Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:10:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 384 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][POOL] Mining Pool Hub - Multipool. Multialgo, Auto Exchange to any coin.  (Read 487464 times)
marecek666

Activity: 236
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 01:00:48 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2017, 01:56:38 PM by marecek666

there is a possible issue in ftc pool. My ccminer is doing 630+kH/s (according to accepted shares) and there are 0 errors, but your pool reports 400-550kH/s for my worker. Stratum diff (worker diff) is changing a bit often and it is going between 200-500 now (sometimes it goes to around 100). Maybe it is the reason of wrong worker hashrate on the pools side. Why so high diff for so small hashrate? Could you give an extra fixed diff port for small (1-2 GPU) miners?
going to other pool where the hashrate and corresponding payouts are OK for my miner until the solution here.

my local miner stats:

and here is a pool side:

have no jpg of dashboard, but there were rates about 0,4 to 0,5 MH/s and that is about 0,1-0,2MH/s less than it should be (after about 2 hours of mining there should be correct hashrate visible).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 01:21:43 PM

@MPH
is there or will there be a phone app to monitor our miners?
If not, whats the best way to monitor our rigs?
The email notification doesn't work.
z1ck

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 02:50:12 PM

miningpoolhub,

1) can you add local-time converting on graph page?
2) can you add graph page for miners who using algorithm ports.
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 01:42:54 AM

Im sure this has been asked before...if fact I remember something to that effect..but anyways.  About the static diff on skein.  What number of shares per minute should we be striving for ?  What happens in practice if we send too many shares to the pool ?  Or does it matter that much, Idk much about my bandwidth but the pool certainly does I think. 
alucard20724

Activity: 703
Merit: 272

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:54:25 AM

Can you add Decred coin to your pool since it's available on all three exchanges that you support.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/decred/#markets

I'm trying to get more dual mining capabilities with claymore's dual miner with your pool.

thanks.

Yeah I'll add that coin. Sorry that I'm slow.  Roll Eyes

do you have some type of ETA on when the coins for claymore dual miner will be added?
fonyo

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 12:09:24 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2017, 12:37:41 PM by fonyo

Whattomine says Phoenixcoin of the most profitable of all neoscrypt coins at the moment and comes up to the top quite frequently lately but MPH doesn't even have a profitability score for it. Not sure why. Can you please explain? If it is so profitable, how come it is being delisted soon? Is it just pure lack of interest from the pool users or the coin is doomed in general in your opinion?

Also, I've been wondering and I don't know whether this has been asked before. What is a 1.00000 profitability score? What do you compare all other coins to when the profitability score is determined. Can you please share how you exactly calculate the profitability for AMD, NVIDIA and most importantly what is "No Norm" and what does it mean/do? Why is it useful? Thanks in advance, MPH. Keep up the great work! Smiley
Myth888

Activity: 343
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:48:22 PM

Been going crazy why my eth share rate was down for the last 3days. Going nuts trying to find out what's wrong. Finally tried to force my miner to mine on ethermine which is my fail over. It turns out miner was fine. MPH just increased difficulty by a big margin and its causing very erratic share rates and very bad for smaller rigs like mine.

I would like to request that difficulty be lowered to its precious settings so smaller rigs like mine would not be forced off the pool. Mining in ethermine reminded me of how MPH was before difficulty was increase 2x. I like MPH and would like to stay but may need to leave if pool difficulty keeps rising.
stna1981

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:22:44 PM

Could someone explain to me the meaning of these figures:

- What does the PPLNS Target number mean?
- Your valid = submitted shares by me? How can it be 831,580 if on the left it says 0.03 shares/s -> it would take 7.700 hours to find so many shares?!?
- What does the percentage of est. round shares tell me? >100% makes not really sense...
- XMR estimates means this is the XMR I get when the next block has been found?

Other hubs have more meaningful statistics honestly...
Myth888

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 03:05:39 PM

Could someone explain to me the meaning of these figures:

- What does the PPLNS Target number mean?
- Your valid = submitted shares by me? How can it be 831,580 if on the left it says 0.03 shares/s -> it would take 7.700 hours to find so many shares?!?
- What does the percentage of est. round shares tell me? >100% makes not really sense...
- XMR estimates means this is the XMR I get when the next block has been found?

Other hubs have more meaningful statistics honestly...

I'm not sure about target. But each of your share has a equivalent amount of share value. Each share has different weight depending on what the pool set as it's difficulty. So even if you shared 10 doesn't mean it has more value than 8 if the 8 share has more difficulty.

Round shares means the avg expected share before a pool usually closes and gets a reward. So if it's above 100% meaning pool is having low luck of finding a share. Sometimes pool has better luck sometimes lower luck. But ultimately it will even out and be close to 100% by average in the long run.

I hope I clarified a few points for you. And recently MPH has been increasing difficulty for almost all the coins. It's affecting our hashes severely. If this continues might actually have to find a new pool. Still waiting for the owner to respond to my message. If I do not get a favorable response might have to try another pool. Too bad I had high hopes for MPH. 
stna1981

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 03:45:16 PM

For monero I tried MineXMR, nanopool and MPH so far. MPH seems to yield best or similar to MineXMR. Nanopool was disappointing. From the profil calculator, dwarfpool also seems not too promising. If I can get some more cards, I can directly compare over a few days and then decide.
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 04:07:05 PM

Been going crazy why my eth share rate was down for the last 3days. Going nuts trying to find out what's wrong. Finally tried to force my miner to mine on ethermine which is my fail over. It turns out miner was fine. MPH just increased difficulty by a big margin and its causing very erratic share rates and very bad for smaller rigs like mine.

I would like to request that difficulty be lowered to its precious settings so smaller rigs like mine would not be forced off the pool. Mining in ethermine reminded me of how MPH was before difficulty was increase 2x. I like MPH and would like to stay but may need to leave if pool difficulty keeps rising.

yeah reported hashrate is a bummer - but - to compare use your 24 hours income and compare with whattomine - fees, or do your own calculation.  difficulty does not move as much now so it should be close.  then go to "blocks" and see luck for the last 24 hours, adjust for that % and you should get really close to what you should get if luck is 100%.  tell us your results, I find repoted hashrate to be erratic but 24hour credit seems to be okay...at least compared to all other eth pools i've been on. 
Myth888

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 06:43:44 PM

yeah reported hashrate is a bummer - but - to compare use your 24 hours income and compare with whattomine - fees, or do your own calculation.  difficulty does not move as much now so it should be close.  then go to "blocks" and see luck for the last 24 hours, adjust for that % and you should get really close to what you should get if luck is 100%.  tell us your results, I find repoted hashrate to be erratic but 24hour credit seems to be okay...at least compared to all other eth pools i've been on.  

Yup always compare to whattomine.com. It is true that MPH used to perform better than most pool a month ago. But recently pool difficulty was raised 2x now before I jumped from another pool. Atm I do better in ethermine doing a little above what is listed in whattomine.com. In MPH I'm doing about 20-35% lower now than what is listed in whattomine.com since the pool difficulty change.

I tried to mine for about 2hrs in ethermine and it confirms its not my hardware that has problems but the change in MPH. If your using claymore see the stats. Difficulty had been raised to 5000 which used to be 4000. Ethermine uses 4000 difficulty as well. I also used o cpu mine in MPH but stopped a few months ago when MPH set it as high as nicehash.

I think due to the growth in users owner has increased difficulty to decrease the bandwidth usage per user. Its gonna affect small rigs and slower GPU more than big and faster GPU.

BTW I'm not talking about mining difficulty here. I'm talking about pool difficulty. They are different. Pool difficulty is set higher to reduce bandwidth and should not affect hash rate unless set too high. It is currently too high for my rig.
marecek666

Activity: 236
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 07:46:37 PM

yeah reported hashrate is a bummer - but - to compare use your 24 hours income and compare with whattomine - fees, or do your own calculation.  difficulty does not move as much now so it should be close.  then go to "blocks" and see luck for the last 24 hours, adjust for that % and you should get really close to what you should get if luck is 100%.  tell us your results, I find repoted hashrate to be erratic but 24hour credit seems to be okay...at least compared to all other eth pools i've been on.  

Yup always compare to whattomine.com. It is true that MPH used to perform better than most pool a month ago. But recently pool difficulty was raised 2x now before I jumped from another pool. Atm I do better in ethermine doing a little above what is listed in whattomine.com. In MPH I'm doing about 20-35% lower now than what is listed in whattomine.com since the pool difficulty change.

I tried to mine for about 2hrs in ethermine and it confirms its not my hardware that has problems but the change in MPH. If your using claymore see the stats. Difficulty had been raised to 5000 which used to be 4000. Ethermine uses 4000 difficulty as well. I also used o cpu mine in MPH but stopped a few months ago when MPH set it as high as nicehash.

I think due to the growth in users owner has increased difficulty to decrease the bandwidth usage per user. Its gonna affect small rigs and slower GPU more than big and faster GPU.

BTW I'm not talking about mining difficulty here. I'm talking about pool difficulty. They are different. Pool difficulty is set higher to reduce bandwidth and should not affect hash rate unless set too high. It is currently too high for my rig.
the same situation in FTC MPH I described several posts before. Stratum/worker diff is higher than it should be and it is not good for small miners (other pools set worker diff about 32-64 and sometimes up to 128, MPH gives about 200-300 and sometimes up to 500 for my 630+kH/s rate). MPH reports about 85% of my real workers submitted hashrate and the same with rewards. Switched to another FTC pool until the explanation and solution from MPH will be there.
Myth888

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 05:42:35 AM

the same situation in FTC MPH I described several posts before. Stratum/worker diff is higher than it should be and it is not good for small miners (other pools set worker diff about 32-64 and sometimes up to 128, MPH gives about 200-300 and sometimes up to 500 for my 630+kH/s rate). MPH reports about 85% of my real workers submitted hashrate and the same with rewards. Switched to another FTC pool until the explanation and solution from MPH will be there.

Yup. I've notice it in all eth based coins and monero. I think equihash was also adjusted a bit recently. Didn't really pay attention to previous difficulty. But I'm getting way less shares. I set my Nvidia to only mine when Temps r below 70c so that's really affecting my shares on MPH. Set it low so will not mine when people use the pc and will never get hot as it is inside the room.

One of the biggest reason I choose MPH over other pools is low difficulty which is good for small miners like me who can't afford expensive rigs. 3rd world country and all. Parts are expensive here and electricity costs is pretty high. Plus I started mining for extra income after losing almost everything from a catastrophic natural calamity.
Myth888

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 05:50:11 AM

MPH owner has been nothing but good to members. Usually listening to us when we ask for something so I'm still hoping he would show up an fix the current difficulty problems... He's been MIA for a while though. No coms at all. But he's been working in the background and got the graphs back. Hopefully we hear from him soon. Even with the recent hit on profitability as a show of support I stayed. But can't stay forever if nothing is done. Others are beginning to realize it as well. Pool hash rate is down quite a bit even if total hash rate has increased. That's on top of claymore using MPH recently as primary pool.
stna1981

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 09:32:57 AM

Maybe a noob question, but why is a higher pool difficulty worse for smaller rigs?
miningpoolhub (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456

Mining Pool Hub

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 10:04:03 AM

@miningpoolhub - for the bottom of your todo list.   It would be nice to have the option of a "display name", I could use for the site. I would like to see my heroic deeds on blocks found, but I don't really want to put my login name out there.

You mean some nickname to be displayed at blocks found list?

yes

Hmm.. interesting.

You don't have to be offensive to prove a point especially when people are trying to help. You can just go with one of your initial suggestions and use another pool and I just end the conversation here.
Actually, I wasn't offensive. I simply highlighted that if you don't give a shit about your privacy that doesn't mean you can expect everybody else feel the same. I have no idea why you would get offended by that but if that happened to hit home with you and you get offended by the fact that I don't follow your feelings about privacy, I really can't help you with that. This is why we don't have proper political discourse anymore.

Also, regarding help, disabling cookie managers or whitelisting MPH doesn't do much because as stated previously I have already tried the latter and surfing few days collecting a million cookies because one site keeps resetting its session doesn't sound a good deal to me. Also, this doesn't happen with any other sites, so I'm a bit skeptical that it's in my setup.

By the way, saying stuff like "nobody else has the problem" with a sample size of one doesn't make me very confident of the validity of the conclusion hence my skepticism.

I do agree that this discussion is pointless because neither of us can fix the real issue with the login security and pinpoint why this happens starts to look pita to find out.

Sorry about Google and privacy things.
I agree that privacy is important. Recaptcha isn't ideal but it's better than opening brute force password inserts.

Recaptcha is the most secure brute force blocking tool AFAIK. I heard that it even tracks mouse movements and detects whether it's human or bot. Do you know better solution?
Maybe try private browsing from firefox or chrome. It would leave cookie while using but cookies will be flushed when you close that browser.

This is a technical problem, and you shouldn't try to make it otherwise. Two people out of all the MPH users still doesn't offer a very conclusive proof of anything. I've never doubted that it doesn't work for at least some people and that's why I asked if somebody else has the problem so we could maybe pinpoint it. There's million different combinations of browsers and addons. You shouldn't expect MPH to be able to test them all, it's really unfair to the devs. As far as the actual tech goes, much better way to secure a login function is to implement 2-factor. This makes it impossible to bruteforce instead of just slowing the perp down with captcha.

2FA is another concern. When hacker get someone's email account and asks 2FA secret key to be reset, what does pool have to do? Send new 2fa via email? Then 2fa is just same as email account security.
Pool cannot ask their passport or utility bill to confirm their real house address.
Will you send me passport photo to reset your 2fa? And how can pool verify that the passport is real as pool didn't receive passport before from same man.
What happens when pool just ignores 2fa reset? People will shout that pool is scam.

So 2fa should be able to reset via email at last. It will bring nearly same level of email account security then.
I would add 2fa authentication but it will work as same as PIN security level.

Also I believe that your login session is not related to recaptcha thing. recaptcha only validates at login page.

don't you think to add XLR coin to MPH?

Yeah I'll check. Actaully I didn't know XLR.

@miningpoolhub
Good job on the Graphs page, thanks. Some dynamic formatting is still needed to be written for mobile devices as the shown time figures completely overlap. Haven't checked it on PC yet.

Does this mean it is now time to add new coins? Wink

Hmm.. I'll make UI better one by one.

First I'll fix email notification.
DB upgrade is scheduled too.
Then I'll prepare for zcoin lyra2z algo change hardfork.
After that, I can add coins.

Anyone having problems with auto exchange lately? Most of my coins are stuck at confirmed for a few days now...

Also as a suggestion you can actually try to do the exchange off MPH users 1st before sending it to exchange. That will save you the fees and gain 2% from us using the feature. It will also speed up the exchange to instant exchange. And we won't mind if you lower the fees when an on site exchange is done... =p

What coin is stuck?

Maybe launching exchange site would be better.  Cheesy

@miningpoolhub Where do I find the historic data for invalid shares?

No we don't keep that data. Sorry.

@miningpoolhub I have Antminer D3s on order due to arrive in Oct hopefully.

Can I use these ASICs on MiningPoolHub to mine Dash? Do you support ASICs? I am happy to give 1% - 2% for your service etc.

Also according to coinwarz.com mining Cannabis Coin and Monetary Unit (MUE), which also run on the X11 algo, are sometimes alot more profitable against the BTC/USD value. My question is with my D3s can I mine ANY X11 coin including Cannabis coin and Monetary Unit?

You do not have pools set up for those will you be doing so in the future? Or can you advise me of bigger pools to join for those specific coins?

Im new to this and have NEVER mined before. I've been looking into Crypto as a whole for 1 month. So as you can imagine your help and expertise would be much appreciated. Imagine trying to educate a 5 year old who has been under a rock... Yeah that's me!

Thanks in advance

Yeah, I belive you can mine x11 with ASIC.
Already there's many baikal ASIC miners mining here.

Miningpoolhub ran monetaryunit pool few months ago and closed due to its frequent fork issue. (It happened before MUE's x11 switch)

I'll open pools if profitability is good and trade volume is big too.
There's some low traded coins that rise up like rocket and go away within few minutes.

Mining Pool Hub - https://miningpoolhub.com
miningpoolhub (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456

Mining Pool Hub

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 10:26:07 AM

there is a possible issue in ftc pool. My ccminer is doing 630+kH/s (according to accepted shares) and there are 0 errors, but your pool reports 400-550kH/s for my worker. Stratum diff (worker diff) is changing a bit often and it is going between 200-500 now (sometimes it goes to around 100). Maybe it is the reason of wrong worker hashrate on the pools side. Why so high diff for so small hashrate? Could you give an extra fixed diff port for small (1-2 GPU) miners?
going to other pool where the hashrate and corresponding payouts are OK for my miner until the solution here.

my local miner stats:

and here is a pool side:

have no jpg of dashboard, but there were rates about 0,4 to 0,5 MH/s and that is about 0,1-0,2MH/s less than it should be (after about 2 hours of mining there should be correct hashrate visible).

Pool's hashrate is just estimation.
So don't trust those values.

@MPH
is there or will there be a phone app to monitor our miners?
If not, whats the best way to monitor our rigs?
The email notification doesn't work.

There's no official app.
I just browse from mobile web browser.

Email notification is now working!

miningpoolhub,

1) can you add local-time converting on graph page?
2) can you add graph page for miners who using algorithm ports.

I'll add that time conversion feature. Many people asked.
Graphs for algo will be added too.

Im sure this has been asked before...if fact I remember something to that effect..but anyways.  About the static diff on skein.  What number of shares per minute should we be striving for ?  What happens in practice if we send too many shares to the pool ?  Or does it matter that much, Idk much about my bandwidth but the pool certainly does I think. 

1~2 shares per minute is enough. Too many share would harm your profitability and server too.

As vardiff sensitivity is lowered, you would be okay to just mine without static diff.

do you have some type of ETA on when the coins for claymore dual miner will be added?

No. There's no ETA for coin pools. I just do things one by one daily.

Whattomine says Phoenixcoin of the most profitable of all neoscrypt coins at the moment and comes up to the top quite frequently lately but MPH doesn't even have a profitability score for it. Not sure why. Can you please explain? If it is so profitable, how come it is being delisted soon? Is it just pure lack of interest from the pool users or the coin is doomed in general in your opinion?

Also, I've been wondering and I don't know whether this has been asked before. What is a 1.00000 profitability score? What do you compare all other coins to when the profitability score is determined. Can you please share how you exactly calculate the profitability for AMD, NVIDIA and most importantly what is "No Norm" and what does it mean/do? Why is it useful? Thanks in advance, MPH. Keep up the great work! Smiley

Phoenixcoin's trade volume is very low.
0.09 BTC means almost dead. Also it's only traded in Cryptopia. Not in poloniex, bittrex.
Most times it rises up because of low difficulty but it goes was when difficulty raises. And when coins are sent to Cryptopia, their buy order would not enough for pool's selling coins.

No normalization is raw profitability calculation just assuming profitabilty when mining with 1GH for a day.
As this numbers are meaningless most times, pool normalizes those values to GPU performance for AMD and NVIDIA each.
(Yeah it's like whattomine's calculation for each GPU)

Profitability score is totally meaningless. The numbers are only to compare each other relatively.
e.g.) 1.2 vs 1.4 mean 1.4 coin(algo) is profitable than 1.2 coin.

Increased difficulty value to mitigate the db write load.

Share rate is not an important factor.
Difficulty increased 43000 to 50000 like nanopool.
Ethermine is still 40000

I'll lower the difficulty if this makes problems.
Did you get lower earnings?

MPH owner has been nothing but good to members. Usually listening to us when we ask for something so I'm still hoping he would show up an fix the current difficulty problems... He's been MIA for a while though. No coms at all. But he's been working in the background and got the graphs back. Hopefully we hear from him soon. Even with the recent hit on profitability as a show of support I stayed. But can't stay forever if nothing is done. Others are beginning to realize it as well. Pool hash rate is down quite a bit even if total hash rate has increased. That's on top of claymore using MPH recently as primary pool.

I just do many things in background. Sorry that I replied late.
I'll change and tweak for better mining environment.

Mining Pool Hub - https://miningpoolhub.com
salfter

Activity: 651
Merit: 501

My PGP Key: 92C7689C

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 08:08:58 PM

Maybe a noob question, but why is a higher pool difficulty worse for smaller rigs?

Higher difficulty makes it harder for small rigs to find shares.  If it's high enough and you're switching between coins to mine the most profitable, it's possible you might find no shares in 10 minutes, 30 minutes, or more.  Without shares, you don't get paid and you're just wasting electricity.

Lower difficulty, OTOH, means that larger rigs spend more time communicating with the pool and less time mining.

Ideally, the stratum server would adjust each miner's difficulty to something lower for smaller rigs and something higher for larger rigs, so that everybody's finding shares at about the same rate (I've heard one share every 10 seconds as a reasonable target, though you could maybe go as high as a minute).  This also tends to improve the accuracy of whatever statistics the pool supports.

Tipjars: BTC 1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2 LTC LTipsVC7XaFy9M6Zaf1aGGe8w8xVUeWFvR | My Bitcoin Note Generator | Pool Auto-Switchers: zpool MiningPoolHub NiceHash
Bitgem Resources: Pool Explorer Paper Wallet
redargon

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 10:25:26 PM

Hi MPH Admin,

I have been mining the multi-port scrypt algo on your site for a week or so and have autoexchange set to Ethereum. All the scrypt coins are exchanging fine except for SXC. It's been stuck on "credited for autoexchange", but never moves to "on exchange". There are about 2000 coins waiting. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 384 »
  Print  

Jump to: