Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:10:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984412 times)
defined

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 01:47:21 PM

Didn't it get canceled after all, wtf?

are you making this up, it was never mentioned that it will ever be cancelled, also it need an hard fork, and it go against the fundamentals rules of bitcoin...aka it will never happen

I just asked. But never mind, there were a few threads as of recent questioning whether the coming halving should be canceled, so no smoke without fire?

No it will not cancel and it will make the price of bitcoins increase. But the supply of bitcoins will be limited into 21 million soon. Don't believe that rumors that bitcoin halving will be cancelled.

Bitcoin halving will be surely done in the month of July and its not gonna canceled, so investing in bitcoin at a moment is the best thing to do.

But No people can give guarantee bitcoin will be rise after/before blockhalving done  Undecided
so better sell some of your bitcoin now and save some for future too.

If the current price is higher then what you bought then I think you should sell some of your coins and generate  profits from it rather then holding long.
The price when you bought has nothing to do with the current price. You should sell or buy when you feel the price is right. Thinking about what you paid for it is not rational.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loss_aversion quote:
'Loss aversion refers to people's tendency to strongly prefer avoiding losses to acquiring gains. Most studies suggest that losses are twice as powerful, psychologically, as gains.'
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 03:05:28 PM

I will choose bitcoin, as it will allow me to make profits in next 3 months, the speculation around is that price will go higher then our expectation which can give us best returns.
if the benefit in the near future gold can also do it dude because basically the price of gold is also moving. but it is the difference that the amount of profit. you can earn huge profits from bitcoin in the near future because of the price movement is fast and big enough

Yeah people are investing their money in bitcoin only because of its high volatility which allows them to make big profits which is not possible in gold, as gold is far stable in compare to bitcoin.

up 20% year to date, I wouldnt call that stable Wink
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2016, 03:06:07 PM

bitcoin is unmatched in its department technology, i mean the blockchain i highly doubt something so valueble will fade away

I think you overestimate its value in the "department technology" (whatever you may mean)

i mean the blockchain, and no, i don't think it's overestimated, actually is the opposite, it's very underestimated at the moment

And what's its use and value beyond those of being a payment system? Further on, as a payment system, its only "advantage" is decentralized nature of the emission of money the circulation of which it is supposed to provide...

But as money (concept thereof) it is inferior to a well-developed fiat system

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2016, 03:11:28 PM

Yeah people are investing their money in bitcoin only because of its high volatility which allows them to make big profits which is not possible in gold, as gold is far stable in compare to bitcoin.

up 20% year to date, I wouldnt call that stable Wink

Gold is not stable, by any means. It could easily fall below $1,000 or jump to $2,000 per troy ounce. It may in fact be intrinsically stable, but we don't buy goods with it, so this stability is irrelevant

markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 03:14:28 PM

Latest pic of my stack, I sleep easy at night not panicking that someone has hacked my wallet.

53.32 troy oz gold,
85.1 troy oz silver
3.1g platinum Smiley

Embroiderymate

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 03:18:25 PM

I will choose bitcoin, as it will allow me to make profits in next 3 months, the speculation around is that price will go higher then our expectation which can give us best returns.

well, there were a lot of speculations that the price would reach $1000 in 2015 but nothing happen. bitcoin price is kind of stable this year so you will not make high profits from it

i think it will take a few years to hit the $1000 again.
Blackmet

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2016, 07:19:44 PM

Latest pic of my stack, I sleep easy at night not panicking that someone has hacked my wallet.

53.32 troy oz gold,
85.1 troy oz silver
3.1g platinum Smiley

Nice collection dude! But your house can be hacked anyway Grin The best way to protect yourself is be attentive and your accont will not be hacked anyway.

mark coins

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 08:19:19 PM

well, there were a lot of speculations that the price would reach $1000 in 2015 but nothing happen. bitcoin price is kind of stable this year so you will not make high profits from it

i think it will take a few years to hit the $1000 again.

If price of bitcoin goes to higher level at the time of halving then we might see this price at the end of the year, I don't think we need to wait longer now to see this price.
sk00t3r

Activity: 192

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 08:32:49 PM

I'm starting to lean more towards bitcoin as the potential for growth is tremendous, whereas gold has already reached its maturity stage. Although gold will always be valuable, and has more stability, sooner or later, BTC will be adopted by the masses and the price would stabilize in the coming years. By that time, I hope I'm already holding enough BTC.

Think smart and invest smartly, gold is history now, no doubt it is more popular then bitcoin  at a moment, but bitcoin will shine better then gold in future.

exactly gold is old way to invest money but there are not big chances to make benefit and I am looking here in bitcoin a lot of way to make benefit that's why I think who are aware about bitcoin definitely they chooses bitcoin.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 08:40:11 PM

I'm starting to lean more towards bitcoin as the potential for growth is tremendous, whereas gold has already reached its maturity stage. Although gold will always be valuable, and has more stability, sooner or later, BTC will be adopted by the masses and the price would stabilize in the coming years. By that time, I hope I'm already holding enough BTC.

Think smart and invest smartly, gold is history now, no doubt it is more popular then bitcoin  at a moment, but bitcoin will shine better then gold in future.

exactly gold is old way to invest money but there are not big chances to make benefit and I am looking here in bitcoin a lot of way to make benefit that's why I think who are aware about bitcoin definitely they chooses bitcoin.

A lot people use gold as store of value and also for the day that something as a new war will happen were fiat money is not part of the game anymore. That's when gold and other precious materials come handy. That's what people will use as currency.
tampazeus

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 08:40:56 PM

People who are using bitcoin are aware about the potential of bitcoin and they also know that bitcoin can make them rich in quick time which is not possible with gold.
praprata

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 09:18:59 PM

I would go for the gold and the bitcoin both because they are both pretty nice to make profit.
Just one for a long term and the other for a short term.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
jamesl22

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 09:54:23 PM

I would go for the gold and the bitcoin both because they are both pretty nice to make profit.

If you have to choose only one then what would you choose? We all know that both are the best when it comes to an investment, but If I had an choice to select only one then I would go with bitcoin.
streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 01:11:43 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2016, 06:35:15 PM by streazight

Think smart and invest smartly, gold is history now, no doubt it is more popular then bitcoin  at a moment, but bitcoin will shine better then gold in future.

People who are using bitcoin are aware about the potential of bitcoin and they also know that bitcoin can make them rich in quick time which is not possible with gold.

I think bitcoin better
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 03:28:51 AM

why not use both and enjoy the best of both worlds. I've seen quite some good rates in the past  for gold and some new future horizons in Bitcoins .
I wonder if someone think in this way and Quit neither of them
You can maximize the use of gold because you only rely on the future price, although we can assure that the price of gold will rise but bitcoins has a different benefits cause we can use it on a daily basis if we are good in trading we can earn for it.
trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 05:23:35 AM

If you have to choose only one then what would you choose? We all know that both are the best when it comes to an investment, but If I had an choice to select only one then I would go with bitcoin.

both of them is good, so why we must choose only 1 choice ...? Huh
i think bitcoin an gold can survive for long time.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
boyptc

Activity: 2982
Merit: 678

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 05:26:27 AM

both of them is good, so why we must choose only 1 choice ...? Huh
i think bitcoin an gold can survive for long time.

Gold will definitely survive for a long time since then it is proven that gold can really a stable source of income but there is a season for it and only few people can afford.
Unlike bitcoin, all of us, rich or poor can avail to have a bitcoin.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
intrader

Activity: 659
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 05:30:31 AM

Gold prefered for long term it is too risky to turn all your assets into bitcoin we never know what if someday in the future bitcoin crash to zero value
Nowl1935

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 05:35:08 AM

Its the same, both bitcoin and gold price are going up, if you save now and sell it in the future. Its better to save that both
boyptc

Activity: 2982
Merit: 678

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 05:58:23 AM

Gold prefered for long term it is too risky to turn all your assets into bitcoin we never know what if someday in the future bitcoin crash to zero value

Yeah, very risky if you are going into gold trading, but your income is sure but it takes a lot time, you would be lucky
if there is someone who you talk to that is really interested to buy your golds. But still, time investment needs also with gold.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: