May 01, 2024, 03:48:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 [255] 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009205 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
angryacorn

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:25:09 PM

this 21btc buy wall is pissing me off Sad i wanna buy at 1sat and then it must shoot up to 10 hahah sigh

This!

and

FYI, we're looking into an issue with payouts, it should be resolved shortly.  Thank you!

Payouts are running again!

please implement worker disconnect algorithm to maintain sub 30% network hashrate

This too would be really great.
Would need to average out the net hashrate over a period of time ofcourse though, net rates fluctuate so much for all the reasons I'm quite sure you know Smiley

The bigger problem is that no other pools are even advertising in the thread here!  They should be doing more to put themselves in front.  It's tough when we not only have to handle the maintenance of our pool, but also add code to make it smaller? Sad

As for any risks of a fork, there's an exceedingly low chance of this happening.  I think people are scared of what happened with DogeCoin, but that was specifically due to some bugs in the wallet code that made the fork survive.  Half the pools/exchanges were on one wallet, and the other half were on another.

We'll continue to monitor things, and if we see anything dangerous happening then we'll shut off a couple of our stratum servers temporarily to bounce people to other pools.  That's the easiest way, since writing our own worker banning algorithm would take a LOT of work.

this guy, i like this guy! need more people like him in this game. Smiley
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TuxNut

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

I am a Supporter of . . . . TZM & TVP

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:30:51 PM

this 21btc buy wall is pissing me off Sad i wanna buy at 1sat and then it must shoot up to 10 hahah sigh

This!

and

FYI, we're looking into an issue with payouts, it should be resolved shortly.  Thank you!

please implement worker disconnect algorithm to maintain sub 30% network hashrate

Would need to average out the net hashrate over a period of time ofcourse though, net rates fluctuate so much for all the reasons I'm quite sure you know Smiley

The bigger problem is that no other pools are even advertising in the thread here!  They should be doing more to put themselves in front.  It's tough when we not only have to handle the maintenance of our pool, but also add code to make it smaller? Sad

As for any risks of a fork, there's an exceedingly low chance of this happening.  I think people are scared of what happened with DogeCoin, but that was specifically due to some bugs in the wallet code that made the fork survive.  Half the pools/exchanges were on one wallet, and the other half were on another.

We'll continue to monitor things, and if we see anything dangerous happening then we'll shut off a couple of our stratum servers temporarily to bounce people to other pools.  That's the easiest way, since writing our own worker banning algorithm would take a LOT of work.

Agreed. I can only recall seeing HashStrike active in this thread (I don't follow many coins) and he's been exceptionally good and active.

The points made are entirely valid, it's not the job of ONE POOL to manage the hashrate of entire currency.
The problem does still exist though, regardless of what the possibilities are of a single pool having such a large percentage of the hashes, it doesn't look good and just adds more ammo to the FUD spreaders.

Those here who CBA, could you (along with myself) try to contact the other pools and get try to convince them to be more active here.
I really want to jump on Hashstrike to support them due to Tri's presence here but I won't because of hash balancing, but I know there are plenty of others who won't think twice about joining them and exasperating the issues.

Tired of how corrupt and  the world is? You're not alone
Take 2 hours to learn some stuff
Anonymousg64

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:32:51 PM

This!

and

FYI, we're looking into an issue with payouts, it should be resolved shortly.  Thank you!

The bigger problem is that no other pools are even advertising in the thread here!  They should be doing more to put themselves in front.  It's tough when we not only have to handle the maintenance of our pool, but also add code to make it smaller? Sad

As for any risks of a fork, there's an exceedingly low chance of this happening.  I think people are scared of what happened with DogeCoin, but that was specifically due to some bugs in the wallet code that made the fork survive.  Half the pools/exchanges were on one wallet, and the other half were on another.

We'll continue to monitor things, and if we see anything dangerous happening then we'll shut off a couple of our stratum servers temporarily to bounce people to other pools.  That's the easiest way, since writing our own worker banning algorithm would take a LOT of work.

could you point me in the right direction, i dont think it would be very complicated
Anonymousg64

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:34:11 PM

This!

and

FYI, we're looking into an issue with payouts, it should be resolved shortly.  Thank you!

The bigger problem is that no other pools are even advertising in the thread here!  They should be doing more to put themselves in front.  It's tough when we not only have to handle the maintenance of our pool, but also add code to make it smaller? Sad

As for any risks of a fork, there's an exceedingly low chance of this happening.  I think people are scared of what happened with DogeCoin, but that was specifically due to some bugs in the wallet code that made the fork survive.  Half the pools/exchanges were on one wallet, and the other half were on another.

We'll continue to monitor things, and if we see anything dangerous happening then we'll shut off a couple of our stratum servers temporarily to bounce people to other pools.  That's the easiest way, since writing our own worker banning algorithm would take a LOT of work.

Agreed. I can only recall seeing HashStrike active in this thread (I don't follow many coins) and he's been exceptionally good and active.

The points made are entirely valid, it's not the job of ONE POOL to manage the hashrate of entire currency.
The problem does still exist though, regardless of what the possibilities are of a single pool having such a large percentage of the hashes, it doesn't look good and just adds more ammo to the FUD spreaders.

Those here who CBA, could you (along with myself) try to contact the other pools and get try to convince them to be more active here.
I really want to jump on Hashstrike to support them due to Tri's presence here but I won't because of hash balancing, but I know there are plenty of others who won't think twice about joining them and exasperating the issues.

unfortunately this is a problem that will only be solved with mechanisms in place
most miners dont have any allegiance to the coin they mine

we could solve this on two fronts to prevent corruption
both miner software and pool software needs to be network hashrate percentage aware and have mechanisms to alert or force action
since some coins have difficulty adjustment interval as low as 30 seconds, automatic forced action would be the better default choice
BeholdTheTrueWake

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:43:04 PM

This!

and

unfortunately this is a problem that will only be solved with mechanisms in place
most miners dont have any allegiance to the coin they mine

we could solve this on two fronts to prevent corruption
both miner software and pool software needs to be network hashrate percentage aware and have mechanisms to alert or force action
since some coins have difficulty adjustment interval as low as 30 seconds, automatic forced action would be the better default choice

would be amazing to have that. sounds like some innovation waiting to happen  Smiley
14aristokrat

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:47:55 PM

It means I realized if you're willing to lose a fan of Zeitcoin then the everything is clear how to be friends it help donation to various funds and promotes the idea of ​​how to help a fan of so will go up hence invite your community Zeitcoin I even see your side
Anonymousg64

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:50:25 PM

It means I realized if you're willing to lose a fan of Zeitcoin then the everything is clear how to be friends it help donation to various funds and promotes the idea of ​​how to help a fan of so will go up hence invite your community Zeitcoin I even see your side

we can never be sure what you are saying
14aristokrat

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:52:10 PM

I say insulted me as a a fan of, sellers Zeitcoin
TuxNut

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:52:24 PM

In this instance, he's right.
I can usually figure it out (I think I can anyway), but that one needs re-attempting mate Smiley

BeholdTheTrueWake

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:54:37 PM

ha leave 'em alone, his translator isn't the best. but for the most part seems he is talking about building the community and wants to see ideas for how people can help. idk, that's what i got from it. i wish i knew of a better translator for the guy   Undecided
just not sure who the reply is to...
TuxNut

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:12:58 PM

I'd like to make additional point about this from my previous post.

I've felt that mining pools are an area where some regulation could be required if they're unwilling to regulate themselves.
We have to ensure that pools don't end up with more than 51% of the hashing power (even with PoW/PoS hybrids) if only because of the FUD surrounding such a thing.

If pools would like to avoid governmental regulation which would SUCK for everyone, then they have to find a way of regulating themselves. Having a mechanism available to automate the process of shutting things down/kicking miners when required would certainly help with this.
I'm not saying HashStrike have to do this now, that it's their responsibility to fix the Crypto world or anything, however, it would certainly be a good promotional tool to get themselves a consistently high share of the power for whatever coin's supported (even if only for a while until others implement it too).

Anyway, yea. Someone should work on a system, whoever it is!

Anonymousg64

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:16:50 PM

I'd like to make additional point about this from my previous post.

I've felt that mining pools are an area where some regulation could be required if they're unwilling to regulate themselves.
We have to ensure that pools don't end up with more than 51% of the hashing power (even with PoW/PoS hybrids) if only because of the FUD surrounding such a thing.

If pools would like to avoid governmental regulation which would SUCK for everyone, then they have to find a way of regulating themselves. Having a mechanism available to automate the process of shutting things down/kicking miners when required would certainly help with this.
I'm not saying HashStrike have to do this now, that it's their responsibility to fix the Crypto world or anything, however, it would certainly be a good promotional tool to get themselves a consistently high share of the power for whatever coin's supported (even if only for a while until others implement it too).

Anyway, yea. Someone should work on a system, whoever it is!

this would need to be implemented in this https://github.com/Crypto-Expert/stratum-mining
i sent a request, they can implement much quicker then i could since they are familiar with their own code, altho i might give it a shot if nothing happens in a few days.
TuxNut

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:19:01 PM

Stratum's got a limited life though doesn't it? Seems it's one of the weaker parts of the mining process currently.

EDIT: Limited as in, not long until replaced (everything's limited)

angryacorn

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:27:47 PM

ha leave 'em alone, his translator isn't the best. but for the most part seems he is talking about building the community and wants to see ideas for how people can help. idk, that's what i got from it. i wish i knew of a better translator for the guy   Undecided

he's my favourite poster of all time haha ok so he is from ukraine lets help this guy pls cause im sure there is some valid points somewhere in what he posts!

14aristokrat_ pls post the link to the translator you are using? I will attempt to find you a better one! also type something out in Ukrainian so I can check that it structures the english translation better...
ydrogios

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:49:56 PM

After the entrance in mintpal i thought it will be a small up price and stay table there but i see up and down at 2 or 3 sat.Any explanation or that`s the way
Anonymousg64

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:52:45 PM

time, we have had only 2 halving, 3 more to go
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:53:22 PM

he's my favourite poster of all time haha ok so he is from ukraine lets help this guy pls cause im sure there is some valid points somewhere in what he posts!

14aristokrat_ pls post the link to the translator you are using? I will attempt to find you a better one! also type something out in Ukrainian so I can check that it structures the english translation better...

I agree. Even though I can hardly tell what he is trying to say at times, he is an active member, supporter and generous person. I'd drink a beer with him!

TuxNut

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:54:32 PM

After the entrance in mintpal i thought it will be a small up price and stay table there but i see up and down at 2 or 3 sat.Any explanation or that`s the way

That's the problem with coins that trade against BTC but have soo many in circulation that they trade in the sub 100 satoshi range, tiny movements equate to large percentage movements.
It's actually very stable given the price it's trading at. Will increase in price through block halvings and SHOULD increase nicely when PoW essentially ends. That will depend on how we do as a community to develop the infrasture and awareness though.

Would be better if it traded against LTC, but noone likes trading in LTC...

This is why I generally avoid coins like this, but I had to support the coin due to it's motivation.

Anonymousg64

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:59:59 PM

DOGE was once in the range of 10-30 satoshi, all you need is a popular idea, movement or meme that unites people into a community for your coin to succeed.

and DOGE supply growth rate was much higher
Palaxidon

Activity: 462

Hi, Im Bitcoin trader and crypto enthusiast.

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 09:01:05 PM

I just received a bounty for my work. Thanks to developers!

Others who have not received compensation, be patient. I also waited 6 days and finally got my coins.

Developer apologized and said that they are very busy and necessarily will pay all the coins to the people who help in the promotion of the coin.
nice to hear Smiley Gonna contact the devs agein after I get my wallet working :p

Pages: « 1 ... 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 [255] 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: