Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 04:53:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 [497] 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 02:48:33 PM

mmm maybe a cloud mining platform owned by DNotes for vault users.

or more radical protocol/algo change to DPOS like protoshares its ecologic and i think match perfectly with DNotes market sector, always can be mined in multipools, and can deal delegates with potencial parthners.

own exchange just for trade it for another moar popular coins, just simple one to keep integrated with other alts comunities

Some kind mechanism to give rights to other person just the case a fatality not loose coins

predefined models or assesoration department to help bussiness adding/use DNotes features

some kind of vote to heard customers/comunity/holders thinking

DNotes raspi plug and play, so people if wanna  help decentralice network, and maybe a special private pool just for them with bonuses

i got this error in web book
Conexión segura fallida

Ha ocurrido un error durante una conexión a fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com. El servidor OCSP sugiere que lo intente de nuevo más tarde. Código de error: SEC_ERROR_OCSP_TRY_SERVER_LATER

Good suggestions infovortice, I will add them to my tracker.

The error on four pillars site. See if it cleared on it's own?

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 03:55:13 PM

http://dcebrief.com/is-it-feasible-to-think-cryptocurrency-can-compete-globally/

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 06:11:46 PM

Great article Thomas.

Like - "The central location in the network of payments ensured banks were always best placed to introduce currency into circulation. However, the internet has broken that relationship and enabled digital currency to be circulated without the banking system itself, the logistics that became the norm for the banking industry worldwide simply no longer apply after the growth of easy internet access for the majority."

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 06:18:44 PM

This is a good one! There's no need to read the whole article, it's just confirmation of what we already know. The fact that it is coming from the mainstream shows the evolution starting. Smiley

Should you give your kid a digital allowance?

Children as young as five are getting their own debit cards

Call them the “electronic wallet” generation, or the “swipe” kids, because no longer is the allowance debate about whether or not to pay their children to do chores. The conversation now surrounds getting children as young as five their own debit cards.

“It’s a personal decision,” says Shirley Malloy*, an associate vice-president at Toronto-Dominion Bank. “But there are definitely benefits for children or pre-teens to having their own debit card. First, it reflects our current reality around technology. It’s also a learning opportunity.” Malloy says parents can set a daily limit, so they take an active role in their children’s spending and saving habits, rather than just hand out cash once a week. “You can teach your child to be independent, to protect passwords, to think before they spend, and to pay themselves first.”

Proponents of the plastic allowance say a first debit card is a modern passage into adulthood. It allows parents to easily transfer allowances into their children’s accounts whenever they want; kids can access the money with the swipe of a card. They don’t view it as a passport to profligacy. Some parents simply find it safer than young kids carrying cash. In fact, the e-allowance route, as opposed to handing cash to kids, who will rarely keep receipts for what they purchase, has its advantages, they argue.

http://www.moneysense.ca/spend/should-you-give-your-kid-a-digital-allowance/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 06:24:19 PM

This is a good one! There's no need to read the whole article, it's just confirmation of what we already know. The fact that it is coming from the mainstream shows the evolution starting. Smiley

Should you give your kid a digital allowance?

Children as young as five are getting their own debit cards

Call them the “electronic wallet” generation, or the “swipe” kids, because no longer is the allowance debate about whether or not to pay their children to do chores. The conversation now surrounds getting children as young as five their own debit cards.

“It’s a personal decision,” says Shirley Malloy*, an associate vice-president at Toronto-Dominion Bank. “But there are definitely benefits for children or pre-teens to having their own debit card. First, it reflects our current reality around technology. It’s also a learning opportunity.” Malloy says parents can set a daily limit, so they take an active role in their children’s spending and saving habits, rather than just hand out cash once a week. “You can teach your child to be independent, to protect passwords, to think before they spend, and to pay themselves first.”

Proponents of the plastic allowance say a first debit card is a modern passage into adulthood. It allows parents to easily transfer allowances into their children’s accounts whenever they want; kids can access the money with the swipe of a card. They don’t view it as a passport to profligacy. Some parents simply find it safer than young kids carrying cash. In fact, the e-allowance route, as opposed to handing cash to kids, who will rarely keep receipts for what they purchase, has its advantages, they argue.

http://www.moneysense.ca/spend/should-you-give-your-kid-a-digital-allowance/

Absolutely! Someone should send the author your article Smiley http://dcebrief.com/cryptocurrency-is-the-perfect-playground-for-kids-to-learn-about-investing/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 06:26:28 PM

Great article Thomas.

Like - "The central location in the network of payments ensured banks were always best placed to introduce currency into circulation. However, the internet has broken that relationship and enabled digital currency to be circulated without the banking system itself, the logistics that became the norm for the banking industry worldwide simply no longer apply after the growth of easy internet access for the majority."

This is one of my favorite articles from Thomas, lot's of good points raised, I'm glad to see you pointed that out.

RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 12:20:22 AM

Good morning. I am just dropping in to say hello to everyone. The book will be completed by next week and be ready for the final round of editing before publication. It is an amazing book for anyone in business, as well as employees interested in a successful career path.

Be sure to read the DNotes Story at DCEBrief or LinkedIn if you have not done so. http://dcebrief.com/the-dnotes-story-an-unfolding-big-bold-idea-of-global-scale/

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/dnotes-story-unfolding-big-bold-idea-global-scale-part-alan-yong

On the technology side, I am already on the look-out for talents and potential partnership. There is some very interesting discussion going on. We have a very clear vision for DNotes. Our missions, goals and objectives are clearly defined. We are now fine-tuning our strategies and will continue to execute them effectively. We are always about aiming to be the best in class and doing the right thing at the right time. Our next phase is about identifying technology problems, challenges, and limitations and develop viable solutions to overcome them. The next few years will be immensely exciting. Stay tuned.

After reading the DNotes story I'm sure the book will draw in the right people to get more involved.  Looking forward to reading the ready I'd the book as well.  

It most certainly will,

We previously had a big list of potential upgrades didn't we? Some of them will have been technical in nature - or upgrades to the DNotes blockchain.

That is perhaps a conversation we should resume to on this forum - what do we think will be the most vital technical upgrades to the DNotes ecosystem / blockchain?

Thanks, TeeGee. That is a great idea. In the DNotes Story, you included a great quote from, "{Arnold H. Glasow probably said it best when he said “Success is simple. Do what’s right, the right way, at the right time.”}"

Now is the right time to develop a wish list for technology upgrades. Beginning the 2nd half of this year our major focus is on technology upgrades with strong emphasis on R&D related to our industry. We will examine known industry technical issues and limitations with an open mind and address the most appropriate ones with viable solutions.

Remember, we have very clear visions going forward. DNotes is being positioned to be the trusted digital currency for everyone world to participate with no barriers to small savers. DNotes will supplement, not replace, global fiat currencies. We will focus on the three main components: the currency, the global payment network system, and the under-pining blockchain technology, including smart contracts.

Wish List For Technology Upgrade:

1) Resolve scaling problems

2) Advanced Global Payment Network Systems with full security Suite and Mobile Applications.

3) Instant confirmation at checkout.

..........   You are encouraged to add to this list.

1. A super simple, anyone can use it, wallet. A totally new design without all the more or less un-needed functions in the standard one.

2 .An API or hook that allows DNotes to be integrated with many/any software such as QuickBooks and payment systems.

3. Also integration with Chrome, Firefox and IE (Edge)

4. Direct conversion to other cryptos and fiat. I know the goal is to do away with these eventually but, for right now, it's still needed.

Oh, and one more, a Help Desk with a person at the other end. Novel idea in crypto but needed in finance.

Thank, you RJF. Nice additions. May have to sell a lot of books before adding a help desk, lol.  

Shoot for the Moon they used to say...   Cheesy

I trust that you are referring to the book. It has a good shot at it. The book is written with deep  passion to be helpful to entrepreneurs, as well as any employees; in short very broad-based audience.  It is expected to bring about great awareness and credibility for DNotes. That is what we need to gain mass acceptance. You will be one of the first few to get a finished copy, pending final editing. Give us your honest review after you have a chance to go through it. Anyone else interested to get a sneak peek version may pm me with your email. Check out the book summary and name two chapters you are most interested in:  https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/

Thank you Alan, I feel honored!  And yes, I was referring to the book mainly but DNotes in general. We will only rise to the heights we see ourselves at in the future so, aim high and remember, nothing is out of reach if you have a plan.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 02:18:28 AM

Good morning. I am just dropping in to say hello to everyone. The book will be completed by next week and be ready for the final round of editing before publication. It is an amazing book for anyone in business, as well as employees interested in a successful career path.

Be sure to read the DNotes Story at DCEBrief or LinkedIn if you have not done so. http://dcebrief.com/the-dnotes-story-an-unfolding-big-bold-idea-of-global-scale/

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/dnotes-story-unfolding-big-bold-idea-global-scale-part-alan-yong

On the technology side, I am already on the look-out for talents and potential partnership. There is some very interesting discussion going on. We have a very clear vision for DNotes. Our missions, goals and objectives are clearly defined. We are now fine-tuning our strategies and will continue to execute them effectively. We are always about aiming to be the best in class and doing the right thing at the right time. Our next phase is about identifying technology problems, challenges, and limitations and develop viable solutions to overcome them. The next few years will be immensely exciting. Stay tuned.

After reading the DNotes story I'm sure the book will draw in the right people to get more involved.  Looking forward to reading the ready I'd the book as well.  

It most certainly will,

We previously had a big list of potential upgrades didn't we? Some of them will have been technical in nature - or upgrades to the DNotes blockchain.

That is perhaps a conversation we should resume to on this forum - what do we think will be the most vital technical upgrades to the DNotes ecosystem / blockchain?

Thanks, TeeGee. That is a great idea. In the DNotes Story, you included a great quote from, "{Arnold H. Glasow probably said it best when he said “Success is simple. Do what’s right, the right way, at the right time.”}"

Now is the right time to develop a wish list for technology upgrades. Beginning the 2nd half of this year our major focus is on technology upgrades with strong emphasis on R&D related to our industry. We will examine known industry technical issues and limitations with an open mind and address the most appropriate ones with viable solutions.

Remember, we have very clear visions going forward. DNotes is being positioned to be the trusted digital currency for everyone world to participate with no barriers to small savers. DNotes will supplement, not replace, global fiat currencies. We will focus on the three main components: the currency, the global payment network system, and the under-pining blockchain technology, including smart contracts.

Wish List For Technology Upgrade:

1) Resolve scaling problems

2) Advanced Global Payment Network Systems with full security Suite and Mobile Applications.

3) Instant confirmation at checkout.

..........   You are encouraged to add to this list.

1. A super simple, anyone can use it, wallet. A totally new design without all the more or less un-needed functions in the standard one.

2 .An API or hook that allows DNotes to be integrated with many/any software such as QuickBooks and payment systems.

3. Also integration with Chrome, Firefox and IE (Edge)

4. Direct conversion to other cryptos and fiat. I know the goal is to do away with these eventually but, for right now, it's still needed.

Oh, and one more, a Help Desk with a person at the other end. Novel idea in crypto but needed in finance.

Thank, you RJF. Nice additions. May have to sell a lot of books before adding a help desk, lol.  

Shoot for the Moon they used to say...   Cheesy

I trust that you are referring to the book. It has a good shot at it. The book is written with deep  passion to be helpful to entrepreneurs, as well as any employees; in short very broad-based audience.  It is expected to bring about great awareness and credibility for DNotes. That is what we need to gain mass acceptance. You will be one of the first few to get a finished copy, pending final editing. Give us your honest review after you have a chance to go through it. Anyone else interested to get a sneak peek version may pm me with your email. Check out the book summary and name two chapters you are most interested in:  https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/

Thank you Alan, I feel honored!  And yes, I was referring to the book mainly but DNotes in general. We will only rise to the heights we see ourselves at in the future so, aim high and remember, nothing is out of reach if you have a plan.

You are most welcome, RJF. The launching of the book "The Four Pillars of Business Success" will likely be the most amazing winning strategy I have ever attempted. I am confident that it will be very well executed. It will give us an immense amount of fire-power. I don't like to aim high without being totally confident that we can generate the tools and fuel to get there. The book is more than just a "white paper." It is a very comprehensive instruction guide for us and equally useful for any entrepreneurs and more. It's best to let our readers be the judges.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 03:06:48 AM

'The book is more than just a "white paper." '

There’s an interesting subtlety here:

once upon a laptop in a café, geeks traded Bitcoin, and they did so in a consciously libertarian milieu.

And the hope was that Ordinary People would get (directly) involved.

Then, suddenly, it was all about automated exchanges – a little sad ‘cause that development kept cryptos in the immature speculative-trading phase, preyed on by Not-Ordinary-People and Wall-Street refugees.

T h e n Knowledge of Cryptos (whatchamacallit, ‘blockchain’) reached banks and corporations. And think tanks. And governments. And VC startups.

That is, again, a lurch away from Ordinary People being involved. Remember ‘mass adoption’? Well, it seems that the only dev team on Planet Krypto still resolutely oriented to actual currency-connected-to-Ordinary-People cryptographic-currency development is Dnotes.

Go, Dnotes!
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 03:43:14 AM

'The book is more than just a "white paper." '

There’s an interesting subtlety here:

once upon a laptop in a café, geeks traded Bitcoin, and they did so in a consciously libertarian milieu.

And the hope was that Ordinary People would get (directly) involved.

Then, suddenly, it was all about automated exchanges – a little sad ‘cause that development kept cryptos in the immature speculative-trading phase, preyed on by Not-Ordinary-People and Wall-Street refugees.

T h e n Knowledge of Cryptos (whatchamacallit, ‘blockchain’) reached banks and corporations. And think tanks. And governments. And VC startups.

That is, again, a lurch away from Ordinary People being involved. Remember ‘mass adoption’? Well, it seems that the only dev team on Planet Krypto still resolutely oriented to actual currency-connected-to-Ordinary-People cryptographic-currency development is Dnotes.

Go, Dnotes!

You got it right, Mark. If crypto is money, all the common people must also be involved, not just the geeks, the large corporations, the bankers and the wealthy. The CRISP, DNotesVault, and the book are all designed to appeal to everyone. It may take a few years but that is the best route to mass acceptance. The Dnotes Story will reach a lot of employers and their employees.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2016, 03:27:21 PM

http://dcebrief.com/borders-are-meaningless-for-digital-currencies/

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 03:48:35 PM

Just for your reference:

How 420,000 might be bitcoin’s magic number
Daniel Masters
Director at Global Advisors Bitcoin Investment Fund Plc.

Apr 20, 201621 views2 Likes0 CommentsShare on LinkedInShare on FacebookShare on Twitter
28th November 2012 was a slow news day. There was a lunar eclipse -- the second that year -- and it was the first day since 1990 that the NYPD reported that no one was shot, stabbed or slashed in New York.  There wasn’t much to report. And while journalists around the World searched for a scoop one small story went uncovered – the reward for mining a block on the bitcoin blockchain had just halved.

Commencing in January 9th 2009 when the Bitcoin blockchain initiated, each and every one of the 209,999 blocks mined, created at a rate of approximately one every ten minutes, in an uninterrupted 24/7/365 operation, had attracted a new, autonomous creation by the network itself of 50 new, never before seen, bitcoin.

A lot had changed since 2009. The first block mined had 1 transaction (the special “coinbase” transaction that captures the reward) and no other activity. By 2012 the network size and activity had grown significantly and there were 543 transactions in the “pre-halving” block.

The next block mined, at a height of precisely 210,000 blocks, as codified years earlier by Satoshi Nakamoto, had a 25 bitcoin reward.

So what?

Nothing much happened. However, a few months later the value of a bitcoin had increased dramatically. Prices had been steadily increasing as the halving approached, they ended 2011 at $7, and rose to $11 by September, 2012.

The high tick by April 2013 was $259.

Needless to say bitcoin has demonstrated stomach-churning volatility in the past and this meteoric rise met with considerable turbulence. None of this may in fact have had anything to do with the halving, it’s impossible to determine that one way or the other. But even so, there had certainly been an extraordinary chance to profit.

So now we look forward to the next pre-ordained halving, at a block height of precisely 420,000. We sit at 408,138 at the time of writing, with the next halving expected on or around 11th July 2016. At that moment the 25 coin per block reward halves again, to 12.5

It is interesting to think about whether we will see another price rise following this next event. I’m confident that there won’t be fireworks on the day itself, and indeed there is some prospect that prices will rise in advance of the event, fully discounting the effect ahead of time. I don’t see that happening currently.

At this moment the value of all bitcoin in circulation is $6.7 billion. At the old rate of issuance, that puts $575m of new coin in circulation per year. Prices so far in 2016 have been relatively stable. That tells me that there is enough new investment and real time demand to match the creation of $575m new coin. It seems obvious that if that dollar-sized demand persists, which I believe it will, that the price of bitcoin must rise to meet it.

Naysayers and haters will say -- in addition to the normal criticism of bitcoin -- that a drop of $288m per year in supply is not meaningful when compared to the $6.7 billion inventory.

That’s not how commodities work.

Just think about what happened recently in the oil market. Taking the USA alone we now have more oil and refined products in inventory than since records began, over 2 billion barrels. Yet the price of oil has risen 60% from the $25 low point early in the year.

OPEC has hinted that the oil production introduced to the market will no longer rise. This will do very little indeed to change the inventory picture. It will remain engorged. So why the massive rally?

Because commodities price on the rate of change of inventory, not on inventory.

When bitcoin dipped in price in June 2015 I stated passionately prices couldn’t remain in the 200’s https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/elliptic-curves-fermat-bitcoin-daniel-masters?trk=mp-author-card

I’m equally convinced that today, a price of $440 is, once again,  too low.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-420000-might-bitcoins-magic-number-daniel-masters?trk=hb_ntf_MEGAPHONE_ARTICLE_POST
kanus1113

Activity: 452

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 04:49:28 PM

Just for your reference:

Daniel Masters

Apr 20, 201621 views2 Likes0 CommentsShare on LinkedInShare on FacebookShare on Twitter
28th November 2012 was a slow news day. There was a lunar eclipse -- the second that year -- and it was the first day since 1990 that the NYPD reported that no one was shot, stabbed or slashed in New York.  There wasn’t much to report. And while journalists around the World searched for a scoop one small story went uncovered – the reward for mining a block on the bitcoin blockchain had just halved.

Commencing in January 9th 2009 when the Bitcoin blockchain initiated, each and every one of the 209,999 blocks mined, created at a rate of approximately one every ten minutes, in an uninterrupted 24/7/365 operation, had attracted a new, autonomous creation by the network itself of 50 new, never before seen, bitcoin.

A lot had changed since 2009. The first block mined had 1 transaction (the special “coinbase” transaction that captures the reward) and no other activity. By 2012 the network size and activity had grown significantly and there were 543 transactions in the “pre-halving” block.

The next block mined, at a height of precisely 210,000 blocks, as codified years earlier by Satoshi Nakamoto, had a 25 bitcoin reward.

So what?

Nothing much happened. However, a few months later the value of a bitcoin had increased dramatically. Prices had been steadily increasing as the halving approached, they ended 2011 at $7, and rose to $11 by September, 2012.

Needless to say bitcoin has demonstrated stomach-churning volatility in the past and this meteoric rise met with considerable turbulence. None of this may in fact have had anything to do with the halving, it’s impossible to determine that one way or the other. But even so, there had certainly been an extraordinary chance to profit.

So now we look forward to the next pre-ordained halving, at a block height of precisely 420,000. We sit at 408,138 at the time of writing, with the next halving expected on or around 11th July 2016. At that moment the 25 coin per block reward halves again, to 12.5

It is interesting to think about whether we will see another price rise following this next event. I’m confident that there won’t be fireworks on the day itself, and indeed there is some prospect that prices will rise in advance of the event, fully discounting the effect ahead of time. I don’t see that happening currently.

At this moment the value of all bitcoin in circulation is $6.7 billion. At the old rate of issuance, that puts $575m of new coin in circulation per year. Prices so far in 2016 have been relatively stable. That tells me that there is enough new investment and real time demand to match the creation of $575m new coin. It seems obvious that if that dollar-sized demand persists, which I believe it will, that the price of bitcoin must rise to meet it.

Naysayers and haters will say -- in addition to the normal criticism of bitcoin -- that a drop of $288m per year in supply is not meaningful when compared to the $6.7 billion inventory.

Just think about what happened recently in the oil market. Taking the USA alone we now have more oil and refined products in inventory than since records began, over 2 billion barrels. Yet the price of oil has risen 60% from the $25 low point early in the year.

OPEC has hinted that the oil production introduced to the market will no longer rise. This will do very little indeed to change the inventory picture. It will remain engorged. So why the massive rally?

When bitcoin dipped in price in June 2015 I stated passionately prices couldn’t remain in the 200’s https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/elliptic-curves-fermat-bitcoin-daniel-masters?trk=mp-author-card

I’m equally convinced that today, a price of $440 is, once again,  too low.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-420000-might-bitcoins-magic-number-daniel-masters?trk=hb_ntf_MEGAPHONE_ARTICLE_POST

Guy sounds knowledgeable and makes sense. I need to find some money to get some more bitcoin and dnotes.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2016, 06:08:04 PM

Just for your reference:

Daniel Masters

28th November 2012 was a slow news day. There was a lunar eclipse -- the second that year -- and it was the first day since 1990 that the NYPD reported that no one was shot, stabbed or slashed in New York.  There wasn’t much to report. And while journalists around the World searched for a scoop one small story went uncovered – the reward for mining a block on the bitcoin blockchain had just halved.

So what?

I’m equally convinced that today, a price of $440 is, once again,  too low.

Guy sounds knowledgeable and makes sense. I need to find some money to get some more bitcoin and dnotes.

Exciting times ahead for our industry and DNotes! The post does make sense, but you never know what is actually going to happen. During the last bitcoin halving, it didn't have the market or volume. It will be interesting to see what happens.

kanus1113

Activity: 452

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 08:30:45 PM

Bitcoin is dead again ... https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/p2p-money-transfer-firm-ceo-bitcoin-dead/ P2P Money Transfer Firm CEO: Bitcoin Is Dead
RJF19

Activity: 420

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 09:04:42 PM

Bitcoin is dead again ... https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/p2p-money-transfer-firm-ceo-bitcoin-dead/ P2P Money Transfer Firm CEO: Bitcoin Is Dead

Gee... I REALLY hate it when Bitcoin dies!  Grin  Especially when it's declared by someone in direct competition with Bitcoin....

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 12:01:00 AM

Interesting...

"Although one may assume that the demand for privacy in Bitcoin and other blockchain-based systems is coming from crypto-anarchists and libertarians, the reality is that a huge push for concealing transactions on the blockchain is coming from the traditional financial industry."

Zooko: The Financial Industry Is Demanding Privacy for Blockchains

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/zooko-the-financial-industry-is-demanding-privacy-for-blockchains-1461169647

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 01:49:37 AM

What a sad headline.
It will be nice if DNotes can help to lower this statistic by a few points one day.

NEARLY HALF OF AMERICANS WOULD HAVE TROUBLE FINDING $400 TO PAY FOR AN EMERGENCY

SINCE 2013, THE FEDERAL RESERVE BOARD has conducted a survey to “monitor the financial and economic status of American consumers.” Most of the data in the latest survey, frankly, are less than earth-shattering: 49 percent of part-time workers would prefer to work more hours at their current wage; 29 percent of Americans expect to earn a higher income in the coming year; 43 percent of homeowners who have owned their home for at least a year believe its value has increased. But the answer to one question was astonishing. The Fed asked respondents how they would pay for a $400 emergency. The answer: 47 percent of respondents said that either they would cover the expense by borrowing or selling something, or they would not be able to come up with the $400 at all. Four hundred dollars! Who knew?

Well, I knew. I knew because I am in that 47 percent.

I know what it is like to have to juggle creditors to make it through a week. I know what it is like to have to swallow my pride and constantly dun people to pay me so that I can pay others. I know what it is like to have liens slapped on me and to have my bank account levied by creditors. I know what it is like to be down to my last $5—literally—while I wait for a paycheck to arrive, and I know what it is like to subsist for days on a diet of eggs. I know what it is like to dread going to the mailbox, because there will always be new bills to pay but seldom a check with which to pay them. I know what it is like to have to tell my daughter that I didn’t know if I would be able to pay for her wedding; it all depended on whether something good happened. And I know what it is like to have to borrow money from my adult daughters because my wife and I ran out of heating oil.

Read more:
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/05/my-secret-shame/476415/
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 03:17:26 AM

Interesting...

"Although one may assume that the demand for privacy in Bitcoin and other blockchain-based systems is coming from crypto-anarchists and libertarians, the reality is that a huge push for concealing transactions on the blockchain is coming from the traditional financial industry."

Zooko: The Financial Industry Is Demanding Privacy for Blockchains

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/zooko-the-financial-industry-is-demanding-privacy-for-blockchains-1461169647

I kind of assumed this would be one the issues banks and financial institutions would take up with public blockchains. Privacy is important for people to make everyday transactions. Which a public blockchain does provide, until the user identifies themselves in some way. However, the financial industry probably wants to completely hide all forms of transactions from the public. It is interesting indeed.

infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 03:33:47 AM

really hard for father say that to his children.

While system runs ok no one take care of how it run, or why. just work pay work pay work pay and sleep (just a little bit cuz you must work pay work pay work pay)

If all qualified coders have good job with microsoft or apple, linux maybe not exisist.

So...

Keep good work up !

in spain is really hard too spent 400$ for an emergency too
Pages: « 1 ... 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 [497] 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: