Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:14:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use diversification?  (Read 4322 times)
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:21:42 AM

Yes, in all cases you need to diversify but holding hasn't been going well for 2018. I saw all my holdings go down big time and I have lost 99% of my portfolio by holding. Only if you are now trading regularly, buying and selling can you win in this bear market, unless you hold really good coins and can afford to hold them for several years IN THE HOPE that we might enter a bull run at some point and things get to be much better and we have a repeat of what happened in 2017. So far this year has been just for pump and dumpers and Youtube Influencers and whale groups.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
JunMel

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:22:29 AM

Diversification is a must in any investment really, you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket.

This doesn't mean that you should spend your money everywhere without doing any research though. The projects must be rock solid with a good roadmap and a strong team otherwise It's not different then investing everything you have in one alt.

In crypto business better not invest only one coin. Diversification is a good strategy their must always a back up plan in case the other coin your invested in is crashing down. If there's a bright future for other coins or even other business divert to that opportunity.
Ravenangel

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:42:15 AM

Diversifying is one of the proven ways of surviving in the crypto market, its not an easy thing but spreading your risks evenly across a number of crypto coins shields you from making massive losses when some of the coins dip in value. Not all of them will lose value in the long run, at the same time, some of the coins might do well than the others earning you more returns in the long run

Bitcoin to the moon
royalcrypt

Activity: 456

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:04:36 AM

Of course, I do. Diversification is the best way to prevent big losses. Another good policy is to average down coins in your portfolio at dips to keep our losses minimal and profits bigger when the market goes up.
MAXE

Activity: 434
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:08:29 PM

Diversification is the first thing I got acquainted with when I was studying to be an analyst, and I believe that for investment it is one of the most important principles.
phm

Activity: 378
Merit: 110

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:22:06 PM

Yes I do. I use diversification. I have around 10 different altcoins. Quite often I wanted to sell all and buy only one or two, but diversification is very important!

StarKay

Activity: 756
Merit: 16

We All Can Make It

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:33:42 PM

Diversification is a good strategy which I use frequently but I also put some of my profit in fiat to buy my favorite coin whenever it drops near it's ATL.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Dimanman113

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:58:31 PM

The very first rule of investment is diversification! I divided the capital into equal parts and 1/3 invested in the ICO, then in the fight for it.
leha-muzichuk

Activity: 101

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 08:01:30 PM

I'm 100% in altcoins. But it is better to use diversification risks. If the project falls - you will not lose all the money
eriwis

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:00:24 AM

For example, you have some altcoin (in my case it's Metaverse ETP) and you expect it to grow. But in a weak market, this altcoin behaves like bull and you have the opportunity now to sell it and buy an asset that looks weak in the market (for example Qash, Tierion, Nem, Odyssey or Republic Protocol) in order to get the greatest possible profit. Or leave a strong asset and wait for its further growth. What do you think about this?

The main reason for diversification is because we don't know what will happen in the future. And when you ask, that means you need it. Indeed, trends do not have to be the same, but an altcoin can be intentionally pumped. So if you have done enough research, I think dividing on a few coins will be better for portfolio balance.
Nekroser

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:07:06 AM

Of course I use. Without this, nothing at all. It is necessary to understand what risks exist and to have different amounts of funds in different places. Otherwise, you can lose everything at a time and it will be very sad. Here on the forum there are instructive stories on this topic.
DikkieD

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:11:57 AM

Hmm. You mention ETP. Got a few hundred only. Got them at ath and atl both...so my losses are halved Smiley. I could sell, but ETP was pretty high once (around $8), so I might choose to simply wait it out. There's a lot of potential in the metaverse project....I may hold Smiley
Beabtc11

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:15:37 AM

For example, you have some altcoin (in my case it's Metaverse ETP) and you expect it to grow. But in a weak market, this altcoin behaves like bull and you have the opportunity now to sell it and buy an asset that looks weak in the market (for example Qash, Tierion, Nem, Odyssey or Republic Protocol) in order to get the greatest possible profit. Or leave a strong asset and wait for its further growth. What do you think about this?

I think diversification strategy is a good one. But it depends on how where you invest. In trading it is very important that you will know how to manage your money in order to have low risk where you will invest. It is really a good strategy to spread your money in different coins to have low risk.
dongoofy

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:19:02 AM

That's one of the basics of investment. Without diversification, you would miss a lot of opportunity to earn more profit while at the same time, hedging your risks.
datento

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:23:31 AM

During this bearish market, i think what works most is the coin flipping. I like to watch some altcoin movement, i buy the weak hand and sell the little bull before it dip again.. I think this is the way everything coin has been behaving lately. But you have to be careful and always set you stoploss in case of any FUD news .
Tipstar

Activity: 1778
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:27:27 AM

Though I've used some form of diversification, above 90% of my funds are in a single coin. I know it's risky, but I'm too sure about the success of coin of my choice and don't want to get updated to a number of coins and their price fluctuations.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

zininaks

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:28:33 AM

Diversification is wise, especially because many of the altcoins are growing at a time when bitcoin is falling. The technology entrepreneur, Oliver Isaacs, writes “ " Protect yourself from volatility and don't put all your eggs in one basket. As with investing in the stock or foreign exchange market, it is necessary to diversify your funds as a risk reduction measure.”
Dimanman113

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:33:11 AM

Of course I diversify! this is the basic rule of investing and part of the money I keep in bitcoin always to buy more coins!
Open4lies

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:40:21 AM

I think it's a little bit risky cause it'll be very bad if you choose the wrong one Smiley. Of course it's also a good way to get maximum profit on crypto market but you need to be a professional trader or investor to be able to find out good time to do that Grin.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
Zaidaskin

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:46:29 AM

I think you should consider the daily volume first, and make an analysis of growth penetration. Because it is possible for a coin to gain momentum even in difficult situations at this time. But in general, diversification will be safer in any investment, and crypto is one of the most in need.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: