Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:55:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding multiple altcoins  (Read 24674 times)
PlusOne88

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 08:18:14 AM

It is certainly most convenient I think and that would help you make quick movements of your coins. Logging in and out on many wallet could be sometimes be troublesome. What if you miss or lost your private key or some passwords to open it? So it would be better to hold it in just a single multi-wallet account.

Quantum907

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 09:09:21 AM

I hold more than 15 coins and tokens since 2017, I only sell bitcoin and ethereum if I really need money and I'm optimistic that the market will recover soon.

Thank you
2Kool4Skewl

Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2019, 09:12:05 AM

I always keep more than 10 coins in my wallet. Because I believe that some kind of people will accurately manifest themselves. Yes, and reinsure themselves.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
Jericka D Ranillo

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2019, 09:12:30 AM

For much better safe adventure in crypto currency. I prefer to use different wallet, we dont know how people think and knowledge about wallet hacking. You csnt 100% sure that the platform was guarranteed secured away from hackers. So play safe, always remember the quote "dont put all your effort/money in one basket"

sjbi

Activity: 770
Merit: 14

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 02:45:09 PM

I am not into it to be exact. What is the thing for me is that now I am just on a mission to just collect as much as coins I could in order to increase my portfolios. My primary concern used to be just making money from coins. But my sphere has just increased from just earning money to my hobby to collect as more coins as I can. I love collecting different kinds of coins. So far I have stored my coins in different wallets. But I will definitely think over the issue you have raised.

devinks

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 02:48:29 PM

indeed, there are indeed many altcoins because it will make you get a lot of benefits, but you also have to know which altcoin is good to hold or not because if you choose an arbitrary altcoin it will be at risk
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 03:27:15 PM

You should be holding it on a single wallet. I'm stocking my altcoins on one exchange which is binance. Why I am holding it all in one wallet? It's because of I'm forgetful in many things. And with the accounts and password, I'm very forgetful.

Your forgetfulness can end up costing you all your money. The fact that you keep all the savings on the stock exchange makes them vulnerable, because technically while they are there they belong to the stock exchange, and in case of unforeseen circumstances, such as closing or breaking the stock exchange, you will lose everything.
bastian466

Activity: 1344
Merit: 251

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 03:32:00 PM

If I prefer to save coins in various wallets, it is safer if I have a bad luck, one of the wallets is stolen, then another wallet is safe, not everything we hold is lost

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
faceoff97 (OP)

Merit: 113

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 09:57:33 PM

If I prefer to save coins in various wallets, it is safer if I have a bad luck, one of the wallets is stolen, then another wallet is safe, not everything we hold is lost
Actually, you can make multiple wallet with Hodler but still can have them all in one app. Its more convenient than having multiple kind of coins. I've been using the Hodler wallet and so far, Ive encounter no problem with it. It also has secured backup that allows me to safely secure the private key.
FelippeHeinz

Activity: 504
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 10:01:06 PM

I think it's valid. But we have to be careful not to diversify too much, I believe that at most 10 altcoins is ideal.
digitalblock

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 12:34:53 PM

Holder Open it is a good software for the crypto owner. But I am interested in the question, and what to do to those people who are afraid to store their savings on online wallets?
faceoff97 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 10:50:35 PM

Holder Open it is a good software for the crypto owner. But I am interested in the question, and what to do to those people who are afraid to store their savings on online wallets?
If they are afraid of the online wallet they can choose to have the better or hardware version which is the Hodler pro. It offers a lot features designed for big time holders. This will help them.to secure funds with any potential vulnerability to exist. You can read more feature about this newly introduced version in this site: www.hodler.tech/pro
wenwen

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 03:31:52 PM

If you have so many altcoins, why don't you do a daily check? It is best for each cryptocurrency to choose your wallet and synergize them in MEta MAsk then it will be clear exactly where you have what currency and you will be able to observe the price changes.
Debonaire217

Merit: 364

In Code We Trust

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 04:21:11 PM

I'd prefer to hold it with a muticurrency wallet like ledger nano s.

It is convenient if most of the coins you hold can be stored within a single wallet which is trusted and reliable. I have seen that hodler wallet ran a signature campaign here but I still prefer to stay with ledger nano s.

That is quiet convincing for a people that is doing a hodl for a long time trade. But when I am going to do that kind of thing, my first thing first to consider is to choose an exchange platform that will going to have an own coin that will serve as the transaction fee, basically they set it to 50 percent of usual fees. And through diversifying the altcoins that I have, that would be more efficient specially for day trading.
Mehr Sher

Activity: 206
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 04:46:25 PM

I have 4 cryptos in my account. Bitcoin, Ethereum, BCH, Litecoin. I like these only and not any other. I use coinbase mostly for my transactions and use but I also do Forex trading with normal options and also Cryptos. Not all broker supports crypto but now many are doing. If you are looking for good broker then first check sites like Forexpeacearmy and others to know about broker. Here is list you can check for Crypto Brokers which are also Forex ones.
Napole0n

Activity: 579
Merit: 309

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 04:59:32 PM

I always keep more than 10 coins in my wallet. Because I believe that some kind of people will accurately manifest themselves. Yes, and reinsure themselves.

The choice of coins and tokens is certainly a good thing if we hold a lot of coins, moreover we never know which coins can be profitable, the more we hold, the greater the opportunity for profit.
Jackrodwell
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 10:13:36 PM

Holding more altcoins is recommended because we cant predict which one altcoin rise in the future and which one dies. So by doing this you could reduce the risk.
This is true and I agragree on this,since the crypto market is dicy,one can't tell which altcoin will be valuable in future, to avoid regret more people decide to hold for a while.
faceoff97 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 10:24:55 PM

Holding more altcoins is recommended because we cant predict which one altcoin rise in the future and which one dies. So by doing this you could reduce the risk.
This is true and I agragree on this,since the crypto market is dicy,one can't tell which altcoin will be valuable in future, to avoid regret more people decide to hold for a while.
I'm actually doing it with the same reason as yours. I also don't want to miss any sudden pump in price with other alternative coins. I believe that those coins has the same potential as bitcoin. I prefer those alts that are already well established since I can hold them in a secure open source multiwallet called Hodler, this way I can be assured that it will be safely stored even for longer period of time.
dang thi bich thuy

Activity: 381
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 10:31:14 PM

I think it only happens when the market conditions become good and stable, the traditional Altcoins are capable of multiplying very high. Altcoins like EOS and ADA are likely to occur in the near future if Bitcoin continues to rise.
ninja811

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 07:58:37 PM

If you keep a lot of different altcoins in your wallet, then I think it makes sense.
Some coins go into growth much slower than others.
Therefore, the presence of many different coins in your wallet can help you come faster to success by trading them on stock exchanges.

[ CurioInvest ]: Bringing Collectables into the Digital World (https://curioinvest.com) [IEO LIVE]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: