Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:05:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984414 times)
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 08:04:45 PM

Sometimes... actually often times, I have to wait up to an hour to get my transaction confirmed, to get just one confirmation (when I need two or three)

Next time dont be greedy and put a fkin 0.0003 fee there and it might be faster then.

Next time don't be stupid. I talk about time intervals between block confirmations on the blockchain

Yes the fee is actually making your TX faster. If you need 6 confirm then if you would pay a 0.01BTC fee you`d get it confirmed in 10 mins because all miners would rush to confirm it.

Are you really so brain-dead? According to your logic, miners are not rushing to get 25 BTC for finding a block, and then, all of a sudden, they would rush to do exactly the same just to get a fee of 0.01 BTC?

No what I mean is that with higher TX fee your TX gets prioritized, if the miners near you have higher thresholds then they might now allow your TX while with higher fee almost all miners will confirm it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 08:09:42 PM

Sometimes... actually often times, I have to wait up to an hour to get my transaction confirmed, to get just one confirmation (when I need two or three)

Next time dont be greedy and put a fkin 0.0003 fee there and it might be faster then.

Next time don't be stupid. I talk about time intervals between block confirmations on the blockchain

Yes the fee is actually making your TX faster. If you need 6 confirm then if you would pay a 0.01BTC fee you`d get it confirmed in 10 mins because all miners would rush to confirm it.

Are you really so brain-dead? According to your logic, miners are not rushing to get 25 BTC for finding a block, and then, all of a sudden, they would rush to do exactly the same just to get a fee of 0.01 BTC?

No what I mean is that with higher TX fee your TX gets prioritized, if the miners near you have higher thresholds then they might now allow your TX while with higher fee almost all miners will confirm it.

All my transactions are included in the first block to be found (with a default fee), so your point is wanton. I don't understand why you continue arguing with this. It is very well known that the time lapse between the blocks can be significant...

Personally, I've seen it nearing an hour a few times (being terribly frustrating)...

RealBitcoin

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 08:37:30 PM

All my transactions are included in the first block to be found (with a default fee), so your point is wanton. I don't understand why you continue arguing with this. It is very well known that the time lapse between the blocks can be significant...

Personally, I've seen it nearing an hour a few times (being terribly frustrating)...

Well then there are lightning network solutions that will use an altchain to process minor TX instantly, while only big TX will go through bitcoin.

Not even the banks unload your TX from their books to the other bank,because it still takes 2-3 days until it gets validated, plus sent to the financial regulators, etc.

So until then the bank pays the TX from his own money , and creates a credit between your locked money and his money.

All the verification, with large sums may be manual, just takes time, and the bank takes risks by doing that.

This is one of the reasons why bank transfer comissions are so big, but I dont care, I dont wanna pay because of their inability to make it more viable, so i still choose BTC

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 09:54:48 PM

Not even the banks unload your TX from their books to the other bank,because it still takes 2-3 days until it gets validated, plus sent to the financial regulators, etc.

So until then the bank pays the TX from his own money , and creates a credit between your locked money and his money.

All the verification, with large sums may be manual, just takes time, and the bank takes risks by doing that.

This is one of the reasons why bank transfer comissions are so big, but I dont care, I dont wanna pay because of their inability to make it more viable, so i still choose BTC

When I buy something on the Net (which you obviously shy from), apart from my payment (with a bank card) being instantaneous, I don't pay any fee or commission. In fact, I even get a small money-back (around 1%) from the card issuer (the bank). And I know that some banks are paying even higher money-backs (up to 5%)...

I guess you should care a lot more

RealBitcoin

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 10:06:33 PM

When I buy something on the Net (which you obviously shy from), apart from my payment (with a bank card) being instantaneous, I don't pay any fee or commission. In fact, I even get a small money-back (around 1%) from the card issuer (the bank). And I know that some banks are paying even higher money-backs (up to 5%)...

No you just happen to live in a lucky country.

Since I pay fucking 7% comissions on every purchase +3€ + 25% VAT and other bullshit + if foreign then 2% customs tax

So I envy you, but to just say that card payments are free is a really ignorant statement, there are other countries out there too you know and some of them are just fucking greedy on this bullshit.

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 10:35:16 PM

No you just happen to live in a lucky country.

Since I pay fucking 7% comissions on every purchase +3€ + 25% VAT and other bullshit + if foreign then 2% customs tax

So I envy you, but to just say that card payments are free is a really ignorant statement, there are other countries out there too you know and some of them are just fucking greedy on this bullshit.

They are free for me. Whether the bank pays the fee (to themselves?), or whoever else, I massively don't care. But to send a Bitcoin in most cases it is me who has to pay the fee (though at Coinbase, for example, they pay the fee)...

It is you who is mostly ignorant here

bank of bits

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 10:36:39 PM

If you agree that Bitcoin is the future, you know what to do. To each his own. I think it has still a long way to go but I would still choose it over gold.
kostya.ash

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:14:08 AM

If you agree that Bitcoin is the future, you know what to do. To each his own. I think it has still a long way to go but I would still choose it over gold.
yeah i'm agree bitcoin is the future, but for now i choose gold,
RealBitcoin

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:21:02 AM

They are free for me. Whether the bank pays the fee (to themselves?), or whoever else, I massively don't care. But to send a Bitcoin in most cases it is me who has to pay the fee (though at Coinbase, for example, they pay the fee)...

Wtf are you talking about, it is free for you but not for me.

You are ignorant to think that just because it is free for you it's free for anybody else.

I do pay a fucking +50% when I buy something with a card, so better stop bragging here about your "advantage" because there are many more of us who are paying alot into the greedy banker pocket.

Not to mention in africa they pay like 500$ for a 2000$ bank transfer, and even that is with high restrictions and slow processing speed.

It is based on luck, if you happen to be born in a good country then you get the benefits, if not then you get the crap, so don't force your luck and be happy that you have a somewhat tolerable banking system.

andysbizz

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:40:06 AM

I can't choose. Both?  Grin In this case, I don't lose.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:09:20 AM

You are ignorant to think that just because it is free for you it's free for anybody else.

I do pay a fucking +50% when I buy something with a card, so better stop bragging here about your "advantage" because there are many more of us who are paying alot into the greedy banker pocket.

Not to mention in africa they pay like 500$ for a 2000$ bank transfer, and even that is with high restrictions and slow processing speed.

It is based on luck, if you happen to be born in a good country then you get the benefits, if not then you get the crap, so don't force your luck and be happy that you have a somewhat tolerable banking system.

yes, bitcoin aims to provide a platform where everybody from rich to poor people from diverse countries pay fixed amount of fees (or slightly different) when transacting bitcoins, people who are benefiting from the bank rates should consider them lucky and make choices which benefit them, but I noticed a lot of people are unhappy with financial institutions, its better to be your own bank Smiley
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 07:56:40 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2015, 09:40:23 AM by deisik

Since I didn't say that, you are now assuming that I had been thinking that? Wtf, all I said is that

Fiat payment systems like Visa or Mastercard are truly instant, in the majority of cases

As you can see, I didn't even say that the fiat payment systems (Visa or Mastercard) are always instant. I guess you should be careful about what other people say (let alone think, wtf) and twice as careful about what they don't say...

And I'm not speaking about how careful you should be about what you say

Eodguy149

Activity: 578
Merit: 554

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 08:53:17 AM

Bitcoin is very much like gold in its conception and implementation - issued as an asset, limited supply etc. The difference, of course, is that it can easily be used to transact anywhere on the planet - to buy and sell on a day-to-day basis.

I love this response. Bitcoin is an amazing mix between a scarce commodity and a currency. When you look at the five properties of currency: scarcity, fungibility, divisibility, durability, and transferability, the only area that Bitcoin is not leaps and bounds ahead of both gold and fiat is fungibility.

"Initial Success or Total Failure"
RealBitcoin

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:45:50 PM

yes, bitcoin aims to provide a platform where everybody from rich to poor people from diverse countries pay fixed amount of fees (or slightly different) when transacting bitcoins, people who are benefiting from the bank rates should consider them lucky and make choices which benefit them, but I noticed a lot of people are unhappy with financial institutions, its better to be your own bank Smiley

Yep, fiat money is the ultimate form of discrimination, even though our great leaders are trying to eliminate discrimination, they somehow forget about fiat money always.

Like how racially discriminative is for black people if they are discriminated when they send transactions from africa to other countries, you pay ultra high fees and you get triple checked (racial profiling?) in your transaction.

The same with gold, i bet the same discrimination goes on when they try to move out gold from african countries.

Bitcoin is the ultimate form of liberty, no discrimination is happening here, everyone is treated equally, and everyone has the same equal chance at getting rich here.

HarHarHar9965

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:18:09 PM

Yep, fiat money is the ultimate form of discrimination, even though our great leaders are trying to eliminate discrimination, they somehow forget about fiat money always.

Like how racially discriminative is for black people if they are discriminated when they send transactions from africa to other countries, you pay ultra high fees and you get triple checked (racial profiling?) in your transaction.

The same with gold, i bet the same discrimination goes on when they try to move out gold from african countries.

Bitcoin is the ultimate form of liberty, no discrimination is happening here, everyone is treated equally, and everyone has the same equal chance at getting rich here.

I am sorry but I think you are mistaken, it is not racism being the reason why bank transfers are high. Don't think africa as a black country, africa is pretty big bro. The very reason why transaction costs are high is because the country itself charges that amount from its people, it then treats this transaction fees as a tax and uses the money they receive for whatever they do. The govt does that because they need more money as tax, not because they black Tongue
RealBitcoin

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:37:22 PM

I am sorry but I think you are mistaken, it is not racism being the reason why bank transfers are high. Don't think africa as a black country, africa is pretty big bro. The very reason why transaction costs are high is because the country itself charges that amount from its people, it then treats this transaction fees as a tax and uses the money they receive for whatever they do. The govt does that because they need more money as tax, not because they black Tongue

It is still a discrimination, black-on-black is also a discrimination, not necessarly a racist one ,but some other sort.

The point I was trying to make is that bitcoin doesn't discriminate you in any shape or form: no racial,no sexual, no religious, certainly no political, and no other type of discrimination is here, so it's the ultimate form of financial liberty in my opinion.

After all discrimination is a pretty big issue nowadays, yet nobody realizes that their own currency is their biggest enemy.

HarHarHar9965

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:42:28 PM

It is still a discrimination, black-on-black is also a discrimination, not necessarly a racist one ,but some other sort.

The point I was trying to make is that bitcoin doesn't discriminate you in any shape or form: no racial,no sexual, no religious, certainly no political, and no other type of discrimination is here, so it's the ultimate form of financial liberty in my opinion.

After all discrimination is a pretty big issue nowadays, yet nobody realizes that their own currency is their biggest enemy.

setting the drama apart, I think people don't want change, and they're rather scared of it. On the other hand, people who buy btc only buy it to make a good profit, very few want to nurture btc and help it grow to the potential beast it can be. The community needs to be stronger and people need to believe what they say, not just write because they are part of a sig camp Tongue
RealBitcoin

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:47:29 PM

setting the drama apart, I think people don't want change, and they're rather scared of it. On the other hand, people who buy btc only buy it to make a good profit, very few want to nurture btc and help it grow to the potential beast it can be. The community needs to be stronger and people need to believe what they say, not just write because they are part of a sig camp Tongue

Well i`m here to feed the beast Cheesy

But joke aside, profit is relative, some people want a quick 1% profit, some want a 100000000% profit, and since the latter takes longer time, they will hold it, and nurture it in the process,

I dont think that if BTC reaches 10,000$ everybody will just dump it. It's more likely that if it reaches 10,000$, people will be proven that this coin will be here to stay, and people will hoard it even faster than before, especially wallstreet whales will get very interested.

So with this fueling it can reach 1,000,000$ easily of course only time will tell, but I feel that after next year's halving we will see serious movements in the price.

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 06:43:02 AM

I don't think this is a good idea, given that even the lead developers of Bitcoin (those two) seem not to care too much for the future of it but more concerned with bolstering their egos. That simply wouldn't be wise...

Practice what you preach

HarHarHar9965

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 07:32:23 AM

I don't think this is a good idea, given that even the lead developers of Bitcoin (those two) seem not to care too much for the future of it but more concerned with bolstering their egos. That simply wouldn't be wise...

Practice what you preach

The bitcoin XT project makes me wonder the future of bitcoin too, honestly and it won't be wise to see same currency split into two, because in long term, it would destroy the authenticity of bitcoin. I hope things settle down soon, I am more concerned about adoption and try my best to talk about it on the usual, and most of my work is related to crypto. I practice what I preach and achieve what I reach :*
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: