Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:34:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed GC3355 5 Chip Setup/power/windows/linux/rpi by UnicornHasher  (Read 365535 times)
wolfey2014

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 03:37:43 PM

Wolfey,

What Platform are using to control the units?

I don't touch my gridseeds unless someone is leasing and asks for a change to be made.  I have 1 of mine and 2 customer units leased out on leaserig as well with no complaints. 

I'm running cpuminer - Scrypt only version, on Windows 7.
How may GS5's are you running? No problems? No failures?

I'm running cpuminer - Scrypt only version, on Windows 7.
How may GS5's are you running? No problems? No failures?

Ah, I see you're already on a host computer. Disregard my last message.

I suggest you mess around with trying to cgminer to work, maybe that will solve your problems.

Does anyone else run these on windows with cpuminer that can vouch for stability?

I'm thinking you are using a linux based system CoinHoarder?

Wolfey what is your HUB and Power Supply?

The PSU is my own home made 40 Amp rectified and regulated 13.8VDC power supply. Runs flawlessly and has full protections incorporated as well.

HUB is a 13 port Inland USB 2.0 480Mbps unit powered by 2.5 Amp switching wall wart.

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ghur

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:38:34 PM

I've tried searching this, but I couldn't quite find this on my own.

What are the power requirements from the USB hub in single mode?
Would a powered USB hub with 500mA per port suffice?

doge: D8q8dR6tEAcaJ7U65jP6AAkiiL2CFJaHah
Automated faucet, pays daily: Qoinpro
synapses11

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:29:10 PM

I was wondering if anyone can give me a pointer.  I have 4 gpus and 2 gridseeds.  I run 2 seperate instances of cgminer for them one for gpus and obviously one for the gridseeds.  I got annoyed about this so I decided to compile cgminer with gridseed and gpu support.  If I run my compiled cgminer without the gridseeds, everything is fine the gpus mine perfectly, or vice versa the gridseeds mine fine on it.  However when I try to have all devices mine through it.  The GPUS get tons of HW errors and the gridseeds mine fine.  I put the same clock settings and everything as I normally would.  Somehow cgminer doesnt like having them all together.  Is there something I need to put in my conf file or is it simply not possible to run the gridseeds and gpus under one instance of cgminer.  Any help is appreciated.
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:02:37 PM

I was wondering if anyone can give me a pointer.  I have 4 gpus and 2 gridseeds.  I run 2 seperate instances of cgminer for them one for gpus and obviously one for the gridseeds.  I got annoyed about this so I decided to compile cgminer with gridseed and gpu support.  If I run my compiled cgminer without the gridseeds, everything is fine the gpus mine perfectly, or vice versa the gridseeds mine fine on it.  However when I try to have all devices mine through it.  The GPUS get tons of HW errors and the gridseeds mine fine.  I put the same clock settings and everything as I normally would.  Somehow cgminer doesnt like having them all together.  Is there something I need to put in my conf file or is it simply not possible to run the gridseeds and gpus under one instance of cgminer.  Any help is appreciated.

I got a set of GS yesterday. I tried to plug them into the USB hub then into a Windows box running cgminer.
However, cgminer doesn't see these GS devices. Can someone point me to whatever thread talks about how to get cgminer to recognize the GS devices?
Thanks
miaviator (OP)
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 05:06:20 PM

I've tried searching this, but I couldn't quite find this on my own.

What are the power requirements from the USB hub in single mode?
Would a powered USB hub with 500mA per port suffice?

So long as the overall hub power is greater than 100mA per port it shouldn't be an issue per the gridseed spec sheet.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 05:08:00 PM

I got a set of GS yesterday. I tried to plug them into the USB hub then into a Windows box running cgminer.
However, cgminer doesn't see these GS devices. Can someone point me to whatever thread talks about how to get cgminer to recognize the GS devices?
Thanks

It's on the first page under the windows section.  You need to change the driver for the gridseed.

I should be taking new screenshots next week for that section as well.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 05:09:26 PM

The PSU is my own home made 40 Amp rectified and regulated 13.8VDC power supply. Runs flawlessly and has full protections incorporated as well.

HUB is a 13 port Inland USB 2.0 480Mbps unit powered by 2.5 Amp switching wall wart.

You know I'm going to ask if you can try a retail power supply right?

You don't get any specific errors or indicators in your even viewer?

SummersideGuy

Activity: 518

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:12:08 PM

OK so I tried dual mining at 850mhz on both sha and scrypt and I start to get a ton of red noonce on the scrypt, If I keep scrypt at 850 and reduce Sha to 800 or less the red noonce go away. So I currently have Sha at 750 ant scrypt at 850. I am getting 6GH/s sha and 360kh/s Scrypt. I feel this works best for me.
daemonfox

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:19:18 PM

I am using the power brick, with mine plugged directly into my PC USB 2.0 and I also suffer these same hang ups for no reason... oddly enough never during the day while I am at this PC... only while I sleep. I feel your pain Wolfey.

I am on Win 7 Ult 64 using cgminer for Sha and cpuminer to dual mine scrypt.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 05:27:26 PM

Right, you just had to!  Cheesy
Believe me, there is nothing wrong with my psu. It is a commercial grade unit. But, I forgive you.  Grin

Nope, no specific indicators or errors. Just quits. Not sure why, obviously. I've tried reducing FIFO's, which seemed to help and it did not adversely effect hashing rates at all. My 6 miners are averaging over 2200 KHs, server side.
I have disabled all power saving options so nothing gets poled or turned off by accident.
It's weird that all 6 of them quit outputting completed work at the same time.
Indicates USB comm port failure at the hub's input from the PC's USB port.
I'm getting tired of farting around with it.

I'd love to have a macro that detects and resets the comm ports any time this happens.
Any suggestions?

I do not believe converting over to another program like cgminer or bfgminer will make any difference, based on everything I've been reading about them.
It's a bug that every user has no matter the time between resterts. It's a chronic problem!

Wolfey2014

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 05:28:23 PM

I am using the power brick, with mine plugged directly into my PC USB 2.0 and I also suffer these same hang ups for no reason... oddly enough never during the day while I am at this PC... only while I sleep. I feel your pain Wolfey.

That's two win7x64 with the same issue, anyone else?

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 05:33:38 PM

Believe me, there is nothing wrong with my psu. It is a commercial grade unit. But, I forgive you.  Grin

Nope, no specific indicators or errors. Just quits. Not sure why, obviously. I've tried reducing FIFO's, which seemed to help and it did not adversely effect hashing rates at all. My 6 miners are averaging over 2200 KHs, server side.
I have disabled all power saving options so nothing gets poled or turned off by accident.

I'd love to have a macro that detects and resets the comm ports any time this happens.
Any suggestions?

I do not believe converting over to another program like cgminer or bfgminer will make any difference, based on everything I've been reading about them.
It's a bug that every user has no matter the time between resterts. It's a chronic problem!

Wolfey2014

Schedule a reboot every hour just like asiabtc did with their v2 controller firmware Smiley

Seriously though I wonder if it is a windows issue of some sort with the driver and the gridseeds?

I won't have my next batch until mid-week where I can use the same platform for testing. 

You could http://www.amazon.com/WeMo-Electronics-Anywhere-Automation-Smartphones/dp/B00EOEDJ9W/ref=pd_sim_e_13?ie=UTF8&refRID=1BR63Q98NFM7F1D1QRBN autorestart the power supply when they fail.  You'd have to build your macro though.  If I didn't slander someone earlier for saying to convert to raspi I might say the same thing Smiley

bttalkdim

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:36:10 PM

I currently have Sha at 750 ant scrypt at 850.

I think one chip can't work on two different freq.
As I remember for Scrypt core used part of BTC core, so maybe these two cores can't work on different freqs.
(but not sure)
Maybe for whole chip used first BTC freq. and second is ignored..

Can somebody confirm is it true or not ?
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 05:42:20 PM

That's two win7x64 with the same issue, anyone else?

Actually, my Win 7 is 32 bit.... Wink

usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:44:55 PM

Thanks

It's on the first page under the windows section.  You need to change the driver for the gridseed.

I should be taking new screenshots next week for that section as well.
Thanks, found it.
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 05:47:04 PM

Any suggestions?

Wolfey2014

Schedule a reboot every hour just like asiabtc did with their v2 controller firmware Smiley

Seriously though I wonder if it is a windows issue of some sort with the driver and the gridseeds?

I won't have my next batch until mid-week where I can use the same platform for testing. 

You could http://www.amazon.com/WeMo-Electronics-Anywhere-Automation-Smartphones/dp/B00EOEDJ9W/ref=pd_sim_e_13?ie=UTF8&refRID=1BR63Q98NFM7F1D1QRBN autorestart the power supply when they fail.  You'd have to build your macro though.  If I didn't slander someone earlier for saying to convert to raspi I might say the same thing Smiley

Dude! You're kidding, right?

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 05:48:29 PM

As I remember for Scrypt core used part of BTC core, so maybe these two cores can't work on different freqs.
(but not sure)

I've heard more success running the BTC core at a different freq than the LTC core.  I don't know if it's technically accurate or if it does anything.  At a minimum it has a positive placebo effect in dual mode Smiley

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 05:49:24 PM

Dude! You're kidding, right?

Which part?

wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 05:51:53 PM

Got it. Thanks for your sympathy  Embarrassed
Yep, lots of us are dealing with it. At least I've managed to mitigate the problem somewhat.
I'll either figure this out and post the fix or find a way to automatically restart them when they do decide they want to take a break! Frikkin machines! DO WTF YOU ARE TOLD!!!!!!  Angry

Wolfey2014

wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 05:55:09 PM

(but not sure)

They simply, can not run two different frequencies at the same time.
One is simply over riding the other - evidently un-noticeably.
There is only 1 clock generator and bus for all chips on the card so.....

Wolfey2014

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: