Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 02:29:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 413 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XMY] Myriad | Multi-Algo, Fair, Secure  (Read 849668 times)
neuroMode

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:52:24 AM

as of right now and until further notice please refer to http://myriad.theblockexplorer.com/ as the main website for Myriad until Afros solves his problems and can rejoin the team Smiley

I don't know about you but the block explorer isn't vertically aligned properly on Chrome.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
Zoella

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:02:47 AM

as of right now and until further notice please refer to http://myriad.theblockexplorer.com/ as the main website for Myriad until Afros solves his problems and can rejoin the team Smiley

I don't know about you but the block explorer isn't vertically aligned properly on Chrome.

Same problem on Firefox.
bluewhackadoo

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:17:05 AM

Any news or anything official yet on the Brazil deal?  Any work being done on a MYR multi-pool.  Heavy in MYR & FLT at the moment, tough to watch good coins get dumped as the FACs of the world rise.
sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:27:48 AM

Any news or anything official yet on the Brazil deal?  Any work being done on a MYR multi-pool.  Heavy in MYR & FLT at the moment, tough to watch good coins get dumped as the FACs of the world rise.

I sold the last of my MYR yesterday when I saw it didn't rally when every other coin did, that was the writing on the wall for me, I fully expect it to fall for a day or two.

Supporters of this coin really need to stop wittering on about algorithms and hashrates and do something to entice new buyers in - some real world application. It's my opinion that the Brazil thing has been a squandered opportunity and now there are questions of authenticity over Bryce - A MZC/Payu Harris kind of scenario that hasn't played out well.

There are now newer coins with similar function that also have an eye on marketing, it won't be long before one of these leaves MYR for dust.

I know some say that MYR is a jewel that will shine amongst the crap and, as such, needs no publicity. This is a foolish and arrogant attitude because, believe me, the real world couldn't care less about alts at the moment.
doge94

Activity: 349

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:34:06 AM

Any news or anything official yet on the Brazil deal?  Any work being done on a MYR multi-pool.  Heavy in MYR & FLT at the moment, tough to watch good coins get dumped as the FACs of the world rise.

I sold the last of my MYR yesterday when I saw it didn't rally when every other coin did, that was the writing on the wall for me, I fully expect it to fall for a day or two.

Supporters of this coin really need to stop wittering on about algorithms and hashrates and do something to entice new buyers in - some real world application. It's my opinion that the Brazil thing has been a squandered opportunity and now there are questions of authenticity over Bryce - A MZC/Payu Harris kind of scenario that hasn't played out well.

There are now newer coins with similar function that also have an eye on marketing, it won't be long before one of these leaves MYR for dust.

I know some say that MYR is a jewel that will shine amongst the crap and, as such, needs no publicity. This is a foolish and arrogant attitude because, believe me, the real world couldn't care less about alts at the moment.

I agree it won't be long before some other coin with better branding takes over. Its happened in the past and it will happen again (ex. Blackcoin, Darkcoin, etc.)
I have already seen one.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=565610.0

You guys seriously need to get your heads out of the "idealistic" view if you want this coin to succeed.
doge94

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:34:51 AM

I agree it won't be long before some other coin with better branding takes over. Its happened in the past and it will happen again (ex. Blackcoin, Darkcoin, etc.)
I have already seen one.

You guys seriously need to get your heads out of the "idealistic" view if you want this coin to succeed.
Zoella

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:45:06 AM

I have already seen one.

While I agree that Myr needs more publicity, I seriously doubt an IPO with a 2 week confirmation time for mined blocks is likely to entice too many. Nice try though.
neuroMode

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:51:09 AM

Same problem on Firefox.

Well like an idiot i found out my browser was zoomed in to 150%. Check you zoomage bro

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
doge94

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:52:17 AM

I have already seen one.

While I agree that Myr needs more publicity, I seriously doubt an IPO with a 2 week confirmation time for mined blocks is likely to entice too many. Nice try though.

Thats not the point. The point is that it can be done. The first one is rarely the one that succeeds. Especially with the attitude of the people in this thread.
feiyu

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 03:03:53 AM

good coin, i like it
Zoella

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 03:10:38 AM

<snip>

Same problem on Firefox.

Well like an idiot i found out my browser was zoomed in to 150%. Check you zoomage bro

I always zoom out, but after a reset I can see one algo.

foodies123

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 03:22:47 AM

Want news ? Here they are:

- Bryce is preparing to fly to Brazil to start implementation of MYR
- Dev is working on tech improvements now and when he's finished we're going to start a joint project on a Lite/Mobile Wallet (1-2 weeks time estimated)
- A MYR multi-algo pool (not to be confued with multipool) is under development along with a profit switching version of cgminer (switches your miner to the most profitable algo).
- Tuesday evening dev and I will attend an open discussion with the DOGE community leaders to discuss a joint partenership
- A rough draft MYR promotional video has been done and now is being revised and edited.
- Reddit sub is approaching 300 users
- Twitter has ~420 followers (most of which have 300-1000-20000 followers themselves - meaning people with pull that are showing interest in myr)
- IRC is growing also
- Marketing divison is working to establish contact with multiple online merchants for the adoption of MYR.
- More and more people are expressing the desire to build around MYR.

And that's just off the top of my head. (6 AM heading to bed).

So ... instead of bitching and whining about how we're at a standstill and whatnot DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Contact people, contact merchants, contact exchanges, contact altcoin promoting websites. you think anyone is paying me to do any of the above ? you think anyone gives a shit I spend 8 hours a day working on MYR probono after tending to my pregnant wife(lol momzilla) and working two jobs(1 is part time but still counts)? It's sunday morning 6 AM and my butt is sore from sitting in front of the computer for the last 7 hours with only toilet breaks. I do it because I've seen MYR's potential from day one and I've decided to stop being a little bitch and coin hop for a few extra dollars and try to make MYR happen. You tend to forget that other than a few volunteers MYR only has one talented dev and that's it. no premine, no ipo , thus no bribes and paid news articles and stuff like that. No ponzi scam gimmicks like blackcoin who's users fail to realize that pool is a classic ponzi scheme and they're buying their own coins.

I'm not perfect but I do what I can and if some of you people would get off your high horses and lend a hand things would go alot better for MYR. Instead you chose to hold some early mined or bought coins and and throw shit at us for not making them worth more.

An altcoin's worth is proportional to their community's efforts. (Excluding scams and copycat shitcoins)

In conclusion, you want MYR to succeed ?
Do something about it, anything , everything. It all matters. MYR is holding a relatively good price being backed by only a handfull of people with limited skillsets.
I'm sorry I couldn't make you a shitton of money sussex, pretty sure dev is too.
I'm sorry I could only get MYR listed to the current exchanges and not cryptsy or some other pumper's heaven.
I'm sorry we didn't have any premined coins to throw around here and there to make the coin more attractive to coin hoppers and beggars who do nothing for the benefit of the coin and the community.
I'm sorry we didn't devise a smart scam to lure people into investing into Myriad thus taking its price through the roof.
I'm sorry 90% of the people that have discovered MYR agree that it's one of the best steps towards the future of crypto currency but then shrug it off because it doesn't propose any get rich quick schemes.
I'm sorry you sold your coins sussex. (Actually I'm not)
I'm sorry I couldn't do more to help the community but I'm trying and I'm struggling but I seem to be suffering from coder's block right now, I'll bounce back soon don't you worry your pretty little heads.
I'm sorry for starting this as a news post and ending it as a rant.

This message was a personal message and is in no way being endorsed by any members of the Myriad team. (Except the news part, that's official)
If you found any part of it offensive I would like to apologize.

I would like to thank all the people that have volunteered to help MYR and have dedicated their own personal time to do so.

I know there are alot of spelling errors in the above post but it's too late and I'm too tired to correct myself, english is not my native language ... who'd have thunk ?

Good night(morning).

nope
Zoella

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 03:40:06 AM

Shut up and get back to work bitch!

Wink
palawan

Activity: 386

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 03:53:46 AM

...Good night(morning).

Thank you.  You're awesome.  I'm out of BTC to exchange to MYR for now...  Will be buying more later once I get my paycheck...  Cheesy

halu
neuroMode

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:00:35 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2014, 04:23:34 AM by neuroMode

Want news ? Here they are:

- Bryce is preparing to fly to Brazil to start implementation of MYR
- Dev is working on tech improvements now and when he's finished we're going to start a joint project on a Lite/Mobile Wallet (1-2 weeks time estimated)
- A MYR multi-algo pool (not to be confued with multipool) is under development along with a profit switching version of cgminer (switches your miner to the most profitable algo).
- Tuesday evening dev and I will attend an open discussion with the DOGE community leaders to discuss a joint partenership
- A rough draft MYR promotional video has been done and now is being revised and edited.
- Reddit sub is approaching 300 users
- Twitter has ~420 followers (most of which have 300-1000-20000 followers themselves - meaning people with pull that are showing interest in myr)
- IRC is growing also
- Marketing divison is working to establish contact with multiple online merchants for the adoption of MYR.
- More and more people are expressing the desire to build around MYR.

And that's just off the top of my head. (6 AM heading to bed).

So ... instead of bitching and whining about how we're at a standstill and whatnot DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Contact people, contact merchants, contact exchanges, contact altcoin promoting websites. you think anyone is paying me to do any of the above ? you think anyone gives a shit I spend 8 hours a day working on MYR probono after tending to my pregnant wife(lol momzilla) and working two jobs(1 is part time but still counts)? It's sunday morning 6 AM and my butt is sore from sitting in front of the computer for the last 7 hours with only toilet breaks. I do it because I've seen MYR's potential from day one and I've decided to stop being a little bitch and coin hop for a few extra dollars and try to make MYR happen. You tend to forget that other than a few volunteers MYR only has one talented dev and that's it. no premine, no ipo , thus no bribes and paid news articles and stuff like that. No ponzi scam gimmicks like blackcoin who's users fail to realize that pool is a classic ponzi scheme and they're buying their own coins.

I'm not perfect but I do what I can and if some of you people would get off your high horses and lend a hand things would go alot better for MYR. Instead you chose to hold some early mined or bought coins and and throw shit at us for not making them worth more.

An altcoin's worth is proportional to their community's efforts. (Excluding scams and copycat shitcoins)

In conclusion, you want MYR to succeed ?
Do something about it, anything , everything. It all matters. MYR is holding a relatively good price being backed by only a handfull of people with limited skillsets.
I'm sorry I couldn't make you a shitton of money sussex, pretty sure dev is too.
I'm sorry I could only get MYR listed to the current exchanges and not cryptsy or some other pumper's heaven.
I'm sorry we didn't have any premined coins to throw around here and there to make the coin more attractive to coin hoppers and beggars who do nothing for the benefit of the coin and the community.
I'm sorry we didn't devise a smart scam to lure people into investing into Myriad thus taking its price through the roof.
I'm sorry 90% of the people that have discovered MYR agree that it's one of the best steps towards the future of crypto currency but then shrug it off because it doesn't propose any get rich quick schemes.
I'm sorry you sold your coins sussex. (Actually I'm not)
I'm sorry I couldn't do more to help the community but I'm trying and I'm struggling but I seem to be suffering from coder's block right now, I'll bounce back soon don't you worry your pretty little heads.
I'm sorry for starting this as a news post and ending it as a rant.

This message was a personal message and is in no way being endorsed by any members of the Myriad team. (Except the news part, that's official)
If you found any part of it offensive I would like to apologize.

I would like to thank all the people that have volunteered to help MYR and have dedicated their own personal time to do so.

I know there are alot of spelling errors in the above post but it's too late and I'm too tired to correct myself, english is not my native language ... who'd have thunk ?

Good night(morning).

We've been working so hard we forget that we aren't communicating these plans everywhere. We have great discussions on the IRC chatroom where we are brainstorming ideas or helping someone who is stuck on a bug on the smaller project they are volunteering for MYR. After we finish our discussions we get right back to work, so our apologies for not being as transparent with what we figure out in the chatroom.

In addition to the things foodies said, here's some more things we are working on

Brazil Things:
-Unprecedented method to bring mining to Brazilians in a separate but supllementary manner than Bryce's mission. This is the most vital undertaking that needs the most support from you guys since this is the beginning of the 'Global Initiative' story we are unfolding. The idea we have is being scribed into a proposal that we will pitch to sponsors that may help us with any costs we cannot cover. This can be Myriad's killer app if we succeed on top of Bryce's awesome initiative.
-Brazilian exchange(s) with MYR/BRL market
-Brazilian businesses and brick and mortar shops to accept MYR
-Android Wallet in Porteguese
-Myriadcoin Facebook page in Porteguese
-Twitter tipping bot to facilitate transfer of MYR across international social networks (to and from Brazillians)
-Possible advertisement playing off World Cup hype but not sure what would be feasible and what would seem out of place.  

Non-Brazil Things:
-Android Wallet in English
-Construction of a formal definition of the niche Myriadcoin fills in cryptocurrency that lays down the rails to move us foward in a coordinated fashion.
-Advertisements across many platforms, including someone who stated they want plug Myriad at the next bitcoin conference. Also, I am attempting to get heard by the guys on the LTB network because I admire them so dearly.
-Reaching out to larger exchanges beyond Cryptsy
-Website just got moved to a new host. A lot of extra content can now be added.
-Translations of Myriadcoin pages into Italian
-Hardfork with added double-spending security goes into effect tomorrow
-Designing a voting platform to for the community to start providing feedback on algorithms and what the best way to decide if and when to switch out an algorithm. There is no framework for this yet so we need to reach a consensus.

It's imperative to note that a coin won't thrive without a community backing it and pushing the envelope with us. This coin is uncharted territory with how much the multi-PoW innovation offers. We can literally do things no other coin could even conceive of with a single PoW blockchain. I believe there are benefits to MyriadCoin we haven't even realized yet that will be discovered as more people get into Myriad and throw some brain power onto it. It is foolish to let a seemingly quiet day cause you to panic your investment. If it's a quiet day that means we are busy working out tails off.

ivanlabrie

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:35:37 AM

Amazing, all of the inner circle so to speak are putting tons of quality work into this coin.

I'm holding on to some coins, I really like the innovation and driving force, we now need more popularity.

I'd suggest contacting Realsolid, mcxnow.com's owner/admin. He tends to add coins based on their novelty, and is quite picky, but I think he  might favor Myriad after reading about it.
Mcxnow is by far the fastest and safest exchange out there, would love to trade myr there...plus it pays interest to holders.
dazz

Activity: 195

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:12:02 AM

Any chance you guys could publish some sort of xml or json API with the difficulties and the current per-block reward?
web-scrapping the blockchain site is pain in the ass. Especially now that you're working on it
neuroMode

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:31:39 AM

MYRIADCOIN IS HARDFORKING AT BLOCK 142000. MAKE SURE YOUR WALLETS ARE UPDATED Smiley

Mikellev

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:38:05 AM

MYRIADCOIN IS HARDFORKING AT BLOCK 142000. MAKE SURE YOUR WALLETS ARE UPDATED Smiley

http://myr-sha256.poolerino.com   UPDATED
http://myr-groestl.poolerino.com    UPDATED
http://myr-skein.poolerino.com      UPDATED
dazz

Activity: 195

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:39:27 AM

0.8.99.9 for Windows is fine?
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 413 »
  Print  

Jump to: