Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:38:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984418 times)
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 3462

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 07:57:24 AM

Although I would like to believe that it is highly unlikely to happen, there are many things which could go wrong. There might be many scenarios which might differ from one another like for example, if all the major countries ban bitcoin.. This event is highly unlikely to happen but in a situation in which it does, bitcoin dies. Also, if people start losing interest because price starts going down due to negative publicity and slowly all people stop supporting bitcoin, bitcoin dies. This scenario too seems highly unlikely to happen but if something like this happens, bitcoin can be presumed worthless/dead.
yes it's really highly unlikely to happen since until now the countries that have banned use of bitcoin are less than my fingers count so on that terms the bitcoin world is safer than other terms plus some countries even accepted it with the open arms Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 11:40:10 AM

You are doing good in math Grin. But from what I saw that the usage of bitcoin is much better and much efficient compared to gold. Why? Because most of people know bitcoin, I didnt say that gold is unknown but the purpose of bitcoin and gold is different, gold is purely as investment, you can't do nothing with it except you sell all of your gold to get your fiat, but with bitcoin you can do a lot of things like invest, gambling, trading and you can also buy things with bitcoin too so it is much easy to use. So bitcoin is much better in every aspect compare to gold
Most people like me are more concerned with its value than the functions, so although we cant do anything with our gold beside buy-sell thing, atleast its value is higher and we can make better profit from it. If we want to do gambling or buy any stuff, then exchange it to fiat.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 12:12:54 PM

You are doing good in math Grin. But from what I saw that the usage of bitcoin is much better and much efficient compared to gold. Why? Because most of people know bitcoin, I didnt say that gold is unknown but the purpose of bitcoin and gold is different, gold is purely as investment, you can't do nothing with it except you sell all of your gold to get your fiat, but with bitcoin you can do a lot of things like invest, gambling, trading and you can also buy things with bitcoin too so it is much easy to use. So bitcoin is much better in every aspect compare to gold
Most people like me are more concerned with its value than the functions, so although we cant do anything with our gold beside buy-sell thing, atleast its value is higher and we can make better profit from it. If we want to do gambling or buy any stuff, then exchange it to fiat.

it's a personal preference for most people at the end. bitcoin has way more possibilities and has also way more room for price growth.
bitcollins85

Activity: 235
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 01:47:49 AM

Gold can be naked shorted because it's in a vault somewhere behind armed guards. It's not easy to verify if there are 100,000,000 ounces on hand or 50,000,000. With bitcoin, it's a simple matter of signing for an address with balances.
lahm-44

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 01:58:58 AM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.
I will choose gold as because I can't trust bitcoin for that much long run because its not stable so no one can say when its price can be crashed
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 05:01:32 AM

Although I would like to believe that it is highly unlikely to happen, there are many things which could go wrong. There might be many scenarios which might differ from one another like for example, if all the major countries ban bitcoin.. This event is highly unlikely to happen but in a situation in which it does, bitcoin dies. Also, if people start losing interest because price starts going down due to negative publicity and slowly all people stop supporting bitcoin, bitcoin dies. This scenario too seems highly unlikely to happen but if something like this happens, bitcoin can be presumed worthless/dead.
yes it's really highly unlikely to happen since until now the countries that have banned use of bitcoin are less than my fingers count so on that terms the bitcoin world is safer than other terms plus some countries even accepted it with the open arms Smiley

Yes, recently Australia has been displaying heavy affection towards bitcoins, the government talking about btc positively and even fixing rules and regulations which were not in favor of bitcoin. Either they are very attracted to the block-chain technology or they actually love bitcoin, there are so many services related to cryptocurrency and they are all Australia-based. So cool!
umair01

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 06:42:45 AM

I will choose gold as because I can't trust bitcoin for that much long run because its not stable so no one can say when its price can be crashed
I think as long as there's a demand for bitcoin , there will always be the "BTC" and ever since I started to keep track of this happenings , overall it was a climbing ladder situation so I must disagree with you on that Smiley
Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 04:11:00 PM

Yes, recently Australia has been displaying heavy affection towards bitcoins, the government talking about btc positively and even fixing rules and regulations which were not in favor of bitcoin. Either they are very attracted to the block-chain technology or they actually love bitcoin, there are so many services related to cryptocurrency and they are all Australia-based. So cool!
yes indeed , if i'm not wrong block-chain technology has done good for the banks (not sure where I read it before) so that could be one reason and the other is their open minded enough to see the true potential bitcoin could bring to them and perhaps thats why their investing good on it and are using bitcoin in many services

The only reason banks are even caring to talk about bitcoin is solely because of its blockchain technology, they have nothing to say or do about bitcoin being a potential better currency, they really do not care about bitcoin or its other features, they specifically are scared about the power and security risk of it, because of decentralization.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 08:52:36 PM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.

Well this volatility will change as well as Bitcoin grows, we just need to give it time.
Yes, your money might be safer in gold at the moment but where gold is headed in the near future, you will even lose money on it.

With Bitcoin on the other hand potential to make it big is much bigger than with gold. Of course, there is always other side that you can lose a lot with Bitcoin.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 10:20:44 PM

I will take 50% of both as that will give you a well balanced investment. Especially with so much troubles in Europe and elsewhere. People are looking for ways to store their value elsewhere instead of banks.
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 10:23:15 PM

I will take 50% of both as that will give you a well balanced investment. Especially with so much troubles in Europe and elsewhere. People are looking for ways to store their value elsewhere instead of banks.
50% of both is not good option better invest in some other ways also like property and stock exchange its give you good return or your investment
tonycamp

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 10:27:38 PM

as a story says the eggs cant be putted all into one basket so its gold bitcoin and fiat too more the need into the county still so its fiat

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● REGISTER NOW and GET 1000 DOGE for FREE!  >>
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 12:33:10 AM

50% of both is not good option better invest in some other ways also like property and stock exchange its give you good return or your investment

If there is any option ever  to diversify your investments and possibly 2 of them being bitcoints and gold, shut up and take it. Its the most profitable deal in the long term, you need to look at it from a broader perspective. One's losing potential while one rapidly gains it, bitcoin and gold make the best pair for an investment deal. Both markets are running differently and there's a lot going on. A lot going on is a good thing, in markets.
kostya.ash

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 01:34:57 AM

for now I prefer gold, maybe a few more years I will choose bitcoin
katerniko1
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 02:09:58 AM

wooooooow 10 years :O thats looong time it would be probably safer to invest in gold becuse its having loong time with price keep rising and btc is pretty new and who knows what will happen to it in 10 Years thats too much time to invest in such a new inovation like btc but if you said like 1 year i would say btc Smiley
regards.
-Katerniko1
Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:55:01 AM

wooooooow 10 years :O thats looong time it would be probably safer to invest in gold becuse its having loong time with price keep rising and btc is pretty new and who knows what will happen to it in 10 Years thats too much time to invest in such a new inovation like btc but if you said like 1 year i would say btc Smiley
regards.
-Katerniko1

I would rather invest in gold if it was asked for a short term, although the gold market is falling, I think its still not a bad time to make a quick buck off of gold. As per bitcoins, I don't know what will happen after 10 years, but I'd take a bet and choose bitcoins because I see more potential in bitcoins than any other investment, let alone gold
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 08:00:55 AM

Gold has always been used as legal tender since it was first discovered in ancient times, of course i'm pick gold for investment.

Actually it was not, back in the imperial ages of ancient times, they were only allowed to use the special minted coins issued by the kings, and no other forms of coins.

I heard stories that people were forbidden for example to use the enemy county's gold coins, even though they were both gold, just for political reasons.

You obviously forget that you can always melt gold coins into bullion. Don't know about "the imperial ages of ancient times" (Ancient Rome?), but in medieval Europe you would go to the royal mint and they would mint legal coins from your bullion for a small fee...

RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 08:09:42 AM

Gold has always been used as legal tender since it was first discovered in ancient times, of course i'm pick gold for investment.

Actually it was not, back in the imperial ages of ancient times, they were only allowed to use the special minted coins issued by the kings, and no other forms of coins.

I heard stories that people were forbidden for example to use the enemy county's gold coins, even though they were both gold, just for political reasons.

You obviously forget that you can always melt gold coins into bullion. Don't know about "the imperial ages of ancient times" (Ancient Rome?), but in medieval Europe you would go to the royal mint and they would mint legal coins from your bullion for a small fee...

Yes and they did the same inflation scam as they do now.

General: -Sire we need 20,000 gold coins to fund the next crusade but the treasurer only has 15,000 what should we do?
       King: -Increase the taxes on those no good lazy peasants!
Treasurer: -No sire, they will revolt, we don't want that, that will cost us much more to defeat the rebels!
       King:  -Then what shall we do, I really want that military campaign going!
Treasurer: -Hmm what if I re-melt those gold coins and mix it with iron and copper and make 20,000 mixed coins, the stupid peasants won't even 
                notice and we can pay the soldiers that way!
       King: - Great idea my Treasurer, you are the best scammer in my royal court that I can ever get!

(meanwhile in the 21 century, replace the King with Prime minister, and the Treasurer with Central bank chairman, history repeats itself Cheesy)

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 08:39:25 AM

So as the value now will go up, the price will follow. I think we will never see bitcoin below 200$, i think its very foolish to think that the next price increase will be a bubble, because now we got strong economic support for bitcoin, not only forum shills.

Financial assets (that is those which can be "settled" in fiat) are bubble-prone by definition. Bitcoin pretending to be money and having nothing behind it but trust is the embodiment of a bubble vehicle. So the next price spike can be nothing more but an attempt at...

An attempt at framing another bubble

MahaRamana

Activity: 338

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 08:44:18 AM

So as the value now will go up, the price will follow. I think we will never see bitcoin below 200$, i think its very foolish to think that the next price increase will be a bubble, because now we got strong economic support for bitcoin, not only forum shills.

Financial assets (that is those which can be "settled" in fiat) are bubble-prone by definition. Bitcoin pretending to be money and having nothing behind it but trust is the embodiment of a bubble vehicle. So the next price spike can be nothing more but an attempt at...

An attempt at framing another bubble

Bitcoin does not have only trust behind it. If it had only trust, how would it have earned that trust in the first place ?
This argument is very ignorant.

Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: