Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:51:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 [449] 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 08:34:37 PM

If anyone knows of, or comes across any really good (and positive) cryptocurrency related SHORT quotes, can you please post them here or at CryptoMoms. Including the author info they need to be under the Twitter limit of 140 characters. Even a partial quote will do if it gets the message across. Thanks! Smiley

Just thought of something...  We can start quoting our authors at DCEBrief!!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 08:36:35 PM

#3 is what I was most worried about, but if precautions can be taken to avoid that I'm in. I'll donate .025 Bitcoin toward purchasing a trade bot for the DNotes community (if anyone else is interested).

I will contribute as well.

No contributions needed whatsoever for it. I just need your ideas on the trading strategy.

Is it possible to program it to bid X% inside each bollinger band? My other suggestion is cues to buy and sell when the price moves X% up or down in a specific timeframe.

I'm not an experienced trader by any means, more of a "cowboy" who got lucky early on, so please disregard if this doesn't make sense.

Good good. Makes perfect sense. I haven't explored the math behind bollinger bands, but I'm positive it's possible, especially if we use more simplified techniques.

Your second one targets market stabilization? And assumes you have an amount of DNotes and Bitcoin available? Which only trades when a swing occurs?

Keep them coming.

Exactly what I was thinking on the second one.

I did some quick research and the outer bollinger bands are 2 "standard deviations" away from the middle bollinger band (which is simply the moving average). Standard deviation is calculated by following these steps:
1. Calculate the average (mean) price for the number of periods or observations.
2. Determine each period's deviation (close less average price).
3. Square each period's deviation.
4. Sum the squared deviations.
5. Divide this sum by the number of observations.
6. The standard deviation is then equal to the square root of that number.

For more information about calculating standard deviation, including examples, visit: http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:technical_indicators:standard_deviation_volatility

Thank you for that.

The game plan would be to have a small light weight bot for each strategy. You would have a separate exchange account assigned to your bot. This would make it easy to run multiple strategies on multiple accounts.

So far the ideas for bots are (I will elaborate on features and options later):
Hold the Line - Ensures there is always a buy order with a given price range.
Market Stabilizer - Watches the market for swings in price and reacts to it to stabilize the market. (Without trying to hinder market growth*)
Accumulator - Slowly buys and competes at the best market price.
Bollinger Bands - bid X% inside each bollinger band.
Profit Model Accumulator - Buys low and sells higher with the intention of accumulating DNotes through small profit trades.

Feel free to throw out more ideas, strategies, and discuss what we have so far.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 09:41:30 PM

I am also interested in such a bot that trades for mutual benefit of all stakeholders that want to see this coin succeed.

Interested as well. Would need to be configurable by the user so we could choose our level of risk and aggressiveness. A well designed bot can be beneficial to user and coin. I think it should be designed to slowly increase the value of DNotes rather than directly enrich the user. That will come as the overall value increases.

That is the objective. If we can keep the market more active and our "friendly" bot can make a few extra DNotes to grow the account than it is worth the effort. It sounds simple; to buy low and sell it a little higher. In practice it will work well on up trends but not so well on a down draft. In any case, I have given Joe the green light to go ahead with it.

I am very confident that DNotes price will recover before long. I just finished writing the first draft of the last chapter of my book and will start working on the Smokeys Daylily Gardens Story and the DNotes Story as attachments to the book. It is looking good and I will be reaching out for editing help in a week or two. The book will be published in late March with a dedicated website. It will be a revenue generator for the new company. I am very excited about it. It will be very helpful for many small business owners and startups.

DNotes is a very large scale global project involving an immensely innovative technology. We are blessed to have the vision to see way beyond the horizon of five, ten, twenty years from now and have been positioning our strategic plans accordingly. At the beginning, it was easier for a smaller group of investors to understand what we were trying to accomplish and do differently. As our ecosystem continued to grow and become more complex, it is harder for others to buy in what we are trying to accomplish. Essentially, at this time, there are more DNotes for sale than investors interested to buy.  Eventually they will get it. Once that happen, there will be more people wanting to buy DNotes than available for sale. The price of DNotes will adjust upward until it reaches the next equilibrium.

We seem to have forgotten the powerful combination of our family of CRISPs and DNotesVault. Two dynamics could play out in a significant manner this year. The book will reach a very large number of small business owners and startups. That will give us "a foot in the door" to many small business owners and their employees, whose retirements are underfunded or non-existence.

Additionally, China's economy and its currency are going through significant adjustments. Many Chinese investors have been grabbing up Bitcoin and altcoins, irrespective of investment quality. As expected, there will be a lot of P & Ds. In fact, it is already happening.

Although, we did not plan to expand to the Chinese market till later this year, we are now making some serious efforts to contact the Chinese exchanges that trade altcoins. Frankly, the CRISPs and DNotesVault combination is the perfect package for Chinese investors to acquire DNotes in Chinese Yuan and have the DNotes safely stored in cold storage in the US. I believe that DNotes will be a big hit once it becomes available in China. May be later this year we will begin to listen in to conversation at cocktail parties, "I could have bought 100 K DNotes at 950 satoshi each, and now it is trading at ten times that", or "I shouldn't have sold mine for $1 K. It is now worth over $10 K" Such is life. I sold a large number of Priceline at $1 when the Internet bubble busted. Priceline is currently traded at over 1K per share.

"It is looking good and I will be reaching out for editing help in a week or two."  If you need it, my editing is always free. Wink

Wow - DNotes entering the Chinese market - that is exciting news!!!

Thank you very much Chase. Your editing help will be very much appreciated.

The Chinese market will be very interesting, though the coming Chinese New Year (Feb. 7) may hold things up. CRISP is perfect for Chinese investors. This is what I wrote in an earlier email: " We are excited that DNotes’ family of savings accounts may have great appeal to Chinese investors interested in asset protection and long term appreciation. Known as CRISP (Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan) the savings are designed for children, students, employees, and for retirement. The retirement savings pay as much as 12% and the funds are stored in cold storage in the United States. It is very easy to open an account and the funds are guaranteed with 100% protection with matching funds verifiable through the Blockchain. This is an ideal opportunity for Chinese investors."
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 03:18:38 AM

484: http://cryptomoms.com/forum/cryptomoms-com/5/crypto-kindergarten/537/480
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 03:46:11 AM

Great post Mark, I agree on the P2P trading if it can be done safely with trusted members. I would recommend working with IMZ if anyone is interested in P2P trading.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 03:40:18 PM

Blockchain Weekly Recap 1-30-2016

Goldman Sachs Podcast Extols Blockchain Ability to Drive Change.
New Details on R3 Distributed Ledger Bank Experiment.
Blockchain Capital Startup Fund Sealed with $13 Million Raised.
Japan’s BitFlyer Creates Blockchain Startup Fund.
Republican Congressman Scheduled to Address March Blockchain Summit in DC.

http://dcebrief.com/blockchain-weekly-recap-1-30-2016/

kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 04:55:53 PM

FYI - Received this reply on the payservices thread. This would give DNotes a pathway to become an everyday usage currency. Ultimately I would like to see merchants accept DNotes directly, without any conversion needed, but I realize that may not happen for some time. This will be a good intermediate solution.

Looks very interesting. If I have your card, and DNotes in my account, would I be able to purchase something from the store in fiat and it automatically do the conversion for me?

Ultimately you will be able to do as you have described.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 05:31:54 PM

If anyone knows of, or comes across any really good (and positive) cryptocurrency related SHORT quotes, can you please post them here or at CryptoMoms. Including the author info they need to be under the Twitter limit of 140 characters. Even a partial quote will do if it gets the message across. Thanks! Smiley

Just thought of something...  We can start quoting our authors at DCEBrief!!

Agreed, DCEBrief will be a great source for this. Here is one I ran across that caught my attention.

Do people buy drugs with bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies? Yep! That’s because it is money.
http://www.coindesk.com/dont-listen-mainstream-media-bitcoin-blockchain/

A bit difficult to find them in under 140 characters though.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 09:35:54 PM

The First Large Scale Bitcoin Users’ Survey – 22% of Users Have Lost Money To Security Breaches or Self-Induced Errors. We knew it wasn't easy and user friendly to use the wallets and secure them properly, but I didn't expect almost 25% of people would have lost their coins to it.

"A group of researchers from Austria, have presented a large scale bitcoin users’ survey, to examine how users evaluate the bitcoin ecosystem regarding anonymity, security and privacy. The researchers surveyed 990 bitcoin users, of whom around 22% lost part of their funds to security breaches and/or unintentional self-induced errors."

I'm assuming that doesn't include losses due to exchange issues or problems at third parties.

I know many of you would like to see people be their own bank, and I agree, I would like to see that as well. However, it does require a deep technical knowledge that even following guides and doing some research wouldn't protect users enough in my mind. I would much rather see people using the DNotesVault or some form of insured service.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 10:13:33 PM

The First Large Scale Bitcoin Users’ Survey – 22% of Users Have Lost Money To Security Breaches or Self-Induced Errors. We knew it wasn't easy and user friendly to use the wallets and secure them properly, but I didn't expect almost 25% of people would have lost their coins to it.

"A group of researchers from Austria, have presented a large scale bitcoin users’ survey, to examine how users evaluate the bitcoin ecosystem regarding anonymity, security and privacy. The researchers surveyed 990 bitcoin users, of whom around 22% lost part of their funds to security breaches and/or unintentional self-induced errors."

I'm assuming that doesn't include losses due to exchange issues or problems at third parties.

I know many of you would like to see people be their own bank, and I agree, I would like to see that as well. However, it does require a deep technical knowledge that even following guides and doing some research wouldn't protect users enough in my mind. I would much rather see people using the DNotesVault or some form of insured service.

I would be shocked if the 22% did not include Bitcoin losses due to exchange issues or problems at third parties. If the survey included all cryptocurrencies, that percentage is likely to be significantly higher. This is a major hurdle our industry must overcome before mass acceptance is possible. We recognized the severity of the problem and launched DNotesVault as an important part of the solution. Loosing coins through the exchange is a serious problem. I am certain that, as a group, we have lost over two million DNotes due to various issues with CryptoRush, MintPal, Allcoin, and Cryptsy.

Bergman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 10:14:25 PM

That is a rather high rate of loss with the risk of turning people away from crypto by having a negative experience. A hardware based vault makes the most sense to me, I guess you need to trust the issuing company even in the case of hardware wallets.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 11:04:40 PM

Morning, Bergman. Although IndiaMikeZulu are only hobbyists -- so, tee hee, we don't have a lot to lose -- we've taken very seriously the development of a security protocol that includes a 'sub-protocol' on 'exchange-risk exposure.'

And here I'd like to add a note about our clunky P2P approach to cryptos:

security is a primary hurdle to adoption, and cryptos are far far more satisfying to use if you have someone knowledgeable at your elbow. So:

find a merchant who'll give Dnotes a whirl; undertake to mentor them for free; distribute flyers; set up a stall at a market; buy stuff from that merchant; show others how to buy stuff from that merchant; undertake to buy and sell Dnotes for cryptos or bullion from all involved* -- and in the middle of it all, show all involved how to trade on exchanges (which gives volume!) and how to secure their crypto holdings.

You guys are free to PM me with questions about it.

*At least for a coupla months, 'til Dnotes becomes the global reserve currency . . .
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 12:07:15 AM

Just thought of something...  We can start quoting our authors at DCEBrief!!

Agreed, DCEBrief will be a great source for this. Here is one I ran across that caught my attention.

Do people buy drugs with bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies? Yep! That’s because it is money.
http://www.coindesk.com/dont-listen-mainstream-media-bitcoin-blockchain/

A bit difficult to find them in under 140 characters though.

A bit difficult to find them in under 140 characters though. Is it ever!!

I'm looking for ones that are suitable for people that have never heard of cryptocurrency (including kids), so I'll have to pass on the drugs quote (lol), but thank you anyway.  Grin

I am going to start with this one, since I am focusing on kids this week:

"It will be up to younger generations to further implement cryptocurrency into modern society." -Nick Marinoff @DCEBrief

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 01:41:15 AM

The game plan would be to have a small light weight bot for each strategy. You would have a separate exchange account assigned to your bot. This would make it easy to run multiple strategies on multiple accounts.

Market Stabilizer - Watches the market for swings in price and reacts to it to stabilize the market. (Without trying to hinder market growth*)
Profit Model Accumulator - Buys low and sells higher with the intention of accumulating DNotes through small profit trades.

I'll start with features and options for the Accumulator:
-Enter API key and Secret, w/Encrypted Save.
-Option to purchase DNotes using a percentage of the available Bitcoin in the account per day.
-Option to purchase DNotes using a set amount of Bitcoin daily.
-Option to set the maximum DNotes purchasing price
-Option to set the purchase order within x amount of DNotes, of the highest bid.
-Option to save settings.
The bot would calculate how much to purchase over the course of the day, and increase the buy amount if it is not within target parameters.

Let me know if that sounds like the options you would want in this bot?

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 02:58:24 PM

Digital Currency Weekly Recap 1-31-2016

EU Holds Off on Digital Currency Regulation… For Now.
Coin of View to Offer Info on Top 300 Cryptocurrencies.
IOTA to Enter Beta Phase.

http://dcebrief.com/digital-currency-weekly-recap-1-31-2016/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 04:41:27 PM

Just got off the phone with Alan, he is very focused on the book today and we may not see him on the forum till later.

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 04:46:39 PM

-Option to purchase DNotes using a percentage of the available Bitcoin in the account per day.
-Option to set the purchase order within x amount of DNotes, of the highest bid.
The bot would calculate how much to purchase over the course of the day, and increase the buy amount if it is not within target parameters.

Sounds great, but I have never used a bot before and have a couple of questions.

After I enter the max amount of bitcoin I want to spend or the number of DNotes I wish to buy, the bot will buy and sell(?) with the target of me accumulating my set amount of DNotes??

If I wanted to add extra support on the price floor, could I set up 2 accumulators? One would be set at a regular range and another set at a tighter lower range?

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 05:19:09 PM

Sounds great, but I have never used a bot before and have a couple of questions.

After I enter the max amount of bitcoin I want to spend or the number of DNotes I wish to buy, the bot will buy and sell(?) with the target of me accumulating my set amount of DNotes??

If I wanted to add extra support on the price floor, could I set up 2 accumulators? One would be set at a regular range and another set at a tighter lower range?

This one wouldn't sell DNotes, just try to buy them at the best price while supporting the market.

You could absolutely run two accumulators, they would have to run on two separate exchange accounts. To add floor support, running 1 accumulator, and 1 hold the line might be a better option. I will submit the options for the Hold the Line one today to see if that would fit into the strategy you are talking about.

Your questions made me realize something, we may want to make sure the bot doesn't move into the range of the sell orders. Another option could be to have a price limit within x DNotes of the lowest sell order.

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 08:07:10 PM

This is a pretty interesting article on the current inefficiencies in global trade and how much can be saved by implementing blockchain technology.

Skuchain: Here's how blockchain will save global trade a trillion dollars

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/skuchain-heres-how-blockchain-will-save-global-trade-trillion-dollars-1540618

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 09:10:24 PM

This is a pretty interesting article on the current inefficiencies in global trade and how much can be saved by implementing blockchain technology.

Skuchain: Here's how blockchain will save global trade a trillion dollars

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/skuchain-heres-how-blockchain-will-save-global-trade-trillion-dollars-1540618

The Headline of "a trillion dollars' savings sounds sensational. It will take more than just the Blockchain. A digital currency, back by a trusted party like DNotes, offering a full array of financial and banking services is the right solution to an out-dated LC facilities in global commerce. I had wanted to write an article about it for sometime.
Pages: « 1 ... 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 [449] 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: