Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:19:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984412 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 02:45:29 PM

Yes me too. Gold will not survive in the future and that is the problem, because the world is becoming more digital and that is good for Bitcoin.
Gold is now many used, but you can see now that it is reducing so that is quite bad.
And you see that Bitcoin is becoming more popular.

Not sure where you are getting your facts, actually I do your making them up.

Gold not being digital is a bonus, there is no 3rd party risk.  It does not need a computer, internet, supporting network and software.  You hold it you own it.

As for gold demand reducing the complete oposite is true.

Suggest you read up on the facts before posting garbage.

gold can not be used directly to buy stuff can it? i don't remember now

you need always to dump it for fiat, also there is plenty of details(you identity also) to give to the guy who you're going to sell it, it's not hassles free

bitcoin it's hassles free that's why i like it

You like to keep spouting the same crap too.

You do not need to give any I.D to sell gold (maybe where you live but not here)

Dont forget, most countried actually have gold legal tender coins, so in theory most countries in world you can buy goods directly with gold.

What % of global retails accept bitcoin as a form of payment, 0.000001% ?

I bet more stores would accept gold for payment that bitcoin, problem is people on this forum live in a bitcoin bubble where everyone else here is like minded.

i know you need to give some documents you can not simply sell it and forget like it is a second hand stuff

i'm sure the usage of bitcoin is not as insignificant as you make it

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/bitcoin-now-accepted-by-100000-merchants-worldwide-1486613 and this was last year with the bad sentiment at the beginning

even some gold dealers accept bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 02:47:57 PM

So how much gold have you bought and sold?

At a guess none.

I have bought and sold gold for quite a few years now, not once have been asked for I.D selling gold at any time.

100,000 retails globaly, like I said about 0.000001% then.

Currently I have approx $75k worth of gold so know what I am talking about.

How much do you have invested in bitcoin I wonder?
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 03:05:23 PM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.

i would choose bitcoin, gold is pretty old and price rises aren't so huge like bitcoin, yes bitcoin is new but you can predict it's price even now, and price will rise for next 10 years for sure, so i trust bitcoin more than gold and would invest in bitcois
Yes but overall for big investors the volatility of bitcoin might be too much, Although gold has already lost a % of it's price few years ago it's still less volatile overall from bitcoins, that might discourage some investors from BTC.
adibe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 03:08:32 PM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.

i would choose bitcoin, gold is pretty old and price rises aren't so huge like bitcoin, yes bitcoin is new but you can predict it's price even now, and price will rise for next 10 years for sure, so i trust bitcoin more than gold and would invest in bitcois

Gold is old but the price is always stable, for 10 years i think gold price will not decrease so much. In the other hand, invest on bitcoin for 10 years is risky imo.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 03:08:55 PM

At a guess none.

I have bought and sold gold for quite a few years now, not once have been asked for I.D selling gold at any time.

i didn't invest a penny, i'm just mining altcoin and dump for bitcoin, i don't have 75k in bitcoin, but i've still a nice amount, if you really want to know i have an amount with four zero and not a 1 for the first digit all made from zero, just with mining and signature

you must admit that this is more impressive than simply buying or be lucky in trading
Lokfar

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:19:37 PM

Both they are very good. But you can see now that the using of gold now is reducing and Bitcoin is rising.
So you also know that gold will not exist in the future later, because the world is also becoming more digital.
And if it become more digital than gold will be not useful.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 08:29:23 PM

Both they are very good. But you can see now that the using of gold now is reducing and Bitcoin is rising.
So you also know that gold will not exist in the future later, because the world is also becoming more digital.
Bitcoin is always better than gold.. because bitcoin is increasing year by year.. unlike gold its slow increasing and sometimes the price of gold is slowly decreasing unlike bitcoin all are increasing fast and slowy decreasing..
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 09:16:21 PM

Have you bought is physically or virtually? If it is just virtually (through ETFs or certificates for instance) then you do not really offer it.

At a guess none.

martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 10:13:03 PM

Bitcoin is always better than gold.. because bitcoin is increasing year by year.. unlike gold its slow increasing and sometimes the price of gold is slowly decreasing unlike bitcoin all are increasing fast and slowy decreasing..

Well its not better because gold is very good for a long term investment, look at the point that its also very stable.
Bitcoin is good for a short term because you can make profit on a short term.
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 11:53:03 PM

At a guess none.

i didn't invest a penny, i'm just mining altcoin and dump for bitcoin, i don't have 75k in bitcoin, but i've still a nice amount, if you really want to know i have an amount with four zero and not a 1 for the first digit all made from zero, just with mining and signature

you must admit that this is more impressive than simply buying or be lucky in trading

Soo you made in around 7 years what the gold owner has made on the last few years(20 years maybe)and investing ,buying the gold,and you have something around 20k or more without any investment soo this shows the bitcoin power under any other investment.I believe nothing else must be asked or said here ,we have a winner already,bitcoin.
rio3233

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 01:21:49 AM

Gold will not exist in the future ? lol, i don't think so man. When someday gold can't be found anymore, gold price will increase. and bitcoin also good, but we don't know what happened to bitcoin someday.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 04:05:12 AM

Gold will not exist in the future ? lol, i don't think so man. When someday gold can't be found anymore, gold price will increase. and bitcoin also good, but we don't know what happened to bitcoin someday.

strange statement. clearly apparent gold is very beneficial. gold stored with us could benefit greatly in the future. whatever happens gold is the best investment at this time.
Crazygreek

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 08:16:35 PM

We also don't know what happen to gold someday and we also don't know what happen with us someday. Better to risk one time to know what was better Wink

markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 08:35:58 PM

I find quite amusing that people here keep spouting off that gold is dying and bitcoin is taking over.

I have no emotional attachment to any investment but these guys are 100% crypto focused geeks that have no idea of the larger world.

You have to realise that -

a) Bitcoin is a gamble, nothing more nothing less.  Great to invest a small portion of your wealth in.

b) Gold is your insurance, when the financial system goes tits up people always flee to gold for safety driving the price up, about 20% of your wealth.

c) The rest spread through property investments, stocks and shares - Investments that produce income and return on your money.

Bitcoin is taking over from Gold
Bitcoin currently has 0.086% of gold's market cap - get a grip and rejoin reality.

If gold is dying why is china and russia litterally buying it by the tonne every month?
The people that advise these countries are far more intelligent than most of you here, plus they have insider knowledge that you wont know until its too late.

Why is the West selling their gold to China/Russia?
Simply because they are bankrupt.  The US and Europe are insolvent and have past the point of no return, they are desperate for cash and will do anything to get it including starting wars for natural resources.

Bitcoin is great, the price only ever goes up and is about to go the moon
Same shit constantly quoted here.  If this is the case then why hasnt any large banker organisation, hedge fund or any other large financial institution just come along and purchased a few hundred million $ worth of bitcoin.  They could easily do this.

Bitcoin will become a global curreny/reserve currency/overtake xxx currency
No government/bank will ever allow this to happen, money is control over sheeple and they are not about to give up that power any time soon.
You people are mearly Beta testers for crypto currency.
When the bankers are happy it works and is secure they will release a version they control then ban bitcoin globally with large fines/prison terms for those caught using it.

Gold price is too stable/Bitcoin price volatility makes it easy to earn loads of money
If its that easy then why arent all you dumb fuckers stinking rich and out living life rather than trawling this forum daily Wink

luciann

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 09:55:09 PM

We also don't know what happen to gold someday and we also don't know what happen with us someday. Better to risk one time to know what was better Wink

Its safe to say gold will always be here right next to paper money.

As long there is paper money there is a need for gold, which is used for treasuries to claim as insurance for banks.

expert4knowledge

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 07:56:42 PM

I find quite amusing that people here keep spouting off that gold is dying and bitcoin is taking over.

I have no emotional attachment to any investment but these guys are 100% crypto focused geeks that have no idea of the larger world.

You have to realise that -

a) Bitcoin is a gamble, nothing more nothing less.  Great to invest a small portion of your wealth in.

b) Gold is your insurance, when the financial system goes tits up people always flee to gold for safety driving the price up, about 20% of your wealth.

c) The rest spread through property investments, stocks and shares - Investments that produce income and return on your money.

Bitcoin is taking over from Gold
Bitcoin currently has 0.086% of gold's market cap - get a grip and rejoin reality.

If gold is dying why is china and russia litterally buying it by the tonne every month?
The people that advise these countries are far more intelligent than most of you here, plus they have insider knowledge that you wont know until its too late.

Why is the West selling their gold to China/Russia?
Simply because they are bankrupt.  The US and Europe are insolvent and have past the point of no return, they are desperate for cash and will do anything to get it including starting wars for natural resources.

Bitcoin is great, the price only ever goes up and is about to go the moon
Same shit constantly quoted here.  If this is the case then why hasnt any large banker organisation, hedge fund or any other large financial institution just come along and purchased a few hundred million $ worth of bitcoin.  They could easily do this.

Bitcoin will become a global curreny/reserve currency/overtake xxx currency
No government/bank will ever allow this to happen, money is control over sheeple and they are not about to give up that power any time soon.
You people are mearly Beta testers for crypto currency.
When the bankers are happy it works and is secure they will release a version they control then ban bitcoin globally with large fines/prison terms for those caught using it.

Gold price is too stable/Bitcoin price volatility makes it easy to earn loads of money
If its that easy then why arent all you dumb fuckers stinking rich and out living life rather than trawling this forum daily Wink

Well, thanks for your comprehensive response. I agree with most of them. Although I doubt if they try to imprison people who own bitcoin.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
ReLoad

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 08:38:33 PM

Gold, Silver & Palladium, That's where its at in the precious elements game.
busybee7

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 08:49:23 PM

Gold, Silver & Palladium, That's where its at in the precious elements game.
though you cant earn a lot of money with that in my opinion because the price doesnt fluctuate so fast

with bitcoin you can earn a lot of money in small time so i think its the best investment option right now
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 01:39:18 AM

Well thats a huge resume you made there lol,you had conviced me but ,what is the minimum ammount of gold we can purchaes online?Bitcoin i believe its a portion and we can buy anytime without to show identy i believe gold owners must pay to someone to hold the gold as some extra fee.
STT
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1413

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 02:05:40 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2016, 02:32:04 AM by STT

Well, thanks for your comprehensive response. I agree with most of them. Although I doubt if they try to imprison people who own bitcoin.

This is not a theoretical future event, its already the case that people have placed in prison for using or mining bitcoin.   I read this was the case in Venezuela though it could be misinformation, I think its quite likely as the government has a giant fiscal deficit thanks to low oil price and is making up the difference in new money.   Also there is precedent in similar cases of a government struggling to maintain its monopoly over transactional currency, inflation is a form of tax not understood by populations.  The USA devaluation of gold was a form of taxation, it formed the start of big government spending as the biggest benefactor was the largest holder of gold which is US gov at that time
 Now BTC which is not held or controlled is a natural opposition to currency controls as we saw in China also

Gold, Silver & Palladium,

Palladium is mostly related to Car exhaust usage as a fume filter so it is industrial and also mostly mined in Russia.  Silver is also industrial and a bi-product of lead and other metals mined.  Only gold is fairly unique in its usage as precious metal only

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: