Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:57:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 28nm ** 1T ** 900W【JingTian miner】 in production !!!  (Read 26247 times)
QuestionTime

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:36:03 AM

Is this the post you're saying was removed?

Precisely, we are the owner of the IP inside the A1 chip and the major contributor to the know-how of the inner workings that led to its development. We are aware of things like the one happening here and we even made a press release news concerning this matter:

http://bitmine.ch/?p=5178

Whoever purchases these does that on its own risk and may be liable in its own country since we hold IP on that.

Feh this is ugly and I'd seen none of it cos there's too much forum activity to keep track of.

The website caution is:
Code:
when purchasing from an unauthorized distributor because most probably they’re a scam or a reseller of lower-grade, non-working or counterfeit ASICs

Where does it say anything about stolen goods?

The bitmine CoinCraft A1 chips used in these Chinese 28nm miners were not legally obtained from bitmine or its authorised distributors.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JT Miner

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:36:25 AM

Got it. It's a monstrosity with 3 external power supplies that I have to wire in myself... however even the power side needs to be screwed in with bare wires, and that's basically illegal to do in my country unless you're a certified A grade electrician... so I'm not sure exactly what to do with it yet  Undecided

External power supplies??  Got a picture?
It's as per the opening post, but with one extra power supply (presumably a spare/redundancy). Here's some photos, including a baseball cap for size comparison:

http://ck.kolivas.org/pictures/JTMiner/

Uggh.. wouldn't be an issue for me to wire it up here in the UK but I thought it was gonna look more like the Dragon miners (massive black box with two ATX PSUs) like bobsag got.
Sure it's easy to wire up. But it's also illegal to do mains wiring yourself here. PSUs would have been much simpler, but in fact these are much higher quality and more expensive than regular PSUs.

yes, I know our company  has arrange someone  to pick it up, wire it up ,and send it back to CK.

Also , i like to point out. JT miner spend lot's of effort in the firmware and Pi side. they use the ST MCU. the firmware is written from 0. after JTminer use the ST MCU. some vendors' solution seems to have interests in ST MCU too:)

The Pi board can drive up to 8 boards (in lab we do), and each MCU to control the two SPI high speed chain. in this way, give the whole system more flexibility and scalability. it's not a small job can be done in a very short time, actually they spend one month in hardware and software with 3 high profile engineers.  

so please show some respect, JTminer are the firmware author and some Pi's controller code talking to the ASIC boards

【ICO】众链之母 MOAC.IO  VCCoin.IO
【Exchange】Coinbene
seeksilence (OP)

Activity: 239
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:37:07 AM

The id "JT miner"s words can be trusted while discussing JTminer.

@QuestionTime: Why are you feared to ask simple question to Giorgio from Bitmine? You should question everyone if you have doubt or you have some purpose for the misleading information. We do not have any business with Bitmine. Also Bitmine could not even put the answer in legal term to the question:
Does Innosilicon have right to sell the chips or not?

Do you see Innosilicon on this list: http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=5204

http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=863
Designed from scratch, Bitmine’s Coincraft A1 is a third generation Bitcoin Mining IC developed by Bitmine in co-operation with a team of expert engineers from Innosilicon. Targeting the highest possible power efficiency, the A1 is made to be deployed in huge binary trees structures within large scale private or public mining pools.

@QuestionTime : everyone knows they are in cooperation!

You are always avoiding to answer the question:
@QuestionTime: Why are you feared to ask simple question to Giorgio from Bitmine? You should question everyone if you have doubt or you have some purpose for the misleading information. We do not have any business with Bitmine. Also Bitmine could not even put the answer in legal term to the question:

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1633

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 03:40:14 AM

Designed from scratch, Bitmine’s Coincraft A1 is a third generation Bitcoin Mining IC developed by Bitmine in co-operation with a team of expert engineers from Innosilicon. Targeting the highest possible power efficiency, the A1 is made to be deployed in huge binary trees structures within large scale private or public mining pools.

Aye, they even have Innosilicon as a hyperlink.

It would not be a simple matter of calling an electrician to wire the machine to mains if there are no compliance marks.
Indeed not as you can see on the pictures. It's simple enough to use a different power source though. You have done well to point out enough controversy surrounding these devices, but the claim on the bitmine website is they could be a scam (they've sent me hardware, I'm not saying whether others will get hardware), or they're sending some kind of inferior or imitation product - and I can't attest to any of that.

But stolen goods? IP concerns?

The bitmine CoinCraft A1 chips used in these Chinese 28nm miners were not legally obtained from bitmine or its authorised distributors.

I don't see evidence to make that final association, but I shall ask bitmine myself.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
QuestionTime

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:42:07 AM

You are always avoiding to answer the question:

Being in cooperation does not mean ownership of the chip IP.

If you check the news http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=863, you should know bitmine is just in co-operation with some Chinese company. They just bought the chip from the Chinese company and name it as "Coincraft A1" chip. The Chinese company can also sell the A1 chip. They can call it any name they want like "ABC A1" chip. So the question comes: Does the "Coincraft A1" chip means "A1" chip?I don't think so. This is something like Mcdonalds can make their hamburger and KFC can make their own too.

We do NOT buy chips from bitmine and have no business with them.

From that link:
Designed from scratch, Bitmine’s Coincraft A1 is a third generation Bitcoin Mining IC developed by Bitmine in co-operation with a team of expert engineers from Innosilicon.

Doesn't say bitmine bought the chip from a Chinese company.

I'm assuming that the R&D funds came from bitmine and it's customers and that Innosilicon was contracted by bitmine for R&D, ergo, bitmine retains IP rights of the A1 chip. Unless the use of the A1 chip in these Chinese 28nm miners has been authorised by bitmine, what we're seeing here is corporate theft and entities being in possession of or receiving these miners, liable for a criminal offence.

Precisely, we are the owner of the IP inside the A1 chip and the major contributor to the know-how of the inner workings that led to its development. We are aware of things like the one happening here and we even made a press release news concerning this matter:

Whoever purchases these does that on its own risk and may be liable in its own country since we hold IP on that.

Yes, that's China.

Bitmine owns the chip IP, not Innosilicon.
seeksilence (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:52:25 AM

Got it. It's a monstrosity with 3 external power supplies that I have to wire in myself... however even the power side needs to be screwed in with bare wires, and that's basically illegal to do in my country unless you're a certified A grade electrician... so I'm not sure exactly what to do with it yet  Undecided

External power supplies??  Got a picture?
It's as per the opening post, but with one extra power supply (presumably a spare/redundancy). Here's some photos, including a baseball cap for size comparison:

Uggh.. wouldn't be an issue for me to wire it up here in the UK but I thought it was gonna look more like the Dragon miners (massive black box with two ATX PSUs) like bobsag got.
Sure it's easy to wire up. But it's also illegal to do mains wiring yourself here. PSUs would have been much simpler, but in fact these are much higher quality and more expensive than regular PSUs.

yes, I know our company  has arrange someone  to pick it up, wire it up ,and send it back to CK.

Also , i like to point out. JT miner spend lot's of effort in the firmware and Pi side. they use the ST MCU. the firmware is written from 0. after JTminer use the ST MCU. some vendors' solution seems to have interests in ST MCU too:)

The Pi board can drive up to 8 boards (in lab we do), and each MCU to control the two SPI high speed chain. in this way, give the whole system more flexibility and scalability. it's not a small job can be done in a very short time, actually they spend one month in hardware and software with 3 high profile engineers.  

so please show some respect, JTminer are the firmware author and some Pi's controller code talking to the ASIC boards

+1

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 03:58:45 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 04:11:50 AM by ckolivas

Put the discussion on hold for the time being. I'm asking bitmine directly for I certainly do not want to be put in the middle of such controversy. I can easily see a number of possibilities for how it has ended in this stalemate, and it is not clear to me that there is incontrovertible evidence saying that JT produced these illegally, nor that any stealing was involved. A statement from bitmine is the only thing that can clear this up one way or another. If bitmine do not respond then I have to assume Innosilicon do indeed have the right to produce exact copies and sell these chips.

-ck
QuestionTime

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:24:25 AM

Put the discussion on hold for the time being. I'm asking bitmine directly for I certainly do not want to be put in the middle of such controversy. I can certainly see a number of possibilities for how it has ended in this stalemate, and it is not clear to me that there is incontrovertible evidence saying that JT produced these illegally, nor that any stealing was involved. A statement from bitmine is the only thing that can clear this up one way or another. If bitmine do not respond then I have to assume Innosilicon do indeed have the right to produce exact copies and sell these chips.

Bitmine have already put up a list of authorised distributors: http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=5204. If the hardware has been originally acquired from an entity not on that list, it's most likely counterfeit or stolen.

If you check the news http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=863, you should know bitmine is just in co-operation with some Chinese company. They just bought the chip from the Chinese company and name it as "Coincraft A1" chip. The Chinese company can also sell the A1 chip. They can call it any name they want like "ABC A1" chip. So the question comes: Does the "Coincraft A1" chip means "A1" chip?I don't think so. This is something like Mcdonalds can make their hamburger and KFC can make their own too.

From that link:
Designed from scratch, Bitmine’s Coincraft A1 is a third generation Bitcoin Mining IC developed by Bitmine in co-operation with a team of expert engineers from Innosilicon.

I'm assuming that the R&D funds came from bitmine and it's customers and that Innosilicon was contracted by bitmine for R&D, ergo, bitmine retains IP rights of the A1 chip. Unless the use of the A1 chip in these Chinese 28nm miners has been authorised by bitmine, what we're seeing here is corporate theft and entities being in possession of or receiving these miners, liable for a criminal offence.

Yes, that's China.

You may assume all you want, but we have yet to see a statement from Innosilicon about this issue whereas bitmine have already made their position quite clear. On the current balance of probabilities it would appear these Chinese machines based on the 28nm CoinCraft A1 are indeed manufactured from stolen tech.
seeksilence (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:28:19 AM

@QuestionTime: Please show some respect to ckolivas and put your questions on hold. Thanks.

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 05:02:30 AM

Bitmine have already put up a list of authorised distributors: http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=5204. If the hardware has been originally acquired from an entity not on that list, it's most likely counterfeit or stolen.

You may assume all you want, but we have yet to see a statement from Innosilicon about this issue whereas bitmine have already made their position quite clear. On the current balance of probabilities it would appear these Chinese machines based on the 28nm CoinCraft A1 are indeed manufactured from stolen tech.
The message you keep quoting was removed which is why I said it raises a number of possibilities. While I appreciate your suspicions bringing to light these allegations, you are unable to conclusively say anything. I've made no assumptions, I just want a clear statement from bitmine regarding this manufacturer. The claims regarding stealing or counterfeiting are as you are no doubt aware very serious allegations and if they do not come forth with these allegations and stick to only non-specific cautions on their site, then I have to give JTminer the benefit of the doubt. So depending on how (and if) they respond, I will be getting the hardware working with an alternative power source and continue down the software path which is all I was originally interested in - or - I will hand the hardware over the AFP.

-ck
QuestionTime

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:57:14 AM

The message you keep quoting was removed which is why I said it raises a number of possibilities. While I appreciate your suspicions bringing to light these allegations, you are unable to conclusively say anything. I've made no assumptions, I just want a clear statement from bitmine regarding this manufacturer. The claims regarding stealing or counterfeiting are as you are no doubt aware very serious allegations and if they do not come forth with these allegations and stick to only non-specific cautions on their site, then I have to give JTminer the benefit of the doubt. So depending on how (and if) they respond, I will be getting the hardware working with an alternative power source and continue down the software path which is all I was originally interested in - or - I will hand the hardware over the AFP.

From that link:

Yes, that's China.

The possibilities raised regarding the removal of that message should come second to conclusively identifying who removed the message.

Based on that quote from the CEO of bitmine (source of R&D funds and owner of chip IP) and the fact that Innosillicon (contracted design house with no foundry), JianTian, JT, Dragon, LA1THS, etc (assemblers) are not on the authorised distributors list, I can conclusively say that these Chinese machines based on the 28nm CoinCraft A1 chip have not been manufactured from hardware legitimately obtained from the owners of the chip IP, bitmine.

Bitmine can not be expected to issue a statement for every manufacturer that pops up with hardware with bitmine tech inside. I assume, therefore, that's why they've put up a list of authorised distributors of bitmine tech http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=5204. However, further confirmation can only be a good thing. For the sake of everyone involved I wish you all the best in this endeavour and encourage you to publish the request for clarification from bitmine and any associated correspondence here in the public domain ideally in another thread.
repairguy

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:17:44 AM

Got it. It's a monstrosity with 3 external power supplies that I have to wire in myself... however even the power side needs to be screwed in with bare wires, and that's basically illegal to do in my country unless you're a certified A grade electrician... so I'm not sure exactly what to do with it yet  Undecided

Thanks, They included some high end bench supplies with that machine. Nice.
JT Miner

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:34:02 AM

From that link:

Yes, that's China.

The possibilities raised regarding the removal of that message should come second to conclusively identifying who removed the message.

Based on that quote from the CEO of bitmine (source of R&D funds and owner of chip IP) and the fact that Innosillicon (contracted design house with no foundry), JianTian, JT, Dragon, LA1THS, etc (assemblers) are not on the authorised distributors list, I can conclusively say that these Chinese machines based on the 28nm CoinCraft A1 chip have not been manufactured from hardware legitimately obtained from the owners of the chip IP, bitmine.

Bitmine can not be expected to issue a statement for every manufacturer that pops up with hardware with bitmine tech inside. I assume, therefore, that's why they've put up a list of authorised distributors of bitmine tech http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=5204. However, further confirmation can only be a good thing. For the sake of everyone involved I wish you all the best in this endeavour and encourage you to publish the request for clarification from bitmine and any associated correspondence here in the public domain ideally in another thread.

"I can conclusively say that these Chinese machines based on the 28nm CoinCraft A1 chip have not been manufactured from hardware legitimately obtained from the owners of the chip IP, bit mine."

A few things i'd like to point out:

1) Bitmine said they were the owner of the ip inside the chip, it doesn't mean only Bitmine can sell the chip. IP inside doesn't mean a lot. you need a bunch of money to turn into a real chip.
2) Bitmine said they are the vendor of "Coincraft A1", and they own the trademark "CoinCraft" , so only Bitmine and his authorized channel can sell "CoinCraft" A1, right?
3) JTminer never said they use "CoinCraft" A1.
4) while JTMiner are day and night busy producing their 1000+ machines, someone are wasting time on nonsense issues
5) i happen to know, there is a video showing their mining facility. it's serious business, and large investment. bitcoins world has lot's scam. but this time, give some respect before you are 100% percent sure, and mind your language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86hZGZAMUHQ‍

【Exchange】Coinbene
ElGabo

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:24:03 AM

Sorry for off but  Kiss STI.

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:24:37 AM

I spy some IBM Storage (xseries line from quick glimpse) looks older but still thumbs up.  HP stuff... bleh
skyfromwell

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:46:20 AM

I guess the reason THAT POST was removed because I posted it to the bosses of innosilicion, and they disputed the claim.
JT Miner

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:55:36 AM

Sorry for off but  Kiss STI.

1)extra power supply can give you the ability to over clock. The boards are equipped with 32+A current capacity power supply per chip:), in 25G/s mode, it only consume 20A per chip. so it has room to do the over clock.

2)Linear Tech power supply + careful design gives the ripple only at 20mv:), it will stabilize chips using the higher clock without too much HW error.

【Exchange】Coinbene
CroverNo01

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:06:21 AM

From that link:

Yes, that's China.

"I can conclusively say that these Chinese machines based on the 28nm CoinCraft A1 chip have not been manufactured from hardware legitimately obtained from the owners of the chip IP, bit mine."

1) Bitmine said they were the owner of the ip inside the chip, it doesn't mean only Bitmine can sell the chip. IP inside doesn't mean a lot. you need a bunch of money to turn into a real chip.
2) Bitmine said they are the vendor of "Coincraft A1", and they own the trademark "CoinCraft" , so only Bitmine and his authorized channel can sell "CoinCraft" A1, right?
4) while JTMiner are day and night busy producing their 1000+ machines, someone are wasting time on nonsense issues
5) i happen to know, there is a video showing their mining facility. it's serious business, and large investment. bitcoins world has lot's scam. but this time, give some respect before you are 100% percent sure, and mind your language.

Loving the video must be so much TH/s in that data center Tongue
silver71

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

no avatar for now

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 08:17:54 AM

So that's why so much smog above Shanghai sky is all about Smiley They run a handfull of coal-powered termoelectric powerplants just for this data-centar Smiley

smart solutions from Tesla's home country...
sikke

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:08:30 AM

FUD, your somekind of desperate Agent for Bitmain ?
All you've done after registering to these forums are posting few negative things to bitmaintopic + started to post this FUD of Bitmain vs. Innosilicon all over the forums.

Your point is made please stop it. You dont bring anything new. Fact is Bitmaintech has failed to keep full sales rights to the Chip with Innosilicon. For reasons we dont know, Innosilicon has right to sell the Chip aswell. Bitmain cannot stop them selling the chip as of now. Eaven company in Finland has purhaced these chips now and are making their own blades and miners. I know you dont know what Engineers in Finland has made over the past years... Being all the way in Australia.

+1
I wish all the best luck for you. War has started, Innosilicon has sold these Chips to +10 companys now. Your design is good, but dont take too long to pass it in the market now. There will be others. Your design suits well for hosting premises.  Shocked huge farms...

What matters
1) $
2) GH/s
3) w/hour
4) no pre-order bullshit, Ship from stock to get sales.

Who makes 1-4 best, gets the market next from Antminers. These chips have potential.. to be killer atm.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: