative requirements of 48 states requiring an individual license to conduct business in their state. That imposes undue burden on small start-up businesses that are important to job creation we so badly need.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 01:43:01 AM

One word: Typical!  

Make the most complicated quagmire of laws possible then, quit and open up a law office to make money off the companies you would have regulated. Scum.

DNotesVault
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:24:22 AM

Cointelegraph Interview:

I just completed a long interview with Cointelegraph. Keep an eye on it. It should be published in the next few days.

Early indications are that we are gaining some attention from the main stream media. I am gaining new connections to the mainstream media, venture capital firms and major investors every day. Those are all very good indicators that DNotes is doing something right.  

DNotes price has been under pressure lately. I believe that it is a buying opportunity and not likely to last too much longer. Looking at our trend line our next uptrend will take us to around 7,000 Satoshi and settle at around 6,000 Satoshi. That is just one person's opinion and I have been wrong before. What I do know is that we have been adding a lot of fundamental values to our infrastructure and those values have yet to be reflected. Free market pricing is never perfect, but true value are always reflected over time.

For those who might have missed my post I will speaking on a panel about digital currencies at Silicon Dragon's NY event, June 22 evening, at NASDAQ. That is wall street audience along with Venture Capital people and other investors. We are taking DNotes to the next level.

Here is the intro of my unedited version of the Cointelegraph Interview:

Alan Yong Interviewed by Raunaq Vaisoha – CoinTelegraph

1) How did you get introduced to Bitcoin? What fascinated you about it?

I have always been fascinated by how computing power can be used to solve problems. In 1981 I founded Manufacturing and Maintenance Systems, Inc. (MMS) and developed a Rotating Equipment Alignment Computer System for the Tradesmen (REACT) using a pocket calculator with 8K memory from Tandy Corporation. We later developed our own propriety industrial computer. Using over $1 million from MMS I started Dauphin technology in 1989 and I quickly became a well regarded visionary in the early days of mobile computers.

Among our best known products was Dauphin DTR, a handheld computer that competed head on with the Apple Newton which has evolved to be the Apple Iphone as we know it today. I always have a keen interest to imagine how computing power could help alleviate some global problems if made available to billions of people worldwide.

In 2007 I started helping a struggling small business owner to diversify his seasonal heating business to include a second seasonal business to even out cash flow. That gave birth to Smokeys Daylily Gardens, one of the largest Daylily growers in the world today. Our web developer and internet guru, whom I have been working with closely for many years introduced me to Bitcoin in November 2013. When I finally decided to do some serious research, I could not stop thinking that we finally have all the needed parts to help alleviate some significant global problems that had not been possible before.

The concept of being able to move money or digital assets of value quickly anywhere in the world between two parties without the oversight central authority got my attention quickly. Wow. Unlike the bank you don’t need any personal data to perfect a transaction at near zero cost between two parties and you don’t even have to know each other. I became fascinated and became obsessed. I wanted to know everything about it and visited every single forum reading about the good, the bad and the ugly.
Pages: « 1 ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: