May 01, 2024, 10:25:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009205 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Anonymousg64

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:10:54 AM

found this, a good place to get some ideas
http://www.charitywatch.org/toprated.html

also some others i ran across

http://www.fireflysolar.net/
http://www.offgrid-energy.co.uk/
http://www.charitywater.org/whywater/
http://www.solar-aid.org/

just ideas, but more of what i'd like to see the community do, actually help people, especially those in need. at least to begin with, we can't change the world overnight. but we can make an impact on those lives who will appreciate it the most.

Great list BeholdTheTrueWake!
If anyone is able to find worthy projects like those above or have great ideas that match the ideals of this movement please post them or message me. I'm currently compiling a list for a charity/project-based lottery for Zeitcoin. Lets get the word of crypto out there. Lets help some communities in need. This effort and many like it will strengthen the life of the coin and ultimately seek to increase the quality the life for everyone.

I can't say it enough, this community is great. Onwards!!

/facepalm

so much inefficiency...

in terms of cost and rare resources, concentrated solar is the better way, altho currently underdeveloped for small scale applications
v3solar has the idea, but we could do better and cheaper

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
angryacorn

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:15:04 AM

just ideas, but more of what i'd like to see the community do, actually help people, especially those in need. at least to begin with, we can't change the world overnight. but we can make an impact on those lives who will appreciate it the most.

If anyone is able to find worthy projects like those above or have great ideas that match the ideals of this movement please post them or message me. I'm currently compiling a list for a charity/project-based lottery for Zeitcoin. Lets get the word of crypto out there. Lets help some communities in need. This effort and many like it will strengthen the life of the coin and ultimately seek to increase the quality the life for everyone.

/facepalm

so much inefficiency...

notallthere

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:19:00 AM

Any reason why a late investor should put some money into Zeit?  I like the name but... not enough!

We've still got 2-3 block halvings to go until we're at 1 block reward, price will fluctuate a fair bit in the next 3-4 weeks.

make of that what you will.

The ideology behind it.... That's for you to make up your mind whether it's enough to add value.

I always put this kind of question to see the reaction of the supporters.
Today I'm shopping for long term coins , so I don't care a bit about block halving.

As an investor, don't know about Zeit for long term (literally as not thought about it from investor perspective rather than unsure if it'll survive).
Check CASH. Look to go though a rough transition from solo Dev (AWOL) to community developed and therefore the price is VERY low.
Wouldn't buy in at the moment as we may fail, but put on 'to watch' list, if we get organised, that's got a lot of long term potential

I usually do a check on the altcoin market once every month. I pick 50-100.
Out of those purchase at max 10.I need to get only 2 or three right Smiley

But i'm getting tired and I would like to have some coins that I can forget for a few weeks and check back only to see what's new.
Like bitcoin was 2 years ago..

Pick some up at 2-3 satoshis, drop it in your wallet, and at the least you'll be compounding POS gains after 20 days. I think the coin does has some potential for value.

EXPRESSCOIN- Lose 20% of your value before even getting coins?!?!Sounds great!
Murphy

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 04:57:26 AM

/facepalm

so much inefficiency...

in terms of cost and rare resources, concentrated solar is the better way, altho currently underdeveloped for small scale applications
v3solar has the idea, but we could do better and cheaper
Indeed. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. This is why we need a fairly comprehensive list for the community to decide where to direct funding. One would hope that this method would circumvent the funding of inefficient and/or ineffective projects.
TuxNut

Activity: 182

I am a Supporter of . . . . TZM & TVP

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:02:50 AM

there will not be a consensus on charity's
If you have a working crystal ball, would you mind sharing please?
Oh, you don't have one, well, then, how about we wait and see. You also seem to be obsessed with the word charity, I suggest you seek some counselling.

we will remain a decentralized participatory democracy

think a charity is relevant, put it to the test

we are not here to elect officials to do things

you want to get something done, you gotta do it yourself

we are defined by our actions
Where's the democracy? There's a dictatorship at the moment, the dev team is what they are. We can make suggestions and recommendations, but it's up to them whether they take it on board.

Don't know WTF you're going on about with charity here, apparently your brain got scrambled by the word again

I personally will not support charity unless they prove themselves to be well thought out, transparent and functional.
At the moment, 0 meet those combined requirements, hence why we will need to do things ourselves through projects.
There are ZERO charities that exist in the entire world that work? Wow, you must have spent your entire life researching them. I guess you are obsessed by them and hence you keep skipping over the word 'project' that several pepole have mentioned and keep harking on about 'charity'.

As you've put all this research in, what is it you'd like us to do then, surely you've put something together that's absolutely perfect by now?

if you have nothing concrete to actually offer, let the active and productive members of our community define the community
and go acquire the skills and knowledge relevant to Zeitcoins goals to become an active and productive member.

accepting your own ignorance and not doing anything about it is not acceptable, nothing is stopping you from understanding anything or acquiring any skills except yourself.

I've not seen you put any ideas up yet, you've just rubbished absolutely everything others have come up with or ignored them.
Perhaps you could heed your own words.

I'm out for a while, I'll check back another time and see if I'll be a fit for what community's built around this coin, so far it's a long way from something I'd like to put my efforts into. Hell, only 5 people have even bothered to vote on a poll let alone actually do anything as a movement.

GL to the decent folks here, sorry I can't help more my patience just isn't strong enough to deal with the others.

Tired of how corrupt and  the world is? You're not alone
Take 2 hours to learn some stuff
angryacorn

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:24:19 AM

Oh, you don't have one, well, then, how about we wait and see. You also seem to be obsessed with the word charity, I suggest you seek some counselling.

Where's the democracy? There's a dictatorship at the moment, the dev team is what they are. We can make suggestions and recommendations, but it's up to them whether they take it on board.

Don't know WTF you're going on about with charity here, apparently your brain got scrambled by the word again

I personally will not support charity unless they prove themselves to be well thought out, transparent and functional.
At the moment, 0 meet those combined requirements, hence why we will need to do things ourselves through projects.
There are ZERO charities that exist in the entire world that work? Wow, you must have spent your entire life researching them. I guess you are obsessed by them and hence you keep skipping over the word 'project' that several pepole have mentioned and keep harking on about 'charity'.

As you've put all this research in, what is it you'd like us to do then, surely you've put something together that's absolutely perfect by now?

if you have nothing concrete to actually offer, let the active and productive members of our community define the community
and go acquire the skills and knowledge relevant to Zeitcoins goals to become an active and productive member.

accepting your own ignorance and not doing anything about it is not acceptable, nothing is stopping you from understanding anything or acquiring any skills except yourself.

I've not seen you put any ideas up yet, you've just rubbished absolutely everything others have come up with or ignored them.

I'm out for a while, I'll check back another time and see if I'll be a fit for what community's built around this coin, so far it's a long way from something I'd like to put my efforts into. Hell, only 5 people have even bothered to vote on a poll let alone actually do anything as a movement.

GL to the decent folks here, sorry I can't help more my patience just isn't strong enough to deal with the others.

use your time away to learn some people skills Smiley will do you wonders both here and the real world. till next time sunshine
Anonymousg64

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:06:16 AM

organizations, institutions, charity's, npo's....
it would be a self imposed limitation to select anything at this point, especially without actual analysis and consideration, this is not gonna realistically arise from forum discussions and shouldn't because not everyone is following this forum page by page. Im arguing against elected decisions, instead people should do, the community will approve or disapprove in a decentralized fashion multiple options simultaneously.

what? if you feel so, i dont think you truly understand crypto-currency, the devs have no dictatorship
this sense is self-inflicted from a lack of ability to contribute, learn programming

i dont get how this is not obvious, almost all current organizations, institutions, charity's, npo's operate under the same old thinking and conform to the environment they are in.
with the amount of research i do, i would have come across notable organizations, institutions, charity's, npo's.

i dont get why you think im skipping over the word project when thats what im advocating, altho in a non centralized and non elected way.

forum discussions does not count as doing something, or atleast you shouldn't expect it to for something involving the majority of the community, of which is not all following page by page this thread.

not trying to brag but
i have spent allot of time thinking about changing the status quo, and not just from wishy dreamy perspective. im talking practical, logical and procedural.
i am building ProjXverse
i am conceptualizing ways of making a distributed exchange
i am designing my own DIY workshop to accelerate the development of my ideas and skills
i am designing the physical version of digital decentralization revolution.
i am rethinking energy, water, food, shelter, micro-manufacturing, resource extraction, resource processing, resource recycling

im kind of overloaded with ideas and thoughts on the inefficiency's of current reality.
ofcourse this is all just words, until i reach the beta/usable stage of development

so my word of advice is do something, learn or be patient.
oaks05

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:18:05 AM

Anonymousg64 you sound like a bright person glad you are part of the zeitcoin community

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
touchcoin

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:40:33 AM

looks great, i am in Grin
rosequee

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:17:33 AM

looks great, i will try the new coin, Grin
ydrogios

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:21:15 AM

We must find an athletic team to a big game and be the sponsors.
news5656

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:27:10 AM

omg,so many websites.
14aristokrat

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:42:23 AM

And how you like the idea so that I gain by selling on the exchange a lot of coins and started Mining Proof of Stake
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 08:02:40 AM

How was your ZDay experience at the main event?

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
ponch85

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:29:05 AM

already March 5 were compared with dogecoin Smiley
http://theconversation.com/bitcoin-is-like-a-real-gold-rush-its-the-miners-who-are-exploited-24010
Rikkie7

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:45:28 AM

We must find an athletic team to a big game and be the sponsors.

And how does this fit to the idea of this coin? My proposal is support technology that improves human life. This is what Zeit stands for, and if that technology is open source even beter. At the moment we support this (or any other idea), we should hit all important news channels for example coindesk, zeroblock (which shows the content of many sites) and if possible even regular news channels. So we need contacts.
We should not directly go for all the ideals of TZM, which goes too far for a lot of people (also for me), but taken small steps where people really can believe in.
Anyhow I'm going to search for interesting projects.
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:26:54 AM

Good morning everybody Cheesy

Seems like I missed some lively discussions overnight.

My 2 satsworth?

Whilst it's great to start thinking about the future, maybe we are trying to run marathons before we're out of nappies (diapers for you colonials Wink )

This coin is only 16 days old!

Detailed discussions about HOW to advance the ideals of ZGM/ZC are perhaps best left until we have our own forum, not on one thread here. There will be things that need to be discussed in detail, perhaps even in privacy, that are just IMPOSSIBLE here.

For now, I think the most important thing is to help people find & understand this coin & to be sensitive to what the Devs feel is the 'right' way to expend our energies for the good of the coin.

Gotta walk da pooch now, but I'll be back in an hour.

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
ponch85

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:47:23 AM

Good morning everybody Cheesy

Seems like I missed some lively discussions overnight.

My 2 satsworth?

Whilst it's great to start thinking about the future, maybe we are trying to run marathons before we're out of nappies (diapers for you colonials Wink )

This coin is only 16 days old!

Detailed discussions about HOW to advance the ideals of ZGM/ZC are perhaps best left until we have our own forum, not on one thread here. There will be things that need to be discussed in detail, perhaps even in privacy, that are just IMPOSSIBLE here.

For now, I think the most important thing is to help people find & understand this coin & to be sensitive to what the Devs feel is the 'right' way to expend our energies for the good of the coin.

Gotta walk da pooch now, but I'll be back in an hour.

I agree with LionOfNarnia, it would be a wonderful thing to have a forum where our report any problems or news of this young and strong currency. actually we already have a dedicated forum: http://altcoinauthority.com/forums/forum/altcoins/zeitcoin-movement/

but I see that is not very active ...
I, with my English translated I can only do so much...
Matni

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:23:51 AM

maybe a fund could be raised to build a small solar farm with solar mining rigs, and a way for them to access the funds, wouldn't be much, but it gets them in the crypto world. it would take much more than just that, but it's just a random thought i've been having.
it's ideas that shape the future. you seem to give up too much. it sounds like you don't really know where you stand yet. we need less disparity and more positive energy around here.
more ideas and solutions preferably.

Already been done... SolarCoin's doing that.

I've always wondered why new buildings aren't required to have solar panelled roofs already... That could be an angle maybe.

i looked into that coin a couple months back, it didn't seem concrete enough for me to get behind. if they're actually making it happen and funding solar projects, that's awesome.
my idea takes it a step further, but maybe they'll capitalize on it in the future.
we could too Smiley

Problem with current solar tech in under developed nations is that, that solar tech is worth good money and is often stolen and sold or broken! also its very dependant on weather conditions obviously and in places that have volatile weather patterns, its not much use. however!!! i have seen a technology (not 100% sure on how it works) but where solar panels are used in combination with dron tech so that you have floating solar farms which are in more stable areas of the atmosphere......no there is one other tech that im aware of but im trying to confirm! however I know there are heavy weights interested but unsure if it actually exists! dont want to elaborate more but when i can find out more ill post and see what people think! prob is this guys is wanting alot of money just to meet him which makes me suspicious but others who have met him have said that it appears what he created works although they not sure how......hows that for giving up Wink

Slightly off topic, but...

Indian have their Canal Project for solar tech. Impressive plan, their canal system is running low on water, so to protect it from the sun, they plan to cover all 19000 km of canal network with solar panels. They've completed the first 750m as a test and 2000 km more is moving into the next stage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canal_Solar_Power_Project

I've also wondered why they haven't tried fertilizing land under solar arrays in places like Africa. A solar array with mini farm underneath would do wonders for Africa.

https://twitter.com/CryptoMatni
"I am Lindsey Lohannnnnnnn"
Elokane

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 11:20:28 AM

I've been a supporter of this movement and coin from Day 1 and have 164,000,000 of it. I've been on vacation for the past few days and I see now that there are issues with Cryptorush, where all my coins are.

Am I screwed?

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
Pages: « 1 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: