Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:19:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984414 times)
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:44:36 AM

Gold, just as bitcoin, is sound money and could rise spectacularly if people start wanting to save in gold.

Both of this option is good. But i personally choose BTC than gold.
Maybe because i still make investment in small money.

Gold is slow moving and quite stable product so it is only suitable for less risk takers but bitcoin moves either way quite fast so it is good for risk takers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:19:34 AM

Gold has stability value, bitcoin its more volatile. Bitcoin needs more stability if it wants to become as popular as gold.

I think you need to rethink your data and opinion about the price of gold and the price and volatility of bitcoin in time. Below are the charts of price of bitcoin this year (which as you can see is almost stable) and the price of gold the last 5 years (which is decreased the last four years and half). It is not the first time that I give these charts but I see again and again people not informed. So needed to publish those again.

Bitcoin:

Gold:

Man, the gold price is obviously distorded with the ponzi gold certificate system.

Even the chinese megabanks join the gold manipulation movement:

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/02/02/chinese-banks-to-join-new-gold-fix-from-march.html

That being said, gold can be manipulated, but bitcoin can be too. I still think the bitcoin price is harder to manipulate because its already at low point, but who knows.

Yet the bitcoin price has more upward space, so it could be a better ROI investment.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 08:13:51 AM

Very good. These data are very known by everyone which follow bitcoin. No one can deny that bitcoin is volatile. But with my charts and with my words i wanted to tell that this year bitcoin was almost stable (new thing for it) while the price of gold (not only for the last year but for about four year and half) is decreasing.

Gold has lost some 30% of its value in the last 5 years, and on the other hand Bitcoin has lost 85% of its value in less than 24 months time. You can't compare a 6% per year decline with a 45% per year decline. And also, the prices might be stable but the trade volume is still declining steeply. The adoption has stagnated as well.
RealBitcoin

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 08:16:10 AM

Very good. These data are very known by everyone which follow bitcoin. No one can deny that bitcoin is volatile. But with my charts and with my words i wanted to tell that this year bitcoin was almost stable (new thing for it) while the price of gold (not only for the last year but for about four year and half) is decreasing.

Gold has lost some 30% of its value in the last 5 years, and on the other hand Bitcoin has lost 85% of its value in less than 24 months time. You can't compare a 6% per year decline with a 45% per year decline. And also, the prices might be stable but the trade volume is still declining steeply. The adoption has stagnated as well.
What are you talking about, gold adoption has stagnated (there is however demand for silver).

But bitcoin adoption hasnt, there are many people from Europe nowadays that are joining bitcoin: Slovenia, Czech Republic,Estonia, Hong Kong, etc.

https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=Bitcoin

markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 09:09:57 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2015, 09:35:14 AM by markj113

What are you talking about, gold adoption has stagnated (there is however demand for silver).

But bitcoin adoption hasnt, there are many people from Europe nowadays that are joining bitcoin: Slovenia, Czech Republic,Estonia, Hong Kong, etc.

What are you talking about, gold demand has surged with Russia an China hoarding the stuff

See how the withdrawal rate has caught up with production rate, can only mean 1 thing for the price sooner or later-

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 11:47:08 AM

you're not seeing the whole picture, i've already said this, but gold is actually falling not rising, and it's not stable like many think

look at the all time chart for gold and you will see the whole picture, from a peak of 1900+ to today price, same shit as bitcoin

there were two peak in 1980 and 2011
smith coins

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 12:01:23 PM

I everytime think that it is better to invest in gold.
Because it is much more older than bitcoin.
But as bitcoin is something virtual and it is easy to sell/buy i think bitcoin is better.
ShopemNL
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 12:22:20 PM

you're not seeing the whole picture, i've already said this, but gold is actually falling not rising, and it's not stable like many think

look at the all time chart for gold and you will see the whole picture, from a peak of 1900+ to today price, same shit as bitcoin

Do you really have any clue what you are talking about? Gold and silver are manipulated like crazy.

The price of gold raise when they seperated it from the usd.

80% of all tradeable gold is paper gold. People who think they own gold when in fact there is just 1/8 physical avialable. This means the real price of gold should by 7/8 times higher then it is.

Same thing for silver, the best part about silver is that the demand rises but there will be no new silver left in about 10-15 years (with this demand). Because silver is used so much in almost every elec product for its unique specs it must remain cheap otherwhise alot of products will be much more expensive then it is now, untill now they have not found anything that could come in place for silver in products.

I woud suggest buying silver and not gold. Many believe the price of silver will go x10 in the next comming years, some even say 2015 is the year the financial markets fail and the price of precious metal will go skyhigh.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 12:35:30 PM

I don't know what you are talking about. The Russian central bank alone has hoarded more than 200 tonnes of gold so far this year. China is not far behind. Only the slow economic growth in India and China is preventing the demand for gold spiraling out of control. On the other hand, the Bitpay CEO gave an interview a few months back, in which he said that the daily volumes are steeply declining.
markj113
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 12:35:53 PM

Comex actually leveraged gold 250:1

Silver may have more upside potential than gold but unfortunately in the UK have 20% tax on it.  I know you can buy from Germany with lower taxes but premiums are still high.

Sticking with britannias and sovereigns at 4% over spot.
RealBitcoin

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 12:45:34 PM

What are you talking about, gold demand has surged with Russia an China hoarding the stuff

See how the withdrawal rate has caught up with production rate, can only mean 1 thing for the price sooner or later-

If they are overleveraged and if they will default soon, then you could see a massive sellof of the ponzi cerfificates, which can further put down pressure on gold.

If the ponzi cerficiate holders start selling their instruments (not necessarly cashout, because they cant), and the Russian CB or Chines CB buys up them extra cheap, then thats 1 thing.

But the gold price can still go significantly lower than what it is now. I expect even to go below 400$, before it rallies again.

On the other hand, bitcoin is pretty much at a bottom, and it will likely rise at next halving.

markj113
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 01:20:24 PM

If they are overleveraged and if they will default soon, then you could see a massive sellof of the ponzi cerfificates, which can further put down pressure on gold.

If the ponzi cerficiate holders start selling their instruments (not necessarly cashout, because they cant), and the Russian CB or Chines CB buys up them extra cheap, then thats 1 thing.

But the gold price can still go significantly lower than what it is now. I expect even to go below 400$, before it rallies again.

On the other hand, bitcoin is pretty much at a bottom, and it will likely rise at next halving.

Want to put your money where your mouth is?

I would happily place a bet with funds held in Escrow that gold will not fall below $400, that is significantly below production costs.

MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 01:47:50 PM

But as bitcoin is something virtual and it is easy to sell/buy i think bitcoin is better.
Gold more older than bitcoin , not necessarily gold is better. Cheesy
I sure age an object can not ensure that the goods better. Tongue

Yes gold is old but it give more stable profits but takes long time and moves slowly and less risky compare to bitcoins. So it suitable of less risky investors
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 03:43:51 PM

Yes gold is old but it give more stable profits but takes long time and moves slowly and less risky compare to bitcoins. So it suitable of less risky investors

I think old people is more prone to stay with gold, and younger people are more prone to stay on Bitcoin. Why' its simple, old people have a lot more to lose, and less time left to enjoy more money, they may rather risk less.
Young people is screwed in a collapsing economy, so they benefit more from the increased risk of Bitcoin, which may made them millionaires in a couple of years.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 03:50:36 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2015, 07:27:57 PM by Amph

Do you really have any clue what you are talking about? Gold and silver are manipulated like crazy.

80% of all tradeable gold is paper gold. People who think they own gold when in fact there is just 1/8 physical avialable. This means the real price of gold should by 7/8 times higher then it is.

Same thing for silver, the best part about silver is that the demand rises but there will be no new silver left in about 10-15 years (with this demand). Because silver is used so much in almost every elec product for its unique specs it must remain cheap otherwhise alot of products will be much more expensive then it is now, untill now they have not found anything that could come in place for silver in products.

I woud suggest buying silver and not gold. Many believe the price of silver will go x10 in the next comming years, some even say 2015 is the year the financial markets fail and the price of precious metal will go skyhigh.

because you think that bitcoin isn't manipulated right? that the up and down are all natural, i think the one who have no clue what is talking about is not me

and aside from this, those pump and dump are real no matter what caused them

interesting when we talk about manipulation of bitcoin like the famous 1200 ath, everyone still remember it, when we talk about gold manipulation everybody dismiss it...
smith coins

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 03:53:14 PM

When i say that gold is old it means that the price can't drop dramatically,
Like the bitcoin is, the price increases very fast or it drops very fast.
Gold has more reputation and it is used almost in every familiy.
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:52:34 PM

Gold is more stable but it is correct that bitcoin has more decreasing and more increasing, it has more risk and the more you do the risk, the more you get income!

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
smith coins

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:02:21 PM

Gold is more stable but it is correct that bitcoin has more decreasing and more increasing, it has more risk and the more you do the risk, the more you get income!

Here is point, the more the price change the more we have chances to earn/lose.
I prefer more bitcoin as i can trade quickly comparing to gold which takes more time.
P.S have you noticed that your signature campaign is no longer active
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 07:08:47 PM

because you think that bitcoin isn't manipulated right? that the up and down are all natural, i think the one who have no clue what is talking about is not me

and aside from this, those pump and dump where there they are real no matter what caused them

interesting when we talk about manipulation of bitcoin like the famous 1200 ath, everyone still remember it, when we talk about gold manipulation everybody dismiss it...

Everything can be manipulated, the thing is, the more money invested the harder it is to manipulate it. Bitcoin has only 4 billion marketcap, which means that it has potential to grow x100.000's of times more than gold which is an insanely big market already.
RealBitcoin

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 07:45:52 PM

Want to put your money where your mouth is?

I would happily place a bet with funds held in Escrow that gold will not fall below $400, that is significantly below production costs.

No because I am uncertain about gold, so I never traded it, nor I plan to.

So I cannot risk money on things I find very hard to predict.

Yes gold should go up, but given the current ponzi based financial system, the certificate scam can last much more and thus put gold to a really low level.

Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: