Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:56:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin  (Read 137220 times)
Moebius327

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:09:25 AM

Highly skilled monkeys is more likely.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:18:22 AM

Hey Aircoinnguys, this is where you step in to prevent a crash !

AIR is one BTC away from crashing BAD
Thanks for the tip. Even I bought some @ 0.001  Kiss   
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:18:33 AM

Wow, I blinked and missed out. What I can't figure is how did someone place a Sell order for .001 when the next highest sell was .014? Seems like someone is trying to test the market.

Edit: nevermind, missed some of the history. Just a good old fashioned dump.
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 09:19:02 AM

Well I see some blatant price manipulation going on.
Someone's buying and selling at double price to himself.
Maybe it'll stop the crash but this is not the level of sophistication I was expecting. Or are you doing that, Moebius ?

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
eightspaces

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:20:27 AM

Maybe it'll stop the crash but this is not the level of sophistication I was expecting. Or are you doing that, Moebius ?
Grin
AIRcoin (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:21:19 AM

Wasn't the automated trading program supposed to provide liquidity ? Spread is huge right now.
I'm also wondering where the team of highly skilled traders is. Wait... Not working in shifts ?
I hope I'm wrong and there is angood explanation for this.
I'm sending some BTC over to poloniex

We saw nearly 1000 coins dumped at once, without warning, dropping the price down to .001, in other words, someone sold 1.2% of all of the non-premined coins at once. We changed programs and are now are stabilizing the market. Prices have already bounced back. It was possibly coordinated as a way to test our reaction times, and definitely was far and away more volume than we expected to have to react to, and we've changed tactics to reflect that.
eightspaces

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:22:01 AM

Wasn't the automated trading program supposed to provide liquidity ? Spread is huge right now.
I'm also wondering where the team of highly skilled traders is. Wait... Not working in shifts ?

We saw nearly 1000 coins dumped at once, without warning, dropping the price down to .001, in other words, someone sold 1.2% of all of the mined coins at once. We changed programs and are now are stabilizing the market. Prices have already bounced back. It was possibly coordinated as a way to test our reaction times, and definitely was far and away more volume than we expected to have to react to.

does that mean u sell the premine for BTC profit in order to bounce the market back Huh
Moebius327

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:31:51 AM

does that mean u sell the premine for BTC profit in order to bounce the market back Huh

He is not going to answer that question. I asked a similar question on page 30 and got no response.

Can you elaborate on your price regulation plans? Are you planning to invest some bitcoins in the regulation pool as well?
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:32:45 AM

Thanks for your cheap coins. Bought @0,001

Now fasten seat belts.  Grin
Well done. I only got scraps there, but more a little higher
AIRcoin (OP)

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:33:25 AM

He is not going to answer that question. I asked a similar question on page 30 and got no response.

Can you elaborate on your price regulation plans? Are you planning to invest some bitcoins in the regulation pool as well?

We've answered it a few times before, but we have BTC in the pool.
Moebius327

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:37:59 AM

Alexander, don't expect newcomers to browse trough 50 pages to find an answer to one of the most important questions. You should update OP with FAQ. HOW are you going to acquire BTC for the trading pool? Selling from the premine? Are you investing your own coins?

adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:39:14 AM

We saw nearly 1000 coins dumped at once, without warning, dropping the price down to .001,

There was something of a warning though. We first saw the bid thin out. Then no substantial bids for quite a few minutes. Then sales being ticked down, and no one coming in to support the market. I was bidding and kept pulling my bid back as the small bids underneath me vanished form the screen. That is just the kind of situation and experienced trader would know could lead to a panic.

It's not about the 1000 coin dump but also about the way the market began to look very very soft, and with it being a new controversial coin that's exactly when we might see exactly what happened
eightspaces

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:43:30 AM

What does that mean?

Could you please answer my question with a yes or no? Thank u!

otherwise I am out, no transparency is a no go
coinme.info

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:52:14 AM

What does that mean?

This is from the OP on page 1.

The 0.25% premine is exclusively for an investment pool that will day trade the coin (in various forms) against other cryptocurrencies. By growing the total BTC equivalent of this coin, the profits will be spend back on the AIR/BTC exchange rate, buying up for sale coins and raising the exchange rate long term. The Allied Investors trading floor, utilizing existing Cryptocurrency markets, can increase the rate by 5% per week. This approximately doubles the exchange rate every 3 months.
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:56:28 AM

What does that mean?

Did they begin with BTC in the pool or did they sell the premine for BTC??
AIRcoin (OP)

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:57:00 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 04:14:05 PM by AIRcoin

My concerns are that you are not disclosing who you are for a start and that there is nowhere near enough transparency about your methodology.

I also think the algo space will probably become too crowded, and that this will impact any projections you've made.
Are you and your team doing this for free? If not can you explain how you will be remunerated?

Good luck with it. I'll watch for now.

We choose to keep our individual identities anonymous to protect ourselves, but we are a US-based business behind the AIRcoin software. Our methods are explained in detail on our website (teamaircoin.org), and if you have specific questions, we can give detailed answers. Our team is paid.

I have a question to Alexander:

The block reward has been fixed at 3.72 AIR per block and will readjust according to the exchange rate to promote stability and growth over the long term.

When is the block reward getting readjusted? Are there any plans, that will be made public soon? Milestones etc.? Will you bring more transparency regarding the investment pool?

We will wait until AIRcoin is listed on more exchanges before switching to the new block reward algorithm, to prevent one exchange from having the power to dictate the block reward. For example, a miner can stockpile coins and them dump them (or organize a DDoS against the exchanges) during an inactive time, taking advantage of the temporarily increased block reward for a few blocks until prices stabilize. This also gives us a little more time to do some additional testing. 3 Exchanges is sufficient redundancy to prevent this from happening, as the chances of multiple exchanges crashing at the same time becomes exponentially less likely as more are added.

As for the investment pool, we're going to release AIRcoin: The First 24 Hours, to outline its formation, function, and investment in the first 24 hours we had of trading. Expect this release very soon. After that, we will put out weekly releases and begin listing live data on our website.

A few remarks from the whitepaper.
Yet, from my own contacts at three of the largest financial institutions, I had confirmed my fears:
Bitcoin, in its current state, was unusable as a financial asset
So the boneheads who brought us the Global Financial Crisis, who can't even turn a profit without a government "subsidy", who are being bailed out, still, as we speak by selling their toxic MBS's to the Fed,  think it won't work. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-06-18/dear-mr-dimon-is-your-bank-getting-corporate-welfare-.html

[Suspicious link removed]j.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303763804579183680751473884  The "suspicious link is this article...Andrew Huszar: Confessions of a Quantitative Easer, and can be found with google.

Why would anyone take what they have to say on this seriously?

If you want to know how Bitcoin is going to be regulated, or how seriously it is taken in financial business, you have to ask the people with the power to do it. As many staunch believers there are in Bitcoin, surprisingly few of them have control over multi-billion dollar businesses or extremely large government reserves. Whether the cryptocurrency community agrees with federal policy or not, they move mountains, and Bitcoin remains a relative pebble.

These companies,overnight, can assemble a team of developers and pay them more money than the entire cumulative value of the entire Bitcoin Foundation, and within weeks, develop a financial weapon that would end the future of Bitcoin as we know it.
Well I agree these guys are pretty good at destroying things, but Alexander you really need to explain what you are raving about here, rather than  scare-mongering.

It means exactly as written: If, for instance, one company that makes $20+ billion per year spends a fraction of its budget to do what some programmer do for free, they would be about to out-compete nearly every Cryptocurrency in existence, and quite easily, and have the strength to make it a government-enforced corner on Cryptocurrency. If you don't believe that, then don't worry. Beyond that, there is very little we are allowed to say on the issue.

What does that mean?

It isn't simple, but the process is described on our website. In essence: when the price rises dramatically, portions of the premine are sold for BTC. That BTC is invested in other markets, grown, and then used to purchase back AIRcoin. In addition, we have our own BTC that also supports the market in the event of sudden crashes. I'm sorry if our answer wasn't clear. There are lots of responses, and we are trying to address them quickly.

Alexander, don't expect newcomers to browse trough 50 pages to find an answer to one of the most important questions. You should update OP with FAQ. HOW are you going to acquire BTC for the trading pool? Selling from the premine? Are you investing your own coins?

We have a FAQ on our website, but it does need updating. The answer (same as immediately above) is yes, to both. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a use for the premine at all if it wasn't used as trading leverage to prop the price up.
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:58:18 AM

The 0.25% premine is exclusively for an investment pool that will day trade the coin (in various forms) against other cryptocurrencies. By growing the total BTC equivalent of this coin, the profits will be spend back on the AIR/BTC exchange rate, buying up for sale coins and raising the exchange rate long term. The Allied Investors trading floor, utilizing existing Cryptocurrency markets, can increase the rate by 5% per week. This approximately doubles the exchange rate every 3 months.
So did you sell AIR in the market to get BTC. I actually don't care but it would be nice to clear it up. Thanks
hughjays77

Activity: 728
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:01:37 AM

Some people just refuse to read  Undecided Let them try to manipulate the market. Im pretty sure Alexander will fix them just right  Roll Eyes

What does that mean?

Moebius327

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:02:11 AM

Thanks for the answers. This clears things up for me. Looking forward to "AIRcoin: The First 24 Hours"!
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:04:34 AM

If you want to know how Bitcoin is going to be regulated, or how seriously it is taken in financial business, you have to ask the people with the power to do it.
If only we lived in a democracy. We could tell them how to do it. Oh well.

These companies,overnight, can assemble a team of developers and pay them more money than the entire cumulative value of the entire Bitcoin Foundation, and within weeks, develop a financial weapon that would end the future of Bitcoin as we know it.
No they can't.
Alexander, you have provided no reasoning, no evidence, no explanation.
All you seem to have is a belief in the omnipotence of these guys, which you insist everyone must share.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: