Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:55:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984412 times)
hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 07:49:45 AM

Definitely bitcoin because we are going virtual at an ever increasing pace. And it's not going to stop any time soon. Bitcoin will become the dominant virtual currency, of the world. The world will all use it.

While gold will also remain a very good store of value in the mid term future, it is not as convenient as bitcoin.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CrimBit

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 07:51:03 AM

I will prefer Bitcoin. Although Bitcoin fluctuating prices. But the price of bitcoin from day to day changes quite rapidly it may fall and could also rise.
Not like Gold, the price change is too long depend on bitcoin.
actualy fluctuation is not a major problem dude many people are in bitcoin and they all can handle this well? actual prices will always fluctuate. is a growing and progress of the bitcoin system itself. bitcoin will continue to grow and you will not go wrong choose to opt bitcoin

the fluctuation rate come because no people no goverment can handle bitcoin, this is how decentralization working. i think the problem is "the negative image of bitcoin" like internet in the first time people introduce it.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2016, 07:52:38 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2016, 04:12:49 PM by deisik

If all marketplaces and companies start to accept bitcoin. bitcoin will surely get high rate and demand in the people, this time only few companies accepting bitcoin, but I am sure in future lots of sites and company will accept bitcoin for sure, bitcoin is better then gold because it can be easily trade and buy sell.

Bitcoin has its own advantages and disadvantages. As you have mentioned, it is quite easy to trade with Bitcoins and to convert them to fiat money. At the same time, there are disadvantages as well, such as the high probability of coins getting stolen. Let's wait for a few more years, and see whether BTC can rise up to our expectations or not.

It is not only that. In fact, I don't think it is a major issue at all (in this respect). With digital fiat (e.g. with bank cards and Internet banking), it is impossible to send your money nowhere and get it lost for good while with Bitcoin you can just like that make a typo (with an allowed symbol), and voila, your money is gone!

Irreversibility of payments has its own serious drawbacks

upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 08:12:05 AM

I will prefer Bitcoin. Although Bitcoin fluctuating prices. But the price of bitcoin from day to day changes quite rapidly it may fall and could also rise.
actualy fluctuation is not a major problem dude many people are in bitcoin and they all can handle this well? actual prices will always fluctuate. is a growing and progress of the bitcoin system itself. bitcoin will continue to grow and you will not go wrong choose to opt bitcoin

the fluctuation rate come because no people no goverment can handle bitcoin, this is how decentralization working. i think the problem is "the negative image of bitcoin" like internet in the first time people introduce it.
When the bitcoin market cap hits some very big value in billions, we can expect very less fluctuation for bitcoin prices. I believe other than this no one could control the price fluctuations of bitcoin prices like any government involvement nor centralization has nothing to do with this.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2016, 08:28:49 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2016, 09:36:16 AM by deisik

When the bitcoin market cap hits some very big value in billions, we can expect very less fluctuation for bitcoin prices. I believe other than this no one could control the price fluctuations of bitcoin prices like any government involvement nor centralization has nothing to do with this.

If this market cap rise will be due to sheer speculation, I think that we can expect even higher price volatility. Why? Just because the growth in the market cap would be due to speculation, so we wouldn't in fact increase capitalization but actually boost up volatility...

The true market capitalization should be estimated by the amount of goods the sales of which Bitcoin facilitates

CrimBit

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 08:33:54 AM

read this first

Gold Plummets While Bitcoin Skyrockets
http://cointelegraph.com/news/gold-plummets-while-bitcoin-skyrockets

so you will know why bitcoin is better than gold  Tongue
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 08:42:00 AM

read this first

Gold Plummets While Bitcoin Skyrockets
http://cointelegraph.com/news/gold-plummets-while-bitcoin-skyrockets

so you will know why bitcoin is better than gold  Tongue
Thanks for the info, but even without reading this article, I could already tell that bitcoins is better than gold. As user of bitcoins for a longer period of time I have already believe on its precious value and by simply observing the market I could tell that its future is more value that its current.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
Marbit

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 10:44:26 AM

Bitcoin is simple digital currency where people can invest there money easily to increase soon.Gold also for investment thing but Gold rate is not range to increase your money soon, So If I go for invest my money with bitcoin it can be increase soon and all of my invest for increasing soon, that's why I can say that," Bitcoin is better then gold".
pearl11

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 12:23:07 PM

Can i choose both of them?   Without gold you cannot make coins.. cause in our country they use hold in creating  our money.
So both of them are important
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 01:26:15 PM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.
I would choose gold over Bitcoin because gold always goes up in value and Bitcoin does not always go up there is also a chance that the price will go down after some time.
I like both Bitcoin and gold I would be glad if I got both.
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 05:38:00 PM

Can i choose both of them?   Without gold you cannot make coins.. cause in our country they use hold in creating  our money.
Maybe the best option is to do a portfolio investment, for example invest 70% of what you have in low risk investment which is gold and invest another 30% on bitcoin to decrease your risk.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 01:30:30 AM

Maybe the best option is to do a portfolio investment, for example invest 70% of what you have in low risk investment which is gold and invest another 30% on bitcoin to decrease your risk.
That could be a good idea, but if you have no enough funds to invest in gold that will give you a good profit in return, you have to prioritize a more risky investment that would give you an amazing return in the future, and that is bitcoins for me.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
sobsitesearch

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 02:08:31 AM

I go fo GOLD,
Gold is jewelry and jewelry is always appreciating unlike bitcoin is not that stable and there is always a fluctuation on its price.
But you also have a profit in bitcoin specially in trading.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 02:17:37 AM

I would choose gold. With gold you are sure that the value goes up because there is less less gold on the earth. With Bitcoin you are not sure if you are going to make money with it.
no doubt that gold is not just a piece of jewelry. but also commodities are very high. Many people use gold to their investment in the long term.
I have the a logic. Gold has a high price because he was a beautiful jewelry? how about bitcoin?

you cannot compare bitcoin with gold, as you said it yourself gold is just a jewellery and an investment but bitcoin is a lot more than just and investment you can use it for a super fast and secure way of payment with lowest fees possible. and also not to mention that it is so much easier to hold bitcoin but you cannot hold a lot of gold at home!

gold is not just a jewelry, is it considered as an investment ,in the case of bitcoin you cant trust that if u are a late investor. if you could get a hold of coins a few years back then it was an investment, but not anymore.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 02:27:18 AM

I go fo GOLD,
Gold is jewelry and jewelry is always appreciating unlike bitcoin is not that stable and there is always a fluctuation on its price.

NO.

Gold is not always Jewelry. And Jewelry does not always appreciate.

It is always advisable to purchase gold for investment purposes in the bullion form (coins, bars.etc). The premium will be less, and if you need to sell them, then you will be able to get the market rates. On the other hand, if you invest in jewelry, you will incur a loss while selling it, as the resell value is lower when compared to the bullion.
ps_jb

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 03:00:40 AM

It is always advisable to purchase gold for investment purposes in the bullion form (coins, bars.etc).

And the good thing is that you can buy gold coins and bars for BTC
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 03:42:39 AM

I would choose them both and i will divide my wealth  for both of them but no equally.I will put just small percent on gold because golds price doesnt have the potential to rise up like how bitcoin price rise up from time to time.I will put big percent on bitcoin because bitcoin has the ability  to double my money just by storing it because bitcoin price is not stable and it keeps on going up

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
Cybertron00

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 03:48:56 AM

Well if you'll ask me ill answer both. Gold has been there a long time and it still has a large value when turned into fiat and it will be good to keep for 10years or so. Bitcoin has only been there for 5 years but I think it has potential. Maybe 10years after this year bitcoins value is more than 3000$ or maybe it has no value. Despite that bitcoin is still worth keeping for a long time.  Grin
cjrosero

Activity: 616

To God Be The Glory!

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 03:56:10 AM

I go fo GOLD,

well for me i appreciate bitcoin more than gold.  the good thing about gold is they last forever unlike bitcoin when you lost your wallet they are lost forever.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 04:04:30 AM

You're asking a biased demographic, but I would say it all depends on the circumstances surrounding the investment. Currently, for a growth asset, I would definitely be investing in Bitcoin. For a more hard asset that maintains its value over time with a relative guarantee, I would be investing in gold. Bitcoin isn't stable (relatively) right now, and it wouldn't be worth putting in a large sum of money unless I was able to walk away with less than I started with, which is something I can't really do right now. Maybe sometime in the future.
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: