Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:12:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984414 times)
Dalord1

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 06:20:53 PM

Bitcoin or Gold: This is a really tough decision to make between the two but if i am forced to choose one, i will go with gold.

No one is forcing you but you have to choose one. So choose what you think can make a difference in the future. And gold is always a better option over the bitcoin as we have seen the good times and bad times of gold in the recent past but the investors have always enjoyed the success of investing into it.

yeah! i choose gold because of its stability and the assurance of getting a return.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 08:49:54 PM

Bitcoin or Gold: This is a really tough decision to make between the two but if i am forced to choose one, i will go with gold.

No one is forcing you but you have to choose one. So choose what you think can make a difference in the future. And gold is always a better option over the bitcoin as we have seen the good times and bad times of gold in the recent past but the investors have always enjoyed the success of investing into it.

yeah! i choose gold because of its stability and the assurance of getting a return.

Yes the stability and the traditional nature of the gold makes it more attractive over the bitcoin and the reason is people mostly trust gold as they have invested on it in the past and have earned good returns and even if they dont sell it they know the value of gold will keep on increasing in the future.
matrix zion

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 09:07:20 PM

If you can get some of both that would be the best for you.   It is always best to have money spread out over different things obviously.
stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 09:41:33 PM

If you can get some of both that would be the best for you.   It is always best to have money spread out over different things obviously.

Yeah. It is better to diversify your investments. Dont rely on a single product as you don't know what future will offer you so it is better to diversify your investment so even if you go through loss in one product you can recover it from other and gold would be definitely best option for the long term investments.
Dalord1

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 10:02:24 PM

Yeah. It is better to diversify your investments. Dont rely on a single product as you don't know what future will offer you so it is better to diversify your investment so even if you go through loss in one product you can recover it from other and gold would be definitely best option for the long term investments.

Diversification is also a good thing as the risk will be minimized in the sense that all projects invested in cannot produce a loss at the same time. A return from one project might cover the loss incurred from another project
hunnaryb

Activity: 506
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 11:00:46 PM

Diversification is also a good thing as the risk will be minimized in the sense that all projects invested in cannot produce a loss at the same time. A return from one project might cover the loss incurred from another project

Risk factor will be divided into parts as you invest in different products and it is the best and the safest way of investment. As the investor is aware that one of it might prove to be an bad financial decision but he can recover his losses from the other product in which he have invested.

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 01:40:30 PM

Bitcoin is backed by the same thing that backs gold:  A group of people willing to buy it at various price points and another group willing to sell it.  Also known as supply and demand.

Plus mining expenses / energy expenses.

(fiat currency has near zero "mining" expenses)
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 02:35:10 PM

Bitcoin is backed by the same thing that backs gold:  A group of people willing to buy it at various price points and another group willing to sell it.  Also known as supply and demand.

Plus mining expenses / energy expenses.

(fiat currency has near zero "mining" expenses)

As a side note

Indeed it doesn't take much for banks to create new money, but you shouldn't forget that bitcoin mining expenses are the same expenses that are required to keep the network going while to keep the fiat flowing you need a lot more than just that...

ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 03:24:13 PM

I would have to say bitcoin all the way... There is much more risk involved, but the potential return is huge. and because Bitcoin is innovative technology
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 04:31:24 AM

That depends on the amount of initial capital available. If you have $1,000,000 with you to invest, then you can divide it into various sectors, such as Equities, Mutual funds, treasury bonds, fixed deposits, bullion, real estate and Bitcoin. On the other hand, imagine that you are having just $1,000 with you. Will you be able to diversify your investments?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 07:09:27 AM

That depends on the amount of initial capital available. If you have $1,000,000 with you to invest, then you can divide it into various sectors, such as Equities, Mutual funds, treasury bonds, fixed deposits, bullion, real estate and Bitcoin. On the other hand, imagine that you are having just $1,000 with you. Will you be able to diversify your investments?

honestly if you have a big capital, isn't just better to retire and live your life in total happiness? isn't the final point of investing to become rich and to retire?

this race of becoming always more rich, it's beyond me

personally if i had 1M i would retire and close all this shit all together
mikaljan

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:14:04 AM

Bitcoin can grow very much, and gold not.

But bitcoins can't be used in jewellery or other things.

RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:27:05 AM

Bitcoin can grow very much, and gold not.

But bitcoins can't be used in jewellery or other things.

Bitcoin can be used to buy jewelry online and other useful things. Gold coins can't.

Gold can't even buy gold, let alone food and other things. So definitely bitcoin is superior.

thebigtalk

Activity: 350

Bitcoin and co.

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:30:07 AM

I might go for gold. And a bit of Bitcoin so I'd say both. Why? Gold can be passed down to generations and so does bitcoin but my family isn't always knowledgeable enough to use computers. And they like it that way.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:54:31 AM

personally if i had 1M i would retire and close all this shit all together

Hmm... if you are in your 60s, or 70s, then I think it'll be OK if you retire. But on the other hand, if you are in your 30s, then it will be a very bad idea. With the current rate of inflation, your savings will be gone in 25 or 30 years time, and by the time you reach 60 years of age, you'll be left penniless and broke.
JarvisTechnology

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:56:20 AM

I will choose Bitcoin. This is the currency here to stay for a long long time. Surely, in a year or two it will establish itself in the e-commerce market and then you will be able to buy from bitcoins, which you cannot do it by keeping gold.

RealBitcoin

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 09:14:09 AM

I will choose Bitcoin. This is the currency here to stay for a long long time. Surely, in a year or two it will establish itself in the e-commerce market and then you will be able to buy from bitcoins, which you cannot do it by keeping gold.

Perfectly agree, the average gold user probably is a bearded fat guy living in a bunker.

The average bitcoin user is a well educated, innovative and enterprise oriented tech guy.

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 10:10:06 AM

Perfectly agree, the average gold user probably is a bearded fat guy living in a bunker.

The average bitcoin user is a well educated, innovative and enterprise oriented tech guy.

The kind of person we could most often see in the dot-com era asking for investments into their innovative enterprise oriented tech startups (though I don't think an average bitcoin user is anything like that)...

And no, I'm not a bearded fat guy living in a bunker either

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 10:17:19 AM

Bitcoin and gold are having different functions, and therefore I don't know whether we can compare both of them. Bitcoin is a currency, which should be used for day-to-day expenses. On the other hand, gold is an investment asset, for which the main function is the protection of wealth. (That said, Bitcoin can be used for protecting the wealth as well, but it is it's secondary function).
RealBitcoin

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 10:26:23 AM

Bitcoin and gold are having different functions, and therefore I don't know whether we can compare both of them. Bitcoin is a currency, which should be used for day-to-day expenses. On the other hand, gold is an investment asset, for which the main function is the protection of wealth. (That said, Bitcoin can be used for protecting the wealth as well, but it is it's secondary function).

I think you are mistaken, bitcoin is actually more an asset than a currency. Atleast in the moment.

We can only have investment plans designed in bitcoin (cloud mining, shares, other assets), but we cant shop that much.

A currency needs an economy to represent, so far bitcoin has a tiny economy. I hope that will change in the 2-3 years.

But technically speaking, at the moment, bitcoin is an asset not a currency Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: