Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 10:32:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin  (Read 137229 times)
Turpomann

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:21:44 PM

This coin is not profitable to mine anymore. Actually, it's nearly impossible to mine, except for big rigs. Also price is not nearly what was promised. Devs couldn't keep their promise even for one day.  Angry

I apologize my rally english. | (COMM) CVHe5HzG61dq7yULUKss9xzYzWzJnenFBN
nigttran

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:23:14 PM

just curious how exactly devs will handle snowball effect.

Someone dumped 1600 coins and completely crushed the price. Price went back up but miners have left and it gets more tempting to dump. More dumps -> more miners leave. Snowballing into lower value. It also goes the other way around of course.

Miner leave --> diff low --> easy mining --> price dump --> miner leave --> diff low...
Because Kimoto Gray Well diff added when the coin strong yet!

So what coin add KGW diff then no mine soon. Wait miner leave then come back. Hehe.
sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:53:06 PM

This coin is not profitable to mine anymore. Actually, it's nearly impossible to mine, except for big rigs. Also price is not nearly what was promised. Devs couldn't keep their promise even for one day.  Angry

What promise have they broken?

The price is still above their prediction.

In my opinion, we don't really want it to be easier to mine at the moment, we want to thin out the potential dumpers, not add to them.
Real_GM

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:57:37 PM

We have to remember one unique aspect of Aircoin, it is designed to grow slowly. The Devs did promise us the price despite massive dumps that are occurring.

Aircoin tests our patience and so far, even with the reduced hashrate and lower price, seems like an alright investment.

It is just one day on an exchange, I don't know why people are so impatient. Price don't usually spike until a week or so later if not longer.

Right now the Aircoin team and the community should try to device a way to spend the coin for things to stimulate it's circulation (As others have suggested).

HiroCoin: H9uXWhiYxeQ8MZTYeVFhth21LiZrWyNgpY
kache

Activity: 140

Bored

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:11:38 PM

We have to remember one unique aspect of Aircoin, it is designed to grow slowly. The Devs did promise us the price despite massive dumps that are occurring.

Aircoin tests our patience and so far, even with the reduced hashrate and lower price, seems like an alright investment.

It is just one day on an exchange, I don't know why people are so impatient. Price don't usually spike until a week or so later if not longer.

Right now the Aircoin team and the community should try to device a way to spend the coin for things to stimulate it's circulation (As others have suggested).
People are impatient BECAUSE MINING REWARDS WILL INCREASE SOON! When that happens, the supply will skyrocket FASTER than the demand, thus pushing the prices even lower.
All of us that spent so much hashing power on the coin at the beginning, when getting 50 coins was HARD (I had over 50MH/s on it) NEED to sell at least at 0.003 to ROI off the investment.
Yet we see that despite all the talks about a big team of economic experts and a awesome trading software that's supposed to keep the price high enough to be worth mining, the value keeps tanking and tanking, and it's currently HALF of what we need to ROI.
I really hope the devs won't introduce the variable reward before bringing price up above 0.003 at least for a few hours to allow us miners that supported the coin since the beginning to ROI off our investment before the price tanks again with increased reward, because if I end only getting 30% ROI I'll make sure to push people away from this coin as much as possible in the future.

Rig: http://www.betarigs.com/rig/257
BTC: 15rBivhPYhVnQsgVHucNXHy5b66bUn6njM
Doge: DSdsJdTrmXSAZCdNi1iQ7zEo8nH1iBWGQv
sussex

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:19:16 PM

People are impatient BECAUSE MINING REWARDS WILL INCREASE SOON! When that happens, the supply will skyrocket FASTER than the demand, thus pushing the prices even lower.
All of us that spent so much hashing power on the coin at the beginning, when getting 50 coins was HARD (I had over 50MH/s on it) NEED to sell at least at 0.003 to ROI off the investment.
Yet we see that despite all the talks about a big team of economic experts and a awesome trading software that's supposed to keep the price high enough to be worth mining, the value keeps tanking and tanking, and it's currently HALF of what we need to ROI.
I really hope the devs won't introduce the variable reward before bringing price up above 0.003 at least for a few hours to allow us miners that supported the coin since the beginning to ROI off our investment before the price tanking again with increased reward, because if I end only getting 30% of the ROI I'll make sure to push people away from this coin as much as possible in the future.

Well, that just sounds like a hollow threat, you're demanding action to allow you to dump at the price you want or you're going to dump anyway?  Huh

And you need to check your miners or your maths, there's no way you had 50mh/s on it at the start and struggled to get 50 coins - I speak from experience.

Edit:

And, it sounds like you don't fully understand the mechanics of the coin.
Turpomann

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:21:15 PM

I'm okay with nearly impossible mining(5-10 AIR/day). For me the mining reward is the price of the coin. I really hope they don't plan to make block rewards bigger. That would destroy coin price even more.

arniebaby

Activity: 279

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:24:11 PM

I really hope the devs won't introduce the variable reward before bringing price up above 0.003 at least for a few hours to allow us miners that supported the coin since the beginning to ROI off our investment before the price tanking again with increased reward, because if I end only getting 30% of the ROI I'll make sure to push people away from this coin as much as possible in the future.
[/quote]

Well, that just sounds like a hollow threat, you're demanding action to allow you to dump at the price you want or you're going to dump anyway?  Huh

And you need to check your miners or your maths, there's no way you had 50mh/s on it at the start and struggled to get 50 coins - I speak from experience.

Edit:

[/quote]
+1

NARNIE-YYITR3-V6BVJ7-GGR5EO-GRIZZ2-WEMD4A-AAUD
NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM
kache

Activity: 140

Bored

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:26:23 PM

I'm gonna dump anyway (I'm putting a maximum limit of a week, after which I'll take my losses and move on).
But I'd rather move on with a good impression of the coin, rather than a bad one.

I had 50mh of rented rigs on it for about 12 hours, and 65MH+ for 3 hours, right before it was listed on the exchange. Woke up in the morning with 60AIR.
Proof:

Please, enlighten me.

Rig: http://www.betarigs.com/rig/257
BTC: 15rBivhPYhVnQsgVHucNXHy5b66bUn6njM
Doge: DSdsJdTrmXSAZCdNi1iQ7zEo8nH1iBWGQv
sussex

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:28:09 PM

I'm okay with nearly impossible mining(5-10 AIR/day). For me the mining reward is the price of the coin. I really hope they don't plan to make block rewards bigger. That would destroy coin price even more.

As I understand it, block rewards will only increase to control crazily rising prices - a falling price, obviously, wouldn't require this action.
sussex

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:31:49 PM

I'm gonna dump anyway (I'm putting a maximum limit of a week, after which I'll take my losses and move on).
But I'd rather move on with a good impression of the coin, rather than a bad one.

I had 50mh of rented rigs on it for about 12 hours, and 65MH+ for 3 hours, right before it was listed on the exchange. Woke up in the morning with 60AIR.
Proof:

Please, enlighten me.

"All of us that spent so much hashing power on the coin at the beginning, "

Right, renting 50mh/s of rigs for 12 hours before it went on Poloniex is not the same as having 50mh/s from the beginning, is it? Renting rigs is risky, isn't it?

So, you want it to suit your investment, stop pretending that you speak for all miners.

See my previous post about the mechanics.

Edit:

And, as I typed this, the price goes up again - patience is a virtue, so I am told.  Wink
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:39:00 PM

You take too many thins for granted and literally.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Moebius327

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:39:39 PM

I am observing the trades for the past hour. There is a big market manipulation going on right now. Someone big wants to enter the market. Do not sell your coins, you will regret that in a couple of days.
Juicemixer

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:40:43 PM

Three weeks ago the network hash as only in the 40 mhz range. I was mining 30 coins a day with my lowly 700k hash. With 91mhz that would have been more than double the entire network hash rate at that moment resulting in well over a thousand coins per day. In other words... you missed out.
Turpomann

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:44:21 PM

You take too many thins for granted and literally.
Yep, never trust anonymous promises. All I'm saying literally is that it's more profitable to mine Litecoin with current price/diff. ratio. That should tell you something.

JTB800

Activity: 284

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:58:30 PM

I really hope the devs won't introduce the variable reward before bringing price up above 0.003 at least for a few hours to allow us miners that supported the coin since the beginning to ROI off our investment before the price tanks again with increased reward, because if I end only getting 30% ROI I'll make sure to push people away from this coin as much as possible in the future.

Do any one of you stupid miners know how to read!?? It's right there on the front page -- you don't have to strain your teeny little brains at all.

They expected about .00115 -- it is above that! Now, get out! Get out right now! Nobody cares how much equipment you rented or which AMD card is the absolute best or how many f --in' hashes you are getting.

I hope you all lose big money and get out!

For the rest of you acting like the coin is some magic bean that rises and rises -- that is not what the devs said at all. Nor should you want that on the first few days of trading. The usual miners that rush to get in so that they can rush to get out should be allowed to flush away like the s--- they are. They are not here for any "community" or the idea or the concept or the execution of those ideas and concepts. They are, just like this Kache moron above, here to take your BTC and move on.
Cryptosapiens

Activity: 266

“A fool and his money are soon parted”

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:02:50 PM

Does anyone of you stupid miners know how to read!?? It's right there on the front page -- you don't have to strain your teeny little brains at all.

They expected about .00115 -- it is above that! Now, get out! Get out right now! Nobody cares how much equipment you rented or which AMD card is the absolute best or how many f --in' hashes you are getting.

I hope you all lose big money and get out!

For the rest of you acting like the coin is some magic bean that rises and rises -- that is not what the devs said at all. Nor should you want that on the first few days of trading. The usual miners that rush to get in so that they can rush to get out should be allowed to flush away like the s--- they are. They are not here for any "community" or the idea or the concept or the execution of those ideas and concepts. They are, just like this Kache moron above, here to take your BTC and move on.

Maybe a little blunt...but spot on!
Turpomann

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:12:08 PM

Net hashrate is dropping. It's barely over 500Mh/s anymore. And there is this lousy "pump" going on the poloniex with absolutely no buy support at all.

Poloniex Buy Orders Total: 1.49576004 BTC

Price is going down...

LTC is more profitable...

One day more and no one gives a shit about AIR anymore.

Cryptosapiens

Activity: 266

“A fool and his money are soon parted”

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:17:35 PM

Net hashrate is dropping. It's barely over 500Mh/s anymore. And there is this lousy "pump" going on the poloniex with absolutely no buy support at all.

Price is going down...

Why one day more...why not now? Please don´t leave the door open on your way out.
Turpomann

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:34:11 PM

Price is going down...

Why one day more...why not now? Please don´t leave the door open on your way out.
Last one to leave please turn off the lights.  Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: