Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:38:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] YACMiner - AMD GPU miner for Scrypt-Chacha, N-Scrypt, and Scrypt coins  (Read 47337 times)
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:32:18 AM

Last person who told me this was actually launching a diffeent version of yacminer someone on his machine as he wasn't using the "./" before yacminer when launching.  launch with a -V to get the correct version number.  Try launching with a -I set and change to raw intensity through the interface (so long as you have curses) - it's on the same menu as intensity, so hit "G" and then hit "A" if it's on the menu.  If it isn't , what the heck are you doing???  Cool

I compiled 3.5...how would I be using a different version? :p
I'm a noob with linux but I don't do magic xD

Ok, I can change rawintensity whilst it's running. 5120 worked, got up to 145kh/s per r9 290 at stock under linux 32bit, using 4gb of ram only. I can't start it with it set though.

How do you compile it to get temperature readings? I'm at a loss...copied ADL in there and it didn't work.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Thirtybird (OP)

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:33:41 AM

Last person who told me this was actually launching a diffeent version of yacminer someone on his machine as he wasn't using the "./" before yacminer when launching.  launch with a -V to get the correct version number.  Try launching with a -I set and change to raw intensity through the interface (so long as you have curses) - it's on the same menu as intensity, so hit "G" and then hit "A" if it's on the menu.  If it isn't , what the heck are you doing???  Cool

Ok, I can change rawintensity whilst it's running. 5120 worked, got up to 145kh/s per r9 290 at stock under linux 32bit, using 4gb of ram only. I can't start it with it set though.

How do you compile it to get temperature readings? I'm at a loss...copied ADL in there and it didn't work.

Yep, just need to have the headers in the ADL_SDK directory.  when you run autogen.sh you'll get a summary and it will say whether ADL was found or not.  I do have issues if I launch it through RDP where fan and temp isn't available (because it detects rdp as a video driver or something so opencl devices and adl devices don't match) - someone else has the same thing with linux, but this is how it's always been for me (even with version of cgminer etc.)

YACMiner: https://github.com/Thirtybird/YACMiner  N-Factor information : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3vcsuY-JFNdC1ITWJrSG9VeWp6QXppbVgxcm0tbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
BTC: 183eSsaxG9y6m2ZhrDhHueoKnZWmbm6jfC  YAC: Y4FKiwKKYGQzcqn3M3u6mJoded6ri1UWHa
ivanlabrie

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:04:09 AM

Yep, just need to have the headers in the ADL_SDK directory.  when you run autogen.sh you'll get a summary and it will say whether ADL was found or not.  I do have issues if I launch it through RDP where fan and temp isn't available (because it detects rdp as a video driver or something so opencl devices and adl devices don't match) - someone else has the same thing with linux, but this is how it's always been for me (even with version of cgminer etc.)

Well, all the pre-installed miners do report temps. :/
Maybe I need to compile them with a monitor first before going headless?
Thirtybird (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:20:59 PM

Well, all the pre-installed miners do report temps. :/
Maybe I need to compile them with a monitor first before going headless?

pre-installed??

YACMiner: https://github.com/Thirtybird/YACMiner  N-Factor information : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3vcsuY-JFNdC1ITWJrSG9VeWp6QXppbVgxcm0tbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
BTC: 183eSsaxG9y6m2ZhrDhHueoKnZWmbm6jfC  YAC: Y4FKiwKKYGQzcqn3M3u6mJoded6ri1UWHa
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 03:41:19 PM

I have been trying the new yacminer version on bitleu, but so far I got only driver crash.
I have been using this config on the previous version 3.4.2-yac2 without any problem on a R9 290x
What would I need to change, to get it work with the new version ?
I changed so far scrypt into scrypt-chacha.

{
"pools" : [
   {
      "url" : "127.0.0.1:8877",
      "nfmin" : "4",
      "nfmax" : "30",
      "starttime" : "1394480376",
      "user" : "dom",
      "pass" : "password"
   }
]
"xintensity" : "96",
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "512",
"kernel" : "scrypt-chacha",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "16897",
"shaders" : "2816",
"gpu-engine" : "1030",

Thanks for your help.

that should be all you have to change.  start with xintensity of 4
I tried it but it didn't work. The program just hanged then the driver crashed.
I try it from a version I compiled from the source as well with the binaries (hoping I made a mistake somewhere...) but in both cases yacminer crashed.

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
halibit
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:42:00 PM

YAC: R7 240 4GB
Code:
--scrypt-chacha --buffer-size 3376 --no-submit-stale  -w 256 --rawintensity 1280 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-threads 1
2.9 Kh/s

MicroCoin: crappy 7950 3GB
Code:
--scrypt-chacha --starttime 1389028879 --buffer-size 2100 --lookup-gap 2 -w 256 --rawintensity 6400 --queue 0 --scan-time 2 --expiry 4 --gpu-threads 1
110 Kh/s

still testing

for MRC weird A and U (U=80)
For MRC Works with 7950 with 6GB RAM, but not with 4GB RAM computers.
Any tips  Huh
hmc_b

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:59:03 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 06:21:57 PM by hmc_b

For me rI only works when I set it manually on kubuntu. Yacminer 3.5.0-yac2; R7 240 1x 4GB, ADL is installed.

I have got an older gpu driver, but that should not interfere with yacminer?
ivanlabrie

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:48:42 PM

Pre-installed as in, I'm using Smos, a BAMT fork thing.

It's a pre built iso with mining soft, I'm sure you know it (?)
Thirtybird (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:13:00 PM

For me rI only works when I set it manually on kubuntu. Yacminer 3.5.0-yac2; R7 240 1x 4GB, ADL is installed.

did you post your command line somewhere?

Thirtybird (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:18:27 PM

nope - pure windows guy here.  I have one linux box that I test compilation on, but it's my HTPC and I dont have the proprietary amd gpu drivers on it, so it doesn't mine.

ivanlabrie

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:51:53 PM

nope - pure windows guy here.  I have one linux box that I test compilation on, but it's my HTPC and I dont have the proprietary amd gpu drivers on it, so it doesn't mine.

Sad

No prob, mining heavycoin now...I'll try compiling it on my main rig using linux and then flashing that iso to the pendrives at the farm.

Thanks anyway, you rock.
hmc_b

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:34:51 AM

#!/bin/sh
export DISPLAY=:0
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
export GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100
cd /home/bab5/YACMiner-master
./yacminer --scrypt-chacha -I 8 --thread-concurrency 24576 --worksize 128 -g 2 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-engine 1100 --gpu-memclock 1000

If I put -R 640 or similar in there this happens:

bab5@bab5-desktop:~$ ./yac_mine.sh
 [2014-03-17 08:33:31] ./yacminer: -R:                     
bab5@bab5-desktop:~$
burningzoul

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:36:27 PM

Mining Bitleu with yacminer, I am getting these results:

7950-> 2.8mh
r9 270 -> 1,6 mh

can somebody confirm if these are optimal, or what is a benchmark number for these cards? i have no idea if i am doing below or average hashrate:))))
dilong321

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:55:08 PM

who can help me config 270x and 7970 mining bileu Sad

Thirtybird (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:06:18 PM

#!/bin/sh
export DISPLAY=:0
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
export GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100
cd /home/bab5/YACMiner-master
./yacminer --scrypt-chacha -I 8 --thread-concurrency 24576 --worksize 128 -g 2 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-engine 1100 --gpu-memclock 1000

If I put -R 640 or similar in there this happens:

bab5@bab5-desktop:~$ ./yac_mine.sh
 [2014-03-17 08:33:31] ./yacminer: -R:                    
bab5@bab5-desktop:~$

Well, if that's the ONLY output, then based on that, it's only one of a couple things :

[2014-03-17 10:36:55] yacminer: -R: requires an argument
 [2014-03-17 10:50:18] yacminer: -R: Invalid value passed to set raw intensity
 [2014-03-17 10:37:02] yacminer: -R: unrecognized option
 [2014-03-17 10:53:42] yacminer: -R: Invalid parameters for raw intensity

Two of which are produced by any code I've had to touch(part of libccan), and the code for -I is identical for parsing the parameters.  If the library wasn't working or was different from what's included in the source, then -I would not work either, so I'm leaning towards the second or third option, and my guess would be that it isn't the latest code or you're executing a different binary if you compiled 3.5.0 yourself.  run

./yacminer -V
and
./yacminer --help

let's see that output...

With that said though, There is a missing return value in the set_rawintensity routine (all the other ones return NULL, this one could return garbage I guess).  I've added that return value and committed it.  If you've checked the other issues and know that's not it, pull the latest version from github, compile it and try that.  I'd like to know either way if it works or does not.

hmc_b

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:09:17 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 07:28:55 PM by hmc_b

Well, if that's the ONLY output, then based on that, it's only one of a couple things :

[2014-03-17 10:36:55] yacminer: -R: requires an argument
 [2014-03-17 10:50:18] yacminer: -R: Invalid value passed to set raw intensity
 [2014-03-17 10:37:02] yacminer: -R: unrecognized option
 [2014-03-17 10:53:42] yacminer: -R: Invalid parameters for raw intensity

Two of which are produced by any code I've had to touch(part of libccan), and the code for -I is identical for parsing the parameters.  If the library wasn't working or was different from what's included in the source, then -I would not work either, so I'm leaning towards the second or third option, and my guess would be that it isn't the latest code or you're executing a different binary if you compiled 3.5.0 yourself.  run

./yacminer -V
and
./yacminer --help

let's see that output...

With that said though, There is a missing return value in the set_rawintensity routine (all the other ones return NULL, this one could return garbage I guess).  I've added that return value and committed it.  If you've checked the other issues and know that's not it, pull the latest version from github, compile it and try that.  I'd like to know either way if it works or does not.

So tried updating my system, saw that it did not update anymore, changed server and it worked again. So tried after that to recompile. Did not work. At least I dodged the embarassment of forgotten updates. Cheesy

Next thing downloaded everything from github again, recompiled and then no error. But still just I set, so removed I from script and now its rI.

Awesome, somebody can buy himself some cocktail or asian takeout when I get some coins together. Thank you!

For completion the requested infos:

bab5@bab5-desktop:~/YACMiner-master$ ./yacminer --help
yacminer 3.5.0-yac2
Built with GPU scrypt mining support.
Usage: ./yacminer [-BDdGEgIXRKklmpPQqsTouvwOchnV]
Options for both config file and command line:
--api-allow <arg>   Allow API access only to the given list of [G:]IP[/Prefix] addresses[/subnets]
--api-description <arg> Description placed in the API status header, default: cgminer version
--api-groups <arg>  API one letter groups G:cmd:cmd[,P:cmd:*...] defining the cmds a groups can use
--api-listen        Enable API, default: disabled
--api-network       Allow API (if enabled) to listen on/for any address, default: only 127.0.0.1
--api-port <arg>    Port number of miner API (default: 4028)
--auto-fan          Automatically adjust all GPU fan speeds to maintain a target temperature
--auto-gpu          Automatically adjust all GPU engine clock speeds to maintain a target temperature
--balance           Change multipool strategy from failover to even share balance
--benchmark         Run cgminer in benchmark mode - produces no shares
--buffer-size|-B <arg> Set OpenCL Buffer size in MB for scrypt mining, comma separated
--compact           Use compact display without per device statistics
--debug|-D          Enable debug output
--device|-d <arg>   Select device to use, one value, range and/or comma separated (e.g. 0-2,4) default: all
--disable-gpu|-G    Disable GPU mining even if suitable devices exist
--disable-rejecting Automatically disable pools that continually reject shares
--expiry|-E <arg>   Upper bound on how many seconds after getting work we consider a share from it stale (default: 60)
--failover-only     Don't leak work to backup pools when primary pool is lagging
--fix-protocol      Do not redirect to a different getwork protocol (eg. stratum)
--gpu-dyninterval <arg> Set the refresh interval in ms for GPUs using dynamic intensity (default: 7)
--gpu-platform <arg> Select OpenCL platform ID to use for GPU mining (default: -1)
--gpu-threads|-g <arg> Number of threads per GPU - one value or comma separated list (e.g. 1,2,1)
--gpu-engine <arg>  GPU engine (over)clock range in Mhz - one value, range and/or comma separated list (e.g. 850-900,900,750-850)
--gpu-fan <arg>     GPU fan percentage range - one value, range and/or comma separated list (e.g. 0-85,85,65)
--gpu-map <arg>     Map OpenCL to ADL device order manually, paired CSV (e.g. 1:0,2:1 maps OpenCL 1 to ADL 0, 2 to 1)
--gpu-memclock <arg> Set the GPU memory (over)clock in Mhz - one value for all or separate by commas for per card
--gpu-memdiff <arg> Set a fixed difference in clock speed between the GPU and memory in auto-gpu mode
--gpu-powertune <arg> Set the GPU powertune percentage - one value for all or separate by commas for per card
--gpu-reorder       Attempt to reorder GPU devices according to PCI Bus ID
--gpu-vddc <arg>    Set the GPU voltage in Volts - one value for all or separate by commas for per card
--lookup-gap <arg>  Set GPU lookup gap for scrypt mining, comma separated
--intensity|-I <arg> Intensity of GPU scanning (d or -10 -> 20, default: d to maintain desktop interactivity)
--xintensity|-X <arg> Shader based intensity of GPU scanning (1 to 9999), overrides --intensity|-I.
--rawintensity|-R <arg> Raw intensity of GPU scanning (1 to 2147483647), overrides --intensity|-I and --xintensity|-X.
--kernel-path|-K <arg> Specify a path to where bitstream and kernel files are (default: "/usr/local/bin")
--kernel|-k <arg>   Override sha256 kernel to use (diablo, poclbm, phatk or diakgcn) - one value or comma separated
--load-balance      Change multipool strategy from failover to efficiency based balance
--log|-l <arg>      Interval in seconds between log output (default: 5)
--lowmem            Minimise caching of shares for low memory applications
--monitor|-m <arg>  Use custom pipe cmd for output messages
--net-delay         Impose small delays in networking to not overload slow routers
--nfmin <arg>       Set min N factor for mining scrypt-chacha and N-Scrypt coins (4 to 40)
--nfmax <arg>       Set max N factor for mining scrypt-chacha and N-Scrypt coins (4 to 40)
--no-adl            Disable the ATI display library used for monitoring and setting GPU parameters
--no-restart        Do not attempt to restart GPUs that hang
--no-submit-stale   Don't submit shares if they are detected as stale
--nscrypt           Use the adaptive N-Factor scrypt algorithm for mining
--pass|-p <arg>     Password for bitcoin JSON-RPC server
--per-device-stats  Force verbose mode and output per-device statistics
--protocol-dump|-P  Verbose dump of protocol-level activities
--queue|-Q <arg>    Minimum number of work items to have queued (0+) (default: 1)
--quiet|-q          Disable logging output, display status and errors
--real-quiet        Disable all output
--remove-disabled   Remove disabled devices entirely, as if they didn't exist
--rotate <arg>      Change multipool strategy from failover to regularly rotate at N minutes (default: 0)
--round-robin       Change multipool strategy from failover to round robin on failure
--scan-time|-s <arg> Upper bound on time spent scanning current work, in seconds (default: 15)
--sched-start <arg> Set a time of day in HH:MM to start mining (a once off without a stop time)
--sched-stop <arg>  Set a time of day in HH:MM to stop mining (will quit without a start time)
--scrypt            Use the scrypt algorithm for mining
--scrypt-chacha     Use the scrypt-chacha algorithm for mining (aka scrypt-jane)
--shaders <arg>     GPU shaders per card for tuning scrypt, comma separated
--sharelog <arg>    Append share log to file
--shares <arg>      Quit after mining N shares (default: unlimited)
--socks-proxy <arg> Set socks4 proxy (host:port)
--starttime <arg>   Set nStartTime for mining scrypt-jane and N-Scrypt coins
--syslog            Use system log for output messages (default: standard error)
--temp-cutoff <arg> Temperature where a device will be automatically disabled, one value or comma separated list (default: 95)
--temp-hysteresis <arg> Set how much the temperature can fluctuate outside limits when automanaging speeds (default: 3)
--temp-overheat <arg> Overheat temperature when automatically managing fan and GPU speeds, one value or comma separated list (default: 85)
--temp-target <arg> Target temperature when automatically managing fan and GPU speeds, one value or comma separated list (default: 75)
--text-only|-T      Disable ncurses formatted screen output
--thread-concurrency <arg> Set GPU thread concurrency for scrypt mining, comma separated
--url|-o <arg>      URL for bitcoin JSON-RPC server
--user|-u <arg>     Username for bitcoin JSON-RPC server
--vectors|-v <arg>  Override detected optimal vector (1, 2 or 4) - one value or comma separated list
--verbose           Log verbose output to stderr as well as status output
--worksize|-w <arg> Override detected optimal worksize - one value or comma separated list
--userpass|-O <arg> Username:Password pair for bitcoin JSON-RPC server
--worktime          Display extra work time debug information
Options for command line only:
--config|-c <arg>   Load a JSON-format configuration file
See example.conf for an example configuration.
--default-config <arg> Specify the filename of the default config file
Loaded at start and used when saving without a name.
--help|-h           Print this message
--ndevs|-n          Display number of detected GPUs, OpenCL platform information, and exit
--version|-V        Display version and exit
bab5@bab5-desktop:~/YACMiner-master$
Thirtybird (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:26:37 PM

So, I'm going to chalk that up to a bug in the code that is now fixed in source - Thanks for the help in squashing it!

kqpahv

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:59:34 PM

Been messing with it for hours now and I cant use any of the Nfmin,Nfmax or StartT settings or yac miner will just close in milliseconds. As soon as I remove these parameters it starts but will be useless for me  Cry

yacminer --scrypt-chacha --worksize 256 --thread-concurrency 16384 -g2 -I 12 --lookup-gap 4
-o stratum+tcp://mrceu.nut2pools.com:6000 -u user.d -p xxx --Nfmin 4 --Nfmax 30 --StartT 1389028879

Can anyone please help me point out whats wrong here ? Tried the other kernel, --scrypt etc.
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:12:50 PM

Been messing with it for hours now and I cant use any of the Nfmin,Nfmax or StartT settings or yac miner will just close in milliseconds. As soon as I remove these parameters it starts but will be useless for me  Cry

yacminer --scrypt-chacha --worksize 256 --thread-concurrency 16384 -g2 -I 12 --lookup-gap 4
-o stratum+tcp://mrceu.nut2pools.com:6000 -u user.d -p xxx --Nfmin 4 --Nfmax 30 --StartT 1389028879

Can anyone please help me point out whats wrong here ? Tried the other kernel, --scrypt etc.

change Nfmin to nfmin, Nfmax to nfmax and StartT to starttime
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:16:22 PM

One little bug I have noticed is that in 1 out of ~5 launches the config settings for gpu-engine and gpu-memclock are not used, the GPUs end up running at their stock values.  I have noticed it on 3 of my systems.

Not a big issue as you ca either just re-launch or change the settings from within but just bringing it to light.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: