Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 08:36:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 [355] 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 09:52:41 PM

Excellent article. Good to know that even local and state governments are beginning to see the immense value of the technology. A trusted global digital currency for every worldwide to participate has immense value for humanity. We are very passionate in our mission to accomplish that ultimate goal.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 10:30:59 PM

Excellent article. Good to know that even local and state governments are beginning to see the immense value of the technology. A trusted global digital currency for every worldwide to participate has immense value for humanity. We are very passionate in our mission to accomplish that ultimate goal.

I agree, it is an excellent article and perfect for DCEBrief.  Great choice for the picture - it is breathtaking!  Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2015, 11:05:26 PM

I agree, it is an excellent article and perfect for DCEBrief.  Great choice for the picture - it is breathtaking!  Smiley

Hartford Connecticut, beautiful city.

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 12:09:17 AM

Answer: DNotes (hands down!) Wink

Which Cryptocurrency Should You Invest In?

After the rise of bitcoin a few years back, a number of other cryptocurrency versions have popped up, each promising to have better or more features than the rest. These days you have bitcoin, litecoin, darkcoin, dogecoin, and many others to choose from. Which one should you invest in?

Trading or investing in cryptocurrency markets has been appealing mostly for the high potential return-on-investment due to the inherent volatility. Of course this also comes with higher risks, which is why it’s important to figure out which market is best to invest in.

Cryptocurrency Factors
One of the biggest factors involved in choosing which cryptocurrency to invest in is its stability. It has been relatively easy to create various versions of altcoins these days, although some haven’t lasted much long due to a small market or weaknesses in the development process itself. Take note that prominent cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin and litecoin have been created by a dedicated and active team of developers mostly through SHA-256 and Scrypt.

Keep in mind though that, despite the large network and it’s time in existence, bitcoin has still been encountering roadblocks here and there. In particular, the block size debate has led to the creation of a hard fork in the system, resulting to two different versions of the software and blockchain. This could expose more weaknesses down the line, forcing some traders to divest from this market recently.

Another important factor to consider is how the developers of the cryptocurrency provide support or interact with the community. A more transparent community engagement fosters stronger trust in the network, which could be the key for stronger prominence and more gains in value.

Lastly, despite most cryptocurrencies being decentralized and its transactions anonymous, it also helps to see a bit of transparency in the industry. Knowing who exactly is accountable for any creations or changes in the system also enhances reliability and investment value.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/09/07/which-cryptocurrency-should-you-invest-in/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

matatyau-cohen

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 07:23:36 AM

Thanks for your comment Alan. I throw my ideas to this Discussion arena for main projects that might bring to DNOTES further character and media spot. this is not to be the end of talks but the begining of a common thinking process. that is the nature of my ideas till now:--- EGE (earth global economy), a global  association of the (all main) digital currencies leaders, Global New Economy, a Daily newspaper focusing on the new global economy, tech, society, politics etc of the new era of the digital currencies, COMMUNITY DONATION of DNOTES to main aims - for example now: the Exodus of mass refugees to Europe.

Hello friends,

I have an idea: let's raise among our community--- DNOTES donation--- to the refugees that streaming to Europe out of  the destruction and combat fields. we can deliver this ---DNOTES donation--- to one of the assistance org on behalf our community and leading team name. this will light DNOTES's social feature and in addition might bring us some media spot. if this idea accepted, we can ask our each community's friend/member to contribute their part - collect it - and deliver. what is your opinion?

This article pre-dates the 2008-09 financial crisis and the dawn of bitcoin, but it gives you something to think about now that we are beginning the age of global digital currencies.  I don't think a single worldwide currency will ever happen or is even a good idea, but I do think having the option of a global currency like DNotes is the best idea.

I haven't looked very far to see what the author thinks of bitcoin now, but he did make the usual comments (an article from 2013) about bitcoin's lack of trust, volatility, gambling, speculation, etc.

A Single Global Currency

"...US$400 billion of annual transaction and exchange costs will be eliminated"  - The Single Global Currency (book)

"The book also argues that if we had a single global currency, worldwide assets would increase by about $36 trillion"

The article goes on to explain how a single currency would help eliminate global imbalances, crises and speculation, etc.

http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/58347.html
Here is my take. A single global currency is a bad idea and will not likely to happen. It will be way “too big to fail” and there is no conceivable scenario for the world population to allow that to happen.

A trusted global digital currency as an alternative to existing fiat currencies that is available for everyone worldwide to participate is a very different mission with starkly different ultimate goals. It is designed to be a choice for the world population to have an alternative, almost as an insurance policy, if 1) their own sovereign currency failed or devalued drastically due to bad governance or economic conditions beyond their control or whatever the case may be, 2) as a medium of exchange to conduct global commerce between two parties with nearly zero transaction cost anywhere worldwide, and 3) as an opportunity for anyone worldwide to participate for potentially high risk/high returns even with small regular savings for millions who normally have little left that is sufficiently meaningful to save.

Informed scholars and common reasonable people will agree that fiat currencies have always been abused by governments and political leadership around the world. It is not a new phenomenon. It has always been that way and will continue to be so. The open debate will be the intensity. It can get worse and it can get better. As a whole, on a global scale, it is more likely than not to get worse as political leaders continue to make more promises of hand-outs with the full knowledge of governments’ inability to fulfill the immense financial burdens accumulated over generations of irresponsible political leaderships.  

Yes, a single world currency would be the ultimate in "too big to fail", and I'm sure we all agree, it's a bad idea.  My interest in this story came from the fact that it pre-dates bitcoin and was wondering if the views of both authors would be different if there had been viable global digital currencies at the time.  Governments will never give up control of their fiat currency, but a stable, trusted global digital currency could help with some of problems the authors are claiming a single world currency could fix.

If I ever find some spare time, I would also like to read the book just to hear the author's view and see how digital currency might change it.

That could be an interesting book to read. The fact that it pre-dates Bitcoin makes it even more  impressive. When we are ready to write a book on how much money could be saved in global commerce if DNotes gained mass acceptance worldwide, that figure will be many times larger than the US$400 billion. It is ironic, that we are actually designing the necessary building blocks to make that happen. Moreover, quite a few of those building blocks have already been laid. Frankly, there are not too many original ideas anymore. They evolve, refined and get better.

Great idea, Mati. May be just a little too soon. Perhaps in another year or two we will be launching CRISP For Charity, at which time we will be very interested in playing an active role in global relief situations. We are very disciplined in any commitment we made and must be certain that we are not just getting  something done with good intention but at the right time. Now that I have developed a fairly solid network, I am actively working with many potential partners. Charities of such scale is best to be done with strategic partners already with the necessary ground game in play.

I have been around in this challenging business world for a long time and have learned early enough that it is not so much how many things we get to do but how well those projects will work our. Our limited  resources will soon focus on promoting CryptoMoms, DCEBrief, DNotesVault and our family of CRISPs. We are actively seeking strategic partnership, including many women organizations.  
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 11:36:03 AM

Thanks for your comment Alan. I throw my ideas to this Discussion arena for main projects that might bring to DNOTES further character and media spot. this is not to be the end of talks but the begining of a common thinking process. that is the nature of my ideas till now:--- EGE (earth global economy), a global  association of the (all main) digital currencies leaders, Global New Economy, a Daily newspaper focusing on the new global economy, tech, society, politics etc of the new era of the digital currencies, COMMUNITY DONATION of DNOTES to main aims - for example now: the Exodus of mass refugees to Europe.

Hello friends,

I have an idea: let's raise among our community--- DNOTES donation--- to the refugees that streaming to Europe out of  the destruction and combat fields. we can deliver this ---DNOTES donation--- to one of the assistance org on behalf our community and leading team name. this will light DNOTES's social feature and in addition might bring us some media spot. if this idea accepted, we can ask our each community's friend/member to contribute their part - collect it - and deliver. what is your opinion?

This article pre-dates the 2008-09 financial crisis and the dawn of bitcoin, but it gives you something to think about now that we are beginning the age of global digital currencies.  I don't think a single worldwide currency will ever happen or is even a good idea, but I do think having the option of a global currency like DNotes is the best idea.

I haven't looked very far to see what the author thinks of bitcoin now, but he did make the usual comments (an article from 2013) about bitcoin's lack of trust, volatility, gambling, speculation, etc.

A Single Global Currency

"...US$400 billion of annual transaction and exchange costs will be eliminated"  - The Single Global Currency (book)

"The book also argues that if we had a single global currency, worldwide assets would increase by about $36 trillion"

The article goes on to explain how a single currency would help eliminate global imbalances, crises and speculation, etc.

http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/58347.html
Here is my take. A single global currency is a bad idea and will not likely to happen. It will be way “too big to fail” and there is no conceivable scenario for the world population to allow that to happen.

A trusted global digital currency as an alternative to existing fiat currencies that is available for everyone worldwide to participate is a very different mission with starkly different ultimate goals. It is designed to be a choice for the world population to have an alternative, almost as an insurance policy, if 1) their own sovereign currency failed or devalued drastically due to bad governance or economic conditions beyond their control or whatever the case may be, 2) as a medium of exchange to conduct global commerce between two parties with nearly zero transaction cost anywhere worldwide, and 3) as an opportunity for anyone worldwide to participate for potentially high risk/high returns even with small regular savings for millions who normally have little left that is sufficiently meaningful to save.

Informed scholars and common reasonable people will agree that fiat currencies have always been abused by governments and political leadership around the world. It is not a new phenomenon. It has always been that way and will continue to be so. The open debate will be the intensity. It can get worse and it can get better. As a whole, on a global scale, it is more likely than not to get worse as political leaders continue to make more promises of hand-outs with the full knowledge of governments’ inability to fulfill the immense financial burdens accumulated over generations of irresponsible political leaderships.  

Yes, a single world currency would be the ultimate in "too big to fail", and I'm sure we all agree, it's a bad idea.  My interest in this story came from the fact that it pre-dates bitcoin and was wondering if the views of both authors would be different if there had been viable global digital currencies at the time.  Governments will never give up control of their fiat currency, but a stable, trusted global digital currency could help with some of problems the authors are claiming a single world currency could fix.

If I ever find some spare time, I would also like to read the book just to hear the author's view and see how digital currency might change it.

That could be an interesting book to read. The fact that it pre-dates Bitcoin makes it even more  impressive. When we are ready to write a book on how much money could be saved in global commerce if DNotes gained mass acceptance worldwide, that figure will be many times larger than the US$400 billion. It is ironic, that we are actually designing the necessary building blocks to make that happen. Moreover, quite a few of those building blocks have already been laid. Frankly, there are not too many original ideas anymore. They evolve, refined and get better.

Great idea, Mati. May be just a little too soon. Perhaps in another year or two we will be launching CRISP For Charity, at which time we will be very interested in playing an active role in global relief situations. We are very disciplined in any commitment we made and must be certain that we are not just getting  something done with good intention but at the right time. Now that I have developed a fairly solid network, I am actively working with many potential partners. Charities of such scale is best to be done with strategic partners already with the necessary ground game in play.

I have been around in this challenging business world for a long time and have learned early enough that it is not so much how many things we get to do but how well those projects will work our. Our limited  resources will soon focus on promoting CryptoMoms, DCEBrief, DNotesVault and our family of CRISPs. We are actively seeking strategic partnership, including many women organizations.  

I agree, Mati. DNotes is innovative and pro-active, as best reflected in what we have accomplished in just one and one half years. Being able to think ahead and continuously come up with great ideas as to what else we could be doing in order to accomplish or mission and overall objectives is a very good thing. We certainly encourage that. Keep up the good work. Thanks.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 11:56:16 AM

Answer: DNotes (hands down!) Wink

Which Cryptocurrency Should You Invest In?

After the rise of bitcoin a few years back, a number of other cryptocurrency versions have popped up, each promising to have better or more features than the rest. These days you have bitcoin, litecoin, darkcoin, dogecoin, and many others to choose from. Which one should you invest in?

Trading or investing in cryptocurrency markets has been appealing mostly for the high potential return-on-investment due to the inherent volatility. Of course this also comes with higher risks, which is why it’s important to figure out which market is best to invest in.

Cryptocurrency Factors
One of the biggest factors involved in choosing which cryptocurrency to invest in is its stability. It has been relatively easy to create various versions of altcoins these days, although some haven’t lasted much long due to a small market or weaknesses in the development process itself. Take note that prominent cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin and litecoin have been created by a dedicated and active team of developers mostly through SHA-256 and Scrypt.

Keep in mind though that, despite the large network and it’s time in existence, bitcoin has still been encountering roadblocks here and there. In particular, the block size debate has led to the creation of a hard fork in the system, resulting to two different versions of the software and blockchain. This could expose more weaknesses down the line, forcing some traders to divest from this market recently.

Another important factor to consider is how the developers of the cryptocurrency provide support or interact with the community. A more transparent community engagement fosters stronger trust in the network, which could be the key for stronger prominence and more gains in value.

Lastly, despite most cryptocurrencies being decentralized and its transactions anonymous, it also helps to see a bit of transparency in the industry. Knowing who exactly is accountable for any creations or changes in the system also enhances reliability and investment value.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/09/07/which-cryptocurrency-should-you-invest-in/

This article is too brief and limited in scope. Investing in infrastructure is like building the foundation of a nice house. DNotes is still heavily investing in foundation building because of its long term commitment to be a trusted global digital currency for everyone worldwide to participate. Others may not care for much of a foundation and already have a pretty house to show for. We are all creating something of value, but our philosophy and time prospective may be noticeably different. That may be another investment consideration.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 04:01:43 PM

Two more popular sites, Visual Strategy Magazine and Consumer Electronics Net.

http://www.virtual-strategy.com/2015/09/02/bitcoin-alternative-dnotes-launches-dcebriefcom-digital-currency-executive-brief-news-por#axzz3kqg4wuTy

http://www.consumerelectronicsnet.com/article/Bitcoin-Alternative-DNotes-Launches-DCEBriefcom-Digital-Currency-Executive-Brief-News-Portal-4050860

KristinaHD

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:12:00 PM

Happy Tuesday everyone! Just wanted to say how much I appreciate this forum. It has been a necessary tool for learning the way digital currency works. YouTube has also been surprisingly helpful. Looking forward to better understanding every day. Cheesy
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 04:21:59 PM

Happy Tuesday everyone! Just wanted to say how much I appreciate this forum. It has been a necessary tool for learning the way digital currency works. YouTube has also been surprisingly helpful. Looking forward to better understanding every day. Cheesy

You too Kris! That is great, glad you are picking up a lot. If you happen to find any good videos to share, we have a thread on CryptoMoms for it:
http://cryptomoms.com/forum/general-discussion/9/cryptocurrency-video-thread/110/
If you haven't seen it already.

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 08:00:00 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2015, 02:36:49 AM by Chase

Happy Tuesday to you too! Grin

You will be an expert in no time.  I have learned so much in the last two years and still learning every day.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  

If you find anything that is a stumbling block or not explained well, please let us know so we can provide better instructions.   Smiley

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 11:25:05 PM

http://dcebrief.com/crouching-tiger-hidden-intentions-deciphering-chinese-regulations-on-cryptocurrencies/

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 02:17:38 AM

Another very impressive article.  Love the title!

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 02:57:38 AM

Great article and very clever title.

DCEBrief launch has gone very well with excellent press coverage. We are expecting even more to come.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 02:24:20 PM

http://www.moneysedge.com/newsimage?id=451

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 04:03:37 PM

A couple updates on DCEBrief:

Added a few new pages - Policies, About, Meet the Team, etc... Links are at the bottom of the page.

Working on some DCEBrief promotions.

-Submitted to news aggregates (Google, Bing, Yahoo, News360).
-Created social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook).
     https://twitter.com/DCEBrief
     https://www.facebook.com/DCEBrief (Still working on facebook page)
-Working on creating a site widget that one could add to their site to display DCEBrief content
-Thinking about adding a policy that will allow people to use our content with proper attribution.

What else can we do to promote the site?

HORT

Activity: 508
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 06:49:19 PM

Added a few new pages - Policies, About, Meet the Team, etc... Links are at the bottom of the page.

-Working on creating a site widget that one could add to their site to display DCEBrief content
-Thinking about adding a policy that will allow people to use our content with proper attribution.

Excellent work! The site looks fantastic to say the least. I like the new page additions.

As for ideas can we setup a system for contributors to earn DNotes or articles that are submitted can be "Liked" and once they have like 50 likes then that author earns 50 DNotes???

Feedback on articles, posts on CryptoMoms, Facebook, and Twitter in relation to DCEBrief receive DNotes?

I like your idea of a Widget. Maybe a ticker like Widget that runs the articles across the bottom of your screen like the Coin Telegraph one at the top of CMC?

Just a few ideas.

kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 07:13:32 PM

Great article and very clever title.

DCEBrief launch has gone very well with excellent press coverage. We are expecting even more to come.

I agree, love the article and the title.
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 07:14:53 PM

Is it possible to syndicate the content?
KristinaHD

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 08:14:07 PM

What about an app? Almost everyone that I've talked to about DNotes asks about an app. I think it's important to have one for both android and apple.
Pages: « 1 ... 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 [355] 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: