Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:28:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984414 times)
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 11:56:42 AM

Few things that you should keep in mind
Gold has a long history as a storage of wealth. Gold price very much relates to the confidence of the Dollar/price of oil.
There is some speculation being priced-in to the current price of Bitcoin. The technology looks promising, but whether it will go mainstream in the short/long term as a storage of wealth or as a currency remains to be seen.

but mining gold is not a good for our mother earth some mining company abused mining they not follow rules for mining golds they infringed the law and the affected for this mining was our mother earth look earth some calamities was a huge and no mercy calamity its affects people whos not suitable for the punishment of our nature

Do you really think that the electricity that you mine your bitcoins with comes from nowhere, and its production doesn't charge its toll on "mother earth"?

Was it a bot gone awry posting?

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 01:10:32 PM

Gold is way better investment. Gold can be used to make jewelries and other stuffs and you can show off but can't do much with bitcoins. If the matter is of price rise, both need patience. We can't predict how will prices vary in future.

bitcoin technology can be used too for something useful besides being an asset and nothing else as may you think, for example it is possible to build many infrastructure on the top of the blochchain, like sidechains that could be used in certain business to speed up the confirmation if they need it, or you can build something like etherium, everything that could make better the virtual world could be build there and enhanced

so no, bitcoin isn't just a thing to trade and nothing else, it's the instrument of a great technology that will be valued more in the future and used everywhere for something useful
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 05:56:48 PM

But mining gold is not a good for our mother earth some mining company abused mining they not follow rules for mining golds they infringed the law and the affected for this mining was our mother earth look earth some calamities was a huge and no mercy calamity its affects people whos not suitable for the punishment of our nature

Mining of gold, if done properly, will not have a huge impact on nature. With advanced technology, it is possible to treat the cyanide waste which is produced as a result. However, the wild-cat mines (such as those in Brazilian and Peruvian Amazon, and Indonesia) dumps huge amounts of mercury in to the ecosystem, and causes deforestation.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 09:50:46 PM

But mining gold is not a good for our mother earth some mining company abused mining they not follow rules for mining golds they infringed the law and the affected for this mining was our mother earth look earth some calamities was a huge and no mercy calamity its affects people whos not suitable for the punishment of our nature

Mining of gold, if done properly, will not have a huge impact on nature. With advanced technology, it is possible to treat the cyanide waste which is produced as a result. However, the wild-cat mines (such as those in Brazilian and Peruvian Amazon, and Indonesia) dumps huge amounts of mercury in to the ecosystem, and causes deforestation.

Gold mining will be eventually banned. One can only mine gold that far, until it becomes a serious geographic problem. I always laugh at the gold people that say "oh, Bitcoin is such a waste of energy and bad for the environment". Lol, how people can say that when mining of gold is a total disaster everytime it happens and it will increasingly get worse.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 02:45:06 AM

Gold mining will be eventually banned. One can only mine gold that far, until it becomes a serious geographic problem. I always laugh at the gold people that say "oh, Bitcoin is such a waste of energy and bad for the environment". Lol, how people can say that when mining of gold is a total disaster everytime it happens and it will increasingly get worse.

Gold mining will never be banned, as almost all the countries around the world are looking to increase their gold holdings. Two of the largest gold producers in the world (Russia and China) are currently increasing their gold reserves, and most of the mine gold production in these countries are being bought by the central banks.

And talking about pollution, iron-ore mining and coal mining are far more polluting when compared to gold mining.
BITCOINERSEJATI

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 02:49:17 AM

Gold mining will never be banned, as almost all the countries around the world are looking to increase their gold holdings. Two of the largest gold producers in the world (Russia and China) are currently increasing their gold reserves, and most of the mine gold production in these countries are being bought by the central banks.

And talking about pollution, iron-ore mining and coal mining are far more polluting when compared to gold mining.

i agree with you
bitcoin mining is better than gold mine

but we can't rule how many electric energy we use to mine bitcoin

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 03:22:13 AM

i agree with you

Right now, the electricity consumption for Bitcoin mining is not that big. But the scenario can change, if the price of Bitcoin increases. For example, if the exchange rates increase to $10,000, the competition will also increase. People will be willing to spend electricity worth $8,000, to get Bitcoins worth some $10,000. So can't speak about the future.  Grin
BITCOINERSEJATI

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 05:35:01 AM

i agree with you

Right now, the electricity consumption for Bitcoin mining is not that big. But the scenario can change, if the price of Bitcoin increases. For example, if the exchange rates increase to $10,000, the competition will also increase. People will be willing to spend electricity worth $8,000, to get Bitcoins worth some $10,000. So can't speak about the future.  Grin

If in future if Bitcoin down and no one interesting bitcoin (after POW END)
we have done a waste
burn listric energy to get anything

Cheesy

salek11

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 11:21:28 AM

Bitcoin is generally  as a cryptocurrency, because it uses cryptography to handle both the creation, payment and the transfer of money..
Gold isn't used for very much. Mostly just a store of value by shared represents... Cry Kiss
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 01:32:05 PM

I think converting all of your wealth ro one basket is strategic mistake and you may discuss share of each baske

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 04:24:21 PM

I guess bitcoin, hopefully im right.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 04:29:09 PM

we have done a waste

You can't call it as a wastage. There is a chance that in the near future, Bitcoins will be replaced by another crypto-currency. Similar incidents happen with fiat currency also. For example, in April 2009, Zimbabwe decided to abandon its currency (Zimbabwean dollar) and made US Dollar the official currency. Another example is the Ecuadorian sucre, which was abandoned in 2000.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 04:49:57 PM

i agree with you

Is it true that electric consumption is not that big? Because in every country the price of each watt is different and with that difference will decide how much can you get from mining bitcoin. That $10,000 is for some future not for now. Now doing some mining is just wasting time, not saying you could get free for the electric that is so good
Yaremi
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 05:02:13 PM

Bitcoin or gold?

I am think bitcoin. Gold outdated. We live in the digital age. bitcoin - digital, Gold not. Gold for storage? Bad idea. best antiques for storage.

Зaлeтaй в нaш чaт http://allcrypto.chat/
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 05:09:51 PM

Bitcoin or gold?

I am think bitcoin. Gold outdated. We live in the digital age. bitcoin - digital, Gold not. Gold for storage? Bad idea. best antiques for storage.

imho gold never outdated even in the digital age. What will you do if someday bitcoin price was drop alot? And in other hand the gold price still constantly until whenever.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 05:11:30 PM

i agree with you

At the end of the day all sort of mining gets industrialized. Just like in the early days one could mine gold by themselves only needing a pickaxe and shovel, nowadays it's game over since you need complex machines to mine underground. Same with BTC; at the beginning anyone could do it with their computer, now it takes owning mining caves full of special equipment. The difference is Bitcoin is a self regulated system, there will always be someone being able to get profit because of  X/Y/Z reasons.
BITCOINERSEJATI

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 12:30:50 AM

we have done a waste

You can't call it as a wastage. There is a chance that in the near future, Bitcoins will be replaced by another crypto-currency. Similar incidents happen with fiat currency also. For example, in April 2009, Zimbabwe decided to abandon its currency (Zimbabwean dollar) and made US Dollar the official currency. Another example is the Ecuadorian sucre, which was abandoned in 2000.

so wich better ? SELL BITCOIN TO BUY GOLD ? OR SELL GOLD TO BUY BITCOIN ? Smiley

iam also buy some Gram gold to hold and save it in bank

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 05:14:19 AM

so wich better ?

Both. Gold and Bitcoin, both are better than the fiat cash in my opinion.

SELL BITCOIN TO BUY GOLD ? OR SELL GOLD TO BUY BITCOIN ? Smiley

My advice is to: Sell your fiat cash to buy gold. And then sell your fiat cash again to buy Bitcoin. Invest in both gold and bitcoin. In this way, you can lower your risk as well.
BITCOINERSEJATI

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 06:38:53 AM

so wich better ?

Both. Gold and Bitcoin, both are better than the fiat cash in my opinion.

SELL BITCOIN TO BUY GOLD ? OR SELL GOLD TO BUY BITCOIN ? Smiley

My advice is to: Sell your fiat cash to buy gold. And then sell your fiat cash again to buy Bitcoin. Invest in both gold and bitcoin. In this way, you can lower your risk as well.

Okey
Thank's for your answer, very helpfull Smiley

are you management to your money ? im waste my money for trade, some time i win and lose,

how many bitcoin or gold must we save to future (% from my salary) ?

( i also still not rule fiat)

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 07:35:54 AM

Bitcoin or gold?

well you know there is digital gold, which should be backed by real gold, so it can still be used like bitcoin, but the real difference is the centralization vs decentralization

gold mining is also more centralized than bitcoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: