Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 09:56:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 [431] 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814501 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 02:55:12 AM

The slideshow that follows this article is really good and worth checking out.

Here's why banks are obsessed with a technology that's 'becoming the new internet'

2015 was the year of the blockchain for banks.

Financial institutions became obsessed with figuring out how to use the blockchain — the software that underpins bitcoin — for everything from "smart" contracts to issuing shares to clearing payments.

Blockchain is a name for the software underpinning bitcoin that uses complex cryptography and distributed ledgers — copies of records in multiple places — to regulate, record, and enable transactions using bitcoin. In effect, it lets users — the "crowd"" — police the monetary system without any central bank or regulator.

Over 40 top investment banks have joined an industry-wide consortium looking at how the technology can be adapted to traditional finance and Goldman Sachs has declared that the technology could change "well, everything."

William Mougayar, a partner at new Toronto-based venture capital firm Virtual Capital Ventures, says the technology has the potential to be the "new internet" for financial services, heralding a huge wave of innovation and re-invention. (He's not the only one who's compared blockchain to the internet.)

Mougayar has authored an extensive slideshow on what exactly the impact of blockchain and blockchain companies could be on financial services, complete with advice for banks on how to tackle the tech. He offered to share it with BI — check it out below.

Blockchain 2015: Strategic Analysis in Financial Services

"At the end of 1999, only 20% of US National banks were offering internet banking, even though it represented 90% of the banking system".

"Retrofitting the blockchain will be challenging and may not yield significant results".

(On Cryptocurrency Exchanges) "Will a bank purchase an exchange? Or will banks offer a similar service?"

"Will the Bloomberg of crypto emerge?

"Implementing the blockchain is 80% business / 20% technology (not the other way around)."

"Get your own hands dirty, don't outsource the learning."

Full slideshow: http://www.businessinsider.com/virtual-capital-ventures-slideshow-on-the-impact-of-blockchain-on-financial-services-2016-1

Excellent find Chase! I highly recommend everyone reads through it, though a bit lengthy.

What amazes me is how much room there is to grow in the cryptocurrency world. We've said it before, but we are still in the very early stages of what cryptocurrency and blockchain will accomplish and solve for the world. Here are a couple more quotes that struck me.
"Will our [software] wallets become our mini banks [in 2016]?"
"Will adoption [of hardware wallets] take off?"
"Will the killer app for cryptocurrency micro transactions emerge [in 2016]?"
"Will we achieve viable market making liquidity [in 2016]?"
"Will traditional merchant processors add cryptocurrency to their arsenal [in 2016]?"
All very important sectors for cryptocurrency. I know the focus is on bitcoin now, but in these early years that could change very quickly.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 01:33:01 PM

The slideshow that follows this article is really good and worth checking out.

Here's why banks are obsessed with a technology that's 'becoming the new internet'

2015 was the year of the blockchain for banks.

Financial institutions became obsessed with figuring out how to use the blockchain — the software that underpins bitcoin — for everything from "smart" contracts to issuing shares to clearing payments.

Blockchain is a name for the software underpinning bitcoin that uses complex cryptography and distributed ledgers — copies of records in multiple places — to regulate, record, and enable transactions using bitcoin. In effect, it lets users — the "crowd"" — police the monetary system without any central bank or regulator.

Over 40 top investment banks have joined an industry-wide consortium looking at how the technology can be adapted to traditional finance and Goldman Sachs has declared that the technology could change "well, everything."

William Mougayar, a partner at new Toronto-based venture capital firm Virtual Capital Ventures, says the technology has the potential to be the "new internet" for financial services, heralding a huge wave of innovation and re-invention. (He's not the only one who's compared blockchain to the internet.)

Mougayar has authored an extensive slideshow on what exactly the impact of blockchain and blockchain companies could be on financial services, complete with advice for banks on how to tackle the tech. He offered to share it with BI — check it out below.

Blockchain 2015: Strategic Analysis in Financial Services

"At the end of 1999, only 20% of US National banks were offering internet banking, even though it represented 90% of the banking system".

"Retrofitting the blockchain will be challenging and may not yield significant results".

(On Cryptocurrency Exchanges) "Will a bank purchase an exchange? Or will banks offer a similar service?"

"Will the Bloomberg of crypto emerge?

"Implementing the blockchain is 80% business / 20% technology (not the other way around)."

"Get your own hands dirty, don't outsource the learning."

Full slideshow: http://www.businessinsider.com/virtual-capital-ventures-slideshow-on-the-impact-of-blockchain-on-financial-services-2016-1

Excellent find Chase! I highly recommend everyone reads through it, though a bit lengthy.

What amazes me is how much room there is to grow in the cryptocurrency world. We've said it before, but we are still in the very early stages of what cryptocurrency and blockchain will accomplish and solve for the world. Here are a couple more quotes that struck me.
"Will our [software] wallets become our mini banks [in 2016]?"
"Will adoption [of hardware wallets] take off?"
"Will the killer app for cryptocurrency micro transactions emerge [in 2016]?"
"Will we achieve viable market making liquidity [in 2016]?"
"Will traditional merchant processors add cryptocurrency to their arsenal [in 2016]?"
All very important sectors for cryptocurrency. I know the focus is on bitcoin now, but in these early years that could change very quickly.

William Mougayar has written extensively on Bitcoin, Blockchain, digital currency and banking. I always enjoyed his articles.

His advise to the banks is don't out source, and I agree. At this stage knowledge goes a long. There are very few industry experts at this early stage revolutionary technology. If you just make a effort to learn just a little, your consultants may not know that much more than you do, You are paying them big money to experiment and may just  come up with a wrong design and implementation and justify it as just a proof of concept.

My favorite quote is his advice to the bankers "There is no Try. Do or Lag.
It's better to shoot yourself in the foot, than to have someone else shoot you in the head
"
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 03:06:00 PM

http://dcebrief.com/dnotes-2015-year-in-review/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 06:35:38 PM

Nick did an excellent job on the 2015 DNotes year in review, it is impressive to see the major accomplishments lined up in one article, it has indeed been a busy year for DNotes. We will continue building the DNotes ecosystem and growing our community of DNotes stakeholders in 2016. In 2015 DNotesVault has almost reached 20 million in DNotes held for stakeholders, CryptoMoms reached over 15 thousands members, DCEBrief has over 120 stories published and reached over 50 thousand unique readers with high retention and repeat visitor rates, and the DNotes forum thread has been read over 400 thousand times with just over 8600 posts. Thank you to all for your contributions!

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 08:27:42 PM

Nick did an excellent job on the 2015 DNotes year in review, it is impressive to see the major accomplishments lined up in one article, it has indeed been a busy year for DNotes. We will continue building the DNotes ecosystem and growing our community of DNotes stakeholders in 2016. In 2015 DNotesVault has almost reached 20 million in DNotes held for stakeholders, CryptoMoms reached over 15 thousands members, DCEBrief has over 120 stories published and reached over 50 thousand unique readers with high retention and repeat visitor rates, and the DNotes forum thread has been read over 400 thousand times with just over 8600 posts. Thank you to all for your contributions!

Nick did an excellent job. I just responded to LinkedIn with the following comments:

Dr. Quincy Chen 1st
Managing Director in PetroOverseas Group Corporation; Co-founder of Sinostan Consortium and Thinkingtank

Good work Alan, Hold on to it, will prosper in 2016 and beyond.

LikeReply(1)2 hours ago

Alan Yong
Co Founder Editor at DCEBrief

Thank you, Dr. Chen.

We are very systematic and strategic in everything that we do, and are passionately in it for the long term with the vision of building DNotes to be equal to fiat currency in meeting the full functions of money, as a unit of account, as a store of value, and as a medium of exchange. Only then, we can push it further to be superior to fiat currency with DNotes as a trusted global digital currency for everyone worldwide to participate, thereby becoming a supplement to global fiat currency.

We are the trail blazers, not followers, and it a long road ahead. No matter how many big banks may think otherwise by jumping into the Blockchain bandwagon, with little understanding of the historically innovative Bitcoin Blockchain technology, we believe that a comprehensive strategy to fully exploit the total package is far superior over the long term. There is plenty of time before mass acceptance of digital currency will become a reality. We are systematically creating our own ecosystem, block by block; and they are all strategically linked.

Carl Mullan   Carl Mullan 1st
Senior Advisor on Digix’s Advisory Board

Great work Alan. I'm always encouraged to read about your successes. Wonderful! Enjoyed Nick's article too! Have a great year.

LikeReply(1)43 minutes ago

Alan Yong   Alan Yong AUTHOR YOU
Co Founder Editor at DCEBrief

Thank you, Carl. We are committed to doing our part, one step at a time. Once a firm foundation is built we will be reaching out to many others to join force with us. As always, your support and encouragement is very much appreciated.

Like20 minutes ago
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 11:22:56 PM

Well done, this should make it easy to see the direction of DNotes and the effort that is going into it. Exciting times ahead ahead. Onward and upward...
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 11:43:53 PM

http://finance.dailyherald.com/dailyherald/news/read/31311735/Cryptocurrency_DNotes_2015_Year_in_Review

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 01:15:27 PM

Excellent release, looking forward to seeing which new and larger news outlets pick it up - which usually takes a day or two.

tittiecoiner

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 01:34:48 PM

Question to the Online Wallet:

I created several addresses for the different sources I got NOTE from (like Cryptsy, Pool 1,...). After I received them, I transferred them to the main address.
I was usually able to transfer the full amount that was stated as balance for this address

Sometimes there appears an error message when I'm trying to do the same like before

What's the reason, what does this error mean?

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 02:04:57 PM

From CryptoMoms Forum Today:

Our community leaders should save a copy of this post for convenience reference. To be consistent, please quote and do not deviate in explaining the ownership of DNotes' participation in the new company. This will be a generous and historic gift from small group of DNotes investors to all DNotes stakeholders based on our passionate belief that it is an invaluable contribution to the long term success of DNotes.

Quote from: Zoe on Today at 05:08:36 AM

I have a question. What do you mean DNotes the currency will own 25 percent of the company to start, subject to dilution?

Quote From Shepherd Today:

Zoe, that is a great question. As this question will likely come up again, I will attempt to provide a straightforward and comprehensive answer. Since everyone knows about Bitcoin and the Bitcoin ecosystem, let us use them as examples, though they are hugely larger in scale.

DNotes, like Bitcoin, is a decentralized digital currency owned by all of its stakeholders. The ownership is at will in the sense; anyone can be a stakeholder by acquiring some amount of DNotes at anytime. By the same token, any current stakeholder can liquidate his or her entire ownership at anytime without notice and no longer remained as a stakeholder. Yet, no one automatically owned any of the Bitcoin ecosystems, such Coinbase, just by owning some amount of Bitcoin.

Coinbase is a privately held, for profit company,100% funded and owned by private investors. When the founding group of investors started Coinbase they own 100% of the shares issued. To use a very simple example, let is assume that the company was authorized to issue up to 4,000 common shares and 400 shares were issued at the first round. This means that the first group of shareholders owning the 400 shared at point in time owned 100% of Coinbase. Let us further assume that they then raised $2,000,000 to expand the business, in exchange for 100 newly issued shares. At this point in time, the founding stakeholders’ ownership is diluted by 20%, and subsequently owned 80% and the new investors own 20%.

Now imagine that this new company is a privately held company like a Coinbase. The ecosystems in our case consist of CryptoMoms, DNotesVault, and DCEBrief at this time. The ecosystems are 100% funded by a small number of DNotes stakeholders. Since the details has yet to be finalized, due to further legal considerations, let is assume that we have a for profit “C” corporation with 100,000,000 authorized common shares and we decided to initially issue 10,000,000 shares. At that point in time, 2,500,000 (25%) will be owned by all the DNotes stakeholders under a (custodian account) and 7,500,000 (75%) will be owned by the founding investors.

Should we decide to seek additional funding using newly issued shares, all existing shareholders ownership would be diluted. But as the company grows and new capital is added, the company will become more valuable.

DNotes has a very unique business model, in that we believe that for DNotes to gain mass acceptance as the trusted global digital currency to supplement fiat currency one day, it needs a substantial professionally managed company to protect and promote the best interest of DNotes. We believe that the significant ownership given to DNotes will provide solid fundamental value to support the anticipated increasing value of DNotes over the long term. This will be a solid boost to our family of CRISPs.

Any future earning distribution in the form of dividends or other proceeds will be paid to the DNotes custodian account. For all practical purposes, no payment will be paid directly to DNotes stakeholders. The general public can participate in the ownership of the new company by owning DNotes.

Our vision is to build DNotes as the trusted global digital currency for everyone worldwide to participate. Given the global social and economic challenges we passionately believe there is an urgent need for us to offer a digital currency option to supplement fiat currencies on a worldwide basis. While DNotes itself will remain decentralized, it is highly essential that there is leadership and fundamental value behind it. However, like any start-ups, this will be quite exciting but a long road and a lot of hard work ahead. This is an unproven business model and there are no assurances that it will be a success. If successful, it will be most valuable to long term investors and may not benefit short term traders in a meaning and material way.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 03:37:20 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2016, 04:03:18 PM by DNotes

Question to the Online Wallet:

I created several addresses for the different sources I got NOTE from (like Cryptsy, Pool 1,...). After I received them, I transferred them to the main address.
I was usually able to transfer the full amount that was stated as balance for this address

Sometimes there appears an error message when I'm trying to do the same like before

What's the reason, what does this error mean?

Hi tittiecoiner, I'll go in and take a look to see what I can find. The withdrawal looks fine, so should go through.

*Edit: There is a bug, but I manually processed the withdrawal request for you.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 04:13:25 PM

Bitcoin Weekly Recap 1-8-2016

India’s Zebpay Receives $1 Million in Funding.
Pennsylvania Effort to Declare Bitcoin Money Falls Victim to Budget Impasse.
BitStamp Announces Bitcoin Sales via Credit, Debit Cards.
New Chinese Capital Controls Not Expected to Impact Bitcoin Exchanges.
Booking Your Room with Bitcoin and BookWithBit.

http://dcebrief.com/bitcoin-weekly-recap-1-8-2016/

tittiecoiner

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 04:38:35 PM

Hi tittiecoiner, I'll go in and take a look to see what I can find. The withdrawal looks fine, so should go through.

Problem solved, thanks a lot!

btw, I just noticed that the OP (exchanges, exchange votings) as well as your website (pools, exchanges - english and german version) contain many old and dead links. Just in case you want to update them.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 05:28:57 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2016, 06:17:24 PM by DNotes

Problem solved, thanks a lot!

btw, I just noticed that the OP (exchanges, exchange votings) as well as your website (pools, exchanges - english and german version) contain many old and dead links. Just in case you want to update them.

Thanks! Got a few dead ones off the OP.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 06:42:54 PM

Our community leaders should save a copy of this post for convenience reference. To be consistent, please quote and do not deviate in explaining the ownership of DNotes' participation in the new company. This will be a generous and historic gift from small group of DNotes investors to all DNotes stakeholders based on our passionate belief that it is an invaluable contribution to the long term success of DNotes.

I have a question. What do you mean DNotes the currency will own 25 percent of the company to start, subject to dilution?

Zoe, that is a great question. As this question will likely come up again, I will attempt to provide a straightforward and comprehensive answer. Since everyone knows about Bitcoin and the Bitcoin ecosystem, let us use them as examples, though they are hugely larger in scale.

DNotes, like Bitcoin, is a decentralized digital currency owned by all of its stakeholders. The ownership is at will in the sense; anyone can be a stakeholder by acquiring some amount of DNotes at anytime. By the same token, any current stakeholder can liquidate his or her entire ownership at anytime without notice and no longer remained as a stakeholder. Yet, no one automatically owned any of the Bitcoin ecosystems, such Coinbase, just by owning some amount of Bitcoin.

Coinbase is a privately held, for profit company,100% funded and owned by private investors. When the founding group of investors started Coinbase they own 100% of the shares issued. To use a very simple example, let is assume that the company was authorized to issue up to 4,000 common shares and 400 shares were issued at the first round. This means that the first group of shareholders owning the 400 shared at point in time owned 100% of Coinbase. Let us further assume that they then raised $2,000,000 to expand the business, in exchange for 100 newly issued shares. At this point in time, the founding stakeholders’ ownership is diluted by 20%, and subsequently owned 80% and the new investors own 20%.

Now imagine that this new company is a privately held company like a Coinbase. The ecosystems in our case consist of CryptoMoms, DNotesVault, and DCEBrief at this time. The ecosystems are 100% funded by a small number of DNotes stakeholders. Since the details has yet to be finalized, due to further legal considerations, let is assume that we have a for profit “C” corporation with 100,000,000 authorized common shares and we decided to initially issue 10,000,000 shares. At that point in time, 2,500,000 (25%) will be owned by all the DNotes stakeholders under a (custodian account) and 7,500,000 (75%) will be owned by the founding investors.

Should we decide to seek additional funding using newly issued shares, all existing shareholders ownership would be diluted. But as the company grows and new capital is added, the company will become more valuable.

DNotes has a very unique business model, in that we believe that for DNotes to gain mass acceptance as the trusted global digital currency to supplement fiat currency one day, it needs a substantial professionally managed company to protect and promote the best interest of DNotes. We believe that the significant ownership given to DNotes will provide solid fundamental value to support the anticipated increasing value of DNotes over the long term. This will be a solid boost to our family of CRISPs.

Any future earning distribution in the form of dividends or other proceeds will be paid to the DNotes custodian account. For all practical purposes, no payment will be paid directly to DNotes stakeholders. The general public can participate in the ownership of the new company by owning DNotes.

Our vision is to build DNotes as the trusted global digital currency for everyone worldwide to participate. Given the global social and economic challenges we passionately believe there is an urgent need for us to offer a digital currency option to supplement fiat currencies on a worldwide basis. While DNotes itself will remain decentralized, it is highly essential that there is leadership and fundamental value behind it. However, like any start-ups, this will be quite exciting but a long road and a lot of hard work ahead. This is an unproven business model and there are no assurances that it will be a success. If successful, it will be most valuable to long term investors and may not benefit short term traders in a meaning and material way.

This is a great explanation that should clear up any questions!

I've posted it on the CryptoMoms Forum in the "Welcome to DNotes" thread, so it is easy to find for anyone having to explain it.

http://cryptomoms.com/forum/dnotes/28/welcome-to-dnotes-digital-currency/1175/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 06:53:32 PM

DNotes 2015 Year in Review   http://dcebrief.com/dnotes-2015-year-in-review/  - Great story Nick!

It's starting to show up on a few other sites:

CRYPTOCURRENCY DNOTES 2015 YEAR IN REVIEW

http://www.einnews.com/pr_news/305239309/cryptocurrency-dnotes-2015-year-in-review

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 08:23:34 PM

This is a great explanation that should clear up any questions!

I've posted it on the CryptoMoms Forum in the "Welcome to DNotes" thread, so it is easy to find for anyone having to explain it.

http://cryptomoms.com/forum/dnotes/28/welcome-to-dnotes-digital-currency/1175/

Great idea. Thank you Chase.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 03:45:32 AM

Catching up for the night i ran across this article, A Helpful Guide to Investing in Cryptocurrencies.

"Understand the Coin – I believe there is a good incentive in understanding how the altcoin works. We are witnessing a hoard of companies launching their cryptocoins in the expectation of a quick rise in price as investors look for undervalued cryptocurrencies in the digital currency space. The euphoria surrounding new coins can be compared to IPOs in the stock market, where each new IPO opens at a huge premium."

There are many coins that have launched and will be launched in the future that may focus on a niche or a feature, although often a great addition to the cryptocurrency world, we have to look at the long term viability of it being able to sustain the entire ecosystem of the coin. That is why we are making every effort to make DNotes sustainable, and able to stand the test of time while we grow with the cryptocurrency industry.

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 05:23:02 AM

Catching up for the night i ran across this article, A Helpful Guide to Investing in Cryptocurrencies.

"Understand the Coin – I believe there is a good incentive in understanding how the altcoin works. We are witnessing a hoard of companies launching their cryptocoins in the expectation of a quick rise in price as investors look for undervalued cryptocurrencies in the digital currency space. The euphoria surrounding new coins can be compared to IPOs in the stock market, where each new IPO opens at a huge premium."

There are many coins that have launched and will be launched in the future that may focus on a niche or a feature, although often a great addition to the cryptocurrency world, we have to look at the long term viability of it being able to sustain the entire ecosystem of the coin. That is why we are making every effort to make DNotes sustainable, and able to stand the test of time while we grow with the cryptocurrency industry.

There seems to be quite a few cryptocurrency investment articles the last couple of days.  This one caught my eye, not so much for the content, but rather the title.  Calling Bitcoin a safe haven a couple of years ago would have gotten you laughed out of a room. My, my, how the tides have turned...  Wink

Bitcoin Acts As Safe Haven Amid Economic Turmoil; Trading Volumes Spike

Read more at http://www.econotimes.com/Bitcoin-Acts-As-Safe-Haven-Amid-Economic-Turmoil-Trading-Volumes-Spike-140247#vs6PZEiL9KJTvwC0.99

oneredpanther

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 11:08:22 AM

Hi guys, where can I find the blockchain explorer for DNOTES? I can't seem to locate it through Google. I need to check some transactions. Thanks!
Pages: « 1 ... 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 [431] 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: