Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:57:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 406 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 77419 times)
Rabata

Activity: 756
Merit: 170

View Profile
April 13, 2023, 04:14:57 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Of course there are people out there who get too greedy for their own good.. .. and sometimes they can still profit from their efforts, yet historically, we have seen a lot of those kinds of guys waiting around too much for lower prices, not acting and even selling too much too soon.. or like you said the other extreme is buying when the price goes up rather than buying when the price goes down or just buying regularly no matter what is the price.

So there are a lot of weird perspectives, and the main thing seems to be that we try to create systems for ourselves that we have decent confidence are solid, and we cannot necessarily expect that others are going to follow our methods or that they will be able to figure out some kind of a meaningful long term BTC accumulation strategy for themselves.. even if it might vary from our own..

Yes, there are many different perspectives and approaches when it comes to investing and accumulating Bitcoin. Every body has his own goals, risk tolerance and strategies, so what works for one person many not work for another one. it is very important to develop your own plan that fits your circumstances, and stick to it, rather than constantly chasing market trends and copying others.

In my opinion, the most effective strategy in view of long term potential of Bitcoin would be to consistently acquire Bitcoin during significant downtrends, and wait for the bull cycle to realize your profits if you choose to do so.
I agree with you. Those who expect long-term profits from Bitcoin will be successful in Bitcoin investment. I have seen some investors Those who could not trust Bitcoin. They sold their bitcoins with loss due to a little bit of negative news and this incident could be October or November 2020.  But while Bitcoin was slowly trending upward, one of them was thinking that if Bitcoin came back into their buying range, they would immediately hold it. But unfortunately Bitcoin turned bullish since then and it rose to around $69000.

They had a good opportunities but they couldn't take it. It was their fault. The market is still in the deep and those who are smart must be holding bitcoins as much as they can.

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 13, 2023, 10:33:45 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2023, 10:45:24 PM by JayJuanGee

Dollar Cost Averaging (DCA) helps you deal with uncertainty, and since most people who are new to the area have uncertainty, I think it makes sense. As with bitcoin and other cryptos with the previous 10 years and a lot of doubt or uncertainty that actually doing DCA was the right choice, and we have to learn from the past and also do research or analysis with existing as well as future developments because this will helps our belief in bitcoin.
Doing DCA on bitcoins is a very smart choice and applicable to those who have limited cash issues and vice versa, especially I have limited finances and I do DCA every month in small amounts and will increase when I have more cash. And whatever the price of bitcoin, I will continue to do so until I am completely satisfied with the price, which I think is very high.
and most importantly, in the next 10 years I may be old enough that my income may be limited due to some factors, so I did a very long DCA to guarantee my and my children's old age. And I will also educate them to manage their finances well and introduce bitcoin at the right time.
Since 2019 when I began to learn about Bitcoin, I usually only thought that investing in Bitcoin was just throwing all the money you want to invest into buying the fraction you want, but I was totally wrong for about 4 years. The first place I heard the abbreviation "DCA" and understood what it really meant was in these forums. I also believe there are people like me who don't know about the DCA strategy, and I think it is good to let the people around us who are into bitcoin know about the strategy too.

This strategy has really worked for me since I became aware of it, and a few of my friends whom I told about it also appreciated the strategy.

Even the DCA strategy can make someone earn more profit.

Many regular people do not even really know very much about investing and/or cashflow management techniques, and so any of us who start to practice with trying to save and really building an investment portfolio will likely become more inspired to figure out various strategies to attempt to improve our cashflow management and therefore our investments and our building of wealth.

Another thing is that a lot of people do not really know how to invest, so they might ONLY invest into a business or into property.. and then sometimes they might end up having some program through an employer or be led to a financial consultant, and even as they might build their wealth, they might be lead down bad paths or have difficulties discerning better information as compared from worse information, including that many people might not even realize what is the difference between investing and gambling so the concepts kind of merge together in their head... and surely the more that we practice various techniques without getting reckt, and therefore we try to learn how to employ risk management techniques, wealth building and preservation, then as we practice and grow our investments, then we will likely learn the various techniques that differ in terms of whether we are in "accumulation" stages, maintenance stages and liquidation stages, and if we realize that it tends to take quite a long time to move from accumulation stage to liquidation stage, then we may also realize that DCA is amongst the best of techniques to achieve a lot of our wealth building goals while we are attempting to learn more along the way.. and even DCA makes it likely that we won't reck ourselves, but we could still end up investing more whimpily than we should be cause we have not necessarily realized some of the values of living within our means to spend less than we make in order that we still have a budget that we are able to invest... including making sure that we have an emergency fund, too.

Of course there are people out there who get too greedy for their own good.. .. and sometimes they can still profit from their efforts, yet historically, we have seen a lot of those kinds of guys waiting around too much for lower prices, not acting and even selling too much too soon.. or like you said the other extreme is buying when the price goes up rather than buying when the price goes down or just buying regularly no matter what is the price.

So there are a lot of weird perspectives, and the main thing seems to be that we try to create systems for ourselves that we have decent confidence are solid, and we cannot necessarily expect that others are going to follow our methods or that they will be able to figure out some kind of a meaningful long term BTC accumulation strategy for themselves.. even if it might vary from our own..
Yes, there are many different perspectives and approaches when it comes to investing and accumulating Bitcoin. Every body has his own goals, risk tolerance and strategies, so what works for one person many not work for another one. it is very important to develop your own plan that fits your circumstances, and stick to it, rather than constantly chasing market trends and copying others.

In my opinion, the most effective strategy in view of long term potential of Bitcoin would be to consistently acquire Bitcoin during significant downtrends, and wait for the bull cycle to realize your profits if you choose to do so.

I agree with the vast majority of what you said in this post Sayeds56, except I believe that it is a better practice to take quite a bit of care in terms of making sure that we do not get too excited in terms of selling BTC on the way up whether we believe that there is a bull cycle or merely we are trying to time various waves in BTC's price movements.. and it can take 20-40 years to really build up an investment portfolio, and sometimes people might get 2x-5x price appreciation in their BTC or whatever and then end up selling too much too soon and consider themselves to be smarter than everyone else and end up getting left behind because they sold too much too soon.  

Yeah, there are individualized ways to figure out these kinds of selling on the way up tolerances, but at the same time, there may also be some needs to appreciate some of the fundamentals of bitcoin in terms of refraining from strategies that try to sell too much too soon.. even if a 50% to 80% correction might end up happening.

I know that it can feel painful to go through 50% to 80% corrections, but there are also ways to attempt to prepare for that kind of downward volatility without fucking around too much with selling too much BTC prior to getting into some kind of an over-accumulation status or even something close to fuck you status.  We are going to come to differing conclusions, including even having differing views about how to assess our own circumstances... with the factors of: cashflow, how much bitcoin we have already accumulated, our other investments, our view of bitcoin as compared with other investments, timeline, risk tolerance, and our time, skills, goals (investment/lifestyle targets) and our abilities to strategize, plan, research and learn along the way including tweaking strategies from time to time to consider trading, reallocating, use of leverage and/or financial instruments.  

Outside of practicing and learning along the way, it can take a while to figure out these various factors and even how they apply to our own financial/psychological circumstances and how  they can change along the way and how we can continue to learn in the process.

[edited out]
I agree with you. Those who expect long-term profits from Bitcoin will be successful in Bitcoin investment. I have seen some investors Those who could not trust Bitcoin. They sold their bitcoins with loss due to a little bit of negative news and this incident could be October or November 2020.  But while Bitcoin was slowly trending upward, one of them was thinking that if Bitcoin came back into their buying range, they would immediately hold it. But unfortunately Bitcoin turned bullish since then and it rose to around $69000.

They had a good opportunities but they couldn't take it. It was their fault. The market is still in the deep and those who are smart must be holding bitcoins as much as they can.

Yep.. this is another aspect of the selling too much too soon, and not realizing the value of the asset in which they are investing (in this case BTC's value).

There are a variety of ways to engage in tactics that help from selling too much too soon, but a lot of it is easier said than done.. because it becomes so tempting to sell a very volatile asset (such as BTC) even when it might ONLY have 50% profits, because there is nervousness, and frequently there can also be a lot of hesitancy to buy back and waiting for prices to dip, when they may not end up dipping.

So strategies to continue to buy should attempt to both account for up and down volatility and also account for better odds to NOT get so wrapped up in short term BTC price volatility, continue to buy and consider the investment to be a 4-10 years  or longer investment, and sometimes even more than 10 year timeline is necessary in order to improve psychology.. and of course there are also no guarantees that BTC prices will continue to rise, but seems that BTC upside asymmetric nature continues to be good so that if people are investing modest amounts, then there are likely decent chances that they will be in profits 4-10 years or longer down the road, and perhaps even in better profits than any other investments that they could have made... and then sometimes, at the same time, there can be questions about how modest or aggressive a BTC investor should be?  My own personal philosophy has been to attempt to be relatively aggressive, even though I understand that sometimes people will overdo it, even when they believe that they are being "relatively aggressive" they have not sufficiently prepared for emergency funds and various cashflow crunches that they may suffer from time to time along their journies in life.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
ginsan

Activity: 1330
Merit: 616

View Profile
April 14, 2023, 11:26:08 PM

all seems to be going as we hope I mean early Q2 btc passed the $30k mark. JJG what do you say to those weak hands who dumped BTC at price $16k.

I say something close to the same thing to people no matter what the BTC price, which is to get the fuck started, especially if you do not have any at all.

Of course, we can recognize and appreciate that the vast majority of people are in the no coiner category, but we might still want to have some sympathies on those people, especially because it takes some people time to figure out that bitcoin should be part of their investment portfolio.. even if they are still in early stages of building an investment portfolio...

So, yeah we might consider a lot of people to be precoiners rather than no coiners, yet at the same time, there are some people who seem to be in the category that you are suggesting who are trying to time the market in such a way that they do not ongoingly accumulate, just in case the BTC price does not go down more.

Sure, none of us really know if the bottom is yet "in" even though our having had touched nearly 2x our $15,479 bottom does bring a decent amount of confidence that the bottom might be in.. and it is surely possible that btc/satoshis will not be able to be at those kinds of prices anymore, and surely it is possible that even sub $20k will not be reached ever again, or sub $25k will not be reached ever again, or even sub $29k will not be reached again.  We just cannot really know with any level of confidence, especially short-term BTC price movements.

We have been through some tough times in the last year or so, and surely there are ongoing attacks on bitcoin and even various fairly severe seeming problems with various macro-systems - including the stability of the USD.. and surely some of our future possible crises in the USD could end up having sever short-term downward pressures on BTC prices. and those are really difficult to know or foresee.. and surely many of us (including myself) find those to be buying opportunities rather than selling opportunities, even though surely those are scary times, and I am not going to lie about how uncomfortable it can be to be going through severe downward price moves, even when there had been thoughts that the "bottom may well be in".

are they going to wait to get back in at the $16k figure which I think is going to be pretty boring waiting for that. they are people who have no soul buying at low prices and holding back until a new ath is reached.

I don't expect to get into the heads of anyone else, and I do try to be helpful to their developing of their own systems, and people are going to tend to go their own way, and it likely will take a while, still, for bitcoin to really catch on.. and we still really have decently low levels of BTC adoption and people remain sceptical and concerned and even afraid of bitcoin.. even believing some of the bullshit that their governments, banks and financial advisors tend to not want them to buy bitcoin.

DCA is good enough and powerful enough for all people and this will not disturb your mentality when the price goes up or down, you will always buy.
For sure DCA is good.. and it can be supplemented along the way.. but surely, I am in agreement that it likely is a good thing to follow - and then the longer that any of us are buying BTC in a DCA kind of way, then we will become more and more inspired to follow what bitcoin is doing and therefore learn more about bitcoin and about ourselves in order that with the passage of time, we will be able to build more and more strategies that first involve our building of our investment portfolio through the accumulation of BTC and then later perhaps graduate into maintenance stages or just various ways of ongoingly tailoring how we accumulate BTC.
JJG you explained in detail and I completely agree with what you have described. the main point maybe we are here in the same boat, namely buying and holding that is what we will do.  now on the second point I know you are true btc holders, what I admire is that you continue to provide useful advice for us beginners to own btc in our portfolio and that is a pretty good lesson for us to follow. maybe the last one is the DCA strategy which has been so popular and i heard the first time maybe from your words and it was quite amazing for me.

indeed out there I don't care for those who say negative things about btc because I know they don't know enough about the performance of bitcoin to allow them to say that. they look odd at the principle they maintain which is to fully trust the decisions of the bank.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Wind_FURY (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1825

View Profile
April 15, 2023, 11:40:25 AM

I agree with you. Those who expect long-term profits from Bitcoin will be successful in Bitcoin investment. I have seen some investors Those who could not trust Bitcoin. They sold their bitcoins with loss due to a little bit of negative news and this incident could be October or November 2020.  But while Bitcoin was slowly trending upward, one of them was thinking that if Bitcoin came back into their buying range, they would immediately hold it. But unfortunately Bitcoin turned bullish since then and it rose to around $69000.

Because they treat Bitcoin as a, what legacy finance investors would call it, "gambling token". But that kind of perception will not last forever. Bitcoin has the properties to break down political strong holds, it's not merely "P2P Cash" like many people would like you to believe. In fact, Hillary Clinton has warned that Bitcoin could destabilize nations.

Cool

She's learning.

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
GigaBit

Activity: 1540
Merit: 506

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
April 15, 2023, 04:57:36 PM

indeed out there I don't care for those who say negative things about btc because I know they don't know enough about the performance of bitcoin to allow them to say that. they look odd at the principle they maintain which is to fully trust the decisions of the bank.
I have similarity with you in this concern. I strongly believe in Bitcoin. I still buy bitcoin and if the price of bitcoin drops drastically tomorrow my interest in Bitcoin will not decrease. Though i won't find that dip anymore. But I have always taken the DCA technique for my bitcoin holding. I suspect that those who talk negatively about bitcoin are either trying to find the bitcoin from the dip or they just don't know about bitcoin. Whatever the SEC or the Fed says that won't stop me from holding Bitcoin. World leaders are now worried about Bitcoin. Many of them are regretting why they didn't collect bitcoins from the dip. So even if the price of Bitcoin rise up, I find a dip. I will continue with my strategy until I collect bitcoins according to my expectation.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2023, 04:49:58 AM

I have similarity with you in this concern. I strongly believe in Bitcoin. I still buy bitcoin and if the price of bitcoin drops drastically tomorrow my interest in Bitcoin will not decrease. Though i won't find that dip anymore. But I have always taken the DCA technique for my bitcoin holding. I suspect that those who talk negatively about bitcoin are either trying to find the bitcoin from the dip or they just don't know about bitcoin. Whatever the SEC or the Fed says that won't stop me from holding Bitcoin. World leaders are now worried about Bitcoin. Many of them are regretting why they didn't collect bitcoins from the dip. So even if the price of Bitcoin rise up, I find a dip. I will continue with my strategy until I collect bitcoins according to my expectation.

I would suggest that even if many folks do not buy bitcoin on the dip and they end up coming into bitcoin much later, they will still likely do o.k. to get involved in bitcoin rather than continuing to stubbornly resist bitcoin, so there remains quite a bit of advantage to get into bitcoin sooner rather than later and to work out various psychological difficulties that come with bitcoin's ongoing volatility that is likely not going to start, and also just continuing to learn about bitcoin along the way, and surely even very rich folks learn about bitcoin and can be humbled by bitcoin at various times..and it can take a while to build a stash that causes someone to become more psychologically stable and to begin to believe that s/he has enough bitcoin.. and perhaps even the Michael Saylor (MSTR) example shows that buying a lot and buying more than others might not feel like enough for some folks.  Others come in at various high prices and then they might buy a lot of BTC with average costs per BTC that are way above the BTC price for significant periods of time prior to starting to getting back into profits and feeling more comfortable to have more options when in profits as compared to not being in profits.. even though ongoing buying of BTC while not in profits will likely bring down the average cost per BTC.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Sayeds56
Copper Member

Activity: 1288
Merit: 707

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 16, 2023, 10:37:27 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2023, 12:28:44 PM by Sayeds56

I would suggest that even if many folks do not buy bitcoin on the dip and they end up coming into bitcoin much later, they will still likely do o.k. to get involved in bitcoin rather than continuing to stubbornly resist bitcoin, so there remains quite a bit of advantage to get into bitcoin sooner rather than later and to work out various psychological difficulties that come with bitcoin's ongoing volatility that is likely not going to start, and also just continuing to learn about bitcoin along the way, and surely even very rich folks learn about bitcoin and can be humbled by bitcoin at various times..and it can take a while to build a stash that causes someone to become more psychologically stable and to begin to believe that s/he has enough bitcoin.. and perhaps even the Michael Saylor (MSTR) example shows that buying a lot and buying more than others might not feel like enough for some folks.  Others come in at various high prices and then they might buy a lot of BTC with average costs per BTC that are way above the BTC price for significant periods of time prior to starting to getting back into profits and feeling more comfortable to have more options when in profits as compared to not being in profits.. even though ongoing buying of BTC while not in profits will likely bring down the average cost per BTC.

I completely agree with your suggestion that it is always beneficial to get involved in Bitcoin even if someone misses out the opportunity to buy at major dip.
I think the volatility of Bitcoin will persist until marketcap of Bitcoin reaches to a more substantial level, such as 5 trillion or higher, as on this level it will become difficult for whales to speculate the market. Despite current volatility, these fluctuations present good opportunities to get entry at lower prices whenever such an opportunity arises.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Dickiy

Activity: 882
Merit: 461

View Profile
April 16, 2023, 04:46:54 PM

I would suggest that even if many folks do not buy bitcoin on the dip and they end up coming into bitcoin much later, they will still likely do o.k. to get involved in bitcoin rather than continuing to stubbornly resist bitcoin, so there remains quite a bit of advantage to get into bitcoin sooner rather than later and to work out various psychological difficulties that come with bitcoin's ongoing volatility that is likely not going to start, and also just continuing to learn about bitcoin along the way, and surely even very rich folks learn about bitcoin and can be humbled by bitcoin at various times..and it can take a while to build a stash that causes someone to become more psychologically stable and to begin to believe that s/he has enough bitcoin.. and perhaps even the Michael Saylor (MSTR) example shows that buying a lot and buying more than others might not feel like enough for some folks.  Others come in at various high prices and then they might buy a lot of BTC with average costs per BTC that are way above the BTC price for significant periods of time prior to starting to getting back into profits and feeling more comfortable to have more options when in profits as compared to not being in profits.. even though ongoing buying of BTC while not in profits will likely bring down the average cost per BTC.

I completely agree with your suggestion that it is always beneficial to get involved in Bitcoin even if someone misses out the opportunity to buy at major dip.
I think the volatility of Bitcoin will persist until marketcap of Bitcoin reaches to a more substantial level, such as 5 trillion or higher, as on this level it will become difficult for whales to speculate the market. Despite current volatility, these fluctuations present good opportunities to get entry at lower prices whenever such an opportunity arises.

It is indeed very good in buying bitcoins especially for those who trade both whales and anchovies, but some people including me who don't have much time to further analyze either technically charts or sentiments of news speculation I think it will make me worse at searching opportunity to buy bitcoin, especially me, who intends to hold it for a long time, sometimes I don't care about the volatility and market opportunities in a particular month because the calculation is based on the previous high price, for example last year $ 69k and the next cycle will definitely be higher the highest price, so when the price is in the zone like now which is still below 50% of the previous highest price DCA I continue to buy bitcoin, because in my opinion the opportunity exists when the price of bitcoin is still far from the previous ATH.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2023, 08:55:23 PM

I think that there is something wrong with your picture Sayeds56.  It's like you are being too optimistic in regards to how "little" BTC price appreciation is needed before the bitcoin price (market) starts to become less manipulatable and therefore more "stable," and you are speculating that a mere 10x price increase from today's prices would be enough to contribute towards more BTC price stability.

It's not like I consider you to be wrong in substance, but mostly wrong in degree, since I do agree with you that the larger that bitcoin becomes the more "stable" and "less volatile" that it is going to become, yet I would consider increases in BTC's market cap to gradually contribute to the lessening of the likely inevitable volatility and we are going to likely need around 200x to 1,000x or more price increase from here before the volatility starts to subside in any kind of material and/or meaningful way, and yeah sure of course, every increase in BTC's market cap ends up requiring way more capital in order to manipulate it, yet I still think that the number of players and the back and forth battles and the attempts to manipulate just continues to go up because as the BTC price goes up and the market cap goes up and then number of players and the size of players continues to go up, they all kind of off-set each other and we continue to experience volatility and battles and the players just get BIGGER and BIGGER and the battles some times might get worse, but still some players are going to be less injured in the process and some will be more injured in the process and some of the players will find out that they should have been on one side of the battle or the other or that they may have had made mistakes along the way in terms of how they entered into the battle (whether they realized that they were entering a battle or not).

So I am tentatively thinking that when BTC's market cap gets between $100 trillion and $1 quadrillion.. then that will be the area in which there likely is going to be more stability and more acceptance of bitcoin.. and surely I don't disagree with you that along the way, there are going to continue to be lessening of volatility.. but I doubt that the volatility will just gradually decrease and even stop at such a rate that you seem to be presuming with a mere 10x increase in the BTC price from here.. and it seems that we are going to likely need at least another 20x increase in BTC price and market cap beyond your $5 trillion target area in order to just start to substantially and materially start to feel some confidence that the level of the battles are going down and some stability is coming into the BTC space.

Now how long that it takes for all of this to play out.. is not necessarily easy to figure out..

It seems that we should be able to achieve another 10x from here pretty easily, such as within this cycle or the next cycle.. and then to get another 10x to 100x after the coming 10x, could take another 20 to 200 years.  Who knows?  It is difficult to try to predict the various legs of the ups and downs along the way.. so many of us appreciate that we have ups and downs along the way, and sometimes if we might expect upward movement from here, such as 5x to 10x in this cycle, and we could end up getting down instead or maybe we end up getting 200x instead of 5x to 10x, so there are quite a few variations, and it becomes difficult to predict more than one or two legs out, without first presuming what the first leg is, and then if that leg happens, then we have these various other "leg possibilities" that come from the mere fact that the first leg ended up playing out like (x ) rather than playing out like (-x) or rather than playing out like some other variation of (~x) that we had not anticipated.

It is indeed very good in buying bitcoins especially for those who trade both whales and anchovies,

yeah, but we are not talking about trading in this thread.   fuck trading.

but some people including me who don't have much time to further analyze either technically charts or sentiments of news speculation I think it will make me worse at searching opportunity to buy bitcoin, especially me, who intends to hold it for a long time, sometimes I don't care about the volatility and market opportunities in a particular month because the calculation is based on the previous high price, for example last year $ 69k and the next cycle will definitely be higher the highest price, so when the price is in the zone like now which is still below 50% of the previous highest price DCA I continue to buy bitcoin, because in my opinion the opportunity exists when the price of bitcoin is still far from the previous ATH.

I agree with all of this part, except for your inference that there is some kind of "guarantee" that the BTC price will go higher.

There are no guarantees that the BTC price will go higher, even though bitcoin remains a great asymmetric bet to the upside, perhaps amongst the best of asymmetric bets for a lot of normies who might not otherwise be able to invest because barriers to entry are difficult.

And, I am not even suggesting that barriers to entry into BTC are not high also, but the barriers to entry into BTC tend to be in regards to the person learning about it and acting upon such knowledge. and in a similar regard, I would assert that there tends to be a lot of barriers in terms of being able to invest in other kinds of assets (and if you are able to invest fractions of amounts or very small amounts at a time, even though some assets (investment opportunties) are coming more and more available to normies that had not previously been available.. but don't get distracted into shitcoins merely because they are available.. it is not worth it.. and also some other kinds of traditional investments are becoming easier to invest into also, because they are losing some of their monopoly from the past and they are forced into becoming "easier to invest into" in order to continue to attract capital.. but many of us likely realize that a lot of that value is going to flow into bitcoin, even though it could take several decades for people to recognize the superior inevitability of bitcoin based on its sound money characteristics that is not shared by any other asset class.. even though some assets (including shitcoins might have short term pumpamentals - or better short term price appreciation as compared with BTC and some of that might just end up being bullshit.. and rugpulls... but some might be based on solid contributions that might be happening with some investment opportunities that might come available.. but then there still would likely be needs to consider the extent to which it may well be better to just invest into bitcoin rather than investing into potential complications that may or may not outperform merely investing into bitcoin.) 

It seems that the longer that any of us have been buying BTC, then the more likely the better off that we are, and it seems quite likely that this kind of trend is going to continue with bitcoin (even if it is not guaranteed), and furthermore, even if a newbie to bitcoin is just finding out about bitcoin or maybe only recently found out about bitcoin in a shorter period of time, if such person continues to invest 4-10 years or more into bitcoin, the chances are quite good that s/he will be better off for having had invested into bitcoin rather than investing into other kinds of assets, and even though sure there are no guarantees either.. but bitcoin still seems to be amongst the best of current bets (asymmetric to the upside) that are currently available if not the very best of bets that are currently available... again.. no guarantees..

Odusko

Activity: 896
Merit: 509

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2023, 09:19:11 PM

Yep.. this is another aspect of selling too much too soon, and not realizing the value of the asset in which they are investing (in this case BTC's value).

There are a variety of ways to engage in tactics that help from selling too much too soon, but a lot of it is easier said than done.. because it becomes so tempting to sell a very volatile asset (such as BTC) even when it might ONLY have 50% profits, because there is nervousness, and frequently there can also be a lot of hesitancy to buy back and waiting for prices to dip, when they may not end up dipping.

So strategies to continue to buy should attempt to both account for up and down volatility and also account for better odds to NOT get so wrapped up in short-term BTC price volatility, continue to buy and consider the investment to be a 4-10 years or longer investment, and sometimes even more than 10-year timeline is necessary to improve psychology.. and of course, there are also no guarantees that BTC prices will continue to rise, but seems that BTC upside asymmetric nature continues to be good so that if people are investing modest amounts, then there are likely decent chances that they will be in profits 4-10 years or longer down the road, and perhaps even in better profits than any other investments that they could have made... and then sometimes, at the same time, there can be questions about how modest or aggressive a BTC investor should be?  My own personal philosophy has been to attempt to be relatively aggressive, even though I understand that sometimes people will overdo it, even when they believe that they are being "relatively aggressive" they have not sufficiently prepared for emergency funds and various cashflow crunches that they may suffer from time to time along their journies in life.
The most important characteristics a bitcoin investor should strive to develop is the ability to resist the temptation of selling off too soon and also getting too greedy at some point, blinds their sense of judgments, in managing a proper cash flow there is need for the investor to develop an accurate financial management approach that always provides an extra liquidity that could sustain them through the long term journey since most of the crisis arising from Bitcoin long term investment is as result of the investor's inability to take his financial burden off their Bitcoin assets and also over-reliance on the anticipated profits on their Bitcoin investments and their inability to build the right financial knowledge that could sustain and guide their financial actions since we are in a volatile market like Bitcoin whose future outcome is always unpredictable so there is a need to an in depth understanding of the financial market as an investor in other to know when to ride on a dip or take a look at other asset that could possibly perform on the same line with Bitcoin or competitively.
I am not a financial expert yet but i have build some financial values that help me navigate through, as a newbie in financial analysis and this have helped me greatly to make the right financial decisions when it comes to Bitcoin selling vs buying - holding vs selling off to cash in on profits and in all this, i understand the place for (RIGHT TIME) because, acting at the right time is what differentiates a nobs from a pro in financial actions.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2023, 09:38:51 PM

Yep.. this is another aspect of selling too much too soon, and not realizing the value of the asset in which they are investing (in this case BTC's value).

So strategies to continue to buy should attempt to both account for up and down volatility and also account for better odds to NOT get so wrapped up in short-term BTC price volatility, continue to buy and consider the investment to be a 4-10 years or longer investment, and sometimes even more than 10-year timeline is necessary to improve psychology.. and of course, there are also no guarantees that BTC prices will continue to rise, but seems that BTC upside asymmetric nature continues to be good so that if people are investing modest amounts, then there are likely decent chances that they will be in profits 4-10 years or longer down the road, and perhaps even in better profits than any other investments that they could have made... and then sometimes, at the same time, there can be questions about how modest or aggressive a BTC investor should be?  My own personal philosophy has been to attempt to be relatively aggressive, even though I understand that sometimes people will overdo it, even when they believe that they are being "relatively aggressive" they have not sufficiently prepared for emergency funds and various cashflow crunches that they may suffer from time to time along their journies in life.
The most important characteristics a bitcoin investor should strive to develop is the ability to resist the temptation of selling off too soon and also getting too greedy at some point, blinds their sense of judgments, in managing a proper cash flow there is need for the investor to develop an accurate financial management approach that always provides an extra liquidity that could sustain them through the long term journey since most of the crisis arising from Bitcoin long term investment is as result of the investor's inability to take his financial burden off their Bitcoin assets and also over-reliance on the anticipated profits on their Bitcoin investments and their inability to build the right financial knowledge that could sustain and guide their financial actions since we are in a volatile market like Bitcoin whose future outcome is always unpredictable so there is a need to an in depth understanding of the financial market as an investor in other to know when to ride on a dip or take a look at other asset that could possibly perform on the same line with Bitcoin or competitively.
I am not a financial expert yet but i have build some financial values that help me navigate through, as a newbie in financial analysis and this have helped me greatly to make the right financial decisions when it comes to Bitcoin selling vs buying - holding vs selling off to cash in on profits and in all this, i understand the place for (RIGHT TIME) because, acting at the right time is what differentiates a nobs from a pro in financial actions.

I don't disagree with anything that you are saying Odusko, yet each of us also has to attempt to be more concrete in terms of what factors we are considering to be relevant in terms of something like our cashflow, and each of us will be considering matters much differently if we have a strong cashflow that might be keeping up with the cost of living and maybe even that we are in our earning parts of our lives and our cashflow might be increasing each year relative to the cost of living versus if our cashflow might be flat or even losing value relative to the cost of living.

So it is not ONLY cashflow that we have to individualistically consider.  With particularization we also should be attempting to consider how much bitcoin we have already accumulated, our other investments, our view of bitcoin as compared with other investments, our timeline, risk tolerance, and our time, skills, goals (investment/lifestyle targets) and our abilities to strategize, plan, research and learn along the way including tweaking strategies from time to time to consider trading, reallocating, use of leverage and/or financial instruments.

And, it is not even any kind of an easy task to get through each of these, and even if we might get through each of them, in regards to how many BTC we have already accumulated, we may well need to consider if we might consider ourselves to be in a BTC accumulation stage or a maintenance stage or even in a liquidation stage.. or maybe we are kind of moving between one stage of our bitcoin journey to another - somewhat based on how various other macro-factors might play out or even as a trade-off in terms of considering the other factors that we need to consider, and a change in one of the factors may well end up changing other factors.. but still it would likely be a good idea to know about how to consider each of the factors, even if we might not be sure how to approach each of them or if from time to time we might need to reconsider one or more of the factors or not.

ginsan

Activity: 1330
Merit: 616

View Profile
April 19, 2023, 09:21:24 AM
Merited by superman184 (1)

involvement in Bitcoin is quite fun buddy, indeed the current market conditions are not stable enough after Btc ran fast from $20k to a price of $31k of course we will see the market reaction to the decline, Well today the market is back in the red where Btc has corrected to a price of $29k which makes the balance of the market situation in the Bearish category which we can use to buy in this declining condition.

it is likely that we will not correct more strongly given the volatility of the bitcoin market is quite strong and it will be as soon as possible that we see a more rapid reversal. buying at a time of decline is a wise enough thing to hold back until we really see the profits coming our way.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
ajiz138

Activity: 1498
Merit: 784

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2023, 01:07:38 PM

involvement in Bitcoin is quite fun buddy, indeed the current market conditions are not stable enough after Btc ran fast from $20k to a price of $31k of course we will see the market reaction to the decline, Well today the market is back in the red where Btc has corrected to a price of $29k which makes the balance of the market situation in the Bearish category which we can use to buy in this declining condition.

it is likely that we will not correct more strongly given the volatility of the bitcoin market is quite strong and it will be as soon as possible that we see a more rapid reversal. buying at a time of decline is a wise enough thing to hold back until we really see the profits coming our way.
Our DCA can be further increased considering that the current price is getting corrected due to today's decline but this opportunity is good for anyone who can buy faster but if you are still using the DCA strategy, stay calm and it must be according to your portion, how much should you be able to afford at this time. we can buy slowly and we don't think about quick profits.

Even though the volatility is still quite strong we don't know with the correction that will occur whether this will be sustainable or just a moment but fundamentally it will still be enough with a reversal at the price of $ 30K later, we still have a long way to go to see bitcoin grow more just hold on to what you have while it builds many years with bitcoin.

I'm not thinking about gains this year, bitcoin will be worth a lot more in the next few years, just HODL.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
superman184

Activity: 658
Merit: 189

View Profile
April 19, 2023, 02:11:10 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), ginsan (1)

Usually, traders will always take advantage of the momentum of this correction to buy more Bitcoin because their goal is to take more significant profits, but I, as an ordinary person, also try to buy Bitcoin during today's correction and not for me to sell again in the near future. But I bought it because I'm starting to like Bitcoin and I will keep it for a long time, because some people who love Bitcoin will definitely not sell it in the near future even though they already know that this correction is only temporary.

In this month the price increase is still much stronger than the correction, because the current price after correction is also not too far from $ 30K to $ 31K and this might be an indication that the correction will not be strong enough this month, I also hope this correction not very strong on Bitcoin although I'm buying at this point not to experience direct gains on Bitcoin.
Dickiy

Activity: 882
Merit: 461

View Profile
April 19, 2023, 04:06:47 PM

snip
There are no guarantees that the BTC price will go higher, even though bitcoin remains a great asymmetric bet to the upside, perhaps amongst the best of asymmetric bets for a lot of normies who might not otherwise be able to invest because barriers to entry are difficult.
snip
Yes, I totally agree with you, man, there is no guarantee institution that bitcoin will give the highest price again and there is no guarantee that indeed you will be rich if you continue to invest in bitcoin into the future and that is only based on speculation from the results we analyze so that it creates a belief that bitcoin will give the next highest price, I myself went through it and studied it long enough so that subconsciously I have faith in the price of bitcoin that will continue to increase towards the future from what bitcoin has ever touched in the previous cycle, and the only guarantor in my opinion is your beliefs about bitcoins that you made yourself for yourself.
In a general view it is like an asymmetrical bet, as well as the possibilities of shamanic sentences to its customers and the mindset if you shelter you will become rich if you have a lot of property for rent but still be destroyed if a natural disaster destroys your property, that is I think it depends on the beliefs and views of each.
Sayeds56
Copper Member

Activity: 1288
Merit: 707

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 19, 2023, 04:23:50 PM

It is great to see that you have developed good financial values that can help to navigate through the journey of world of  Bitcoin investment. You are absolutely right that it is very important to develop ability to resist temptation of selling too soon and getting too greedy is crucial for Bitcoin investor. Over reliance on anticipated profits and lack of knowledge can lead to wrong decision, so it is important to continuously educate oneself about financial market and to be aware of risks involved. Additionally, accurate financial  approach that can provide extra liquidity to sustain you through long  term journey of Bitcoin is equally important.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2023, 06:00:28 PM
Merited by superman184 (1)

snip
snip
Yes, I totally agree with you, man, there is no guarantee institution that bitcoin will give the highest price again and there is no guarantee that indeed you will be rich if you continue to invest in bitcoin into the future and that is only based on speculation from the results we analyze so that it creates a belief that bitcoin will give the next highest price, I myself went through it and studied it long enough so that subconsciously I have faith in the price of bitcoin that will continue to increase towards the future from what bitcoin has ever touched in the previous cycle, and the only guarantor in my opinion is your beliefs about bitcoins that you made yourself for yourself.
In a general view it is like an asymmetrical bet, as well as the possibilities of shamanic sentences to its customers and the mindset if you shelter you will become rich if you have a lot of property for rent but still be destroyed if a natural disaster destroys your property, that is I think it depends on the beliefs and views of each.

Well each person is going to have a different basket of options that are available to him her based on his her situation.

If a person has a total current investment portfolio of $12k, and an income of $24k per year, s/he might estimate that if s/he is able to invest 10% per year, then it will take him/her an additional 5 years in order to double his/her investment portfolio from $12k to $24k.. and therefore have a years worth of value in his/her investment portfolio.. .so then the question might be how to allocate that investment portfolio, because some folks believe that you need to get your investment portfolio up into the 20x to 30x arena (of your annual income) in order to get to fuck you status or some kind of an ability to stop working.

So then if it takes 10 years, just to build your investment portfolio to 1 year of income, then there are some needs to figure out how to allocate in order to build faster, or maybe to increase your income or to increase the percentage that you are able to invest.

Bitcoin may well have more flexibility to invest, and of course, each person wants to be careful that s/he is continuing to build the total amount of his/her investment portfolio (and taking advantage of compounding) rather than losing principle along the way, and then not really being able to reach something like a 20x to 30x goal.... and sure maybe any of us can profit from not getting to those 20x to 30x levels, and it is possible to still prosper with less.. but if a goal is to be able to stop working and to still be comfortable, then it may well be good to consider how much it takes to get to those kinds of goals and how to allocate in order to attempt to balance the risk and the reward, which also likely means that there are allocations to various assets (and I am not referring to investing in shitcoins.. but sometimes property, stocks, businesses, commodities, forms of cash).

Dr.Bitcoin_Strange

Activity: 574
Merit: 514

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2023, 07:40:14 PM

snip
snip

Well, I think not everyone has good knowledge of how to invest effectively and grow sustainable wealth, even when they are not working. Bitcoin is one of the best investment options to be considered when one is trying to venture into investing their income. Although we are full of speculation with the Bitcoin price, just as you have said, I just think people should not carry all their eggs in one basket. It's always good to invest in different assets; for example, landed properties are a good investment, but the thing is that some people just think they need to only invest in one asset and do not know that they should have different investments so that if one fails or does not yield the desired results, they will still have one to depend on.

Some years ago, I lost my money to an investment scheme that promised to pay me a 20% monthly return on my investment, but they crashed out and I couldn't get my money back. There was this elderly man who invested all his entire life savings and those of his wife into the same investment scheme I did, and according to him, the money was about $20,000, but all was gone. I learned the lesson of not investing only in one asset from that man's experience. My money was not much to invest in other thing at that moment if not I would not have invested all my money with that company, my plans was to save up from the monthly profit I will receiving and use it to invest in other assets, but was unlucky.

Also, often times, people forget to use the DCA strategy to invest in bitcoin.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Odusko

Activity: 896
Merit: 509

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2023, 10:11:47 PM

snip
snip

Well, I think not everyone has good knowledge of how to invest effectively and grow sustainable wealth, even when they are not working. Bitcoin is one of the best investment options to be considered when one is trying to venture into investing their income. Although we are full of speculation with the Bitcoin price, just as you have said, I just think people should not carry all their eggs in one basket. It's always good to invest in different assets; for example, landed properties are a good investment, but the thing is that some people just think they need to only invest in one asset and do not know that they should have different investments so that if one fails or does not yield the desired results, they will still have one to depend on.

Some years ago, I lost my money to an investment scheme that promised to pay me a 20% monthly return on my investment, but they crashed out and I couldn't get my money back. There was this elderly man who invested all his entire life savings and those of his wife into the same investment scheme I did, and according to him, the money was about $20,000, but all was gone. I learned the lesson of not investing only in one asset from that man's experience. My money was not much to invest in another thing at that moment if not I would not have invested all my money with that company, my plan was to save up from the monthly profit I will receiving and use it to invest in other assets, but was unlucky.

Also, often, people forget to use the DCA strategy to invest in Bitcoin.
Bitcoin happens to be the most suitable investment for small-scale starters who are looking to grow the profit in the long term with their relatively low percentage investment amount, take for example someone who wants to accumulate a total of 14k worth of bitcoin in a 2 years time frame with an annual income of 50k this the 14k may some up to 7% of his total annual income and it will take consistency for the investor to be able to follow through with the investment plans since there may be some unforeseen situation that could limit his purchasing power in the long run, but it requires a lot of efforts and calculation to be able to set out such an amount to build up your portfolio and since Bitcoin is an unpredictable asset that has a volatile market value it becomes hard for those working against it market to take investors by surprise to put out efforts that could truncate the efforts of the investor who. is looking to solely depend on bitcoin to cash in on it long term potential and possibility.
But above every other asset Bitcoin should be placed at its highest priority rate, since Bitcoin is the most visible investment for newbies or start-ups who are looking to build multiple wealth streams within the next couple of years to come.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Greyhats

Activity: 167
Merit: 99

View Profile
April 21, 2023, 05:46:37 AM

Just a reminder we are in a 10% dip, if ya have any extra powder this is good time as any to supplement your dca Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 406 »
  Print  

Jump to: