Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:57:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Algorithmically placed FPGA miner: 255MH/s/chip, supports all known boards  (Read 119415 times)
kakobrekla

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 12:13:32 AM

Probably a good idea, as long as ignore is added until reasonable sample is gathered (~10min after reset?).

Actually, I'd leave it up to the user.  Frankly, I need both.  A time to first check samples, and the the frequency of checking rates thereafter.

Lets see what ET will say about it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 12:28:37 AM

1. If the work is more than a few minutes old, the pool reports "unknown-work" or similar.  Most pools only retain the outstanding jobs in RAM, and since this is limited they forget jobs after 90 seconds or so.  If you try to submit a nonce from a job older than this the pool will reject it even if it's valid (and even if it would have resulted in finding a block!).
Of course, since the work IS invalid.

The problem is your software not adhering to the rules given it by the pool - don't try and shift the blame elsewhere.
The pool states the time that work is valid - and your software should adhere to that.
Yes it is a bug in your miner, as you have implied, but that is all it is - the '90 seconds or so' is not some uncertain number as you are implying, it is specified to you by the pool.

There is also a very important reason why that work SHOULD be invalid - it directly represents increasing BTC transaction confirm times.
If you work on a piece of work for half an hour (on a long block) there will be half an hour of BTC transactions that you have ignored if you find a block.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
eldentyrell (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 02:06:26 AM

I'd like to make a suggestion: please add something to the effect of minimum_accept_timeframe, so that we can change the frequency that the accept rate is checked.

Hey sure, that's easy.  I have added it to 1.60 (see below).

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
eldentyrell (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 02:09:54 AM

The pool states the time that work is valid - and your software should adhere to that.

Satoshi's original GetWork API does not provide this information.

Is there some extension that does?  If so, I will support it.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
eldentyrell (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 02:10:23 AM

TML 1.60 is posted.

15.Dec.2012  Version 1.60
             Add -Daccept_rate_check_ms=X option to control accept-rate check frequency
             Give RingWrapper.currentJob its own separate lock
             Clean up ping threads from dropped signcryption connections
             Call Thread.setName() more often to help with debugging
             Stop trying to read the output pointer after 10 failures

kano
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 06:49:55 AM

Satoshi's original GetWork API does not provide this information.

Is there some extension that does?  If so, I will support it.
Hmm - I'm wrong - it's only with roll-n-time that you get any expiry information from the pool.
cgminer sets it directly.
Oh well - it's an option in cgminer that defaults to 120s (that you can reduce if your pool has it shorter and thus rejects work too often)
Thus since the default in cgminer is 120s I'd guess that means most pools allow 120s also

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
BR0KK

Activity: 784

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 12:04:45 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2012, 12:36:24 PM by BR0KK

Can someone help a windows noob to get tml running:

Ztex with -m c option working:

Ztex with new tml:

What am i looking at here? There's an error but that thing seems to run somehow?

Now somehow tml recognized the board:

But still not working. There's a lib USB error ?

Dumb question: Does this software run with p2Pool or do i need to switch to a prorietary pool like EMC?

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 12:32:19 PM

Hmm - I'm wrong
See? Respect the man who admits when he's wrong. Might have to save this link for future use...

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
eldentyrell (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 01:31:18 AM

Oh well - it's an option in cgminer that defaults to 120s (that you can reduce if your pool has it shorter and thus rejects work too often)

Same with TML, although the default is 90 seconds:

$ java -jar tml.jar

usage: java [<properties>] -jar tml.jar <devs> <urls>
     max_job_age               maximum age of a job (1m30s)

eldentyrell (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 01:33:09 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2012, 01:50:56 AM by eldentyrell

Please post your logs as text files, not images.  Also, please don't host your stuff on sites that pop up obnoxious sports ads in my face when I try to view the log files.  Thanks.

Unfortunately the code that supports the ztex device's proprietary USB interface relies on ztex's USB code, which is full of bugs that have driven me to the brink of insanity.  Kakobrekla might be able to help you get it working, but you're really better off using JTAG instead of that board's proprietary USB connection.

Dumb question: Does this software run with p2Pool or do i need to switch to a prorietary pool like EMC?

You can use any pool you like.  You can even solo mine with the TML.

eldentyrell (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 01:34:52 AM

I'd like to make a suggestion: please add something to the effect of minimum_accept_timeframe, so that we can change the frequency that the accept rate is checked.

Hey sure, that's easy.  I have added it to 1.60 (see below).

Grr, I left out the commit that enables this feature.  I've re-uploaded 1.60 fixing that (and not changing anything else); if you downloaded it 1.60 already and want this feature, please re-download.  The shasum of the updated jar is 689d00e5ac86cabfde749ac11a912ec35a27bf54

kakobrekla

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 01:39:40 AM

Sorry for the late reply, not that is of much use. Unfortunately in all my efforts I didn't manage to get past invalid interface -1 on any of my windows setups. Virtual machine will fix this for you.

Seems like a part of ztex's lib acts differently under Windows.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 01:45:49 AM

Unfortunately for ztex board the TML relies on ztex's USB code, which is full of bugs that have driven me to the brink of insanity.  Kakobrekla might be able to help you get it working, but you're really better off using JTAG.
Having battled with USB in windows a few weeks back I can suggest some hints that *might* be relevant:

Firstly, ensure it is indeed libusb and not libusbx being used.

Secondly, I had to make sure the driver was WinUSB (+libusb) and that solved the cgminer windows USB issues
(Zadig - http://sourceforge.net/projects/libwdi/files/zadig/)
the code worked fine with linux from the outset but I then spent small parts of a couple of weeks until I found all the extra code I added wasn't actually mandatory ... though certainly useful Smiley

Though of course with java YMMV (i.e. it may not be relevant)

eldentyrell (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 02:11:20 AM

Hmm - I'm wrong
See? Respect the man who admits when he's wrong. Might have to save this link for future use...

Indeed, that is unusual for kano -- he still hasn't admitted he was wrong about his absurd claim that the TML was derived from cgminer.

lukasbradley
Donator

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 05:29:17 AM

Looking good so far on 1.60 on MMQs.  It's been running stably for 3 hours now on 2 miners.

I'm going to guess this was the change that did it:

Code:

I'll let everyone know more tomorrow morning if it stays up all night.
kano
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 06:56:50 AM

Hmm - I'm wrong

Indeed, that is unusual for kano -- he still hasn't admitted he was wrong about his absurd claim that the TML was derived from cgminer.
LOL - that comment was exactly as it says - sarcasm stating if you're charging for your service, since you made the claim that you spent so many hours doing it (way many less hours than have been spent on cgminer by the likes of jgarzik, ckolivas, myself and others) then make sure you provide your own miner rather than expecting someone with a free miner to do that work for you.
Which you did.
No idea why your confusion level is so high understanding that simple post.

lukasbradley
Donator

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 05:07:51 PM

Looking good so far on 1.60 on MMQs.  It's been running stably for 3 hours now on 2 miners.

Code:

I spoke too soon... it died.  Ugh... what a bad night.

Will rewrite the shell script tonight to try to use the new command line args.
kakobrekla

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 06:29:58 PM

Code:

Can you send a log to email?

kakobrekla

lukasbradley
Donator

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 07:19:23 PM

Code:

kakobrekla

I will, but it's the same issue as before.  The process continues to report on the miner, but the miner apparently stops.  Hashing drops to zero over 3 or so minutes.
kakobrekla

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 07:27:16 PM

Code:

kakobrekla

I will, but it's the same issue as before.  The process continues to report on the miner, but the miner apparently stops.  Hashing drops to zero over 3 or so minutes.

Ok, just to make sure this is the second 1.60 with shasum of 689d00e5ac86cabfde749ac11a912ec35a27bf54? If it is, lets wait for ET to go through the log.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: