Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:06:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 413 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XMY] Myriad | Multi-Algo, Fair, Secure  (Read 849668 times)
mami

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:33:36 PM

Question: if I mine the crap out of MYR with SHA256 ASIC, do the other difficulties go DOWN?

I notice that the algos are roughly equally distributed on the blockchain, and I doubt that people are mining with that even of a distribution...

Could this make the coin vulnerable to some weird exploit similar to the rumored attack on Kimoto's Gravity Well?
foodies123

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:44:05 PM

Question: if I mine the crap out of MYR with SHA256 ASIC, do the other difficulties go DOWN?

I notice that the algos are roughly equally distributed on the blockchain, and I doubt that people are mining with that even of a distribution...

Could this make the coin vulnerable to some weird exploit similar to the rumored attack on Kimoto's Gravity Well?

nope, if you watch it hourly like I do (yah I know ... I need a life) you would see discrepancies of even more than 100% between algos profitability

nope
zuludrag

Activity: 396

I speak: LT, RU, EN

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 05:48:33 PM

We should take the overall situation not only consider the personal interests, groestl for those with 5XXX and 6XXXX graphics really very worthwhile, and energy saving, it costs so low that do things by irregular ways to achieve, is this good on the coin itself? The low cost makes it easier to dump it.The QUBIT algorithm is also energy saving, but also more stable, the card will also according to its cost to obtain the corresponding efficiency, if we want to make the coins go further, we should help him improve more perfect, not think only of our own interests.

I don't think only about my interests. With my hardware for now I get ~700MYR/24h. Is this big business? Smiley It's doesn't really cover my electricity costs. As 1kWh here costs ~0.185$ and my rig uses ~180-200W wile mining...
The idea is that R9 290 are not so interested in groestl algo, while 5xx0 and 6xx0 users gets more profit wile mining on groestl, i.e. compared to scrypt. So we can attract people with older hardware to help mining the coin. And if more people are mining - coin will be alive, am I wrong?
We also definetly need CPU only algo. Prime algo is perfect for that. So then Coin will support ASIC+GPU+CPU algos. Correct me if I'm wrong.

zuludrag

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 05:49:29 PM

Read the first post:
How it works
Each proof of work algorithm has its own independent difficulty.
Any algorithm can find the next block.
All the algorithms use the same difficulty adjustment method.

mavisx

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:42:08 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 07:06:08 PM by mavisx

We should take the overall situation not only consider the personal interests, groestl for those with 5XXX and 6XXXX graphics really very worthwhile, and energy saving, it costs so low that do things by irregular ways to achieve, is this good on the coin itself? The low cost makes it easier to dump it.The QUBIT algorithm is also energy saving, but also more stable, the card will also according to its cost to obtain the corresponding efficiency, if we want to make the coins go further, we should help him improve more perfect, not think only of our own interests.

I don't think only about my interests. With my hardware for now I get ~700MYR/24h. Is this big business? Smiley It's doesn't really cover my electricity costs. As 1kWh here costs ~0.185$ and my rig uses ~180-200W wile mining...
The idea is that R9 290 are not so interested in groestl algo, while 5xx0 and 6xx0 users gets more profit wile mining on groestl, i.e. compared to scrypt. So we can attract people with older hardware to help mining the coin. And if more people are mining - coin will be alive, am I wrong?
We also definetly need CPU only algo. Prime algo is perfect for that. So then Coin will support ASIC+GPU+CPU algos. Correct me if I'm wrong.

QUBIT algorithm apparently in cost accounting on the groestl more than fair and power saving, yes, I admit that it will attract some old equipment miners to participate in, but this is only a small part, most people will see the wonders of old equipment to buy cheap to match the expensive sha256 ASIC, scrypt ASIC and  the AMD new card,QUBIT and SCRYPT also can use the old equipment, SKEIN can also, but why not Groestl? Because it can make you a $100 (5850) to laugh at other's $350 (280X)?
    At that time, the emergence of a strange phenomenon, in the Groestl algorithm, 5850 of the cost is so low, if 280X want to grab a share of Groestl, it will have to pay 3-4 times the cost,If you don't get it, it will see the groestl algorithm 20% income is 5850 only, 5850 is cheap harvesting MYR so, cause they can act recklessly and care for nobody dumping, then you should say, oh, damn it, how could this be so cheap sale? Oh, God, this coin is dead.
    Of course, everyone on the groestl algorithm for maximum interest comes from its disadvantages and problems, to tame it, I really admire, but it is so unfair, development in the long run is not really suitable for MYR, maybe one day, we will improve the tools of groestl algorithm on AMD card support. Let 7XXXand200 cards should be efficiency, but by that time, will you support it?
    Finally, we really need a CPU algorithm, but we do not need three types of graphics algorithm, this is a mess, and the algorithm of the device is not fair, 5 series and 6 Series graphics cards now are small, there is no need to separate the retention of a algorithm for them.And they are shown in other graphics algorithm is not bad.
zuludrag

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 07:13:17 PM

QUBIT algorithm apparently in cost accounting on the groestl more than fair and power saving, yes, I admit that it will attract some old equipment miners to participate in, but this is only a small part, most people will see the wonders of old equipment to buy cheap to match the expensive sha256 ASIC, scrypt ASIC and  the AMD new card,QUBIT and SCRYPT also can use the old equipment, SKEIN can also, but why not Groestl? Because it can make you a $100 (5850) to laugh at other's $350 (280X)?
    At that time, the emergence of a strange phenomenon, in the Groestl algorithm, 5850 of the cost is so low, if 280X want to grab a share of Groestl, it will have to pay 3-4 times the cost,If you don't get it, it will see the groestl algorithm 20% income is 5850 only, 5850 is cheap harvesting MYR so, cause they can act recklessly and care for nobody dumping, then you should say, oh, damn it, how could this be so cheap sale? Oh, God, this coin is dead.
    Of course, everyone on the groestl algorithm for maximum interest comes from its disadvantages and problems, to tame it, I really admire, but it is so unfair, development in the long run is not really suitable for MYR, maybe one day, we will improve the tools of groestl algorithm on AMD card support. Let 7XXXand200 cards should be efficiency, but by that time, will you support it?

Never mind - you will never understand it...
Just I wouldn't let mining my rig for whole week on scrypt with my hardware, because I will never make any profit of it. And I'm not going to buy new R9 card, as I'm not a gamer. I would buy it only if I really was a miner and if I wanted to get real profit on it. But on coin start you can't attract lots of mining farms owners - so for a year, groestl will atract people who can help grow the coin without big investments... Or I'm not getting something.
I understand, that it looks unfair for you that you bought 280 card for 350$ and others are getting almost the same profit from mining on groestl with 2 year old cards. But your card beats that 5xx0 cards like babies in scrypt or skein mining! So you just need to choose right algo. Don't really understand how this is affects the coin price... It's just like you would say: prime algo is bad, because I can't mine it on my very expensive R9 280 card, and guys that has integrated graphics can get profit from mining on Prime algo.

zuludrag

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 07:17:31 PM

By the way, what is wrong with groestl eu p2pool? Stratum is not responding, web interface too...  Huh

foodies123

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:23:45 PM

By the way, what is wrong with groestl eu p2pool? Stratum is not responding, web interface too...  Huh

contacted ahmed, he's investigating

nope
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:25:35 PM

back up. ran into a ulimit problem on eu. us is was fine

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
Zoella

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:27:05 PM

This! I like the idea that just about any hardware (and thus any miner) can be involved in this coin. Hell, I'm ready for my Android miner! Smiley
foodies123

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:29:58 PM

This! I like the idea that just about any hardware (and thus any miner) can be involved in this coin. Hell, I'm ready for my Android miner! Smiley

yeah a cpu miner for android would be the shit Smiley

nope
blacklig

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:40:58 PM

Actually I was talking with dev few days ago and he told me he may add CPU only algo to coin on some hard fork, so we will see..
Anyway, I like the thing that 5850 are so powerfull on grosetl, but even though, I am mining on skein with them as diff is 25% lower there so it is just better.. but I wouldnt let my 280X mine grosetl as they really perform only as 5850s there Cheesy
Robert Lewandowski

Activity: 420

Bayern

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:43:47 PM

When will we see people discover this coin?
foodies123

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:07:56 PM

Actually I was talking with dev few days ago and he told me he may add CPU only algo to coin on some hard fork, so we will see..
Anyway, I like the thing that 5850 are so powerfull on grosetl, but even though, I am mining on skein with them as diff is 25% lower there so it is just better.. but I wouldnt let my 280X mine grosetl as they really perform only as 5850s there Cheesy

out of curiosity how much mh are you pushing on 280x on groestl?

When will we see people discover this coin?

when a fad/hype guy retweets or posts about it. oh man I can't wait until the hype starts so I can sit and smirk at people bitching about early adopters having too many coins ... well ... WE DO BECAUSE WE SAW GOLD AND WE STUCK TO IT WHILE YOU WERE MINING SHITCOIN AND COWCOIN AND ZIMBABWECOIN ... faggots

nope
zuludrag

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 08:16:47 PM

But on groestl 5850 it performs allmost 25% faster than on skein Cheesy
Anyway, after 2 or 3 years then people will throw away all 5xx0 and 6xx0, all R7/9 cards or R10/11 or what ever we will be using, will perform almost at equal performance/price ratio, so nobody will cry, that olds cards are good at that algo Cheesy
And another mind to mavisx: if everybody will start mining MYR on groestl using 5xx0 cards, then difficulty will rise and it will not give any profit. This coin regulates distribution of miners between algos - so maybe will come a day when those old cards will get more profit on another algo. Anyway, groestl will always be good in performance/used power aspect...

Degolep

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:24:17 PM

But on groestl 5850 it performs allmost 25% faster than on skein Cheesy
Anyway, after 2 or 3 years then people will throw away all 5xx0 and 6xx0, all R7/9 cards or R10/11 or what ever we will be using, will perform almost at equal performance/price ratio, so nobody will cry, that olds cards are good at that algo Cheesy
And another mind to mavisx: if everybody will start mining MYR on groestl using 5xx0 cards, then difficulty will rise and it will not give any profit. This coin regulates distribution of miners between algos - so maybe will come a day when those old cards will get more profit on another algo. Anyway, groestl will always be good in performance/used power aspect...
and thats the beuty of this coin, it's so unique in so many ways
zuludrag

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 08:52:44 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 09:16:57 PM by zuludrag

and thats the beuty of this coin, it's so unique in so many ways

That's what I'm talking about! Smiley Difficulty regulation makes active migration of miners between algorithms. So every algo will be used, no algo will be overused to not be profitable, and no algo will not be unused - as in that way diff will come close to 0 and it will become the most profitable. So every miner will be happy to mine on it Smiley
The only changes in near future - Scrypt ASICs, so where will be 2 ASIC algos in the coin. Scrypt will become unusable for GPUs. But that day did not come yet Smiley

radi324

Activity: 196

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 09:48:57 PM

Is the difficulty on each algo a true indication of difficulty, or do you have to divide it for groestl/qubit etc? Also, what sort of MHs is normal for a R9 280X card on skein? Thanks

[MUN] Muniti - Malta's National Cryptocurrency - http://www.muniticoin.com/

Bitcointalk thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=545886.0
Degolep

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:17:48 PM

from 200-235Mh/s
paoloandre

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:25:43 PM

is that for 280x on skein?

donations
BTC: 1BoHYv8rHZU9rNyFjsXAaxHbQG1YYm4etV
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 413 »
  Print  

Jump to: