Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:34:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984414 times)
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 02:56:00 PM

why not try 50 - 50 for each Smiley
Fifty fifty is never been good idea now Gold is also collapsing so taking this opportunity is not a bad idea I will go with Gold 65% and 35% with bitcoin

50-50 is not a good idea, because if you get some profit in the other then it is less.
If you loose then the lost is small and that is good, but our concern is to win so i would go mostly 70% in bitcoin and the rest in gold.

This time is not good to take 50 : 50
i will take 75% for Gold ( because Gold price is down)
and 25% for bitcoin , you can see now bitcoin price up +20% from $220

That could be ok too, but i don't prefer to go 100% full to gold or bitcoin.
Only if you really think that the price will go up in near future then yes.
I still haven't bought gold, but maybe will think to buy at bitgold in near future.

You could buy land too to have a diverse portfolio.

10-20 acres of land, a few gold coins, a few silver bars and a few bitcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 02:58:31 PM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.

I would take gold.  Bitcoin is just here for 5 years is very volatile.

Not true. For almost one year (to be exact since the January of this year and this is not few) the price of bitcoin have been almost stable. See the graphic below for more info:

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 03:06:46 PM

i would prefer bitcoins.
Because their value increases with time but gold is stable in price for an year.
smith coins

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 04:23:16 PM

Fifty fifty is never been good idea now Gold is also collapsing so taking this opportunity is not a bad idea I will go with Gold 65% and 35% with bitcoin

50-50 is not a good idea, because if you get some profit in the other then it is less.
If you loose then the lost is small and that is good, but our concern is to win so i would go mostly 70% in bitcoin and the rest in gold.

I still haven't bought gold, but maybe will think to buy at bitgold in near future.

Well this is another story which is not to bitcoin or gold related.
Personally if i choose to invest in gold i would invest in rings and other jewelry.
By this you sell the gold at that price and sell it for the great design if any. 
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 06:59:12 PM

Personally if i choose to invest in gold i would invest in rings and other jewelry.
By this you sell the gold at that price and sell it for the great design if any.  

Except gold rings and jewellery usually carry a huge premium that you will be lucky to recover at sell up time.

Think ill stick with 3-4% over spot gold bars/coins
Aemon

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 07:02:50 PM

Lots of people seem to be picking BTC over gold.  Don't get me wrong, I love BTC but I don't think I would ever choose BTC over gold.  I would prefer to have a large amount of both
smith coins

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 07:08:08 PM

Except gold rings and jewellery usually carry a huge premium that you will be lucky to recover at sell up time.

Gold is for women and if the jewelry looks awesome its price can go much higher.
Especially for wedding rings these cost a lot but people doesn't care to much.
Comparing to bitcoin which is in every field the same, but investing there i see more advantages.
markj113
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 08:39:13 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2015, 08:53:47 PM by markj113

Gold is for women and if the jewelry looks awesome its price can go much higher.
Comparing to bitcoin which is in every field the same, but investing there i see more advantages.

Except gold has :

1) Rear world physical applications
2) Zero third party risk (no wallets, exchanges, blockchain)
3) Gold is self sufficient, no internet, computers etc. required
4) Never rusts, tarnishes or degrades (hard drives fail, paper wallets burn/degrade, passwords can be forgotten)
5) Gold is backed by world banks and governments
6) Gold has thousands of years backing it, bitcoin is an unproven baby at 5 yrs old.

Bitcoin advantages -

1) People keep saying its easier to transport - how often do you go wondering around with a few hundred thousand dollars on you?
2) Better for online payments - I use my debit card, although it is better for international payments due to lower fees.
3) People claim it is safer/more secure than stacking gold  -  There seems to be a hell of a lot more people that have lost a hell of lot more money through hacking/fraud/theft than any gold stacking website I have ever been on.

Gold is an investment, Bitcoin is a gamble.

If you had a million $ in bitcoin on a memory stick no one would be impressed. 
If you had a million $ in gold you could look this cool Smiley Smiley

Blue_Tiger73

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:03:46 PM

Bitcoin.

Gold has already had its time to stabilise. Bitcoin on the other hand is still quite volatile and it would be better to invest in it as you would earn more. Gold would practically earn you nothing as it already has a stable price. Grin
markj113
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:13:37 PM

Bitcoin.

Gold has already had its time to stabilise. Bitcoin on the other hand is still quite volatile and it would be better to invest in it as you would earn more. Gold would practically earn you nothing as it already has a stable price. Grin

Could earn more or could go to ZERO (99.9999% of world population would not notice or care), gold will never go to zero value.

Gold still has a massive upside due to the world financial mess, when negative interest rates start in the US watch gold climb'

The global economy is a ticking time bomb with gold just waiting to go parabolic!
Operand

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:25:53 PM

Hmmmm I would like to say gold for the safety of having some fiat in physical form as with BTC it is easy to gain as it is easy to lose however, with the volatility in recent times the rewards are just as great as its risks. It takes a calm, calculated individual to really take advantage of the markets
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 11:05:00 PM

Hmmmm I would like to say gold for the safety of having some fiat in physical form as with BTC it is easy to gain as it is easy to lose however, with the volatility in recent times the rewards are just as great as its risks. It takes a calm, calculated individual to really take advantage of the markets

Yeah, with bitcoin I feel that BTC = high risk/high reward with Au = Low risk/low reward ... Though it is well know that gold has a general trend for steadily increasing in value over time. It is the best long term investment to make.  If you want to speculate and feel like the market is going to produce a huge "pump" in the bitcoin world, I would suggest investing then; but all in all it's a gamble.

ANdr0id

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 11:25:29 PM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.

I remember when I was looking into buying gold at $800 but that was 7 years ago. Now at $1160. should of bought at that time. It will always appreciate and never go down in a large quantity all at one time. Maybe $50 shift here and there but it is a pretty solid investment.
Btc is all over the map and it topped at $1200 at it's peak. Could we see that again? Nobody can guarantee this.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 01:36:35 AM

I remember when I was looking into buying gold at $800 but that was 7 years ago. Now at $1160. should of bought at that time. It will always appreciate and never go down in a large quantity all at one time. Maybe $50 shift here and there but it is a pretty solid investment.
Btc is all over the map and it topped at $1200 at it's peak. Could we see that again? Nobody can guarantee this.

No one can guarantee anything unless you have a time machine which I don't anyone has, so the point is, we should act by possibilities. Does Bitcoin have higher possibilities of going way higher than we can imagine than it has to never reach the latest ATH? I would say yes. The CEO of Xapo puts it as a 80% possibility of Bitcoin going to 500.000-1 million dollar in the next decade. If you don't like the idea, you can always hold gold and hope for some boring gains.
futurebit640

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 02:55:16 AM

BTC is still new and nothing is backing up means no government is supporting officially yet so its price is very volatile. If any small news on bitcoin will effect its price drastically. Prices is purely depends on demand and supply. In other hand gold has a solid base and its prices are very stable, prices moves very slow. Over the time gold is give good returns on our investments.
BTChaintrader

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 03:29:58 AM

You should invest in gold as a safe investment and in BTC as a high risk investment. At the end of the day, when the dollars value goes down, usually both gold and BTC is going up.
VCLChief

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 03:52:43 AM

https://bitreserve.org/ hold your bitocoin in gold or other commodities
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 07:15:32 AM

You should invest in gold as a safe investment and in BTC as a high risk investment. At the end of the day, when the dollars value goes down, usually both gold and BTC is going up.

Yes if any one is not ready to take risks then gold will be a better option for them to invest because gold prices will not move very fast like bitcoin or shares.
Djisamsoe

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 07:38:57 AM

i choose gold,just because gold is real  Cool
smith coins

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 04:57:34 PM

Except gold has :

1) Rear world physical applications
2) Zero third party risk (no wallets, exchanges, blockchain)
3) Gold is self sufficient, no internet, computers etc. required
4) Never rusts, tarnishes or degrades (hard drives fail, paper wallets burn/degrade, passwords can be forgotten)
5) Gold is backed by world banks and governments
6) Gold has thousands of years backing it, bitcoin is an unproven baby at 5 yrs old.

Bitcoin advantages -

1) People keep saying its easier to transport - how often do you go wondering around with a few hundred thousand dollars on you?
2) Better for online payments - I use my debit card, although it is better for international payments due to lower fees.
3) People claim it is safer/more secure than stacking gold  -  There seems to be a hell of a lot more people that have lost a hell of lot more money through hacking/fraud/theft than any gold stacking website I have ever been on.

Gold is an investment, Bitcoin is a gamble.

If you had a million $ in bitcoin on a memory stick no one would be impressed. 
If you had a million $ in gold you could look this cool Smiley Smiley

I would never wear this Gold T-shirt and never these gold jewelry.
Well said about the advantages and disadvantages but i prefer more online (digital goods)
Gold really does not need internet and other stressful things to make an action.
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: