Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:39:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 [450] 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 09:15:23 PM

The game plan would be to have a small light weight bot for each strategy. You would have a separate exchange account assigned to your bot. This would make it easy to run multiple strategies on multiple accounts.

So far the ideas for bots are (I will elaborate on features and options later):
Hold the Line - Ensures there is always a buy order with a given price range.
Market Stabilizer - Watches the market for swings in price and reacts to it to stabilize the market. (Without trying to hinder market growth*)
Accumulator - Slowly buys and competes at the best market price.
Bollinger Bands - bid X% inside each bollinger band.
Profit Model Accumulator - Buys low and sells higher with the intention of accumulating DNotes through small profit trades.

Feel free to throw out more ideas, strategies, and discuss what we have so far.

I'll start with features and options for the Accumulator:
-Enter API key and Secret, w/Encrypted Save.
-Option to purchase DNotes using a percentage of the available Bitcoin in the account per day.
-Option to purchase DNotes using a set amount of Bitcoin daily.
-Option to set the maximum DNotes purchasing price
-Option to set the purchase order within x amount of DNotes, of the highest bid.
-Option to save settings.
The bot would calculate how much to purchase over the course of the day, and increase the buy amount if it is not within target parameters.

Let me know if that sounds like the options you would want in this bot?

Sounds great, but I have never used a bot before and have a couple of questions.

After I enter the max amount of bitcoin I want to spend or the number of DNotes I wish to buy, the bot will buy and sell(?) with the target of me accumulating my set amount of DNotes??

If I wanted to add extra support on the price floor, could I set up 2 accumulators? One would be set at a regular range and another set at a tighter lower range?

This one wouldn't sell DNotes, just try to buy them at the best price while supporting the market.

You could absolutely run two accumulators, they would have to run on two separate exchange accounts. To add floor support, running 1 accumulator, and 1 hold the line might be a better option. I will submit the options for the Hold the Line one today to see if that would fit into the strategy you are talking about.

Your questions made me realize something, we may want to make sure the bot doesn't move into the range of the sell orders. Another option could be to have a price limit within x DNotes of the lowest sell order.

Does this look like it makes sense? Especially in the wording.
The bot buying functionality isn't built in yet. It just retrieves data so far.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 09:48:28 PM

The game plan would be to have a small light weight bot for each strategy. You would have a separate exchange account assigned to your bot. This would make it easy to run multiple strategies on multiple accounts.

Market Stabilizer - Watches the market for swings in price and reacts to it to stabilize the market. (Without trying to hinder market growth*)
Profit Model Accumulator - Buys low and sells higher with the intention of accumulating DNotes through small profit trades.

-Option to purchase DNotes using a percentage of the available Bitcoin in the account per day.
-Option to set the purchase order within x amount of DNotes, of the highest bid.
The bot would calculate how much to purchase over the course of the day, and increase the buy amount if it is not within target parameters.

Sounds great, but I have never used a bot before and have a couple of questions.

After I enter the max amount of bitcoin I want to spend or the number of DNotes I wish to buy, the bot will buy and sell(?) with the target of me accumulating my set amount of DNotes??

If I wanted to add extra support on the price floor, could I set up 2 accumulators? One would be set at a regular range and another set at a tighter lower range?

This one wouldn't sell DNotes, just try to buy them at the best price while supporting the market.

You could absolutely run two accumulators, they would have to run on two separate exchange accounts. To add floor support, running 1 accumulator, and 1 hold the line might be a better option. I will submit the options for the Hold the Line one today to see if that would fit into the strategy you are talking about.

Your questions made me realize something, we may want to make sure the bot doesn't move into the range of the sell orders. Another option could be to have a price limit within x DNotes of the lowest sell order.

I think I get it.  Even though I'm willing to pay up to .00001500 per DNote, because the market sell price is at .00001057, a buy will not be triggered above .00001047.  If there was a higher sell price with the market buy price at .00001043, a buy would not be triggered over .00001053.     The open buy order at .00001000 is the support floor I want to add for DNotes.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Bergman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 10:25:30 PM

How will it calculate when to put up a purchase order and for how much?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 10:34:23 PM

I think I get it.  Even though I'm willing to pay up to .00001500 per DNote, because the market sell price is at .00001057, a buy will not be triggered above .00001047.  If there was a higher sell price with the market buy price at .00001043, a buy would not be triggered over .00001053.     The open buy order at .00001000 is the support floor I want to add for DNotes.

Yep that is pretty much it. I'll add a backstop function to this as it will be the first of the bots.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 10:41:56 PM

How will it calculate when to put up a purchase order and for how much?

I will try to spread it out and calculate it by how many hours are left and how much BTC is left to spend for that day. So the first buy order will be BTC for the day / 24 * price of DNotes. It will compete for the top buy order, within the limits set in the bot, and readjust every x number of seconds in the BOT Interval. If an order sells, it will then become number of remaining BTC / numbers of hours left in the day * price of DNotes. It will also have to factor in the minimum order amount set by the exchange, which for poloniex is .0001 I believe.

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 03:46:24 AM

'This one wouldn't sell DNotes, just try to buy them at the best price while supporting the market.'

IndiaMikeZulu ran a proof-of-concept project on just this: as part of a vigorous P2P-model, 'core-community' members (busy busy people) can buy 'packets' of Dnotes at the going rate. We called it 'hoovering' (on Cryptsy). [And ah! integral to this dynamic is the valuable possibility of selling packets of NOTE in-community. Some times folks just gotta sell coin, but it need never hit the automated exchanges. Always gotta balance The Volume Thang.]

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 04:25:10 AM

'This one wouldn't sell DNotes, just try to buy them at the best price while supporting the market.'

IndiaMikeZulu ran a proof-of-concept project on just this: as part of a vigorous P2P-model, 'core-community' members (busy busy people) can buy 'packets' of Dnotes at the going rate. We called it 'hoovering' (on Cryptsy). [And ah! integral to this dynamic is the valuable possibility of selling packets of NOTE in-community. Some times folks just gotta sell coin, but it need never hit the automated exchanges. Always gotta balance The Volume Thang.]

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia

You have our support Mark. By the way, you'll have to forgive me as I haven't thought of adding your P2P exchange info in our OP. It would be a good idea if we listed and you provided some information about how to use it and safely exchange?

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 07:04:34 AM

Hey, Dnotes. Whatever comes later, it begins with consciousness. A member posts something like:

'1st February, Dnotes buy-sell split: 1038-1029

I will buy 500 at 1029.'

Having your Btc and Dnotes addresses in your signature works well. Keep a record of whom you've traded with, and what size of trades you've done with them.

Here's one from the vaults: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=757232.0

Mark
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 02:08:14 PM

trading activity is certainly picking up

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 02:22:04 PM

Welcome mill0601! Looks like we had some volume at Poloniex. I did notice a buy wall growing yesterday, which is usually a good sign.

mill0601
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 02:26:10 PM

Welcome mill0601! Looks like we had some volume at Poloniex. I did notice a buy wall growing yesterday, which is usually a good sign.

It has peaked my interest. That and having an active dev. I am certainly going to invest some btc into this.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 02:45:22 PM

It has peaked my interest. That and having an active dev. I am certainly going to invest some btc into this.

Always glad to have someone join the DNotes community and become a stakeholder, thank you. I encourage you to take a good look at our what we have been doing before you decide to invest, and we recommend never investing more than you can afford to lose. A great place to start is a brief review of our press releases in the OP (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.0). In a nutshell, we consider DNotes a long term investment. We have been building infrastructure to support DNotes, such as DNotesVault.com, CryptoMoms.com, DCEBrief.com, as well as our upcoming book, membership site and company (here is a good description about the company will be structured to include DNotes https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.msg13485575#msg13485575).

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 02:54:24 PM

http://finance.dailyherald.com/dailyherald/news/read/31454328/PayServices_Announces_Launch_of_Innovative_Financial_Services_Portal

mill0601
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 02:58:37 PM

Wow this is fantastic, I think I discovered DNotes at the right time.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 03:27:32 PM

http://dcebrief.com/are-your-kids-ready-for-satoshi-math/

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 04:37:25 PM

Just wanted to let you all know that I've finally updated my blog again, and posted on CryptoMoms. Life has been quite busy for me lately, but I think I should be able to become a consistent poster on CryptoMoms at least.

It's nice to be back writing about crypto-things Smiley

http://cryptomoms.com/forum/general-discussion/9/introducing-my-blog-creative-currencies/980/msg6017#msg6017
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 04:45:21 PM

That is an excellent article, Chase.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 05:00:44 PM

Just wanted to let you all know that I've finally updated my blog again, and posted on CryptoMoms. Life has been quite busy for me lately, but I think I should be able to become a consistent poster on CryptoMoms at least.

http://cryptomoms.com/forum/general-discussion/9/introducing-my-blog-creative-currencies/980/msg6017#msg6017

That is very good to know, Wiser. CryptoMoms can certainly use some help.

All indications are that DNotes will do very well this year. I am very excited about the book which will be completed this month and published in late March. It is expected to be a revenue generator, allowing us to get even more things done. In the mean time, I am focusing most of my time on the book. I greatly appreciate the support and encouragement you all have so graciously given us.

DNotes price is trending up with increased volume. That is a good sign.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 05:01:15 PM

Excellent wiser, glad to hear it! Great write up, look forward to part 2.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 06:39:32 PM

I agree mill0601 - this is fantastic and your timing is perfect! Grin  Welcome to DNotes.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Pages: « 1 ... 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 [450] 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: