May 08, 2024, 01:13:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [284] 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009207 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
neoxxx

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

Source of knowledge is experience. A.E.

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:47:11 PM

Block Explorer 1° priority !!
Dev any news ??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BeholdTheTrueWake

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:48:41 PM

Dev any news ??

beta block explorer?
 http://192.241.221.70:2750/chains

DON'T quote me on it, someone in IRC posted link. I'd wait for the official release to be sure.
but seems to work.
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:52:05 PM

What does "R" mean in cgminer?
This sick card has R 32 but the other 2 cards are R 0? What dows that mean?

R - Ivalid (rejected) shares

About your problem. I wrote some posts ago about my same problem. If you have possibility, change it. Nothing helps. It is manufacturing bug or defect ...

How often did you found you card dead or sick?

every 24 hours. When it will be warmer, you'll find your card more often sick/dead.
I tried manually run gpu fan at 100%, but there was now effect, only killing faster fan ...

One other question is are you using any secondary cooling methods such as a tabletop fan blowing onto the cards to help dissipate heat? You really can't rely on the card's own fans to dissipate the heat efficiently, especially when you are running more than one card on a rig. Then you have to deal with heat from one card affecting the other cards, and vice versa. Not sure what your setup is like. Do you have the cards set directly into the slots on the motherboard? If so, is your motherboard and cards inside a chassis of some sort? Or do you have the cards attached to risers and attached outside of a chassis? Either way, having secondary cooling is always a good idea. Hopefully you get it sorted out and not lose any of your cards. Best of luck!

winevirus

Activity: 88

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:54:55 PM

Dev any news ??

beta block explorer?

DON'T quote me on it, someone in IRC posted link. I'd wait for the official release to be sure.
but seems to work.

I'm the one working on this. Figure it'll get done faster if someone helps. Working with two different versions of Abe and looking at seeing if I can get Insight working with Zeit. No promises on anything. The beta is working at least though for now, that's a start.
angryacorn

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:56:34 PM

What does "R" mean in cgminer?
This sick card has R 32 but the other 2 cards are R 0? What dows that mean?

R - Ivalid (rejected) shares

About your problem. I wrote some posts ago about my same problem. If you have possibility, change it. Nothing helps. It is manufacturing bug or defect ...

How often did you found you card dead or sick?

every 24 hours. When it will be warmer, you'll find your card more often sick/dead.
I tried manually run gpu fan at 100%, but there was now effect, only killing faster fan ...

One other question is are you using any secondary cooling methods such as a tabletop fan blowing onto the cards to help dissipate heat? You really can't rely on the card's own fans to dissipate the heat efficiently, especially when you are running more than one card on a rig. Then you have to deal with heat from one card affecting the other cards, and vice versa. Not sure what your setup is like. Do you have the cards set directly into the slots on the motherboard? If so, is your motherboard and cards inside a chassis of some sort? Or do you have the cards attached to risers and attached outside of a chassis? Either way, having secondary cooling is always a good idea. Hopefully you get it sorted out and not lose any of your cards. Best of luck!

not sure i agree, i find it depends on the brand of the card! i have rigs with 3 cards sitting next to each other and they run in the high 60's low 70's! My sapphire rig runs really hot, 1st card was hitting 84 so I put a cheap external fan on top and bam temps fell but the rest are fine with fans set to 95%! suppose i also run those rigs on the cooler master tests benches, that may help.
BeholdTheTrueWake

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:09:09 PM

i have lost all my coins at coinex  Cry bye bye zeit

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/03/19/coinex-pw-hacked-all-coins-stolen/
BeholdTheTrueWake

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:10:55 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 03:26:11 PM by BeholdTheTrueWake

Dev any news ??

beta block explorer?

but seems to work.

I'm the one working on this. Figure it'll get done faster if someone helps. Working with two different versions of Abe and looking at seeing if I can get Insight working with Zeit. No promises on anything. The beta is working at least though for now, that's a start.

WOW! Great job!

let's pitch in here guys.
can anyone help out with this?

BTW winevirus, I didn't mean to prematurely put that link out, but maybe we can help out and make this come together quicker as a team.  Smiley
we should never hesitate to ask for some help on anything, we have some knowledgeable people in here.
winevirus

Activity: 88

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:52:37 PM

Dev any news ??

beta block explorer?

but seems to work.

WOW! Great job!

BTW winevirus, I didn't mean to prematurely put that link out, but maybe we can help out and make this come together quicker as a team.  Smiley
we should never hesitate to ask for some help on anything, we have some knowledgeable people in here.

Hey It's cool. I like knowing it's being used. I'm working on an updated version at the moment on another box. I've got 4 diffe[Suspicious link removed] machines running on Digital Ocean with 4 different block explorer versions messing around and tweaking. We'll see if we can get a semi bugfree one done today. Got a 20oz Redbull and 2 hours of sleep. Should be fun Cheesy
BeholdTheTrueWake

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:06:31 PM

Dev any news ??

beta block explorer?

but seems to work.

WOW! Great job!

Hey It's cool. I like knowing it's being used. I'm working on an updated version at the moment on another box. I've got 4 diffe[Suspicious link removed] machines running on Digital Ocean with 4 different block explorer versions messing around and tweaking. We'll see if we can get a semi bugfree one done today. Got a 20oz Redbull and 2 hours of sleep. Should be fun Cheesy

excellent!
that's what I'm talking about lol dedication.
hopefully a few people can chime in here with some aid.

stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:22:06 PM

not sure i agree, i find it depends on the brand of the card! i have rigs with 3 cards sitting next to each other and they run in the high 60's low 70's! My sapphire rig runs really hot, 1st card was hitting 84 so I put a cheap external fan on top and bam temps fell but the rest are fine with fans set to 95%! suppose i also run those rigs on the cooler master tests benches, that may help.

I agree that different cards can handle different amounts of heat. But that doesn't necessarily mean that running them up to or exceeding those temperatures is going to be fine in the long run. Air flow is very important for heat dissipation, and it sounds like you have a good setup with plenty of air flow. And you made my original point too when you said that you put a cheap external fan on top of your sapphire rig and the temps immediately fell. That was the point I was trying to make.

zlbxayg

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:40:13 PM

i have  91,927,880 coins in cryptorush,
How can I do。。 Huh Huh Huh
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

Activity: 1323
Merit: 1037

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:47:25 PM

That's wishful thinking!
zlbxayg

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:50:14 PM

That's wishful thinking!
...fuck  the cr
angryacorn

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:52:46 PM

why did u have so much there? and where have you been?
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:57:12 PM

Luvvin it!

I've single-handedly started a mini buying feast on Mintpal Cheesy

Traded my mined Cat & Doge for Btc on Cryptsy (for the voting points) moved 0.016 Btc to MintPal & started buying 100,000 Zeit @ 2 satoshi a time after every 2 sales @ 1 satoshi had gone through, now lots of other peeps are doing it too.

Would it be REALLY evil of me to buy a few hundred @ THREE satoshi, just to shake the mix up a bit?

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
TuxNut

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

I am a Supporter of . . . . TZM & TVP

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:03:01 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 05:25:47 PM by TuxNut

I agree that different cards can handle different amounts of heat. But that doesn't necessarily mean that running them up to or exceeding those temperatures is going to be fine in the long run. Air flow is very important for heat dissipation, and it sounds like you have a good setup with plenty of air flow. And you made my original point too when you said that you put a cheap external fan on top of your sapphire rig and the temps immediately fell. That was the point I was trying to make.

Putting additional cooling fans around the cards will not always lower the temps, it may just lower the fan speeds, depending on how you have CG/SG/BFminer set up.

For my 6 R9 290's they're:

"auto-fan" : true,
"gpu-fan" : "60-95",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-overheat" : "92",
"temp-target" : "85",
"temp-hysteresis" : "2",

These are cards with the original stock cooler which is REALLY loud and the cards run very hot (by default the cards will run up to 95 degrees before dialing the speeds back but the fan will only be running at 57% as AMD didn't want them to be too loud for most people).

Hence the fans spin up and down to keep the temp @ 85 degrees, however if I used;

"auto-fan" : false,
"gpu-fan" : "80",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-overheat" : "92",
"temp-target" : "85",
"temp-hysteresis" : "2",

The temps would increase and decrease depending on the ambient temp until they reached 92 degrees when the fans would spin up to 100%, if that's insufficient or the ambient rose too quickly and the temp reached 95 degrees, the cards would stop mining until the temp got back below 95.

Keeping a stable temperature, clock speed and voltage will greatly increase the lifespan of the cards over a changing temp/speed/voltage.
This is because
A changing temperature will mean the materials will be expanding and contracting constantly (specifically the solder) and therefore break themselves
A changing clock speed doesn't make too big a difference providing the cards aren't changing their own voltage but it still puts additional strain on the chips
A changing voltage will be changing the temp and putting more/less load on the voltage regulators increasing their work.

Every little bit of stability helps. You have to remember, these are consumer grade cards, designed to run around 70-90% load for 1-3 hours a day not flat out constantly.

Think of a car (most easily recognised analogy rather the most accurate), if you run a car flat out constantly for days and days (assuming you can supply fuel) it's not going to like it too much, but it's better than run constantly at changing speeds from max to 70% to max as you have to keep changing gear (putting strain on the gearbox, clutch, driveshafts).

Additional cooling to supply cool air to the GPU fans is a good thing though, it means the card's fans can spin slower to maintain the same temp which means they'll last longer.
A lower temp is also preferable and will use less electricity due to current leakage and resistance, but you have to live with these things in a house usually, so noise becomes an issue.
Try to run at the lowest temp for the max noise you can cope with while ensuring that you rig's safe from rain (and potentially fog).
EDIT: Also, make sure to have the external fan as close to the coolest air as possible while ensuring the cool air it's pushing towards the cards can actually reach.
Putting the fan as close as possible to the cards is rarely the best idea as it'll end up pulling some of the hot air from the cards back through recirculating it, the air doesn't just come from the back of the fan, what also happens is a low pressure area is created infront of the fan due to the fast moving air. The surrounding air will try to fill that area as fast as possible from wherever it can.. Think of when changing the binliner in the kitchen, when you put the bag in, it's all tight, so you blow in there to open it out. If you put your head right in there, the only air to get in will be from your lungs, blow in from further out and you end up with a lot of the surrounding air going in too Video example

Aftermarket coolers and particularly water cooling or mineral oil cooling is great.

Aftermarket coolers are nearly always far better at cooling than the ones that come on cards from the factory (especially the R9 290(x) stock coolers which are terrible), giving better temps at far lower noise levels. ~ £30-£40 per card

Water cooling allows the radiator to be put in an optimal location, allows the cooling capacity to be shared around all the cards attached and can allow for easy expansion in the summer or when adding additional rigs. A significant drop in power consumption is also possible (~10% depending on GPU and cooling capacity of your setup). ~£800-1000 for 6 R9 290s (then £80-100 per card thereafter until an additional or larger radiator is required)

Mineral oil (submerged) cooling is excellent for cards doing mining as it cools the entire card equally and is relatively cheap. The big downside though is if you have to change anything its very messy. ~£300-£500 per rig

I'd be happy to give folks advice on cooling their rigs better on a case by case basis, it gets tricky when talking about specifics on a general basis as we're talking here about rigs of 3 x R9 270s (400W) upto 6 x R9 290x's. (2.5KW) and varying budgets, climates acceptable noise levels etc...

EDIT: This video is worth a watch if you're not experienced at fiddling with computer hardware and all the above was interesting and useful for you, give this video a try

Linus Tech Tips: Safe PC Temperatures as Fast As Possible

Tired of how corrupt and  the world is? You're not alone
Take 2 hours to learn some stuff
angryacorn

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:03:43 PM

Luvvin it!

Traded my mined Cat & Doge for Btc on Cryptsy (for the voting points) moved 0.016 Btc to MintPal & started buying 100,000 Zeit @ 2 satoshi a time after every 2 sales @ 1 satoshi had gone through, now lots of other peeps are doing it too.

Would it be REALLY evil of me to buy a few hundred @ THREE satoshi, just to shake the mix up a bit?

I may join you! haha
TuxNut

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

I am a Supporter of . . . . TZM & TVP

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:04:59 PM

You can't just buy @ 3, you'd have to get through the 2 wall first.

Tired of how corrupt and  the world is? You're not alone
Take 2 hours to learn some stuff
ydrogios

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:10:07 PM

Luvvin it!

I may join you! haha
Me toooooooooooo Grin Grin
stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:12:08 PM

Good info on the cooling, TuxNut. Thanks for posting it!! If I ever have enough spare change lying around to invest in a mining rig I will be sure to hit you up for some setup advice!

Pages: « 1 ... 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [284] 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: