Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:08:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to exchange your altcoins for dollars or btc?  (Read 3317 times)
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 02:38:26 PM

I think it really depends of what you want to do with that money. If you have to withdraw and spend in real world it's better to change to $. On the other hand, if you still want to hold money in crypto, it's better to change to Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
daglordjames

Activity: 550
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:14:04 PM

For me ill exchange it to bitcoin because the price of it might go higher and exchange the some of it to dollars.
mainthread

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:32:26 PM

I believe that those of us involved in the field of cryptocurrencies should feel compelled to act in accordance with our ideals and therefore, we should prioritize the accumulation of bitcoins before the accumulation of dollars.

We must always keep in mind that one of the reasons that led to the emergence of cryptocurrencies is the search for alternatives to fiat money, therefore there would be no reason for us to exchange our valuable cryptos for centralized money.

I think that at the moment it does not make sense to exchange your alternative currencies for BTC or USDT. I do not think that the market will continue to fall...
There is no universal solution for this issue. Everyone should have their own tactics and strategy.
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:57:16 PM

I believe that those of us involved in the field of cryptocurrencies should feel compelled to act in accordance with our ideals and therefore, we should prioritize the accumulation of bitcoins before the accumulation of dollars.

We must always keep in mind that one of the reasons that led to the emergence of cryptocurrencies is the search for alternatives to fiat money, therefore there would be no reason for us to exchange our valuable cryptos for centralized money.

its depend if you want to hedge the value of btc then you should convert your alts to usdt and wait for the dip like the current dip to buy more btc and bags of alts.. don't forget it is the $$ in which we value the price of btc so fiat is also important for the value estimation

Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 04:00:33 PM

On this falling market of course better to exchange to usdt.
You can rebuy so fast and increae amount of alts

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
Welckomtome

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 04:02:08 PM

tjere is no straight answer taht would be necessary amd yuseful for you and you need to know that you should know better what to do
Welckomtome

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 04:02:52 PM

On this falling market of course better to exchange to usdt.
You can rebuy so fast and increae amount of alts
well itos true but i doubt that it would work for every pwrson as diffeetn peopel have different plans for their businesses
Gyromancer

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 04:05:30 PM

Right what you say. If we will only exchange our crypto currency with fiat currency then in my opinion it is no different than before we know crypto currency. Crypto currency is available to provide convenience that cannot be done by fiat currencies. If we will only exchange it for fiat currency again then we cannot feel the benefits of the crypto currency freely. We better exchange our altcoins with bitcoin than with dollars because in the short term, bitcoin is still one of the potential coins. If we exchange it with a fiat currency then we will be cut off from the crypto currency. But if we keep exchanging for crypto currencies then we can still feel the benefits that this crypto currency brings.

kokobaba880

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 04:15:23 PM

if you are interested in crypto then investment here is good because you are mentally ready for it and through this we can secure our future like i want to be successful in this market so for that i will must come and buy some coins which has a good reputation in the market. i want to exchange altcoins to bitcoin because through bitcoin i can then exchange there to others.

ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 04:17:19 PM

YES it is a hundred percent good for it.
But this is on base t base basis!
why is that? i will ask you... will you let your token slip and got the low value if your holdings got the best potential in the market?
this is what i am telling to everyone, make a research coz every crypto has its own project and potential.
yulchatar

Activity: 910

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 04:21:37 PM

I also choose bitcoin. I sell some altcoins if I see that the price suits me and then convert everything into bitcoin. But I still hold some altcoins. Those that I consider promising.
SoloV

Activity: 504
Merit: 112

quarkchain.io

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 04:49:53 PM

I sell altcoins only when these coins and tokens are more expensive than the price at which I bought them. I do not think it is right to sell at a loss. Must wait.

SeVenlast

Activity: 413

● KEEP CALM & HODL ●

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 03:34:04 PM

I sell altcoins only when these coins and tokens are more expensive than the price at which I bought them. I do not think it is right to sell at a loss. Must wait.

It's stupid to do this because you have been difficult to buy at a good price and sell at a bad price. Unreasonable step.

●    ●
 ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●   ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
e@symode

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 05:40:03 PM

I think it really depends of what you want to do with that money. If you have to withdraw and spend in real world it's better to change to $. On the other hand, if you still want to hold money in crypto, it's better to change to Bitcoin.
Yes, you are absolutely right, I probably would have done the same, but I do not understand how to do it now, because the prices for altcoins that I previously bought at prices that are 10 or 100 times higher than those that are now on the market and sell for such Cheap prices, I just do not see the point.
jekainvestor

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 05:47:38 PM

first of all it depends on your belief into crypocurrency and the crypto market in whole. if you believe in the crypto you should better to exchange your altcoins into the Bitcoin. If not - then ou should better exchange it into the fiat dollars. But personally I trust more to the Bitcoin and its future than in the fiat dollar.
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 06:16:42 PM

first of all it depends on your belief into crypocurrency and the crypto market in whole. if you believe in the crypto you should better to exchange your altcoins into the Bitcoin. If not - then ou should better exchange it into the fiat dollars. But personally I trust more to the Bitcoin and its future than in the fiat dollar.

It is not so important what you believe, what you know is important. After all, if you know that the dollar and bitcoin will collapse, you would prefer to spend these assets as soon as possible, maybe you would buy the necessary products and goods, which later would have much more value than money.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
xhibit1

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 06:21:51 PM

There are only but a few crytpocurrency exchanges that have trading pairs for Altcoins to Fiat. But it is still cool if a trader decides to exchange his/her Altcoin to FIAT because Fiat do not Depreciate in value like BTC do.
Invigorated

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 06:48:26 PM

I think it has to do with the market situation at that moment. If its dipping uncontrollably then the wisest thing will be to convert your altcoins to USDT which is a more stable coin. If the price of Bitcoin is appreciating, then it is wise to leverage your altcoins on bitcoin and in so doing, profit with the appreciation of Bitcoin. In all, taking a definitive step as regarding your altcoins depends on the price and reaction of Bitcoin in the open market. This is because bitcoin tends to control the direction of almost all altcoins. Check their past price movements and make your decision from there.
MCJamison1987

Activity: 185

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 06:55:01 PM

[/quote]

Absolutely agreed. I would go for BTC too. The price is rather low now, but thats the thing with crypto.
Unpredictable yet calculative
bawa_23

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 06:55:16 PM

We have to exchange our altcoins to dollar or BTC as it is not vast acceptable & for daily needs we have to exchange it. But we should exchange more in to BTC as its price will rise soon & we will gain good profit. It all depends on the mind & belief of a person how much he is inspired from crypto.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: