Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:58:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ICO ENDED] Jarvis Network - bridge legacy and digital finance  (Read 44706 times)
dubignyp

Activity: 260
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 03:57:22 PM

when you mentioned "Jarvis card" is it something like a debit or credit cards where a user can withdraw funds from an ATM or spend for online transactions?

As soon as Visa and MasterCard keep allowing to work with crypto related business, yes, it will. The main problem for Visa/Mastercard is the KYC/AML; they do not feel any threat from crypto, but they do not want to take the risk of supporting it. So strong KYC/AML has to be taken in place to provide such services. Alternatively, we have some plan B if a world ban happen on crypto card.

plan B? like issuing your own card based on the financial services that you provide? that would be risky in that context

It would be even bigger as a project, if they add that.
I know a few of them who already have their financial system registered in IBAN/SEPA and who have their credit card, with BTC to Euro conversion.

So it has now become a crypto/Fiat bank
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2842
Merit: 605

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 05:40:47 PM

currently, jarvis has demo mode with FXCM.
what the next forex exchange will be add by jarvis? it should be low spread, no commision, swap free, etc.
there are some big retail exchange regulated in europe as far as i know

So Jarvis itself do not add exchange; but Jarvis Trader (the interface) can be connected to several exchanges and FXCM. At the moment there is not another broker planned to be added soon, but next year we will try to add 1 or 2 more. It is very long to integrate a broker and not all the brokers allows to access the proper API to do so (unlike crypto exchanges which are more open).
so jarvis is not an exchange but a flexible interface with more options that for now relies on the api of fxcm , i hope next year you(team) manage to add also other exchanges...
Jarvis Edge (OP)

Activity: 864
Merit: 3

Interoperable finance | https://jarvis.network

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 05:44:51 PM

when you mentioned "Jarvis card" is it something like a debit or credit cards where a user can withdraw funds from an ATM or spend for online transactions?

As soon as Visa and MasterCard keep allowing to work with crypto related business, yes, it will. The main problem for Visa/Mastercard is the KYC/AML; they do not feel any threat from crypto, but they do not want to take the risk of supporting it. So strong KYC/AML has to be taken in place to provide such services. Alternatively, we have some plan B if a world ban happen on crypto card.

I assume you are not ready to hint what your plan B might be. I wonder how branchless banks or direct banks deal with KYC since they also dont have physical branches opened to public. Do they not issue credit cards?

No, I can Smiley I can give some hints at least; you do not always need Visa or Mastercard network to proceed to payment; NFC as example is a solution, but also crypto-friendly POS.

Visa and Mastercard like to work with bank because there is the highest level of KYC and AML; banks knows everything about you, your money, so there is a very very limited risk for Visa/Mastercard.

Borderless Trading and Interoperable Finance with Jarvis Network (https://www.jarvis.network/)
Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 05:46:52 PM

currently, jarvis has demo mode with FXCM.
what the next forex exchange will be add by jarvis? it should be low spread, no commision, swap free, etc.
there are some big retail exchange regulated in europe as far as i know

So Jarvis itself do not add exchange; but Jarvis Trader (the interface) can be connected to several exchanges and FXCM. At the moment there is not another broker planned to be added soon, but next year we will try to add 1 or 2 more. It is very long to integrate a broker and not all the brokers allows to access the proper API to do so (unlike crypto exchanges which are more open).
so jarvis is not an exchange but a flexible interface with more options that for now relies on the api of fxcm , i hope next year you(team) manage to add also other exchanges...

No, it is an exchange Smiley a multi-asset exchange, capable of trading Fx, crypto, stocks etc.

But the exchange is just a piece of code; what you see is the trading interface. We are the only "detachable" trading interface; so you can detach Jarvis UI to connect to our competitors.

Why we do that ? Well, we are confident that are UI is great and better that what can exist; so we want to use our UI as a marketing tool; if 5% of binance users can use Jarvis UI (called Jarvis Trader) then there is a chance they will join jarvis exchange soon Smiley

Borderless Trading and Interoperable Finance with Jarvis Network (https://www.jarvis.network/)
Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 05:47:52 PM

plan B? like issuing your own card based on the financial services that you provide? that would be risky in that context

No, just do not use their network.

mandibleclaw

Activity: 532
Merit: 50

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 05:58:30 PM

I don't like crypto cards too much when we have mobile wallets with QR scans, if I have to use a card which automatically exchange crypto to fiat for fiat payments, I just use fiat then

MandatoryOption

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 06:54:57 PM

No, it is an exchange Smiley a multi-asset exchange, capable of trading Fx, crypto, stocks etc.

But the exchange is just a piece of code; what you see is the trading interface. We are the only "detachable" trading interface; so you can detach Jarvis UI to connect to our competitors.

Why we do that ? Well, we are confident that are UI is great and better that what can exist; so we want to use our UI as a marketing tool; if 5% of binance users can use Jarvis UI (called Jarvis Trader) then there is a chance they will join jarvis exchange soon Smiley

So how exactly does this "detaching" of your trading user interface work exactly? And how can I then use it on a different exchange?
Amelie Poulain

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:00:36 PM

I don't like crypto cards too much when we have mobile wallets with QR scans, if I have to use a card which automatically exchange crypto to fiat for fiat payments, I just use fiat then
Yeah, this is a very convenient function, in my country QR codes are becoming more and more popular - I hope Jarvis team will be able to implement this option in future.
belechau

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 09:43:41 PM

People insist on citing Master, Visa and other flags as if they were similar services in the crypto, in my Country, names like Master and other card companies are only responsible for the indebtedness of the People with their abusive interests. I want to hear something different, like a card that is innovative and allow us to live the future of technology, with less fees and more convenience and security
nobytes

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 09:52:10 PM

Yes, this is why our token has both: revenue + buy back program. But when I mean sexy, I meant that the success of an ecosystem can propulse an utility token very high (see Binance, the best example possible); a circular economy is smart, and to have a token which is used to pay fees on a working product (but this has to be seamlessly integrated, with a one-click purchase from exchange button) is great because you know that the more people come, the more this token will be bought, so the more you want to accumulate it for you and to sell it to newcomers.

I like your reasoning, and putting a thought on the token value is refreshing as more and more icos just produce tokens that have to use or value.
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 10:25:23 PM

Oh this is a nice add-on. So this will be like wirex and/or tenX or am i missing something here?
Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 11:08:19 PM

I don't like it neither; I am more a very strong advocate of decentralization and freedom, but let's be realistic, with these government... we need to make a choice: we do want adoption of the technology or to stay in an utopia?

But anyway, the best feature for me is NFC, so you can pay with fiat or crypto through the NFC feature of your phone.

Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 11:09:56 PM

So how exactly does this "detaching" of your trading user interface work exactly? And how can I then use it on a different exchange?

As simple as connecting the platform to the exchange through an API Smiley So step 1: you generate a API key; step 2: you encrypt the API key within our data-locker (on your device, we do not have access to it); step 3: you import your API key within Jarvis Trader, and that's all!

For a broker it is even simplier: no private key, just your account number and password.

Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 11:10:49 PM

Oh this is a nice add-on. So this will be like wirex and/or tenX or am i missing something here?

Yes! Actually we are looking to work with third party provider for our solution. To remain realistic and scalable, we will mainly rely on partners the first years.

PS92

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 12:33:03 AM

ICO's are so 2017.

if it ain't broke don't fix it bro. as long as they get what they need , why wouldn't they do it.

Well, for US companies it does seem broke! But for Jarvis it might work

Token Williams

Activity: 310
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 12:36:37 AM

Here is the thing, as explained in the WP; tokenization is not yet scalable; for tokenizing an asset you need first a third party to hold the real asset, and to create a token on the top of it. Another solution is the mirroring; you are mirroring real position taken on the market; so actually when you buy stocks using Jarvis, you are taking a position on the market, and this position is mirrored in your wallet.

For that, you only need a brokerage license.

And you have access to a larger liquidity since you connect to the market.

As the position is mirrored, it becomes a digital asset (the position, not the stock); but for the end user it is the same: they hold the digital image of the stock, or of the gold, or of any contract.

This is also why we do need the centralized part of the exchange, to access these markets legally.

Thanks a lot for your responds.
Really like it when someone of the team is so active in the thread. Hope you guys can keep this going.

So the users who bought stocks with Jarvis will also benefit and get dividends from the stocks?
Really hope you guys can achieve al this!

This project can really be a new step  Smiley

So at the beginning, we will use CFDs, to show that the demand is here, to show the value behind this; as soon as we can, we will move to real stocks. But it will be faster and cheaper the first year to use CFDs; meaning that it could have dividend, this truly depends on the LP.

Of course we will do our best to use LP who gives back the dividends.

CFD is a contract for difference, right? Can you clone/recreate every existing stock in a legal manner by using a CFD?
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:49:43 AM

I don't like it neither; I am more a very strong advocate of decentralization and freedom, but let's be realistic, with these government... we need to make a choice: we do want adoption of the technology or to stay in an utopia?

But anyway, the best feature for me is NFC, so you can pay with fiat or crypto through the NFC feature of your phone.

It's indeed something that has been around enough and start to be used as well for payments in general, plus people may not care in the end if the payment is processed with crypto or fiat. It could work.

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
the_donald

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 10:05:16 AM

It's indeed something that has been around enough and start to be used as well for payments in general, plus people may not care in the end if the payment is processed with crypto or fiat. It could work.

eventually the fiat system will collapse and that's when crypto will be worth a lot. but until then it's important for us to build infrastructure.

martinholly167

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 10:32:15 AM

Hello, I see that you have a buyback program, could you please tell me how this program will work? And also how much is your softcap?
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 10:53:44 AM

As far as I know, monaco has already started to deliver the VISA cards to their customers in Singapore so, it should not be an issue. Also, I research on the alternates while I was working on a project of my own and there are plenty of them out which a few are very good.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: