Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:55:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How would you rate Bitcoin Savings & Trust?
5 - Excellent
4 - Very Good
3 - Good
2 - Fair
1 - Poor
No comment just show me the results.

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Savings and Trust | Home | Closed  (Read 802044 times)
BoardGameCoin

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 10:30:59 PM

hazek: we may be talking around each other. I'm just saying that his hedge only helps if the BTCUSD drops, and if it rises, he has extra liability. This is probably what you're saying as well.

Not at all. His "hedge" is that he is using other people's money. If the BTCUSD rate drops, he makes more, if it goes up his clients lose, or so the story goes. His clients should have lost money with the recent significant exchange rate increase, they haven't, why? Because he's not really exchanging anything.

Okay, when you say 'clients' do you mean the people giving him BTC or the people supposedly giving him $? I'm talking about the people giving him BTC. And I'm saying that under the assumption that somehow pirate is doing something legit or semi-legit, having to pay people back in BTC is good for him if BTCUSD  goes down and harder for him if it goes up. I'm not entirely sure what you're saying. It might be something about his supposed real-world ($) clients losing money?

-bgc

I'm selling great Minion Games like The Manhattan Project, Kingdom of Solomon and Venture Forth at 4% off retail starting June 2012. PM me or go to my thread in the Marketplace if you're interested.

For Settlers/Dominion/Carcassone etc., I do email gift cards on Amazon for a 5% fee. PM if you're interested.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 10:32:45 PM

Riiiight ok, that's a valid reason.. Except there's one tiny little problem with your story: Your clients haven't had any loses yet even though the price rose which should have meant that you couldn't have possibly bought back all the bitcoins people "invested" with you that you initially, as you claim, converted to fiat. How is this possible? How are you able to meet your obligations even though the risk event for which you insured yourself against by using other people's bitcoins clearly happened?

Do you really think someone that manages as many coins as I do, doesn't have an influence on market movements?  What I do with the coins is my business and my lenders are well aware of the risks associated with entrusting someone with them.  If anyone has a reason to not trust me with their coins they're more than welcome to withdraw them.

I'm done discussing the same stuff over and over, if someone has something new to add fine but until then...  I be havin' t' get aft t' me ship.

So you basically have no answer why your clients HAVEN'T lost money "investing" with you after the recent significant exchange rate increase, which is the risk you hedge against by using their money instead of your own?

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2012, 10:33:52 PM

Riiiight ok, that's a valid reason.. Except there's one tiny little problem with your story: Your clients haven't had any loses yet even though the price rose which should have meant that you couldn't have possibly bought back all the bitcoins people "invested" with you that you initially, as you claim, converted to fiat. How is this possible? How are you able to meet your obligations even though the risk event for which you insured yourself against by using other people's bitcoins clearly happened?

Do you really think someone that manages as many coins as I do, doesn't have an influence on market movements?  What I do with the coins is my business and my lenders are well aware of the risks associated with entrusting someone with them.  If anyone has a reason to not trust me with their coins they're more than welcome to withdraw them.

I'm done discussing the same stuff over and over, if someone has something new to add fine but until then...  I be havin' t' get aft t' me ship.

So you basically have no answer why your clients HAVEN'T lost money "investing" with you after the recent significant exchange rate increase, which is the risk you hedge against by using their money instead of your own?

I really wish you knew what you were talking about. Sad

Ok really, I'm done.

rdponticelli

Activity: 325

Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 10:34:32 PM

I have no idea if pirate is running a Ponzi or not. My mind comes and goes on the subject, but I'm sure of just one thing. If bitcoin has no value, nobody has any business in bitcoin. And if pirate owns all bitcoins, bitcoins has no value. By distributing wealth, and by paying a huge interest rate, pirate is putting pressure on the exchange rate, and is making bitcoin become valuable. Maybe that's the only way he can have his business going...
hazek
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 10:36:42 PM

hazek: we may be talking around each other. I'm just saying that his hedge only helps if the BTCUSD drops, and if it rises, he has extra liability. This is probably what you're saying as well.

Not at all. His "hedge" is that he is using other people's money. If the BTCUSD rate drops, he makes more, if it goes up his clients lose, or so the story goes. His clients should have lost money with the recent significant exchange rate increase, they haven't, why? Because he's not really exchanging anything.

Okay, when you say 'clients' do you mean the people giving him BTC or the people supposedly giving him $? I'm talking about the people giving him BTC. And I'm saying that under the assumption that somehow pirate is doing something legit or semi-legit, having to pay people back in BTC is good for him if BTCUSD  goes down and harder for him if it goes up. I'm not entirely sure what you're saying. It might be something about his supposed real-world ($) clients losing money?

-bgc

He claims:
- he is facing risk when converting BTC to fiat and back
- therefor he is using other people's money to do his investing to avoid a loss if BTCUSD goes up

My conclusions:
- the risk event he is hedging against by using other people's money has happened
- his clients haven't lost money when they should have
- he isn't really exchanging anything
- his stated reason for giving up some of his "profits" and using other people's money is bogus

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

hazek
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 10:37:31 PM

Ok really, I'm done.

We'll see about that in a new thread, coming soon Wink

CecilNiosaki

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 10:39:00 PM

-bgc

He claims:
- he is facing risk when converting BTC to fiat and back
- therefor he is using other people's money to do his investing to avoid a loss if BTCUSD goes up

My conclusions:
- the risk event he is hedging against by using other people's money has happened
- his clients haven't lost money when they should have
- he isn't really exchanging anything
- his stated reason for giving up some of his "profits" and using other people's money is bogus

Who said he is converting directly to FIAT, though? For instance, I've personally traded a few intermediate currencies to get from BTC to USD, and in turn draw in a bigger profit for a lower USD to BTC price. It's quite possible if you know what you're doing.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 10:40:06 PM

Guys, guys...this is an easy fix.

If you want to know if he's lying or not, just ask him to swear on his grandmother's grave and promise that he's not running a ponzi.

Easy peasy.
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2012, 10:43:27 PM

Email alerts suck!

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2012, 10:43:49 PM

Email alerts suck!

Fixed, that for ya.

pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 03:05:17 PM

We're all filled up on crazy here!  Got FUD?  Check out these threads.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 03:07:59 PM

inb4 thread locked again. Cheesy
On a more serious side, why is there a sudden surge of people attacking BS&T?
hazek
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 03:16:01 PM

inb4 thread locked again. Cheesy
On a more serious side, why is there a sudden surge of people attacking BS&T?

Personally I got inspired by the EVE story which pirate's business has a remarkable similarity with, but it also reminded me of my crossing paths with ponzi scams irl and the devastation it always causes and so I couldn't help myself but to be another voice of serious concern in hopes to save some people from unnecessarily losing their hard earned money.

hazek
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 03:17:13 PM

Bitcoin is not fiat yet.  That doesn't mean it won't be at some point nor does it mean I don't believe in it.  There's simply no reason at this time for me to risk market movements with my converted fiat > bitcoin

Ok really, I'm done.

Btw people should pay attention to this ^. It's a serious red flag and he's "done" explaining..

R-

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Pasta

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 03:41:30 PM

Pirate, do you have a Skype or other VoIP account? Why not hold a conference and assuage your inventors.
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 03:42:40 PM

Pirate, do you have a Skype or other VoIP account? Why not hold a conference and assuage your inventors.

I have no need to hold a conference call to talk about anything that they don't already know.  What do you mean?

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 03:50:36 PM

I'm pretty sure it's not his investors who are bombarding him with questions Wink
brendio

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 03:59:59 PM

Now if only I could a referral...
You won't need one soon!

finkleshnorts

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 04:13:48 PM

He won't want one soon, since the passthroughs pay more now... Huh
dog

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 04:21:48 PM

woof woof!
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: