Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 06:20:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Efudd Z-Series Fuddware 2.3 -Z11/Z11e/Z11j/Z9/Mini  (Read 45461 times)
ZergeZ

Activity: 24
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 08:00:11 PM

Folk,

...After this release I am focused on hardware aspects; specifically getting control over the fan, temp, and hopefully voltage. I've put a number of hours into research and testing on those aspects and now have some confidence in my understanding of how the controls currently work -- its just a matter of me getting control over them now.
Thank you,
Jason

I think that you firstly need to learn how to change the voltage on the chips, and only then - control the fan. Although it’s likely to be related things.

I have several devices from different batches: 1,2,3. And they all work differently: 1 batch - when the frequency increases from 500 to 750, the voltage also changes from 0.8V to 0.85V

2 - batch: with increasing frequency - the voltage changes, but at a frequency of about 668-700 current protection is activated, and the PWM converter turns off
3 - batch: - When changing the frequency, the voltage DOES NOT CHANGE. At any frequency - the voltage on the chips is 0.8V

I use immersion cooling, and the temperature on the chips is less than 50 degrees at any frequency, on any batch. Therefore, if it were possible to control the voltage, I could easily check how much the maximum frequency could be increased.

If voltage cant control thru the software a hardware mod can be done to increase the voltage higher then the .80 as with most devices if you increase the freq the power needs to rise some to make it effective
I didn't understand nothing in you answer!  Epxplain me detail -  what you wanted to say
chipless

Activity: 559
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 08:59:36 PM

Folk,

...After this release I am focused on hardware aspects; specifically getting control over the fan, temp, and hopefully voltage. I've put a number of hours into research and testing on those aspects and now have some confidence in my understanding of how the controls currently work -- its just a matter of me getting control over them now.
Thank you,
Jason

I think that you firstly need to learn how to change the voltage on the chips, and only then - control the fan. Although it’s likely to be related things.

I have several devices from different batches: 1,2,3. And they all work differently: 1 batch - when the frequency increases from 500 to 750, the voltage also changes from 0.8V to 0.85V

2 - batch: with increasing frequency - the voltage changes, but at a frequency of about 668-700 current protection is activated, and the PWM converter turns off
3 - batch: - When changing the frequency, the voltage DOES NOT CHANGE. At any frequency - the voltage on the chips is 0.8V

I use immersion cooling, and the temperature on the chips is less than 50 degrees at any frequency, on any batch. Therefore, if it were possible to control the voltage, I could easily check how much the maximum frequency could be increased.

If voltage cant control thru the software a hardware mod can be done to increase the voltage higher then the .80 as with most devices if you increase the freq the power needs to rise some to make it effective
I didn't understand nothing in you answer!  Epxplain me detail -  what you wanted to say

In other words if you cant get good control of the ASIC power thru cgminer then a hardware mod could possibly be done to the hashboards to gain the extra power needed to clock them up higher

Share your results with others on my Discord channel
https://discord.gg/6t62apJ
ZergeZ

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 12:09:33 AM

I know that. But the crux of the matter is that the PWM stabilizer, which in turn is programmed by 16f1704, controls the voltage and current protection. It is necessary to understand how this microcontroller works together with the PWM stabilizer and change its program.
chipless

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:12:20 AM

I know that. But the crux of the matter is that the PWM stabilizer, which in turn is programmed by 16f1704, controls the voltage and current protection. It is necessary to understand how this microcontroller works together with the PWM stabilizer and change its program.

Pic microcontroller aren't very complicated most pic chips can be unlocked if you have the right equipment which I do but at the moment I don't want to rip one off a board just to dump the code. As far as the PWM  many of its routines off the fan rpm.

I don't fully get that part and Efudd has a better chance of getting past it right now then anyone else out there at the moment. 

One workaround could be to use a fan simulator telling the unit the fan rpm is over 5880 and this will allow for the unit to say ok we can give it some more power so at this point we need to figure out the code sent to the pic saying give more juice. Sometimes the fix could be a simple hardware mod by adding a resistor allowing a little more juice to get to the chip.

salvo2002

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 04:42:01 AM

I need a couple of testers for v2.1 for the Z9 Mini, and v2.1 for the Z9 large.
Send me a PM if you are interested -- I want to get some additional verification before "opening the floodgates".

Anyone beta testing with HiveOS?
ZergeZ

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 09:19:53 AM

Pic microcontroller aren't very complicated most pic chips can be unlocked if you have the right equipment which I do but at the moment I don't want to rip one off a board just to dump the code. As far as the PWM  many of its routines off the fan rpm.

I don't fully get that part and Efudd has a better chance of getting past it right now then anyone else out there at the moment. 

One workaround could be to use a fan simulator telling the unit the fan rpm is over 5880 and this will allow for the unit to say ok we can give it some more power so at this point we need to figure out the code sent to the pic saying give more juice. Sometimes the fix could be a simple hardware mod by adding a resistor allowing a little more juice to get to the chip.
Fan simulator solution gives nothing. I am using now fan simulator because I have no fans - I am cooling the asics by liquid. The speed of fan  is 30600rpm. But as the frequency rises, the voltage on the chips does not change (for 3-4 batch) or changes from 0.8 to 0.85v when the frequency changes from 500 to 750 MHz(for 102 batch). If I set the frequency higher than 750, the voltage remains constant at 0.85V and the hashrate does not change, but even drops.
chipless

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 09:50:58 AM

Jason

What do you get of this code here... it appears to be double checking fan and temps versus hashrate etc.... It is in the file sbin minerlcd there is more this is just a snippet of it. I assuming the word temp is the temp in c or f and tmp is what it is a tmp file or folder. Even though there is no lcd this routine still runs for the API I believe. Is it possible you can gain control over the fans at this point

if [ "${ant_tmp}" == "Socket connect failed: Connection refused" ]; then
       ant_ghs=0
       ant_fan=0
       ant_temp=0
       ant_poolurl=no
       ant_pooluser=no
    else
       ant_ghs=${ant_tmp#*GHSavg=}
       ant_ghs=${ant_ghs%%,fan=*}

ant_fan=${ant_tmp#*fan=}
       ant_fan=${ant_fan%%,temp=*}

ant_temp=${ant_tmp#*temp=}
       ant_temp=${ant_temp%%,pool=*}

ant_poolurl=${ant_tmp#*pool=}
       ant_poolurl=${ant_poolurl%%,user=*}
       ant_var=${ant_poolurl:0:7}
      if [ "${ant_var}" == "http://" ]; then
         ant_poolurl=${ant_poolurl:7}
       fi
      ant_pooluser=${ant_tmp#*user=}
       ant_pooluser=${ant_pooluser%%|*}
    fi

if false; then
    echo "IP:${ant_ip}"                 > /tmp/lcd.data
    echo "${ant_ghs}"              >> /tmp/lcd.data
    echo "${ant_fan} ${ant_temp}"  >> /tmp/lcd.data
    echo "Pl:${ant_poolurl}"         >> /tmp/lcd.data
    echo "Ur:${ant_pooluser}"        >> /tmp/lcd.data
   fi

chipless

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 09:54:28 AM

Fan simulator solution gives nothing. I am using now fan simulator because I have no fans - I am cooling the asics by liquid. The speed of fan  is 30600rpm. But as the frequency rises, the voltage on the chips does not change (for 3-4 batch) or changes from 0.8 to 0.85v when the frequency changes from 500 to 750 MHz(for 102 batch). If I set the frequency higher than 750, the voltage remains constant at 0.85V and the hashrate does not change, but even drops.

I have the same issue I could reach a higher freq but the hashrate starts to drop the batch 1's I can run at 762 and the batch 4's at 737 theZ9 full size I can only run at 656

ZergeZ

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 12:29:11 PM

The reason is clear. Lack of power supply. For frequencies above 750, it is necessary to increase the power supply to at least 0.9V with appropriate cooling of the chips and PWM drivers. At a frequency of 750, the chips work and do not fall off, but due to internal errors, the hashrate drops
efudd (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 51

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 04:04:22 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2018, 09:31:45 PM by efudd

Jason

What do you get of this code here... it appears to be double checking fan and temps versus hashrate etc.... It is in the file sbin minerlcd there is more this is just a snippet of it. I assuming the word temp is the temp in c or f and tmp is what it is a tmp file or folder. Even though there is no lcd this routine still runs for the API I believe. Is it possible you can gain control over the fans at this point

....snip...

Read only presentation variables for the UI.

chipless

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 07:24:12 PM

Jason

if [ "${ant_tmp}" == "Socket connect failed: Connection refused" ]; then
       ant_ghs=0
       ant_fan=0
       ant_temp=0
       ant_poolurl=no
       ant_pooluser=no
    else
       ant_ghs=${ant_tmp#*GHSavg=}
       ant_ghs=${ant_ghs%%,fan=*}

ant_fan=${ant_tmp#*fan=}
       ant_fan=${ant_fan%%,temp=*}

ant_temp=${ant_tmp#*temp=}
       ant_temp=${ant_temp%%,pool=*}

ant_poolurl=${ant_tmp#*pool=}
       ant_poolurl=${ant_poolurl%%,user=*}
       ant_var=${ant_poolurl:0:7}
      if [ "${ant_var}" == "http://" ]; then
         ant_poolurl=${ant_poolurl:7}
       fi
      ant_pooluser=${ant_tmp#*user=}
       ant_pooluser=${ant_pooluser%%|*}
    fi

if false; then
    echo "IP:${ant_ip}"                 > /tmp/lcd.data
    echo "${ant_ghs}"              >> /tmp/lcd.data
    echo "${ant_fan} ${ant_temp}"  >> /tmp/lcd.data
    echo "Pl:${ant_poolurl}"         >> /tmp/lcd.data
    echo "Ur:${ant_pooluser}"        >> /tmp/lcd.data
   fi

Read only presentation variables for the UI.

I find it odd if you look at how they are pairing the variables.... You have speed paired with fan then then temp and pool. Kind of odd pairs just to pass some variables  to the ui

efudd (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 08:21:08 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2018, 06:22:43 AM by efudd

That is just shell expansion and filters on the inputs stream instead of using things like sed and awk.

Just presentation. 100% sure. “Final answer” as some tv show used to say. Smiley

keksik

Activity: 169

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 10:09:25 PM

The reason is clear. Lack of power supply. For frequencies above 750, it is necessary to increase the power supply to at least 0.9V with appropriate cooling of the chips and PWM drivers. At a frequency of 750, the chips work and do not fall off, but due to internal errors, the hashrate drops

i have batch 1 running on 750Mhz, are u suggesting that goign above has no sense as the hash will drop due to not enough power?
efudd (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 11:04:32 PM

i have batch 1 running on 750Mhz, are u suggesting that goign above has no sense as the hash will drop due to not enough power?

It will vary by machine. You will have to see how yours behaves at a given frequency.

chipless

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 11:52:38 PM

My batch 1's run at 762 anything higher it loses hashrate but does not error so I know they can handle higher. I ran it as high as 800 but 1 board dropped within a few minutes. You also have to follow the clocking pattern it seems to go in intervals of 6 with the exception of a few where it jumps 7

ZergeZ

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 11:54:27 PM

I have batch 1 running on 750Mhz, are u suggesting that goign above has no sense as the hash will drop due to not enough power?
Absolutle so!.  I also have several batch1 devices  working in liquid. Temperature +45-48 degrees.  They all can work at 775MHz - but hashrate become lower. After 750Mhz, voltage on hash chips dosn't change - 0.85v, and this voltage not enough for  higher than 750Mhz freq.
efudd (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 12:29:50 AM

My batch 1's run at 762 anything higher it loses hashrate but does not error so I know they can handle higher. I ran it as high as 800 but 1 board dropped within a few minutes. You also have to follow the clocking pattern it seems to go in intervals of 6 with the exception of a few where it jumps 7

Ends in 3 or 8, +7. Otherwise +6

L1nk1g

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 01:48:23 AM

@ZergeZ

A lil bit off topic, could you post some images of that immersive cooling and possibly share how much did it cost you to install it.

Cheers.
ZergeZ

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 09:37:18 AM

@ZergeZ
A lil bit off topic, could you post some images of that immersive cooling and possibly share how much did it cost you to install it.
I everything described in other forum -  there are 2  my reviews about watercooling  - one about  videocards and one about immersion cooling 6*z9mini.
You can read and see photos here: https://miningclub.info/threads/zhidkostnoe-oxlazhdenie-ot-videokart-do-asic-ov.50759/
There are Russian language but  you can use google translator.
doZerilla

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 10:51:35 AM

Hi,

I used this software and my 3rd chain is missing?

I tried loading up default firmware and the chain is still missing?

Thanks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: