Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:13:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814490 times)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 02:53:00 PM

Converting a pre-approved list of alt-coins, including Bitcoin, to DNotes within DNotesVault is not a big technical challenge. The unsettled regulatory requirements may be more challenging than we like to believe. Let's keep our options on the table for now.

I have no doubt regulation is going to be a challenge to navigate. In my feature dream list I'm assuming regulation is not an issue... but I realize that is not reality.

I'm curious, Dyna. Were any of the people you met at Silicon Dragon in any way involved in the financial regulatory process? If not, did they know anyone who was?

It seems to me that one proactive thing that could be done starting now (OK, I'm sure you've already been doing this for months) is engaging in friendly dialog with regulators and regulation decision makers about the subject. I figure the more that can be openly discussed before it becomes an issue the better. And those discussions just might shape relevant regulatory policy in a positive way.

Thanks Wiser, that is a great idea. One of the things Alan and I have discussed is having an outlet for this sort of information and provide a direct link to interested parties. Including regulatory issues and recommendations, executive summaries for DNotes and DNotes related topics.

1 option is in CryptoMoms or in dedicated threads on CryptoMoms, however we feel it would easily get lost and potentially cluttered. DNotesVault is not a likely candidate because of the subject matter and we want to keep DNotesVault as clean as possible. Another option is a dedicated blog style website that would allow commenting and active participation.

I would like to hear everyone's comments on this subject. Where and what format do you feel would be best for this type of information?

To be creative and innovative we have to be able to think freely and not be constrained by limitations. Otherwise, we will excuse ourselves and ended up doing nothing.

I am mindful that technology always get ahead of regulations. Typically there is a long grace period of a “hands off” approach. The Internet is a great example; and it too has been very disruptive. The postal service is still trying to survive. Thousands of companies had to adjust or shut down. States are still loosing out $ billions in potential sales tax revenue. But all that have been acceptable tradeoffs for the better good of our society. The far majority of us agreed, but not likely 100% in agreement. Digital currency is shaping out to be much more complex, intimidating, and confusing. So what can we do objectively and productively to be of help our industry to promote earlier adoption? 

A number of law firms had sent someone to attend the event at NASDAQ. Sidley Austin LLP, a large national law firm, was actually one of the sponsors. I specifically asked about the level of expertise in the areas digital currency as it applies to compliance issues. The standard answer, which I had heard many times before, is that “we are a large law firm and I am sure we can find someone who can work with you on that”. This is a very important issue and I prefer to work someone face to face in the Chicago land area. I have spent months looking for the right law firm with someone I can work well with. It has been challenging. We have a tentative selection on the standby. I like the guy and already met him twice and three of his partners once. They are among the more knowledgeable in our industry.

“It seems to me that one proactive thing that could be done starting now (OK, I'm sure you've already been doing this for months) is engaging in friendly dialog with regulators and regulation decision makers about the subject. I figure the more that can be openly discussed before it becomes an issue the better. And those discussions just might shape relevant regulatory policy in a positive way.” Wiser, 6-24-2015

Wiser, you are absolutely correct that we need to be more proactive to engage others in a friendly dialog. I have been doing that to a limited extent but that limited exposure will not go very far. Now that DNotes has been gaining more recognition and respect perhaps we can move to a higher level of being able to reach different groups, including regulators and mainstream media on a global level. I will be very supportive of such an initiative.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 03:17:49 PM

It sounds as you made great representation for DNOTE at the center of the world, as one more step up. respect

Alan's Talking Points
Silicon Dragon NY 2015
Presented at Nasdaq on June 22, 2015

Thank you, Porter. I am Alan Yong, Co-Founder of DNotes, CryptoMoms, and DNotesVault. DNotes is the most stable digital currency among over 500 coins that are traded in our industry. DNotes has appreciated over 30 times from 200 to over 6,000 Satoshi since it was first listed in March 2014.

How we characterize Bitcoin is extremely important because it governs our perception and mindset. To me, it is money and it has the potential to be far superior to money. I am a firm believer that we are witnessing the greatest technology revolution in the history of mankind. This will lead to massive job and wealth creation.

To be objective though, we need to examine this immensely innovative technology as four separate but inter-related components:

1. The Currency:  As the pioneer, Bitcoin has struggled as a currency with countless negative headlines. It is failing to meet the full functions of money. It has been struggling to gain mass acceptance as it has been too volatile as a store of value and medium of exchange. It seems to have settled with a limited purpose as a speculative trading vehicle.

2. The Blockchain: The concept of verifiable public ledger for every transaction using ingenious consensus technologies will have world-changing implications, leading to a quantum shift in how we conduct global business. This will cause large-scale disruption in multiple industries, including banking, cross-border currency remittance, as well as credit and debit card and other financial services.

3. Payment System: As a global payment system the technology is far superior. Two parties with a smart phone or computer with internet connection, anywhere in the world can send and receive funds without the oversight of any central authority. The transaction is confirmed in minutes at near zero cost.

4. The human factors:

Bitcoin’s biggest pitfalls have been caused by the human factors that can be associated with poor business practices, the lack of mutual respect among community members and the outright misconducts of bad actors. Bitcoin as a technology is not perfect but pretty close. New technologies always evolve and get better. Bitcoin is no exception

We have positioned DNotes very differently since day one. We believe that like money, DNotes must be available for everyone, irrespective of financial standing. It must be built with trust and integrity. Trust is our most valuable brand. We must also make a dedicated effort to include the full participation of women. For these and many other reasons DNotes has created its own ecosystem to include CryptoMoms, DNotesVault and our family of digital savings accounts so that everyone worldwide can participate and share its success.

This is a massive global opportunity, but depending on the regulatory environment it could take 5 to 10 years from now before mass acceptance can be expected. A supportive mainstream media will certainly go a long way in contributing to the early adoption of digital currency. Thank you.

Thank you. It went well. We want to be positive and objective. The best ways to solve problems and make improvement is to recognize the real problems and come up with viable solutions. Our messages have to be clear and consistent. We are at the very beginning of doing things on a global scale. Would you be interested to start a grass root group in Israel? Depending on your interest level it can cover different areas. For example, you can focus in working with students. Pick a school, college or university and start with a small group who may be interested to know more about digital currency. They can sign up for a CRISP For student account and get up to 500 DNotes free. Let me know if you have other ideas.

matatyau-cohen

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 04:40:54 PM

Thanks for this comment Alan. Yes, I'm interested to go deeper with Dnotes as a global and community's nature currency. I'll gather my thought regarding the best lanes to push DNOTES as a characterized coin upon many non characterized coins in a very Innovative arena - and write to you in 1-2 days my thoughts. I think that the field of non institutional currencies is facing now a great opportunity because of the huge mistakes that many govermments  made regarding their institutional currency - by over printing - in manners that shakes the public trust toward these currencies.

It sounds as you made great representation for DNOTE at the center of the world, as one more step up. respect

Alan's Talking Points
Silicon Dragon NY 2015

Thank you, Porter. I am Alan Yong, Co-Founder of DNotes, CryptoMoms, and DNotesVault. DNotes is the most stable digital currency among over 500 coins that are traded in our industry. DNotes has appreciated over 30 times from 200 to over 6,000 Satoshi since it was first listed in March 2014.

How we characterize Bitcoin is extremely important because it governs our perception and mindset. To me, it is money and it has the potential to be far superior to money. I am a firm believer that we are witnessing the greatest technology revolution in the history of mankind. This will lead to massive job and wealth creation.

To be objective though, we need to examine this immensely innovative technology as four separate but inter-related components:

1. The Currency:  As the pioneer, Bitcoin has struggled as a currency with countless negative headlines. It is failing to meet the full functions of money. It has been struggling to gain mass acceptance as it has been too volatile as a store of value and medium of exchange. It seems to have settled with a limited purpose as a speculative trading vehicle.

2. The Blockchain: The concept of verifiable public ledger for every transaction using ingenious consensus technologies will have world-changing implications, leading to a quantum shift in how we conduct global business. This will cause large-scale disruption in multiple industries, including banking, cross-border currency remittance, as well as credit and debit card and other financial services.

3. Payment System: As a global payment system the technology is far superior. Two parties with a smart phone or computer with internet connection, anywhere in the world can send and receive funds without the oversight of any central authority. The transaction is confirmed in minutes at near zero cost.

4. The human factors:

Bitcoin’s biggest pitfalls have been caused by the human factors that can be associated with poor business practices, the lack of mutual respect among community members and the outright misconducts of bad actors. Bitcoin as a technology is not perfect but pretty close. New technologies always evolve and get better. Bitcoin is no exception

We have positioned DNotes very differently since day one. We believe that like money, DNotes must be available for everyone, irrespective of financial standing. It must be built with trust and integrity. Trust is our most valuable brand. We must also make a dedicated effort to include the full participation of women. For these and many other reasons DNotes has created its own ecosystem to include CryptoMoms, DNotesVault and our family of digital savings accounts so that everyone worldwide can participate and share its success.

This is a massive global opportunity, but depending on the regulatory environment it could take 5 to 10 years from now before mass acceptance can be expected. A supportive mainstream media will certainly go a long way in contributing to the early adoption of digital currency. Thank you.

Thank you. It went well. We want to be positive and objective. The best ways to solve problems and make improvement is to recognize the real problems and come up with viable solutions. Our messages have to be clear and consistent. We are at the very beginning of doing things on a global scale. Would you be interested to start a grass root group in Israel? Depending on your interest level it can cover different areas. For example, you can focus in working with students. Pick a school, college or university and start with a small group who may be interested to know more about digital currency. They can sign up for a CRISP For student account and get up to 500 DNotes free. Let me know if you have other ideas.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 06:10:22 PM

Thanks for this comment Alan. Yes, I'm interested to go deeper with Dnotes as a global and community's nature currency. I'll gather my thought regarding the best lanes to push DNOTES as a characterized coin upon many non characterized coins in a very Innovative arena - and write to you in 1-2 days my thoughts. I think that the field of non institutional currencies is facing now a great opportunity because of the huge mistakes that many govermments  made regarding their institutional currency - by over printing - in manners that shakes the public trust toward these currencies.

Alan's Talking Points
Silicon Dragon NY 2015

1. The Currency:  As the pioneer, Bitcoin has struggled as a currency with countless negative headlines. It is failing to meet the full functions of money. It has been struggling to gain mass acceptance as it has been too volatile as a store of value and medium of exchange. It seems to have settled with a limited purpose as a speculative trading vehicle.

4. The human factors:

Thanks, matatyau. You are absolutely correct. One of the reasons I am excited about your participation is that I sensed that you have the vision to see the bigger picture on a global scale. We have mentioned in passing that DNotes is positioning itself to be a global digital currency with a mission, among others, to help solve global problems, which as you correctly pointed out "non institutional currencies is facing now a great opportunity because of the huge mistakes that many governments made regarding their institutional currency - by over printing - in manners that shakes the public trust toward these currencies".

Although there will be many different digital currencies with their own niche support, I strongly believe that it is invaluable to have a trusted global digital currency. I will do everything I possibly can to give DNotes the best chance of being the global digital currency. It is a huge undertaking. I believe that we have already built a solid foundation with the most critical building blocks to move to the next level.

We need a site where regulators, political leaders, government officials, company executives, editorial staff, educators and others can visit and gain important knowledge in "Executive Summary" format. If we can help global leaders to be on the same page DNotes can become the global currency for everyone worldwide; including local governments, states, nations, international organizations and many others.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 09:21:27 PM

Reading this article reminded me of some of the plans for the DNotesVault, such as providing API's and other tools for merchants to accept payments eventually. What other tools and API's do you think the DNotesVault could provide for merchants and users?

Here's something I posted back in February on APIs:

"Just thinking about ways to help people start an account and it occurred to me that if they could use other crypto currencies that would make entry much easier. I know there are issues with converting fiat to crypto but, how about crypto to crypto? What if a person could simply select from a drop down menu one or more of some of the top performing coins and instantly convert that amount to DNotes that is automatically deposited in a retirement or, other vault account?

No third parties, no exchanges to deal with manually, the vault site does the calculation and API calls could make the exchange. I'm not an expert in this area but I believe this could be totally automated without re-inventing the wheel. Something to think about. The easier it is to get onboard, the better."

If we could receive almost any coin and convert/deposit it to a customers vault account as DNotes, that would be amazing...

Great recall, RJF. I remember this comment very well. Now that DNotesVault is fairly mature it may be worth giving it some serious thought. Not totally comfortable with potential legal issues. On the surface, it appears that crypto to crypto exchange should be okay. If that assumption is acceptable than why couldn't DNotesVault accept Bitcoin in exchange for DNotes. Well, it will make DNotesVault an exchange and require licensing and other regulatory requirements. Granted this is an unsettled legal issue and will likely get different legal opinion. That may explain when certain unlicensed exchanges where fiat currency is not involved, they are allowed to continue to operate. This may also varies from state to state.

It was and still is a great suggestion. Agreeing with Dyna, without the proper licensing, it could be too high of a risk. The day will come where we are properly funded or partnered to have correct licensing for this though.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 09:29:13 PM

Reading this article reminded me of some of the plans for the DNotesVault, such as providing API's and other tools for merchants to accept payments eventually. What other tools and API's do you think the DNotesVault could provide for merchants and users?

Bitcoin Success Hinges on CIOs Embracing Open Platforms, APIs

CIOs investigating bitcoin and other digital currencies must consider how willing they are to embrace a more open IT architecture, as well as a growing number of service providers, says a security chief at one bitcoin startup.

“It comes down to understanding and embracing more of an open source mentality when it comes to software, and really going to more of a service-oriented architecture that looks to utilize a lot more APIs and plug into a lot of different pieces,” said William Dennings, security chief at bitcoin startup Bitreserve. APIs, short for application program interfaces, are a set of tools that allow applications to communicate and share data with one another.

[...]

http://blogs.wsj.com/cio/2015/06/24/bitcoin-success-hinges-on-cios-embracing-open-platforms-apis/

A feature I thought of earlier today was to have a way that a user could lock up funds in his or her vault, either vault-wide or address specific. There could be several lockdown periods, such as two weeks, 30, 60, and 90 days. There should be a way to initiate a lockdown without having to log into the account, for example, by texting "lockdown" followed by user's vault email address to a specific number. This would allow a user to halt any withdrawals if he or she suspects the account has been compromised (and the user's email address has also been compromised)--as could happen if a user's laptop computer were lost or stolen (let's face it, most of us do not adequately encrypt our computers!). I would think a user who is planning to deposit and hold might also trip the lockdown period on any "savings" accounts so as to remove temptation to spend funds which are intended to be saved. There would be some kind of procedure in place for lifting the lockdown (and allowing withdrawals) that would involve among other things, waiting out the lockdown period, changing the password, and communicating in some way that all is well.

I'm also all for making it easy to accept online payments from others, so having plugins that integrate DNotes vault with existing ecommerce plugins would be great.

If I ever run a successful online retail operation which takes payments in DNotes, one feature I would love to see is for payments I receive to be automatically divided and sent to different addresses within the vault. For example, I might want to take 10% of each payment I receive and put it in my retirement CRISP (you know, pay myself first), then the rest I might divide up between an expense account (to cover costs), my spending money, my CRISP for kids accounts, my employee benefits account (if I had employees), and my favorite charity. Basically, it would be the beginnings of automating the accounting and bookkeeping.

I'm not sure what DNotes has planned for an exchange or trading platform, but one thing I would love to see is the equivalent of Cryptsy or Poloniex with one major variation: The base currency that all altcoins trade to or from is DNotes, not Bitcoin. Besides that, one feature Cryptsy has that I love is autosell. You can program your account to automatically sell any coin upon deposit. One feature Poloniex has that I really love is the ability for users to lend funds to margin traders. I'm doing very well lending out Bitcoin at 0.06% daily interest rate.

And can't forget something like Coinbase which would link DNotes directly to fiat and a fiat bank account. I'm not selling DNotes right now, but when I do, it would be so nice if I didn't have to first convert to Bitcoin in order to convert to fiat.

Wiser, those are excellent ideas. We are watching itBit very closely and see how it plays out. They are incorporated and licensed as a bank charter. It took me a while to established an account with them. A great deal of personal data was needed. Those who don't like banks to begin with will have issues. There are no easy solutions. Our exchange will incorporate a lot of what you mentioned and more. I believe there will come a day when savings for retirement can be deducted payrolls and deposited directly to DNotesVault and they are taxed deferred.

Agreed, I know RJF would love the autosell features, as well as potential merchants.

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 10:33:44 PM

CIOs investigating bitcoin and other digital currencies must consider how willing they are to embrace a more open IT architecture, as well as a growing number of service providers, says a security chief at one bitcoin startup.

“It comes down to understanding and embracing more of an open source mentality when it comes to software, and really going to more of a service-oriented architecture that looks to utilize a lot more APIs and plug into a lot of different pieces,” said William Dennings, security chief at bitcoin startup Bitreserve. APIs, short for application program interfaces, are a set of tools that allow applications to communicate and share data with one another.

[...]

http://blogs.wsj.com/cio/2015/06/24/bitcoin-success-hinges-on-cios-embracing-open-platforms-apis/

A feature I thought of earlier today was to have a way that a user could lock up funds in his or her vault, either vault-wide or address specific. There could be several lockdown periods, such as two weeks, 30, 60, and 90 days. There should be a way to initiate a lockdown without having to log into the account, for example, by texting "lockdown" followed by user's vault email address to a specific number. This would allow a user to halt any withdrawals if he or she suspects the account has been compromised (and the user's email address has also been compromised)--as could happen if a user's laptop computer were lost or stolen (let's face it, most of us do not adequately encrypt our computers!). I would think a user who is planning to deposit and hold might also trip the lockdown period on any "savings" accounts so as to remove temptation to spend funds which are intended to be saved. There would be some kind of procedure in place for lifting the lockdown (and allowing withdrawals) that would involve among other things, waiting out the lockdown period, changing the password, and communicating in some way that all is well.

I'm also all for making it easy to accept online payments from others, so having plugins that integrate DNotes vault with existing ecommerce plugins would be great.

If I ever run a successful online retail operation which takes payments in DNotes, one feature I would love to see is for payments I receive to be automatically divided and sent to different addresses within the vault. For example, I might want to take 10% of each payment I receive and put it in my retirement CRISP (you know, pay myself first), then the rest I might divide up between an expense account (to cover costs), my spending money, my CRISP for kids accounts, my employee benefits account (if I had employees), and my favorite charity. Basically, it would be the beginnings of automating the accounting and bookkeeping.

I'm not sure what DNotes has planned for an exchange or trading platform, but one thing I would love to see is the equivalent of Cryptsy or Poloniex with one major variation: The base currency that all altcoins trade to or from is DNotes, not Bitcoin. Besides that, one feature Cryptsy has that I love is autosell. You can program your account to automatically sell any coin upon deposit. One feature Poloniex has that I really love is the ability for users to lend funds to margin traders. I'm doing very well lending out Bitcoin at 0.06% daily interest rate.

And can't forget something like Coinbase which would link DNotes directly to fiat and a fiat bank account. I'm not selling DNotes right now, but when I do, it would be so nice if I didn't have to first convert to Bitcoin in order to convert to fiat.

Wiser, those are excellent ideas. We are watching itBit very closely and see how it plays out. They are incorporated and licensed as a bank charter. It took me a while to established an account with them. A great deal of personal data was needed. Those who don't like banks to begin with will have issues. There are no easy solutions. Our exchange will incorporate a lot of what you mentioned and more. I believe there will come a day when savings for retirement can be deducted payrolls and deposited directly to DNotesVault and they are taxed deferred.

Agreed, I know RJF would love the autosell features, as well as potential merchants.

Yes, without a doubt. I am also quite conscious of the regulatory issues as well and have no problem waiting while this mess gets sorted out. In the meantime, it would be great if "ShapeShift" would consider adding us. Perhaps a concerted effort to inform them of what DNotes stands for and requesting addition to the platform would help. I know just one person can't do it, I've been trying for the last 6 months!  Sad

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 10:36:15 PM

[...]

Yes, without a doubt. I am also quite conscious of the regulatory issues as well and have no problem waiting while this mess gets sorted out. In the meantime, it would be great if "ShapeShift" would consider adding us. Perhaps a concerted effort to inform them of what DNotes stands for and requesting addition to the platform would help. I know just one person can't do it, I've been trying for the last 6 months!  Sad

I would love to see DNotes on ShapeShift. Great to see all went well when DNotes was at NASDAQ too!
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 12:31:47 AM

Hello all!

I'm back to life again, just completed my last exam for the semester... albeit alive on one and a half hours sleep.

Now I can begin the projects I've wanted to get onto these last few weeks (after some sleep). I think a separate informational page in either a blog style, or one that has a link to a google drive document (read only) that certain forum members have editing privileges could be a great way for people that work in regulation related fields to have a gander at.

It would be correct in my view, to focus on making ascertaining DNotes as simple as possible in any form- whether that be from dollars or from other crypto. It's really cool that wiser wrote a crypto guide on how to buy crypto, perhaps we should throw that link in the sticky.

Off to bed.

- TeeGee

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 03:48:28 AM

Hello all!

I'm back to life again, just completed my last exam for the semester... albeit alive on one and a half hours sleep.

Now I can begin the projects I've wanted to get onto these last few weeks (after some sleep). I think a separate informational page in either a blog style, or one that has a link to a google drive document (read only) that certain forum members have editing privileges could be a great way for people that work in regulation related fields to have a gander at.

It would be correct in my view, to focus on making ascertaining DNotes as simple as possible in any form- whether that be from dollars or from other crypto. It's really cool that wiser wrote a crypto guide on how to buy crypto, perhaps we should throw that link in the sticky.

Off to bed.

- TeeGee

TeeGee, you are amazing. You reminded me of my college days. I went to school full time with overload (two extra courses or total of 24 credit hours verses a full load of 16 credit hours), worked a full time job, watched our first child while my wife went to work. When my final exam was over I picked up the news paper and my brain refused to even read the headline on the front page. I felt like I had to sleep for a week. Have a good sleep, TeeGee. We will see you in a few days.
matatyau-cohen

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 12:15:39 PM

Thank you Alan. we see things much the same. I prepar my draft and send it to you. hope we will have fruitful common work

Thanks for this comment Alan. Yes, I'm interested to go deeper with Dnotes as a global and community's nature currency. I'll gather my thought regarding the best lanes to push DNOTES as a characterized coin upon many non characterized coins in a very Innovative arena - and write to you in 1-2 days my thoughts. I think that the field of non institutional currencies is facing now a great opportunity because of the huge mistakes that many govermments  made regarding their institutional currency - by over printing - in manners that shakes the public trust toward these currencies.

Alan's Talking Points
Silicon Dragon NY 2015

1. The Currency:  As the pioneer, Bitcoin has struggled as a currency with countless negative headlines. It is failing to meet the full functions of money. It has been struggling to gain mass acceptance as it has been too volatile as a store of value and medium of exchange. It seems to have settled with a limited purpose as a speculative trading vehicle.

4. The human factors:

Thanks, matatyau. You are absolutely correct. One of the reasons I am excited about your participation is that I sensed that you have the vision to see the bigger picture on a global scale. We have mentioned in passing that DNotes is positioning itself to be a global digital currency with a mission, among others, to help solve global problems, which as you correctly pointed out "non institutional currencies is facing now a great opportunity because of the huge mistakes that many governments made regarding their institutional currency - by over printing - in manners that shakes the public trust toward these currencies".

Although there will be many different digital currencies with their own niche support, I strongly believe that it is invaluable to have a trusted global digital currency. I will do everything I possibly can to give DNotes the best chance of being the global digital currency. It is a huge undertaking. I believe that we have already built a solid foundation with the most critical building blocks to move to the next level.

We need a site where regulators, political leaders, government officials, company executives, editorial staff, educators and others can visit and gain important knowledge in "Executive Summary" format. If we can help global leaders to be on the same page DNotes can become the global currency for everyone worldwide; including local governments, states, nations, international organizations and many others.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 01:32:38 PM

Thank you Alan. we see things much the same. I prepar my draft and send it to you. hope we will have fruitful common work

Alan's Talking Points
Silicon Dragon NY 2015

4. The human factors:

Thank you, matatyau. I am looking forward to your draft.

After over a year of hard work, DNotes is now at a different level of development. We have demonstrated that even in a nascent industry of great promises yet saddled with destructive behavior and misconducts it is possible to build a unique path of its own where the focus is on the best of mankind, yet mindful of their weaknesses.

We have demonstrated that it is possible for like-minded people to work closely and in harmony for the long term mutual benefits of others and themselves; as oppose to exploiting others for their own and immediate benefits. Realistically, we are just a small minority in our industry. We believe that DNotes has great potential to be far superior to money or fiat currency. However, if it were to supplement or replace fiat currency, which may take generations, it must be built with trust and integrity, and for everyone as a global currency. It must recognize the eye-popping gender imbalance and make every dedicated effort to include the full participation of women.

To accomplish that mission it will take great efforts and commitment at multiple levels, from grass roots to global initiatives. We love to hear from our community as to how you might want to participate. This is a serious call to action. We are building a global digital currency with a purpose and strongly believe that together we can make a significant difference for the betterment of mankind.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 02:45:39 PM

Hello all!

Off to bed.

- TeeGee

That's excellent TeeGee!

Google drive is a great option. Thinking through it a bit more with that in mind, I think it would be better presented and received in a website format and we would likely use Google drive for the source content and collaboration.

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 04:28:16 PM

Hello all!

Off to bed.

- TeeGee

That's excellent TeeGee!

Google drive is a great option. Thinking through it a bit more with that in mind, I think it would be better presented and received in a website format and we would likely use Google drive for the source content and collaboration.

That idea is even better. A drive document could be used where regulators, lawyers and related professionals can come and give their views, and somebody from the DNotes team can elucidate the content for a web page the general public can read. The content might come in useful for a regulation section for industry professionals in the introduction to crypto handbook.

Hello all!

Off to bed.

- TeeGee

TeeGee, you are amazing. You reminded me of my college days. I went to school full time with overload (two extra courses or total of 24 credit hours verses a full load of 16 credit hours), worked a full time job, watched our first child while my wife went to work. When my final exam was over I picked up the news paper and my brain refused to even read the headline on the front page. I felt like I had to sleep for a week. Have a good sleep, TeeGee. We will see you in a few days.

It doesn't surprise me one bit that you did all that concurrently. The hard work people like you do, is the reason that projects like DNotes succeed. I'm sure you may have heard about the 10,000 hour 'rule' that some people speak about. Somebody put 10,000 as the number of hours needed doing something until somebody can become a 'master' of it. I applaud the trend of young people being behind many / most  crypto businesses and the success their ideas have brought them (The etherium founder was what? 17 when he came up with the idea!?). However, I highly doubt that many people controlling crypto businesses and/or currencies come remotely close to meeting 10,000 hours experience in business, let alone 10,000 hours experience in crypto / developing a digital currency. You have stated that you learned of crypto in late 2013, but given how many hours you fit into the day, I'm willing to bet you already have thousands of hours of knowledge behind you - more than most who were actively involved from just after Bitcoins inception in 2009. When it comes to the business experience side, you already have some four decades of it, and much of that is in the technology / computing industry. The other founders also have decades of business experience. All you needed to do was learn about crypto and apply your business acumen to it. This is in stark contrast to most people who release a Digital Currency, who tend to have zero (feel free to name me some that do). This is a major competitive advantage that DNotes has, and DNotes should and has created this point of difference effectively. It is the reason DNotes is being represented at NASDAQ, while other crypto that currently have higher market caps are not.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 04:33:51 PM

Perhaps it pays to wait...

New York Releases 31-Page BitLicense Application Form

The New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) has released the application forms that Bitcoin companies in the state must complete by August 8 in order to register their businesses.

The BitLicense was formally adopted earlier this week through publication in the New York State Register. All Bitcoin firms must now complete the 31-page application form and pay a non-refundable US$5,000 application fee in order to continue operating.

Jesse Powell, co-founder and CEO of Kraken, said heavy compliance costs on digital currency exchanges made it more difficult to operate profitable exchanges. He continued:

“Many fear it will stifle innovation in the industry and exclude New York from the developing currency.”
-Jesse Powell, co-founder and CEO of Kraken

The final revisions to the New York State regulatory program on digital currencies were released earlier this month by the superintendent of financial services for the NYDFS Ben Lawsky, with minor updates to improve functionality and make state regulators’ roles more clear.

Following its official adoption, the application form was released yesterday for Bitcoin companies to fill out. Aside from basic company information, it asks applicants to list all jurisdictions where they have licenses, or have applied for them, as well as indicate whether they have ever been the subject of regulatory or enforcement action in any jurisdiction.

Companies must provide copies of all insurance policies, as well as biographical information on all company directors and stockholders. They must also provide an organization chart of the company’s management structure, along with “an explanation of the methodology used to calculate the value of virtual currency in fiat currency.”

Applicants must also provide an investigative background report prepared by an independent investigatory agency for each individual applicant, including information such as credit history, employment history, and motor vehicle ownership history. Three personal references from non-relatives are required for all applicants.

The BitLicense has prove controversial, with Eobot last week becoming the third firm to exit the state as a result of the new regulations. Though Lawsky has said regulators “need to realize their own limitations; recognize what they do not know, and keep an open mind when approaching new technologies,” many have criticized the scope of the regulations.

Users on Reddit reacted sarcastically to the length of the application form, with cointastical saying:

“Thank you, Mr. Lawsky, for regulating this industry!!! Might you, by chance, know anyone who can help me comprehend the 31 pages of this document, complete the application, and then comply with the requirements? Yourself, perhaps?”

Another user assumed Lawsky’s name, replying to the above message with: “I worked tirelessly on the BitLicense, only taking big companies with deep pockets advice, so that I could come up with a complex process only my consulting firm will be able to help you with.”

Source: http://cointelegraph.com/news/114681/new-york-releases-31-page-bitlicense-application-form

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 06:52:45 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2015, 07:58:33 PM by Chase

Perhaps it pays to wait...

New York Releases 31-Page BitLicense Application Form

The New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) has released the application forms that Bitcoin companies in the state must complete by August 8 in order to register their businesses.

The BitLicense was formally adopted earlier this week through publication in the New York State Register. All Bitcoin firms must now complete the 31-page application form and pay a non-refundable US$5,000 application fee in order to continue operating.

Jesse Powell, co-founder and CEO of Kraken, said heavy compliance costs on digital currency exchanges made it more difficult to operate profitable exchanges. He continued:

“Many fear it will stifle innovation in the industry and exclude New York from the developing currency.”
-Jesse Powell, co-founder and CEO of Kraken

The final revisions to the New York State regulatory program on digital currencies were released earlier this month by the superintendent of financial services for the NYDFS Ben Lawsky, with minor updates to improve functionality and make state regulators’ roles more clear.

Following its official adoption, the application form was released yesterday for Bitcoin companies to fill out. Aside from basic company information, it asks applicants to list all jurisdictions where they have licenses, or have applied for them, as well as indicate whether they have ever been the subject of regulatory or enforcement action in any jurisdiction.

Companies must provide copies of all insurance policies, as well as biographical information on all company directors and stockholders. They must also provide an organization chart of the company’s management structure, along with “an explanation of the methodology used to calculate the value of virtual currency in fiat currency.”

Applicants must also provide an investigative background report prepared by an independent investigatory agency for each individual applicant, including information such as credit history, employment history, and motor vehicle ownership history. Three personal references from non-relatives are required for all applicants.

The BitLicense has prove controversial, with Eobot last week becoming the third firm to exit the state as a result of the new regulations. Though Lawsky has said regulators “need to realize their own limitations; recognize what they do not know, and keep an open mind when approaching new technologies,” many have criticized the scope of the regulations.

Users on Reddit reacted sarcastically to the length of the application form, with cointastical saying:

“Thank you, Mr. Lawsky, for regulating this industry!!! Might you, by chance, know anyone who can help me comprehend the 31 pages of this document, complete the application, and then comply with the requirements? Yourself, perhaps?”

Another user assumed Lawsky’s name, replying to the above message with: “I worked tirelessly on the BitLicense, only taking big companies with deep pockets advice, so that I could come up with a complex process only my consulting firm will be able to help you with.”

Source: http://cointelegraph.com/news/114681/new-york-releases-31-page-bitlicense-application-form

New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) gets 1st prize in the category of "How Not To Do It!"  Really, a 31 page application form??  I groan if something has 2 pages - lol.  I did enjoy the Reddit comments and even though they were meant to be funny, they sure have a lot of truth in them.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 12:06:08 AM

I have been very busy today and will check back tomorrow.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 12:07:45 AM

Morning, all.

Congrats on finishing, Tee Gee.

We Us IndiaMikeZulu folk find ourselves considering Dnotes as our sorta 'reserve currency,' in some preference to Bitcoin.

Tee Gee and I should soon be puddlin' around with some ideas on our Guild. And I delight to put up a little content at Cryptomoms.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 12:35:47 AM

Morning, all.

Congrats on finishing, Tee Gee.

We Us IndiaMikeZulu folk find ourselves considering Dnotes as our sorta 'reserve currency,' in some preference to Bitcoin.

Tee Gee and I should soon be puddlin' around with some ideas on our Guild. And I delight to put up a little content at Cryptomoms.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia

Thank you Mark, we appreciate your support. Your help and input has been invaluable to us and CryptoMoms!

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 03:52:07 AM

Spontaneous Essay-ette

Heywood is the only reformist academic I have ever heard state openly that politicians don’t do what their electors want them to. They do what they think is appropriate.

This, though, is only the situation in the very best of cases.

In many most nations, the government is anything but an instrument of the people.

The mode of behavior I want to point out to readers here is one that you all comprehend viscerally, but which I will state theoretically, and do so using examples from the time I ran a business in Indonesia, a spectacularly corrupt and authoritarian nation:

once you’ve begun the processes of setting up a business in Jakarta, two things become apparent. The first is that the number and type of regulations make the completion of the process impossible if that is the whim of the public servants in question.

The second is similar: the endlessly-complicated processes exist in order that ‘bottlenecks’ at which bribes are paid can be maintained.

[There was an infamous case in which one of the Periodic Grand Anti-Corruption Drives cleaned one ‘string’ of Departments up a little. The response of the kleptocrats was to invent an entire Department that served no purpose other than to extort citizens.
Famously, a journalist ‘interviewed’ the luxury cars in the car park of the building (‘So, you’re a very expensive car. How did your public-servant owner possibly afford you?’). The office of the magazine was attacked by masked thugs who bashed the journalists at their desks.]

What we’re seeing in the U.S. case is a lesser form of the first thing. That is, the legal processes can’t be outflanked by slippin’ a guy some baksheesh. Rather, the processes are what educators call ‘passive aggressive’: you do something (strangle the crypto babe in its cradle) by doing ‘nothing’ (not banning cryptos, just regulating them).

Any business person recognizes the return-on-investment paradox here. In principle, ya might give these cryptos a whirl. If the paperwork were three pages long, you’d have second thoughts. If the paperwork were thirty-three pages long, you'd intuit that you are in the same situation as a motorist pulled up by A Certain Type of Police Officer: it doesn’t matter how honest you are, the point is that the state can use its power to find something to charge you with.

In the Australian Military Forces, there exists – contrary to any notion of ‘natural justice’ – the charge of ‘conduct to the prejudice of good military order and discipline.’ What is ‘c.t.t.p.o.g.m.o.a.d.’?

It’s anything at all that a corporal who dislikes you wants it to be!

Nil carborundum illegitimi!
Pages: « 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: