Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:57:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use diversification?  (Read 4319 times)
zelenkova

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:42:33 PM

I always said and govrju all people! that one should never keep eggs in one basket! it is always necessary to divide your capital into different sources of income, as well as to divide into different crypto coins, projects and funds! this is the main rule of any investor!
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BooMoon

Activity: 151
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:46:28 PM

I think diversification is a very good option because it reduces investment risk and maybe you can get more profit. Of course, it is very important to choose a good cryptocurrency. Don't just invest in some cryptic currencies that are very tempting. Prudent investment will make you more secure.
kongfuone

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:00:11 PM

Of course, diversification is the primary factor in encryption investment. This can effectively avoid risks and allow investment funds to fully play their role. Remember that diversification is not decentralized and cannot be confused.
ityandsyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:24:31 PM

For example, you have some altcoin (in my case it's Metaverse ETP) and you expect it to grow. But in a weak market, this altcoin behaves like bull and you have the opportunity now to sell it and buy an asset that looks weak in the market (for example Qash, Tierion, Nem, Odyssey or Republic Protocol) in order to get the greatest possible profit. Or leave a strong asset and wait for its further growth. What do you think about this?

Yes we need to diversify our holding but we need also to select the top ten altcoin which I think it's have a bright future, so that in case if there's a dump of one of our holding coin, we can avoid a huge looses, and we can recover quickly because of  the remaining coin in our wallet.
badykvik

Activity: 895
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:50:35 PM

For example, you have some altcoin (in my case it's Metaverse ETP) and you expect it to grow. But in a weak market, this altcoin behaves like bull and you have the opportunity now to sell it and buy an asset that looks weak in the market (for example Qash, Tierion, Nem, Odyssey or Republic Protocol) in order to get the greatest possible profit. Or leave a strong asset and wait for its further growth. What do you think about this?
From what you said and knowing how well it is good to always diversify and not keep all your eggs in one basket, I will also say that it is better to leave and hold a strong asset because it will become great in future as crypto grows rather than buying a weak one that might likely not be able to survive the crypto market.
erichall

Activity: 350
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:53:23 PM

Diversification is a must in any investment really, you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket.

This doesn't mean that you should spend your money everywhere without doing any research though. The projects must be rock solid with a good roadmap and a strong team otherwise It's not different then investing everything you have in one alt.

True but I find that too many people here tend to over diversify their investments with dozens to hundreds of coins which is not a good idea
erichall

Activity: 350
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:54:38 PM

From what you said and knowing how well it is good to always diversify and not keep all your eggs in one basket, I will also say that it is better to leave and hold a strong asset because it will become great in future as crypto grows rather than buying a weak one that might likely not be able to survive the crypto market.

Yup. I would add that if you believe in the asset you hold, there's nothing wrong with doing a little more gambling and putting more into that asset. Too diverse can sometimes mean less profit because of less risk taken..
teosanru

Activity: 2100
Merit: 618

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:06:25 PM

No matter where you invest, diversification is the key factor.
You cannot rely on a single coin because of the volatility. You really need to limit your risk by investing in multiple coins because that would minimize your risk.
If one coin fails to perform, then the other one will make up for it.
Godparticles

Activity: 141

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:18:10 PM

Yes, I think diversification can reduce risk. If you invest all your money in a cryptocurrency, it is very dangerous. If you die, you may lose all your money, so diversification is a very good investment. Choice, but also need to invest carefully.
CaMeRoNy

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:50:44 PM

Diversification of its risks is mandatory for all those who are engaged in investment. I personally hold 17 coins and still have 10 tokens of different projects.

RlanaS

Activity: 126
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:57:04 PM

Diversification only decreases your chance of complete elimination in the event a coin collapses. It is good when you get a cluster of high probability trades at once. diversification is important and yes I do diversify.
chanler

Activity: 753
Merit: 15

mulierum.com

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:57:52 PM

I commonly will use the diversification. In crypto, many things can happen. Therefore, to face all possibilities, in my opinion, diversifying the coins is the right choice to do. I will diversify my coins which are for trading, long-investing, and also some parts for short investment. So, I will diversify some coins although they are cheap, middle, and high price.

M U L I E R U M       |       Next Generation Blockchain-Powered Payment Platform For Social Media
//////////////////////////////////     TOKEN SALE     //     L  I  V  E     //////////////////////////////////
[  Telegram  ]     [    Twitter    ]     [   Medium   ]     [  LinkedIn  ]     [   Discord   ]     [  YouTube  ]
1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 06:16:49 PM

Diversification is quite simple in its definition but is very to implement it. Diversification is definitely needed for succeeding in this market, but it should be done wisely. You just cannot invest your amount in anything you come across only for the sake of diversification. You should do proper research about the coin or project before investing it. It is not easy to diversify the investments.
Cacaparg

Activity: 835
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 07:00:46 PM

Surely, it is  very useful advise not only  for  crypto business, it is  also very  good  advise for common life questions. diversification is the same for me as the sentence - Dont put all eggs in one basket))
bharatpatel

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

diceroll.xyz

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 07:22:43 PM

Absolutely. Diversification lowers the risk factor by a huge margin compared to investing all of the money in a single project. But this risk also comes with the according rewards. As in there are chances that by diversification, there are some projects which performs exceptionally well and some fail. Which kind of lowers the overall profit which you could've made by investing in that one project.

DiceRoll    |    Probability tool    |    Exchange 
Natium

Activity: 378

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 07:24:42 PM

I use diversification because I understand that investing in one coin all the money is very risky and not profitable so I diversify into a lot of top coins.

gelwaumar

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:57:21 PM

Expanding is one of the demonstrated methods for making due in the crypto advertise, it is anything but a simple thing yet spreading your dangers equitably over various crypto coins shields you from influencing monstrous misfortunes when a portion of the coins to plunge in esteem. Not every one of them will lose an incentive over the long haul, in the meantime, a portion of the coins may do well than the others procuring you more returns over the long haul
mastadonballs

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:00:58 PM

I find your investment perspective very correct. Should sell as soon as cryptos are profitable and reinvest in many different cryptos and cryptos are at low prices. And the cryptos you listed are very good to invest in at a time when market rates are declining.
Lilmon

Activity: 475

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:02:29 PM

It is always good to diversify in order to reduce risks, if you are a daily trader it is more than  recommended, it allows way more possibilities of increasing your profits,if you are a long term investor than that seems kind of unnecessary, just focus on the cryptocurrencies that look more mainstream.
vertinfos

Activity: 518
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:02:44 PM

Of all the people who earn in the market or in investments never invest all their money in one such coin, because you may seem that will grow , but maybe the opposite, there are always risks and need to minimize them !
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: