May 01, 2024, 03:45:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009205 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Anonymousg64

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:13:02 AM

there really isnt any point in destroying fees, they are quite small, even in comparison to the PoW after week 6

i dont think many would like forced donations and a centralized donation address for everything charity

I put destroy for completeness.

Isn't the point of Zeit to help the world and improve it. To do this, we need funding.
There will be a LOT of people that (hopefully) use Zeit, but don't believe in the cause, getting a little something from them is a good thing surely and will help us to stand apart from most of the other coins.

And what do you think transaction fees are anyway but a forced donation?

no your paying for mining with fees

i wouldn't want a central authority controlling donation funds

we need a platform, let people decide what they want to give to.

and a reminder that charity is patchwork, not a solution. For real solutions we need to do our own work, through projects.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TuxNut

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

I am a Supporter of . . . . TZM & TVP

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:20:56 AM

and a reminder that charity is patchwork, not a solution. For real solutions we need to do our own work, through projects.

And we won't NEED miners, if transactions fees go to miners, it'll encourage more PoW which is a waste of resources.

It wouldn't be a 'central authority' controlling the funds, WE as a community would vote one where those funds gets used.

I love how you pick out 'charity' from my post, ignore 'causes' and 'projects' and argue for 'projects'!

Tired of how corrupt and  the world is? You're not alone
Take 2 hours to learn some stuff
BeholdTheTrueWake

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:30:58 AM

found this, a good place to get some ideas
http://www.charitywatch.org/toprated.html

also some others i ran across

http://www.fireflysolar.net/
http://www.offgrid-energy.co.uk/
http://www.charitywater.org/whywater/
http://www.solar-aid.org/

just ideas, but more of what i'd like to see the community do, actually help people, especially those in need. at least to begin with, we can't change the world overnight. but we can make an impact on those lives who will appreciate it the most.
TuxNut

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:36:01 AM

found this, a good place to get some ideas
http://www.charitywatch.org/toprated.html

also some others i ran across

http://www.fireflysolar.net/
http://www.offgrid-energy.co.uk/
http://www.charitywater.org/whywater/
http://www.solar-aid.org/

just ideas, but more of what i'd like to see the community do, actually help people, especially those in need. at least to begin with, we can't change the world overnight. but we can make an impact on those lives who will appreciate it the most.

Would like to add
http://www.wolf-pac.com/

To the list. It's about getting money out of American politics.
While I'd prefer to torture politicians to a slow death the way they've contributed to the slow death of millions of others in the name of 'politics', getting money out of the way is a step in the right direction and would help to give Digital Currencies a chance to avoid repressive regulation from Bankers and big corporations.
The head of the organisation's also a Zeit & Digital currency skeptic, not sure if that's a good or bad reason for us to support it.

angryacorn

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:45:17 AM

Im with Anonymousg64 on this, we need a project! i don't like the idea of charities, because being born and bred from Southern Africa and I know and have seen how corrupt 90% of these charities are! if charity was the answer we wouldnt have anymore issues considering how many there are! comes down to the old saying, give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish and he eats for a life time! so if you want to support a charity it would have to be one created by the community! or we find a way to start a project that benefits the planet etc. Also we need this coin to go up in value so that people actually take notice, doesn't matter how good your intentions are, if its not sprakly and shinny you wont get the masses interested! so we need to get this coin up in value so that we have some weight and power behind us to get shit done.   
BeholdTheTrueWake

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:52:19 AM

Im with Anonymousg64 on this, we need a project! i don't like the idea of charities, because being born and bred from Southern Africa and I know and have seen how corrupt 90% of these charities are! if charity was the answer we wouldnt have anymore issues considering how many there are! comes down to the old saying, give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish and he eats for a life time! so if you want to support a charity it would have to be one created by the community! or we find a way to start a project that benefits the planet etc. Also we need this coin to go up in value so that people actually take notice, doesn't matter how good your intentions are, if its not sprakly and shinny you wont get the masses interested! so we need to get this coin up in value so that we have some weight and power behind us to get shit done.   

i see what you're saying and have seen corrupt charities myself, it was just for idea sake, but i think we agree that it should be something that actually helps people/world, if we can develop something and cut out the charity middle man, i'm all for it.
it's true we do have a ways to grow until we can make moves like that. but it's doesn't hurt to throw it out there for people to think about, and to show that this isn't another greedy coin community with nothing but profit in mind.
Anonymousg64

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:55:27 AM

And we won't NEED miners, if transactions fees go to miners, it'll encourage more PoW which is a waste of resources.

It wouldn't be a 'central authority' controlling the funds, WE as a community would vote one where those funds gets used.

I love how you pick out 'charity' from my post, ignore 'causes' and 'projects' and argue for 'projects'!

again the fees are insignificant even compared to the 1 ZEIT/block reward, we still need PoW, whats really going to increase Pow is an increase in ZEIT value.

if you are having the miner fees directed to a specific account, that is centralized

people holding ZEIT whether they believe in the cause or not are technically giving ZEIT value. think of it as a donation every time someone buys up ZEIT.

TuxNut

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:02:45 AM

perhaps I'm getting defensive here (it's something I do) but:
Send to a Zeitcoin address that could be set up as a donation address where folks could voluntarily add more Zeits and those funds could then go to a charity / cause / project whatever that we decide is worthy

Not sure I could make it much clearer without making the post ridiculously long, or is it more that 'charity' has been poisoned to such an extent that whenever people see the word they think 'bad' now?

Sure, many charities, however 'good' their initial intention was, ends up doing far more harm than good, that's why WE, as a community of individual, critical thinkers, have to do our due diligence and ensure that what we end up doing is worthwhile.

I also don't think we should be focusing on 'increasing the price' of the coin, we should be focusing on good things to improve society as a whole and let the price rise because of that, otherwise we're no better than the mega rich 'philanthropists' that donate and help charities to promote themselves and write the expense off their taxes while maintaining millions/billions in personal wealth. That, I WILL NOT be a part of!

i see what you're saying and have seen corrupt charities myself, it was just for idea sake, but i think we agree that it should be something that actually helps people/world, if we can develop something and cut out the charity middle man, i'm all for it.
it's true we do have a ways to grow until we can make moves like that. but it's doesn't hurt to throw it out there for people to think about, and to show that this isn't another greedy coin community with nothing but profit in mind.

Thank you, you're keep a scrap of hope alive in me here!

again the fees are insignificant even compared to the 1 ZEIT/block reward, we still need PoW, whats really going to increase Pow is an increase in ZEIT value.

if you are having the miner fees directed to a specific account, that is centralized

people holding ZEIT whether they believe in the cause or not are technically giving ZEIT value. think of it as a donation every time someone buys up ZEIT.

No, PoW will not be NEEDED. For several months, maybe a year or so, sure as there won't be a sufficient number of wallets running at all time to ensure chain integrity. We don't want an increase in PoW, like I've already stated, that's a waste of resources and the opposite of what we need in this world.

The address could be a multi-sig address (which will be coming in the next few months I'm sure), so while it could be considered 'centralised', it'll be up to us to ensure that the holders of the private keys are independant from each other and therefore have to agree on where to send the funds once we're able to agree where to send them.

How is useful to have a high value ZEIT when hardly anyone gives a crap about anyone but themselves. We've already got a whole bunch of selfish bastages who only have this coin because they see a way for THEMSELVES to make a profit and damn anyone else!

jsrev

Activity: 68

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:10:03 AM

How about supporting organizations that fight against corruption? So we can make our intentions clear by showing that this movement is not greedy like several other coins. I'm thinking about something like Wikileaks. Most entities that denounce federal corruption don't get any fiat support because of government's repression. We can get around that with our decentralized nature, and lead the world towards transparency.

BTC - 1G8gS81BKKnqsCPsQ12X4aehQYpLD3RXeC
BeholdTheTrueWake

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:16:07 AM

How about supporting organizations that fight against corruption? So we can make our intentions clear by showing that this movement is not greedy like several other coins. I'm thinking about something like Wikileaks. Most entities that denounce federal corruption don't get any fiat support because of government's repression. We can get around that with our decentralized nature, and lead the world towards transparency.

that's a good idea too. i don't think we have much clout yet to get their attention, but i'm sure they're well aware of cryptocurrency and it's possibilities. i doubt any crypto communities have reached out to them. we would have to establish a good PR team for making contact. but if that contact was ever made, could be a big deal.
doesn't have to be wiki specifically, but maybe organizations like them.
angryacorn

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:21:51 AM

heres my thing, and im not suggesting its anyones view on here im using this as an example, everyone wants to be the hero! do it by the book! night in shinning armour shit. The world we live in doesn't work that way, this place is not pretty and if you walk around with higher than thee attitude will gonna get eaten alive. we have a saying were im from and its that corruption is the most efficient way of getting anything done... period. Now the point im trying to get at is, for us to succeed in what ever goal we want to achieve, we have to play the "enemy" at their own game, use the tools that they use to our advantage. let me give you an example, ,mintpal, the voting, yes as a community we did facking amazing we racked up the votes but in the end what sealed the victory for us? the last min votes that were bought, the very thing that we were giving the opposition shit for! without doing that we would still be voting, denie all u want but thats how it went.

now, Yes its not ideal to do things this way but hell have you seen the humans beings being created? what youth looks like today? to make a change in this world you going to have to play a dirty game else you are going to be beaten down at every opportunity the opposition gets. Now in terms of the TZM mind set that would mean using greed, currencies etc to our advantage. i dont care if ppl get rich along the way, so be it, what i care about is that the goal is reached and up n till now thats not happening! we have a real chance here guys, but we cant walk around with rose tinted glasses! I dont care how we get there, i just care that we get there. Its not about taking the high road or the low road, its about taking the right road.    
TuxNut

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:29:49 AM

heres my thing, and im not suggesting its anyones view on here im using this as an example, everyone wants to be the hero! do it by the book! night in shinning armour shit. The world we live in doesn't work that way, this place is not pretty and if you walk around with higher than thee attitude will gonna get eaten alive. we have a saying were im from and its that corruption is the most efficient way of getting anything done... period. Now the point im trying to get at is, for us to succeed in what ever goal we want to achieve, we have to play the "enemy" at their own game, use the tools that they use to our advantage. let me give you an example, ,mintpal, the voting, yes as a community we did facking amazing we racked up the votes but in the end what sealed the victory for us? the last min votes that were bought, the very thing that we were giving the opposition shit for! without doing that we would still be voting, denie all u want but thats how it went.

now, Yes its not ideal to do things this way but hell have you seen the humans beings being created? what youth looks like today? to make a change in this world you going to have to play a dirty game else you are going to be beaten down at every opportunity the opposition gets. Now in terms of the TZM mind set that would mean using greed, currencies etc to our advantage. i dont care if ppl get rich along the way, so be it, what i care about is that the goal is reached and up n till now thats not happening! we have a real chance here guys, but we cant walk around with rose tinted glasses! I dont care how we get there, i just care that we get there. Its not about taking the high road or the low road, its about taking the right road.    

Thanks for letting me know to put you on ignore.

If others wouldn't mind letting me know they agree with the acorn so I can put them on ignore too, I'd greatly appreciate it!

angryacorn

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:34:32 AM

If others wouldn't mind letting me know they agree with the acorn so I can put them on ignore too, I'd greatly appreciate it!

there is no need to be childish, we all have different views on the world and different experiences! what im getting at is that to appeal to the majority you have to use the things that currently appeal to them! that draw them in! because that who you want! you want tom dick and harry on the sofa watching mtv to go hey zeitcoin? whats that? this is cool! let me get involved! not just the ppl in the crypto world! haha
BeholdTheTrueWake

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:44:51 AM

there is no need to be childish, we all have different views on the world and different experiences! what im getting at is that to appeal to the majority you have to use the things that currently appeal to them! that draw them in! because that who you want! you want tom dick and harry on the sofa watching mtv to go hey zeitcoin? whats that? this is cool! let me get involved! not just the ppl in the crypto world! haha

doge technically doesn't have every tom, dick, and harry and their community gets things done. i mean funding the Jamaican bobsled team isn't world changing, but it made the news and actually helped their Olympic efforts.
now imagine if that energy was applied to something more productive, the possibilities.
by being honest, helping people, showing our stance on corruption and oppression of the people, then the appeal will come.
so you'd rather build another corrupt organization? go along to get along?
whatever happened to be the change you want to see in the world?
don't submit to the old "The world we live in doesn't work that way" then change it. i'm sick of all the submissiveness in this world, when will we wake up?
TuxNut

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:51:13 AM

I'm going to try and make this as simple and condescending as I can.

If we're to combat corruption we need to highlight it and show there are alternatives and that those alternatives are viable.
If we use corruption to do that and try to get on MTV then the media will highlight our hyprocracy straight away when we're large enough for them to concern themselves with and we'll never get anywhere.

In the meantime, our train of thought has change to thinking in a corrupt and underhand manner, getting out of that cycle would be impossible, we'll have attracted too many corrupt people in, dug ourselves big holes we won't be able to dig our way out of and we'll just be contributing the problems we're meant to be fighting against.

The coin's movement will put off people like myself who believe the best way to convert people is to lead by example (I'm certainly not the person have in charge of PR because I'm terrible at portraying my beliefs, ideologies and underlying values), to show them that working for the greater good benefits oneself more than selfish intents.

I could go on, but I realised years ago that I can't change someone's mindset myself and I'm sick and tired of trying all it does is piss me off, depresses the crap out of me and makes look like a utter knob because my frustrations rise to the surface and I lash out against them.

There, you got a response from me, I'll try my best not to respond to you in the future and putting you on ignore lets me know that your underlying beliefs are the pole opposite of mine and to take what you say with a pinch of salt because you'll likely say whatever you feel's necessary for your own purposes regardless of the words you decide to use as you're clearly not to be trusted!

Chao

doge technically doesn't have every tom, dick, and harry and their community gets things done. i mean funding the Jamaican bobsled team isn't world changing, but it made the news and actually helped their Olympic efforts.
now imagine if that energy was applied to something more productive, the possibilities.
by being honest, helping people, showing our stance on corruption and oppression of the people, then the appeal will come.
don't submit to the old "The world we live in doesn't work that way" then change it. i'm sick of all the submissiveness in this world, when will we wake up?

Can I hire you to tuck me in at night. You're bringing tears to my eyes AGAIN that I'm truly not alone in this fight.

Huggles Wink

angryacorn

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:53:46 AM

I see what you saying, and what im saying is we live in a world of sheep! people are sheep, they have heard mentality! be it from 3rd to 1st world the majorities behaviour is predictable to an extent! for us to make a change we have to be clever about it, because i can tell you know if anything we do is going to be significant someone will be pissed off and they will hit back hard! and unless you ready for it you can say goodbye. What doge did was target a popular news story something that was trending at the time, they were smart, they used what was available and made a difference! me being from a VERY 3rd world place I have very different views to most i agree but im not sorry for it because its opened my eyes to things that people think will work but in reality wont.....at all. another thing we need to consider is that more than half the world is on poverty i believe, chances are most dont have any access to the crypto world and dont give a shit either because they are trying to survive! ideally id love for something that would reach them, appeal to them and get those people on board! because its the people on the ground that make the difference.  
angryacorn

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:59:30 AM

wow i see haha so because i said "corruption is the most efficient way of getting things done" someone is touched! I DONT AGREE WITH CORRUPTION AND IM NOT SAYING WE MUST USE AND GO THAT ROUTE!!!! hahaha im saying we must not think for one second that taking the high and mighty route is the answer! and definitely not to take any low route! but we must not at the same time take the same stance as some TZM authority has done with us, thinking no thats not the way, we will do things our way because that doesn't fall in with our beliefs.
BeholdTheTrueWake

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:04:54 AM

I see what you saying, and what im saying is we live in a world of sheep! people are sheep, they have heard mentality! be it from 3rd to 1st world the majorities behaviour is predictable to an extent! for us to make a change we have to be clever about it, because i can tell you know if anything we do is going to be significant someone will be pissed off and they will hit back hard! and unless you ready for it you can say goodbye. What doge did was target a popular news story something that was trending at the time, they were smart, they used what was available and made a difference! me being from a VERY 3rd world place I have very different views to most i agree but im not sorry for it because its opened my eyes to things that people think will work but in reality wont.....at all. another thing we need to consider is that more than half the world is on poverty i believe, chances are most dont have any access to the crypto world and dont give a shit either because they are trying to survive! ideally id love for something that would reach them, appeal to them and get those people on board! because its the people on the ground that make the difference.  

maybe a fund could be raised to build a small solar farm with solar mining rigs, and a way for them to access the funds, wouldn't be much, but it gets them in the crypto world. it would take much more than just that, but it's just a random thought i've been having.
it's ideas that shape the future. you seem to give up too much. it sounds like you don't really know where you stand yet. we need less disparity and more positive energy around here.
more ideas and solutions preferably.
angryacorn

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:11:40 AM

maybe a fund could be raised to build a small solar farm with solar mining rigs, and a way for them to access the funds, wouldn't be much, but it gets them in the crypto world. it would take much more than just that, but it's just a random thought i've been having.
it's ideas that shape the future. you seem to give up too much. it sounds like you don't really know where you stand yet. we need less disparity and more positive energy around here.

whos giving up? haha im not! and i share the same goal as TZM just not the mind set or path maybe. Now that is a good idea, practical im not sure but its that kind of thinking which i like! im also saying we need to get into the main stream, 2 ways of doing it, either like tux suggested and yourself by doing something like doge did OR using the tools and methods available to us to increase the value of this coin so that it becomes desirable by the mainstream which would allow us to fund larger operations etc. Am i coming across clearer with that? haha I can see how I might have given off a strange vibe but understand im trying to find lasting solutions not just ones that look pretty on paper. 
TuxNut

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:18:19 AM

Already been done... SolarCoin's doing that.

I've always wondered why new buildings aren't required to have solar panelled roofs already... That could be an angle maybe.

Pages: « 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: