Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:54:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984412 times)
Shibashi Dogemoto

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 01:24:12 PM

As you can see now you see that Bitcoin is getting more popular and that is because the currency is also getting more acceptable and more used so that is quite nice.
But the only thing that have to change is the value because that must rise up soon.

Yeah bitcoin is better than gold for us that uses bitcoin but for those who doesn't know about bitcoin.
They will choose gold between them. Gold is precious, well all know it and it has a high value the longer it is the higher value it becomes.

Gold have been precious for a longer time that is why it is easy to get hooked to it. Bitcoin is still young and many more years to go to get the level of where gold it. I want gold also but it is not that easy to get unlike bitcoin.

Gold has kept its shine constant since its inception and it will never loose its shine in future too, bitcoin will need some more time to reach to the level of gold.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rekinthis

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 01:24:57 PM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.

yes, bitcoin is still "fresh" but it's not bad thing to invest to, gold don't have events like halving, so bitcoin can give lots of fast profit if you buy them at right moment

and gold is a bit more stable that's why everybody likes it,  people usually don't like unpredictable things like bitcoins, they are afraid of it, so both, bitcoin and gold is pretty good

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
rektDude

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 01:46:20 PM

Both

Both is right answer for sure.

if we talk about 10 years.

Kind regards.   BTC

yeah maybe in 10 years everyone wants them both. But these years i don't think so many countries
doesn't accept the coin in each store only several countries does.
But maybe in 10 years we will see.
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 09:09:59 PM

Both

Kind regards.   BTC

yeah maybe in 10 years everyone wants them both. But these years i don't think so many countries
If you want to use it only for buying also bitcoin has more application than gold but for stable investment gold is better case.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1101

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 09:13:53 PM

Both

Kind regards.   BTC

If you want to use it only for buying also bitcoin has more application than gold but for stable investment gold is better case.

Yes and also depends on an individual how fast he wants to earn profits, if he can afford to wait then gold is the best option but if he wants to make it quick then bitcoin is the best.
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 09:52:35 PM

Both

Kind regards.   BTC

Yes and also depends on an individual how fast he wants to earn profits, if he can afford to wait then gold is the best option but if he wants to make it quick then bitcoin is the best.
In fact the slope of loss and earning is  more in bitcoin compared to gold so profit or loss is more in bitcoin investment.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
BitcoinPaw

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 11:04:54 PM

Bitcoin and if you ask me why i will answer that bitcoin is more flexible than gold and for begginer it's also better, so bitcoin is my choise.

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 11:26:18 PM

Both Bitcoin and gold have value in that department, but it's difficult for someone to build and guard their own gold vault all day.

Very weak argument. One who can't hide well 100 Kruggerands, is an inept person.

How is that a weak argument?  [...] On the other hand, there's obviously little future for gold due to this scenario.  Almost everyone would place their gold in a 3rd party vault and now it's the same thing as fiat. [...]

You are evaluating gold systemically in terms of whether it is a replacement for fiat. I am pointing out that for the wealthy person, the use case of gold is irrelevant to whether the masses don't adopt gold:

One who can't hide well 100 Kruggerands, is an inept person.

[...]

Clearly I think crypto-currency is better for most needs, but gold still has some unique use cases, i.e. 1 - 5% of networth as a hedge against apocalypse.

The utility of crypto-currency from a personal standpoint is it much more prone to become a top-down controlled fiat and thus lose its permission-less quality.

Gold systemically doesn't solve the fiat problem, but to a wealthy person it is personally it is guaranteed to not be a fiat, as I hold it in my hand and no government can cancel gold as they routinely do for cash[1]. They can erect capital controls, but my gold can remain buried until the government has changed.

In short, gold is more durable than crypto-currency. Whether that is useful to me personally or not, is a matter of personal analysis, perspective, and opinion.

[1]https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/uncategorized/europes-practice-of-cancelling-currency-the-dirty-little-secret-everyone-overlooks/
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/north_america/americas-current-economy/the-war-on-cash-2/
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/writings/2012-2/the-truth-about-gold-why-you-should-buy-it/
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/uncategorized/says-law/

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 05:26:14 AM

Yea, gold is guaranteed to not be fiat, but where do you draw your claim from that it's guaranteed to continue to be a form of money at all?  This is an unknown.  Maybe gold is wothless in the future except for jewlery and anti-corrosive plating and only Bitcoin and a Helium3 backed dollar or something exists.  Then gold loses it's entire network effect derived value and becomes the same thing as current day copper.

Napoleon III reserved a prized set of aluminum cutlery for special guests at banquets. (Less favored guests used gold knives and forks.)

Well I agree that man has gradually changed what is money to what has superior attributes such as durability, divisibility, transportability. But remember (pure not legal tender) gold's main function has always a hedge against government. Thus my argument is that until crypto-currency can prove it is immune to centralization and centralized control over the internet, then it can't replace gold's function. That is entirely my point.

terman45x

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 05:28:27 AM

Bitcoin and if you ask me why i will answer that bitcoin is more flexible than gold and for begginer it's also better, so bitcoin is my choise.

Yeah and people who are already using bitcoin will surely invest their money into bitcoin at a moment as they are aware that bitcoin can make them rich in a short period of time.
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 679

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 05:31:33 AM

Yeah and people who are already using bitcoin will surely invest their money into bitcoin at a moment as they are aware that bitcoin can make them rich in a short period of time.

If I have gold, I would choose gold. But I don't have and bitcoin I do have. So, I will choose bitcoin. And yes bitcoin is very easy, flexible to use. And it can transfer easily where ever you are here in the world.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 06:38:15 AM

The really sad thing when you are owning a lot of gold is the government will keep an eye on you. And if it is announced by media you are in the risk of being questioned on how you got it or where you got it.

The real opposite of bitcoin where you are free.
peta4e

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 06:43:49 AM

The really sad thing when you are owning a lot of gold is the government will keep an eye on you. And if it is announced by media you are in the risk of being questioned on how you got it or where you got it.

Yeah you can hold any number of coins in your wallet and no one would be aware about it but the same doesn't goes with gold there is lot of paper work involved.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 06:51:25 AM

What is your definition of rich? $1000? $10,000? $100,000? $1,000,000? Get rich quick times are over for the average person here. Only whales with +1000BTC can make a lot money in a short time.
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 679

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 06:52:03 AM

That's the sad reality if you are holding a lot of gold. They will do something against to you so that they can get your golds.
So must better to use bitcoin than gold because government is still not recognizing bitcoin to become universal currency
in the world.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Dekker3D

Activity: 434

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 06:57:09 AM

Bitcoin first to go along with the halving then later on sell as the price go down. Once the price stabilizes, I'll buy half with gold, 1/4 with bitcoin then the other 1/4 will be for other investments Smiley

trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 07:37:08 AM

in this moment some country accept bitcoin as payment, as currency like other curremcy, US. dollar etc.
so for future reference i will choose bitcoin.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
diodio5

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 11:18:39 AM

I would go for the gold because with the gold one you can make a lot more dollars if you do it for a long term.
If you use the bitcoin you can gain a lot more profit on a short term than gold, so it both has advantages.
Gold is a hedge against inflation on the long term, nothing more than that.

I can not find the graph that shows dollar, gold and stock for a century. Gold beats cash but shares beat gold.
shares and investment soared enough this time gold only as jewelry that has a price has not been strong enough to be in the investment market. so few investors who are trying to invest in gold.
buy stocks may be profitable in the appeal of gold
phreaky

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 11:29:17 AM

I would really go for the bitcoin because of the patience you need with gold, I do not want to wait for such a long time to make profit.
mark coins

Activity: 910

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 11:31:31 AM

I would really go for the bitcoin because of the patience you need with gold, I do not want to wait for such a long time to make profit.

Exactly and that is the reason why people choose bitcoin as it helps in achieving profits in short time and people who wants quick money will always  choose bitcoin over gold.
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: