Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:31:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to exchange your altcoins for dollars or btc?  (Read 3317 times)
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 05:49:20 PM

It is better to hedge, I know there is nothing like blind trust, the current market situation has taught me a lesson about what hedgefund true purpose is, assuming I have 10BTC in January and I decided to go against the market with 2BTC which would be around $35k, that would have help me cushion the effect of this drop
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tonyvo2017

Activity: 526
Merit: 10

Lifestyle & Wellness Platform

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 06:16:26 PM

I believe that those of us involved in the field of cryptocurrencies should feel compelled to act in accordance with our ideals and therefore, we should prioritize the accumulation of bitcoins before the accumulation of dollars.

We must always keep in mind that one of the reasons that led to the emergence of cryptocurrencies is the search for alternatives to fiat money, therefore there would be no reason for us to exchange our valuable cryptos for centralized money.
That is a good point, but most of the people who enter the cryprto market now mostly want to make a profit from it by converting to cash. So that is why our market always has difficulties making the value of btc or altcoins decrease. Because they do not really understand the potential that crypto has. I hope it will not happen in the future

igor.vanyutin.83

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 07:28:06 PM

It depends on what your goals are. If you are ready to take the risks and to hold your altcoins to become the maximal profit in the future, than do so. But if not, I would recommend to switch to USDT or to BTC, because they are more stable at the moment.
livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 09:04:28 PM

yes I also think so, but if I hurry to swap the altcoin that I have to BTC, the result will be a little. so I waited for the right time to exchange my altcoin with bitcoin, so that the profits I got could match what I expected.
BTC is the safest coin all of this bear market. You will not know on how long this bear would be but as long as bitcoin indicates and tells what will be the fate of cryptocurrencies, you'll have the safer side.

You can exchange all of those altcoins you've got unless you really think that it will be big someday.
A question is how to determine what coins to keep or what are those who needed to let go, not even top 10 coins are doing any better, but just like what you have said bitcoin is the top 1 that investors needs to focus while its still in the bearish market, time will come and it will bounce back imagine how big the last massive pumped and how good the profits that you can take if you will take time and wait.
A bit research would do on what coin you will be needing to hold until this bear ends. You can do it within few minutes and read a lot of reviews, unending reviews with that coin that you are putting your heart.

Everyone is waiting for the bounce back but settle it until January 2019. And just give this year to the bear and just HODL, relax while the market is bleeding. Take time to shop those coins especially the most mentioned coin, bitcoin.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 09:21:03 PM

I believe everything has it's own positive and negative side.
But i prefer to choose exchanging my coins into BTC cause it will have a bigger chance of increase in the future. but the negative side would be it got so much volatility compared to dollars/FIAT.
And we are experimenting that volatility at this very moment, anyone that choose to convert his bitcoins to fiat before all of this happened is probably laughing about his good luck or about his great ability to predict what the market was going to do because a person that converted all his bitcoin to fiat now is getting incredible profits and could buy a lot more bitcoin when he decides to enter the market again.
Rengganis

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 09:50:40 PM

if I am told to choose at this time, of course I will choose to make my money in the form of dollars rather than BTC, because now the price of BTC is not stable, so it will be very risky if I invest in BTC, better on the dollar which tends to be stable because there are backups from the world bank
bkbirge

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 09:51:17 PM

I suggest exchanging it for chocolate and whisky.
Dobby070
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

www.codex.one

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 09:53:14 PM

I believe that those of us involved in the field of cryptocurrencies should feel compelled to act in accordance with our ideals and therefore, we should prioritize the accumulation of bitcoins before the accumulation of dollars.

We must always keep in mind that one of the reasons that led to the emergence of cryptocurrencies is the search for alternatives to fiat money, therefore there would be no reason for us to exchange our valuable cryptos for centralized money.

If we really have the mindset of cryptocurrency, we are not going to rely on our current fiat and our own economic. But I guess the reason why people are still converting their cryptos for dollar or fiat is that, cryptos are not yet really stable and they are afraid to lose.

Tigra3458

Activity: 134
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 09:37:44 PM

In connection with the sharp fall in the exchange rate of Bitcoin for him and all the other altcoins, the best strategy is to stay in bitcoin and wait for market reversal.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 09:39:31 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2018, 02:10:34 AM by Question123

Depends to your taste. If you want to exchange to dollars it's up to you. But better to have also bitcoin incase the price increase you can earn money. Because once you convert your altcoins to dollars the price is fix and you wil not earn money but you will not lose money too.
dimox
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 09:43:28 PM

sometimes it sound better but sometimes its better if you hold on altcoin. depend on market or bitcoin price, and it depend on people.
im hold some coin for some reason, but if i know some coin dont have future, i will exchange in eth. but, in a fact, i always holding coin for a while
nytrolic

Activity: 165

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 09:45:55 PM

I think yes . Using dollat while exchange altcions are better alternative. Because at the end of that trade i am looking my profits in usd value. But while doing trade with a altcoin and if we are selling that for eth or btc that can be painful during dumps. Because we are losing some money twice . Eth dollar value decreasing and altcoins eth value decreasing so we are losing more money. So i think exchange altcoins with dollar is better than btc or ethereum.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
yrrehc16

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 09:48:23 PM

It always depends on the market.
If you know that your token value will go low or fall hard (alts) then you should exchange it to FIAT or BTC.
If the token will go rise then keep it on your wallet.
same goes for Bitcoin or other alternative cryptocurrencies.
Niobeh

Activity: 275
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:06:10 PM

It always depends on the market.
If you know that your token value will go low or fall hard (alts) then you should exchange it to FIAT or BTC.
If the token will go rise then keep it on your wallet.
same goes for Bitcoin or other alternative cryptocurrencies.
For me ,much better to exchange my altcoin with bitcoin because the market has already proven and have a good fluctuation unlike dollars it was stable but in a lower rate.

bvg96634

Activity: 482
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 04:57:53 PM

I think u need to hold Eth, but sell other altcoins by fiat or bitcoins, a lot of altcoins arent stable now, u need to be careful .
Teal Deer

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 05:07:24 PM

I would also advise to exchange better for bitcoin. At least I so often arrive and I think this option the most improved. But still your business and you must do only as they see fit, taking full responsibility for their actions.
Bitcoin_Speculator

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 06:17:29 PM

For me, trade altcoins with regard to bucks or even BTC that's the incorrect point, this course of action can make marketplace red-colored since the prominence associated with bitcoin can get more powerful whilst altcoins will forfeit worth as well as pass away.
Tearz

Activity: 627
Merit: 250

The Pope Of Dope

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 06:31:01 PM

Nobody tells you wich is better, it depends from market situation, right now I prefer hold my money at usdt and I probably will buy some bitcoins if price will drop do 4000, however some alts even now can give a lot of profit.

Welcome to the future of the  █████████████████████████████
BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██               ██             ██
██          ███████████▄          ██
██             ███▀▀▀▀████          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███▄▄▄▄████          ██
██             █████████▀           ██
██            ███ ██              ██
██            ███                 ██
██         ███████              ██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
PointPay   |

|
|

|

█                       █
                     █  ███                  █
                     █  █  █                 █
                     █  ███              ███████
                     █  █                █ █   █
                     █                   ███████
                     █ █ █ █                 █

Multi-currency Wallet
  [] 
                                                  █
                                  █               █
                          █       █               █
                          █       █             █████
                          █     █████     █     █   █
                        █████   █   █     █     █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █████   █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █   █   █   █
                        █   █   █████   █   █   █████
                        █   █     █     █   █     █
                        █████     █     █████     █
                          █       █       █
                          █               █
                          █
Crypto Exchange Platform
syypro

Activity: 368

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 06:47:34 PM

Very correct words you wrote here. But the majority will follow the goal of easy money, and this hinders the rapid development of BTC in the real world. Let's see what will happen after 5 years. I think we will use Crypto, just like we are using Visa or MasterCard

Pontorez

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 04:17:25 AM

In each case, the decision depends on the current situation in the crypto market. For example, last year altcoins showed really rapid growth, therefore they brought excellent returns to their investors. Personally, I prefer to distribute my money for the purchase of BTC and reliable altcoins, I keep dollars only for everyday expenses.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: