Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:46:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - A NEW ERA BEGINS  (Read 28347 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1720 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Neloc75

Activity: 189
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2019, 08:45:50 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2019, 10:14:15 AM by Neloc75

@neka12 nope not that old yet...hopefully lol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
XTRABYTES (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 186
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2019, 12:09:38 PM

Just in case you missed it.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
December 26, 2019, 01:58:02 PM

The awaited (for about 2 years) Patent Pending achievement happened yesterday.

Good to know. Merited!

This sounds like a nice achievement.
Ganjamouse

Activity: 108

View Profile
December 26, 2019, 02:02:15 PM

The awaited (for about 2 years) Patent Pending achievement happened yesterday.

Good to know. Merited!

This sounds like a nice achievement.

All depends on what's being patented doesn't it?
Wait and see
Neloc75

View Profile
December 26, 2019, 02:35:17 PM

Btw, you should have received a patent number when you submitted for patent pending. Are you going to openly publish it so others can view?

https://www.ic.gc.ca/opic-cipo/cpd/eng/search/number.html (it should be possible to search on this, assuming the patents were filed in Canada)

@Ganja if the tech isn't legendary what will you do?
BitcoinPot

Activity: 29
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 26, 2019, 10:20:19 PM

Btw, you should have received a patent number when you submitted for patent pending. Are you going to openly publish it so others can view?

https://www.ic.gc.ca/opic-cipo/cpd/eng/search/number.html (it should be possible to search on this, assuming the patents were filed in Canada)

Not only they are going to openly publish the submission, but it will be possible for them to reveal the technology.
What does make you think that they are going to hide it??  Huh
Neloc75

View Profile
December 26, 2019, 10:44:07 PM

Not only they are going to openly publish the submission, but it will be possible for them to reveal the technology.
What does make you think that they are going to hide it??  Huh

Do you know when it will be searchable in the database and by any chance would you happen to have to search number?

And I think the code itself will remain closed source even with patent pending afaik since its proprietary.
Ganjamouse

Activity: 108

View Profile
December 27, 2019, 09:24:25 AM

@Ganja if the tech isn't legendary what will you do?

Well honestly I have kept my initial XBY investment and I consider it lost, so I'll ride it long term and hope I was wrong the whole time.
Cameron0208

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 12:48:46 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2019, 01:05:04 AM by Cameron0208
Merited by Sabih (1)

Merry Christmas to everybody!!
Big thanks to the XTRABYTES team who achieved today a Patent Pending status!

Fudders, you have 2 options: Go to sleep or come join the XTRABYTES project.  Wink

Wrong. I choose the option to reserve judgment until there are verifiable details.

There are no patent application records for Xtrabytes, ‘POSign’, ‘Proof of Signature’, ‘Proof-of-Signature’, Zoltan Szabo, Xtrabytes, Ltd., Dave Bergsma, or any other related and/or associated terms in the following patent and intellectual property databases: WIPO (World Intellectual Property Org), PAIR (Patent Application Information Request), CIPO (Canadian Intellectual Property Org), NIPO (National “ “), EUIPO (European Union “ “), AIPO (American “ “), IP Federation, IPO (Int. Prop. Office), EPO (European Patent Org), Google Patent Search, or Escapenet.

All of these databases are updated as of 12/26/2019 or 12/27/2019 and they all display patent applications as well as granted patents.

A possible explanation for this is the 18-month waiting period for publication of full documents. However, record of the submission should be on the sites. There are applications from just yesterday on them.

I am reserving my judgment until I see some proof. Like I have said from the beginning. All I want is proof.

Aside from this, patent-pending status (and subsequent possibility of patents) does not equate to success. There are millions of patents for things that never achieved any level of success. There‘s also numerous worthless patents.

Here’s a nice article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/toddhixon/2013/10/04/for-most-small-companies-patents-are-just-about-worthless/amp/
Jimminy321

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 08:21:34 PM

Yes, as much as a sceptic as I tend to be, you do have to give them a little time.
Neloc75

View Profile
December 31, 2019, 06:38:52 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2019, 06:56:15 PM by Neloc75

Yes, as much as a sceptic as I tend to be, you do have to give them a little time.

Jan 2020 is soon. The revealing of the code agnostic quantum resistant technology with 10k+ TPS that will solve the crypto trilemma that 3000+ other projects has failed to solve is upon us soon. With patents done, there's no more excuses for the revealing of this legendary technology and hopefully we won't be disappointed  Grin
Jimminy321

View Profile
December 31, 2019, 07:26:17 PM

Jan 2020 is soon. The revealing of the code agnostic quantum resistant technology with 10k+ TPS that will solve the crypto trilemma that 3000+ other projects has failed to solve is upon us soon. With patents done, there's no more excuses for the revealing of this legendary technology and hopefully we won't be disappointed  Grin

If they have been busy behind the scenes as they have said for the past two years, I would think that they begin rolling out many things after the New Year.

Jimminy321

View Profile
December 31, 2019, 07:50:19 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2019, 08:45:52 PM by Jimminy321

This is a response today from CCR to a similar Question on Discord.
We are still planning the 5 applications which were reported after meeting with the law firm last December. Regarding how long it will take for the other patents; I cannot even begin to think about giving a date for this. However, we have learned how the process works now and will be taking additional steps to try to improve the efficiency.

Judging by the fact that our first swing at the bat was for 3 different POSIGN patent applications, for a very complex consensus process, it should be much faster.

Regarding a delay for the tech, I cannot comment on this at this time, other than to say again that this tech is not an on/off switch. There are a potentially unlimited amount of milestones in front of us as we continue to build out this blockchain development platform.

One of the key milestones for the community is the opening of STATIC registrations. Once we have PP for POSIGN, you can expect this registration to open at any time thereafter. This is required because the next piece of the tech that needs to be assembled is the network and this network requires the 3 levels of STATIC nodes, which each play a different role in the POSIGN consensus.

Neloc75

View Profile
December 31, 2019, 08:47:25 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2019, 09:04:47 PM by Neloc75

If they have been busy behind the scenes as they have said for the past two years, I would think that they begin rolling out many things after the New Year.

true, but eh i'll go ahead and throw them a bone and be a bit curious as to what they have so far. I honestly doubt it's going to be what its hyped up to be (seriously, ive seen ALOT of projects and they never live up to the hype) but I think what they have so far will be deterministic of where my investment in this project goes. Price wise I do believe its destined to go back to pre-december levels as most events of this nature are but according to borzalom some time last year the zoltchain was pretty much done, so it will be interesting to see what it can and cant do

But we still were promised "code agnostic quantum resistant technology with 10k+ TPS that will solve the crypto trilemma" and it has been 2 years, so im still looking forward to this mystical technology  Cool
Neloc75

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 12:23:41 AM

To get relisted on CMC, these need to be addressed
_______________________________________________________________________________ ________________

(Section E) Delisting Policy

CoinMarketCap reserves the right to exercise its sole discretion in delisting a market/pair, exchange, or cryptoasset without prior notice. Factors that could contribute to such a course of action may include the following:

-> Low liquidity or suspicious trading activity. <-
    The project’s cessation of development and/or business activity.
    The project’s listing on CMC was the result of misleading, incomplete, or false information.
    The project (and/or its associates) is under investigation, on regulator watchlists, or is found guilty of a breach of law(s), statute(s), and regulation(s).
   -> Extraordinarily poor implementation or reception by the project’s community. <-
    Any other factor that CoinMarketCap deems risky for its users.

https://support.coinmarketcap.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034124351-Listings-Criteria

Other Issues:

2. Community Interest & Engagement. A project’s usefulness is largely a function of adoption and its ability to foster meaningful interactions with its community and user base.

I think all the banning and censorship over the last 2 years will be looked at unfavorably. Same with "certain" members of the community that acted quite problematic on /r cc and other public forums. I do believe that if there was some way to generate interest in the project and do something to gain people's trust again, it could potentially help the project, but banning so many people over the past 2 years who questioned the project is kind of a problem impo
Jimminy321

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 12:44:05 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2020, 04:05:51 PM by Jimminy321

true, but eh i'll go ahead and throw them a bone and be a bit curious as to what they have so far. I honestly doubt it's going to be what its hyped up to be (seriously, ive seen ALOT of projects and they never live up to the hype) but I think what they have so far will be deterministic of where my investment in this project goes. Price wise I do believe its destined to go back to pre-december levels as most events of this nature are but according to borzalom some time last year the zoltchain was pretty much done, so it will be interesting to see what it can and cant do

But we still were promisedy with "code agnostic quantum resistant technolog10k+ TPS that will solve the crypto trilemma" and it has been 2 years, so im still looking forward to this mystical technology  Cool

lol.. Yeah, I hear you. I don't buy into any type of hype in crypto anymore either. I've been around long enough to know better, as have most of the current crypto community as well. All the more reason XBY will need to provide some form of validation of POSIGN if they want serious investors to begin really buying into it. Investors are much more shrewd these days, speculation and small milestones will only temporarily move the needle in XBY before it goes back to "pre-December" levels like you said. That being said, XBY has been upfront in saying that this is a long term investment/project, and as such, any form of sustained buying of any kind will in all likelihood, only come with either a finished or working product, i.e. Mainnet w/ functioning STATICS, POSIGN etc, or proof of such. Speculatively speaking, if STATICS and  POSIGN are authentic, they probably still have quite a ways to go before coming close to being completed, which the devs. and team are understandably ok with. Unfortunately, for the majority who simply want their investment "in the black" or just want to sell without a loss, the long wait has probably just begun.
Jimminy321

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 01:18:08 AM

I wondered whether Fallenkeith would continue to troll post patent pending - I guess we have an answer

lol.. You think that is trolling? If so, I think you're being a little sensitive. Unless I misunderstood your comment.
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 10:30:04 AM

This is a response today from CCR to a similar Question on Discord.
We are still planning the 5 applications which were reported after meeting with the law firm last December. Regarding how long it will take for the other patents; I cannot even begin to think about giving a date for this. However, we have learned how the process works now and will be taking additional steps to try to improve the efficiency.

Judging by the fact that our first swing at the bat was for 3 different POSIGN patent applications, for a very complex consensus process, it should be much faster.

Regarding a delay for the tech, I cannot comment on this at this time, other than to say again that this tech is not an on/off switch. There are a potentially unlimited amount of milestones in front of us as we continue to build out this blockchain development platform.

One of the key milestones for the community is the opening of STATIC registrations. Once we have PP for POSIGN, you can expect this registration to open at any time thereafter. This is required because the next piece of the tech that needs to be assembled is the network and this network requires the 3 levels of STATIC nodes, which each play a different role in the POSIGN consensus.

Ah so No PP for Posign .. id have though that would be the First PP so basicly you can show us Nothing ..  well at least your not asking us for ID and verrification before.

5 more patents beeing applied for so i have to assume they are not ready for a full roll out of the tech where we can have external party's review it .

Can someone please Post the Patent numbers with Links to the databases they are filed in ? Now that they are pending that should not be an issue.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
BitcoinPot

Activity: 29
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 03:45:20 PM

The first 3 patents to hit patent pending are the PoSign patents - I think you must still be drunk from last nights festivities.

Some people will soon beg in Discord for cheap "extrabaits".
Grin LOL
Neloc75

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 04:02:29 PM

The first 3 patents to hit patent pending are the PoSign patents - I think you must still be drunk from last nights festivities.

Some people will soon beg in Discord for cheap "extrabaits".
Grin LOL

it'll probably go back to below 100 sats pretty soon. Let me ask you this, do you believe the technology will truly solve the crypto trilemma and has a fully functioning product at this point w/ quantum resistance implemented, can do full 10k TPS with decentralization, code agnosticism implemented and most of the other promises already implemented?

Also don't forget that we're in a bear market, this project still has a pretty bad rep (don't forget like 80% of the people who were originally here were banned from discord and XBY socials including reddit and discord), and there's a serious case of censorship still. If  this is a community coin, moderators do need to be leniant and allow open discussion, even if its "negative" or "critical"

https://snew.notabug.io/r/XtraBYtes/comments/ei36al/xby_token_price_missing/ (example of censorship on XBY socials but the reddit is pretty dead since most of the userbase has been banned)

Censorship drives people away, negative experiences drives people away and STN events often have cascading effects
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: