Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:09:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we stop promoting scam project?  (Read 26925 times)
Cat Coin

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 05:27:23 AM

The idea of blocking a fraudulent project is good, but difficult to implement. Since we learn about the fraud is not immediately. Therefore, very carefully choose the project to promote. Although such cases are not always paid promised.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 05:50:02 AM

Exactly, We can't really blame some people if some of the projects that they are promoting will going to be scammed. Most of the time people are really don't have a choice on promoting them specially if we will see some good things from them at the start. I guess the best way is once we knew that the project that we are promoting is scammed let's just report it to closed it immediately.
Yes, if we discuss more specific ICO fraudulent projects on this forum, this will be a good basis for such projects not to succeed. An example of this is a project to popularize the alleged fork of the ETCV, which, according to the fraudsters, was to be separated from ethereum in January of this year. When a wave of exposing this fraudulent ICO project came up on this forum, it quickly disappeared after that, causing minimal damage. Now someone has again launched the second phase of this ICO, but after a while I went to the table of the subscription campaign, there were only newcomers and everyone was without a signature of this fraudulent ICO. Not a single member of this forum advertised it.
zauna35

Activity: 812
Merit: 287

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 07:43:39 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2019, 08:05:39 AM by zauna35

if we were heard and given coins to a third party who would distribute them after ico ended .. but no, and I think that this will never happen (now most bounty go with such rules to deceive the bounty hunter knowingly and we are unlikely to achieve justice (unfortunately this is the reality (
TomiJerry

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 06:48:17 PM

With the advent of a special regulatory body, fraudulent ICOs can really disappear. But this will not solve the problem completely, since any project has many obstacles to success. And what difficulties can an ICO have in the regulatory process?
AlfNobel

Activity: 158
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 06:42:27 PM

yes we can. we need to be aware.
Mila52

Activity: 1022
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 06:45:41 PM

It’s not a secret that for many hunters participation in bounty campaigns is a earning. Therefore, it’s difficult to appeal to their mind to stop participating in the scam's projects. It is excellent that there are concerned users on Bitcointalk who warn about such projects and teams.
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 06:49:55 PM

It’s not a secret that for many hunters participation in bounty campaigns is a earning. Therefore, it’s difficult to appeal to their mind to stop participating in the scam's projects. It is excellent that there are concerned users on BTT who warn about such projects and teams.
Many of those participants are all aiming to catch some good projects to earned decent profits but the outcome is not what they've expected to happen, it's not easy to ask bounty Hunters to stop promoting as they're thinking that the chance is always there for them and they don't want to waste their time, it's really a risk investing their time.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
nankers

Activity: 634
Merit: 118

Bounty Hunter Indonesia

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 07:38:24 PM

Most of the bounty hunters do not get payment despite their hard working and some gets a little with shit token. Can we prevent it? Just an idea.

What if we everybody stop to promote a project which offers only token?
For launching a project, the project owner or developer should have some money to promote the project. Say for example- they have to escrow a minimum of 40% of the bounty allocation in term of usd or btc. Only then we can prevent scam ico and bounty hunter will get their money. Can we start following this rule?
You have a good idea man and i really appreciate this. But i think to run this idea will be difficult because this must be agreed by the bounty hunter, bounty manager and the owner of the project itself. so i think is hard to run this idea but totally im agree with this idea

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
alt-fire

Activity: 602

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2019, 09:32:27 PM

I think that we should be more attended when choosing project to advertise. I think that Managers with negative trust often promoted scam projects. Also is good way to discover how long project exist and does it have already passed sale steps.
cudora
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

Cryptoknowmics - World's First Decentralized Media

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 04:18:41 PM

Without any doubt we can, but the problem is that it is getting harder and harder to identify scam projects, because when even trusted once are shutting down after several years of great work, it is just unpredictable.

sinta23

Activity: 668
Merit: 100

DogData

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 04:21:14 PM

of course we can stop promoting scam projects because this is very detrimental to us. time must be wasted without the results we can get. therefore if we really want to promote the project make sure that the project is not a project that is indicated to be deceptive

nxnqauff

Activity: 840
Merit: 17

PG-PAY Gold Backed Token

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 04:23:40 PM

This is absolutely necessary. Otherwise most other people will get scammed. I normally stop with any promotions if I even get sense of scam from the project team members.

●   GOLD-BACKED TOKEN   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  First Payment Gateway To Use  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  PGPAY  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
ganeshramk

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 04:28:20 PM

I don't think it needs a separate question to get feeling from others for the scam projects. Its absolute no. But how can we find it in first instance when the project it scam.
jack wira

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 04:38:08 PM

If in my opinion it is a very good idea, because we have found so many fraudulent projects that do not pay us even though we have been promoting the project for so long, our time has been in vain and this is a problem for us bounty hunters.
nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 05:18:41 PM

Most of the bounty hunters do not get payment despite their hard working and some gets a little with shit token. Can we prevent it? Just an idea.

What if we everybody stop to promote a project which offers only token?
For launching a project, the project owner or developer should have some money to promote the project. Say for example- they have to escrow a minimum of 40% of the bounty allocation in term of usd or btc. Only then we can prevent scam ico and bounty hunter will get their money. Can we start following this rule?

I have always thought of this exact idea and how it can't be implemented and have come to a conclusion that we can't really have a usd or btc paid bounties accross cryptocurrency because of the fact that there is now bounty unions to enforce it. But there could be a way, which could be through Bitcointalk. Since over 90 percent of bounties are hosted on this community, a law to have only stable coin or btc bounties can be enacted. I am sure the community will support it irrespective of the short term consequences

adjed

Activity: 400
Merit: 268

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 05:33:23 PM

While this sounds very nice on paper, you have to bear in mind that most of these projects organise bounty campaigns when their tokens have no value in the market yet, this means that they are probably organising it without any cost to them, if they had such funds, most of them would have found other alternatives to promote their project, bounty hunters are not the only one affected, the people worse hit by scam projects are it's investors and they have no such assurance.
mahibul49

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 06:58:07 PM

we should be more carteful .lots of project making exit scam .i think we should research the project and veriy the team carefully .in this way we can prptect promoting scammer.

Black Coffee

Activity: 228
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 09:43:16 PM

stopping the promotion of scam projects, that's possible, but that's the hard way. because they have many ways to lure us prize hunters, promote their projects. and in my opinion the solution is that the administration forum must have many tools to prevent the emergence and spread of fraudulent projects.
TheICE007

Activity: 646
Merit: 100

tozex.io

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 10:09:19 PM

Well, I really don't think anyone will purposely support scam project there by wasting his or her time, but I think hunters should take time to do some more research before venturing into any project, than just promoting scam projects.

► TOZEX ◄ ♦ Cryptoasset Financing Platform ♦ ► TOZEX ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
coaprotet
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

KNL Ecosystem - Invest. Trade. Earn.

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 04:43:09 PM

It has become too difficult to identify scammers, because when I read this forum, every day there is a new post that claims that another project that worked for several years is a scam. But if even such strong projects are turning to be scam within time, what is the point of doing bounties at all?

🌱 KNL Ecosystem 🌱                                                                                                                                         
                     Invest. Trade. Earn                  SECTORS OF TOKENIZATION  | Agriculture, Real estate, Oil industry, Fintech, Other industries   
                                                    /                                                      Telegram | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Medium | Btt
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: