Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:39:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984418 times)
Wolframite

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 07:54:58 AM

I would invest in both but more in gold almost 70% and 30% in bitcoin because gold price goes up every year with huge margin

Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1128

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 11:45:43 AM

I would invest in both but more in gold almost 70% and 30% in bitcoin because gold price goes up every year with huge margin

Yeah, it sounds great if you want to do investment. But, I don't think so the gold price goes up with huge margin every year.

I guess you can get higher profit in your gold investment in next 10 years maybe. So if you want to looking for high profit in short-term investment, you can't expect too much from your gold  Smiley

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 12:07:28 PM

i agree with you
bitcoin mining is better than gold mine

but we can't rule how many electric energy we use to mine bitcoin

Right now, the electricity consumption for Bitcoin mining is not that big. But the scenario can change, if the price of Bitcoin increases. For example, if the exchange rates increase to $10,000, the competition will also increase. People will be willing to spend electricity worth $8,000, to get Bitcoins worth some $10,000. So can't speak about the future.  Grin

At the end of the day all sort of mining gets industrialized. Just like in the early days one could mine gold by themselves only needing a pickaxe and shovel, nowadays it's game over since you need complex machines to mine underground. Same with BTC; at the beginning anyone could do it with their computer, now it takes owning mining caves full of special equipment. The difference is Bitcoin is a self regulated system, there will always be someone being able to get profit because of  X/Y/Z reasons.

The goldbugs don't know what to do anymore. They are taking it to the next level going underground. There's an agreement between Papua New Guinea and a Canadian company gives new impetus to the first project to extract minerals from the seabed. It doesnt take rocket science to know the ecological risks... this is how the machine looks like:
Bitcoin Buyer Reload

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:40:23 PM

bitcoin and gold is just the same. highly volatile. a lot of pump and dump no matter how much we try to deny this.

but i think gold is a far better choice than bitcoins due to the physicality of gold. something tangible is always worth a lot more than something intangible. depends on which case we are talking about of course but still.

i feel bitcoins is getting lower day after day.

the sharks just dumped their coins making the market collapse and then buy low making it rise and they will do it again. just like they are doing it every 2weeks if someone can follow the rise and fall chart.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 04:26:42 PM

bitcoin and gold is just the same. highly volatile. a lot of pump and dump no matter how much we try to deny this.

FOREX (fiat currencies) also has too much pump & dumping for tens of countries that do not have strong currencies like USD, EUR, GBP, etc...

techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 09:30:18 PM

but i think gold is a far better choice than bitcoins due to the physicality of gold. something tangible is always worth a lot more than something intangible. depends on which case we are talking about of course but still.

the sharks just dumped their coins making the market collapse and then buy low making it rise and they will do it again. just like they are doing it every 2weeks if someone can follow the rise and fall chart.

I totally agree with Gold being more valuable.

Gold is used for jewelry, I dont think that can be done obviously with bitcoin. Theres also other uses gold being all over for, like health care products, and not just being some reserve currency for the world.

Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 09:38:35 PM

Gold is always better option over the gold for the investment purposes and the reason behind it is as the people have more faith in gold and many of them hardly knows what bitcoin is so it is difficult for them to trust the bitcoin as an investment option. Gold is traditional and it is more popular then bitcoin.
mearylll

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 10:35:24 PM

I totally agree with Gold being more valuable.

Gold is used for jewelry, I dont think that can be done obviously with bitcoin. Theres also other uses gold being all over for, like health care products, and not just being some reserve currency for the world.

No Dear now you are going wrong. I accept that gold is more valuable but bitcoin is the future. The only reason with bitcoin is it is lacking the attention from the people and once the adoption goes high it would definitely replace the gold in terms of value in the future.
hunnaryb

Activity: 506
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 11:37:25 PM

Gold will win the race in the future thats what I believe. It is tangible as well as traditional and we no then it is not going to diminish from the market as its inception is since thousands of years and comparatively bitcoin is only 6 years old so it is difficult to visualise whether bitcoin will exist in future or not.

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 11:48:21 PM

Gold will win the race in the future thats what I believe. It is tangible as well as traditional and we no then it is not going to diminish from the market as its inception is since thousands of years and comparatively bitcoin is only 6 years old so it is difficult to visualise whether bitcoin will exist in future or not.

Gold is a deprecating asset in an increasingly electronic and worldwide world. Gold doesn't make much sense in a reality where everything important is done through internet communications. Bitcoin is the natural upgrade.
lissandra

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 12:13:43 AM

Gold is a deprecating asset in an increasingly electronic and worldwide world. Gold doesn't make much sense in a reality where everything important is done through internet communications. Bitcoin is the natural upgrade.

Well theres different ways to invest with gold.

Most wouldnt buy a physical bar of gold, but more on the gold mining company itself, so in reality its also faster to sell off as it goes down too.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 04:43:27 AM

I will not classify gold as a depreciating asset. And I have strong reasons to believe that the gold price will increase in the near future. Right now, the biggest consumers of gold are China and India. In India, it is mostly used to make gold jewelry. As the living standards improve there, the demand for gold jewelry will also increase. And don't forget that India is having a population of 1.3 billion. The surge in demand is going to be astronomical.
mahi4ever

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 05:52:36 AM

Go for gold.
Bitcoin is not meant as a store of wealth.
rayhan

Activity: 378

be your self

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:16:02 AM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.

i will go with bitcoin as we know the digital age has started and the price will only rise with the expansion of bitcoin knowledge, i personally will keep 60% of my asset as bitcoin and 40% on gold, as the gold prices have almost hit saturation, whereas we are on the baby stages of bitcoib which has lot of potential and the price can increase significantly with increased world wide acceptance by normal people.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 09:45:21 AM

Who said that? Bitcoin can be used as an investment asset as well, unlike the fiat currencies such as USD, EUR and CHF. Bitcoin is protected from inflation, due to its limited supply principle. And therefore, as the population (and adoption) increases, the net value of Bitcoin will also increase by a good amount.
TinEye

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 09:59:42 AM

Go for gold.

not so different from store of value, and bitcoin is achieve this perfectly, much better than any legal currency, and also better than gold, the problem with people comparing it to gold, is that while one is mature enough, the other has still a long way to go to catch it, and this can be perceived as a negative point for bitcoin, but the true is that bitcoin has everything right to be the next big currency or the next virtual gold, so bitcoin will not take the place of the physical gold but only of its virtual counterpart

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 10:49:50 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2015, 10:29:27 AM by deisik

Go for gold.

not so different from store of value, and bitcoin is achieve this perfectly, much better than any legal currency, and also better than gold, the problem with people comparing it to gold, is that while one is mature enough, the other has still a long way to go to catch it, and this can be perceived as a negative point for bitcoin, but the true is that bitcoin has everything right to be the next big currency or the next virtual gold, so bitcoin will not take the place of the physical gold but only of its virtual counterpart

Are you kidding, or just happen not to know what prime quality a store of value should have, here and now? The main and most important quality that is required from storage of value is low volatility (which boils down to price predictability). Now compare that of any major currency as well as gold (or even that of an asset as volatile as silver) and the volatility of Bitcoin...

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:31:30 AM

It depends on whether you trust the (centralized) "electronic" world, where all your "assets" are in 1's and 0's, waiting to be confiscated with a click of a button.

Bitcoin is a decentralized alternative, but it's more like in experimental stages at this point of time.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 03:10:19 AM

I guess you can get higher profit in your gold investment in next 10 years maybe. So if you want to looking for high profit in short-term investment, you can't expect too much from your gold  Smiley

Gold is not an asset which is ideal for short term investment. If you want to invest in gold, then you should have the patience. You must be ready to wait for 10 or even 20 years, to get good returns from gold (the same goes for other precious metals such as Platinum and Palladium). In fact if you are looking for short term investments, then try equities, mutual funds, treasury bonds.etc.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 07:00:14 AM

That is the case now, will not in the future. As more wealth gets moved into the ecosystem, stability arises.
Bitcoin is the new gold standard. It represents the only value on the planet that is not simultaneously a liability on someone else's balance sheet other than other unwieldy commodities such as physical gold, yet has more properties of "good money" than its counterparts.

The world needs to come to the realization that "money" is a representation of wealth that others are willing to recognize, not wealth itself. Given such realization, Bitcoin is better money than anything that has ever existed.

volatility is good for now it help trading, it help movements on the market, and it is one of the reason why many bullish are here and not on gold, where the volatility is a bit meh, there isn't to much fluctuation there

funny enough the price of bitcoin now, is not moving that much, so is a bit akin to gold
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: