Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:55:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984412 times)
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:00:02 PM

Bitcoin is a disruptive technological protocol in its infancy.  It is still in the process of price discovery and as additional layers of interface are added on top of the protocol, the difference will be equivalent to the difference between the internet today and the internet in the 1980's.  It is impossible to predict what bitcoin will be like in 10 years, but I expect it will be exponentially more useful (and as such, exponentially more valuable) by then.
I think bitcoin is more grown now compared to internet in 80s however we can expect that new aspects of bitcoin merges in future but it has many fans now. For long term investment and specially risky investment I prefer bitcoin.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:11:19 PM

I am a very conservative person. If I only had those two options, perhaps I would invest most of my capital in gold, however to be realistic I always prefer to diversify my capital, and these days I would prefer to invest in other options, especially forex.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:14:35 AM

I am a very conservative person. If I only had those two options, perhaps I would invest most of my capital in gold, however to be realistic I always prefer to diversify my capital, and these days I would prefer to invest in other options, especially forex.
Gold is good for long term investment anyone can invest in there and can forget but in bitcoin people must have to alert with its price everytime in order to benefit from it and to stay away from any loss. To diversify your investments, I suggest you to go with 50% in both gold and bitcoin.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 09:25:39 AM

Many people like gold. But that will not exist anymore in the future I think. It will disappear slowly, because Bitcoin will be the future.
You can see now also that Bitcoin is more popular now and more used. The only thing that must change is that it must be more acceptable.
DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 10:41:59 AM

Bitcoin is completely based on technology, but the gold is not like that and it has also got historical value. Bitcoin has the highest price than gold but in reality bitcoin has not got the acceptance as gold has got. So bitcoin needs to go long to be near to gold.
gold price is higher than the price of bitcoin the current gold price is 1200 usd. it was 3 fold the price of bitcoin. of the price bitcoin down long with gold. and the price of gold is more stable

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
expert4knowledge

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:20:49 PM

Many people like gold. But that will not exist anymore in the future I think. It will disappear slowly, because Bitcoin will be the future.
You can see now also that Bitcoin is more popular now and more used. The only thing that must change is that it must be more acceptable.
I think this point of view is a bit optimistic unless you mean more than 50-60 yrs by future. However it may be a small competent for gold in the next few years.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:23:04 PM

As we can see that gold is better investment since their value quite stable rather than bitcoin

I think this point of view is a bit optimistic unless you mean more than 50-60 yrs by future. However it may be a small competent for gold in the next few years.

Just like gold, bitcoin also can difficult to mine in the future so the price might be higher than current price.
But IMO, bitcoin more pratical to being used as direct trade compare to gold !
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:31:21 PM

Bitcoin as we all expect has a long journey till achieve full potencial,if it will cross the limits from the past,in value.
Bitcoin is really good and potencial is really high, but this can be also disturbed with some events like hackers attacks or GOXED exchanges, or even talk about Sathoshi wallets can harm bitcoin because people know this is also very speculative investment.
All this is not the case with gold!  Cool

You can rent this space
jkrules

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:15:54 PM

Bitcoin is not in the stock market, you just buy it from exchanges, and yes it does have value, no body want a monopoly of money by government.
Zaun

Activity: 770

Forza Roma

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:24:01 PM

I would go for the bitcoin if I'm honest because its much easier with investing and also the fact you can create profit in a short term is nice.
With the gold you will need a lot of patience to make money.
Erzatium

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:41:47 PM

I would go for the bitcoin if I'm honest because its much easier with investing and also the fact you can create profit in a short term is nice.
With the gold you will need a lot of patience to make money.

The gold is much better because its much stabler if you ask me the bitcoin can easy collapse right ?
If you want to invest for a short term you can make money with the bitcoin but on the long term it gets more difficult.
BitcoinPaw

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 06:44:41 PM

Buying glod it's like puting your money in strongbox without any changes at my opinion. Better to try get profit from bitocin also price can multiply later and profit will be so pleasant Wink

ultimatesky

Activity: 714

SkyFall

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:58:57 PM

I'm going for the bitcoin because it has a much better future if you ask me, everything is gonna get more digital these days.
So the bitcoin has a much better future if you ask me, also because its fully digital and has a nice price for people that want to invest.
techgeek

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:02:34 PM

Bitcoin is not in the stock market, you just buy it from exchanges, and yes it does have value, no body want a monopoly of money by government.

Its not in traditional stock markets obviously, but there are companies that can be affiliated through bitcoin if they filed to be public.

Eg: if coinbase were to ever go public then private

Even though its not, the normal exchanges provided to bitcoin should be acted as the same - buy/sell orders along with the problems come with it.

makingwin1

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 08:25:55 AM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.

i would choose bitcoin, gold is pretty old and price rises aren't so huge like bitcoin, yes bitcoin is new but you can predict it's price even now, and price will rise for next 10 years for sure, so i trust bitcoin more than gold and would invest in bitcois
Lokfar

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 02:21:47 PM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.

i would choose bitcoin, gold is pretty old and price rises aren't so huge like bitcoin, yes bitcoin is new but you can predict it's price even now, and price will rise for next 10 years for sure, so i trust bitcoin more than gold and would invest in bitcois
Yes me too. Gold will not survive in the future and that is the problem, because the world is becoming more digital and that is good for Bitcoin.
Gold is now many used, but you can see now that it is reducing so that is quite bad.
And you see that Bitcoin is becoming more popular.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 02:33:03 PM

Yes me too. Gold will not survive in the future and that is the problem, because the world is becoming more digital and that is good for Bitcoin.
Gold is now many used, but you can see now that it is reducing so that is quite bad.

Not sure where you are getting your facts, actually I do your making them up.

Gold not being digital is a bonus, there is no 3rd party risk.  It does not need a computer, internet, supporting network and software.  You hold it you own it.

As for gold demand reducing the complete oposite is true.

Suggest you read up on the facts before posting garbage.
sallymeeh27

Activity: 210

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 02:33:44 PM

I would rather go with gold this has the highest value than any other items. Gold can also be part of bitcoin once we encash this you can turn them into big money of investment. You are considered rich when you have just make sure that you know how to play your money..

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 02:37:07 PM

Gold not being digital is a bonus, there is no 3rd party risk.  It does not need a computer, internet, supporting network and software.  You hold it you own it.

gold can not be used directly to buy stuff can it? i don't remember now

you need always to dump it for fiat, also there is plenty of details(you identity also) to give to the guy who you're going to sell it, it's not hassle free

bitcoin it's hassle free that's why i like it
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 02:39:24 PM

gold can not be used directly to buy stuff can it? i don't remember now

you need always to dump it for fiat, also there is plenty of details(you identity also) to give to the guy who you're going to sell it, it's not hassles free

bitcoin it's hassles free that's why i like it

You like to keep spouting the same crap too.

You do not need to give any I.D to sell gold (maybe where you live but not here)

Dont forget, most countried actually have gold legal tender coins, so in theory most countries in world you can buy goods directly with gold.

What % of global retailers accept bitcoin as a form of payment, 0.000001% ?

I bet more stores globaly would accept gold for payment than bitcoin, problem is people on this forum live in a bitcoin bubble where everyone else here is like minded.

@ Amph, how much gold have you ever actually owned cause you keep posting like you are an expert on the subject?
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: