Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:24:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - A NEW ERA BEGINS  (Read 28349 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1720 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Fallenkeith75

Activity: 242
Merit: 10

Hi Crypto Friends :)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2020, 01:33:33 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2020, 04:35:24 PM by Fallenkeith75

What is all of this doxxing non-sense above, and tagging employers? Is this true? Hopefully these are only personal issues between to holders and having nothing to do with the Team.

Between one holder(me) and a few long term trolls. Offending tweet deleted. Nothing to do with the team.

Pretty petty considering more important events happening around the world.

Trolls sometimes deserve a taste of their own medicine  Wink Meanwhile the Xtrabytes project is moving forward  Smiley And in a couple of weeks XBY/XFUEL will be flashing up next door in your neighbour's living room!

I doubt as many people will invest if the community acts cancerous though. Should probably look into prioritizing making the project look positive for new people to join and actions like that looks pretty negative imho. Also it's probably a good idea to diversify anyways since I would imagine the market is looking for a rebound eventually (most markets).

Make sure to always backup your crypto seeds and passphrases friends

~If you see this signature, I hope you have a great day today!~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 04:34:07 AM

I read some stuff about static nodes but no clear links on When and How someone could get one.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
XTRABYTES (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 186
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2020, 04:44:35 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2020, 02:16:15 PM by XTRABYTES

CCRevolutionToday at 12:28 PM
Wishing you all a fantastic Sunday! Enjoy the read:

https://blog.xtrabytes.global/xtrabytes/xtrabytes-roadmap-q2-2020/
XBoomerY

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2020, 01:03:21 AM

I read some stuff about static nodes but no clear links on When and How someone could get one.

Yes, I would like to know the same.
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
April 02, 2020, 07:54:51 AM

Yes, I would like to know the same.

there is some info in the post below mine.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
XTRABYTES (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2020, 01:24:03 PM

https://blog.xtrabytes.global/xtrabytes/xtrabytes-roadmap-q2-2020/
Ganjamouse

Activity: 108

View Profile
April 04, 2020, 07:54:30 PM

It's not the first time this project feeds us the 'not ideal timing' excuse but in crypto and especially when there are patents involved, tile is crucial. If the tech is revolutionary just show it to the world already
zinkla

Activity: 113
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 05, 2020, 09:01:33 AM

When testing?

XBY market :
https://crex24.com/id/exchange/XBY-BTC

XTRABYTES (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2020, 11:35:10 AM

Happy 3rd Anniversary XTRABYTES!

https://blog.xtrabytes.global/xtrabytes/xby-community/happy-3rd-crypto-anniversary-xtrabytes/
David (Chuggs)

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 07, 2020, 03:46:24 PM

Plus, when is the testing of the mobile wallet be over ? 2030? 2040 ? Move from one milestone to another without achieving them. That's the project I know.

This the the first roadmap with dates thats been produced - I expect (final) testing to start in the next week.  And as the roadmap states - End of this month for full release of V1 - not a test.   Will this date be achieved - i fully expect it to be met (or very close)  So no not 2030 or 2040 and not even 2021.  But thanks so much for your ongoing support and interest.  And Happy 3rd Anniversary Xtrabytes Team and community  
Cameron0208

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 07, 2020, 04:49:23 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2020, 04:20:25 AM by Cameron0208

I’m curious, as no one from the team has answered my questions:

- What does Xtrabytes expect people to do after seeing these ads? Xtrabytes is on two small exchanges, one of which is a DEx. Is Xtrabytes expecting the normal, every day non-crypto user who has never even bought from Coinbase to navigate through the Waves DEx or Crex24 to not only purchase XBY, but to also create a wallet and move their coins from the exchange to the wallet?

- What are these people supposed to do if they do manage to get the desired endpoint of purchasing XBY or XFuel? There’s barely any liquidity on either exchange period, much less for XBY and XFuel. Additionally, the remaining supply of XBY is extremely low.

- What’s the incentive here? *Why* would they go through all the trouble? This is not a shot at the team. It’s just facts. XBY is a small and relatively unknown project. Nearly everyone knows what Bitcoin is. A smaller, but still large number of people know what Ethereum is. The numbers go down at an increasingly high rate in regard to Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ripple, etc. Outside of the top 10 coins, only a very small, minute fraction of people know any of the coins outside the top 10 even exist. Why would someone who has [likely] never purchased cryptocurrency before go to all the trouble? If they were going to buy crypto - which they likely would already have done by now if they truly *wanted* to invest in crypto. I would imagine they’re much more likely to sign up with Coinbase and buy Bitcoin than to really dive into the crypto space. I know many people who have done just that. They have never ventured outside of Coinbase and never bought anything other than Bitcoin and/or Ethereum. It seems highly unlikely they would do so. Even more unlikely - literally 0% chance in my own experience - that these people would learn about wallets, exchanges, dexs, deposits and withdrawals, etc., *especially* to buy an unknown project’s token.

- Xtrabytes has stated their main goal is corporate adoption, yet also state - even in these comments - that these ads should drive the price of XBY & XFuel up. Corporations don’t want the price to increase. That just means they’d have to spend more to purchase the token and use the Xtrabytes blockchain. Wanting the coin price to rise and wanting to gain enterprise-level clients are two things that don’t go together. They can’t both happen. Look at VeChain. All they’re doing and all the was promised, and the token price has done nothing. Billions of VET/VTHO burned and yet, nothing. As we’ve seen a few times in this space, projects typically offer steep discounts to corporations anyway. So, I don’t see how these ads will be a net positive in that regard.

- To further the second and third points, corporations would needs **millions** - if not **billions** - of tokens that are always readily available to purchase and with no possibility of those tokens running out any time in the foreseeable future. To effectively run an enterprise-level company’s operations, the amount of tokens used on a constant and consistent basis would be an extraordinarily high number. How will the corporations obtain these tokens? How will they obtain tokens in the future? What about when the supply inevitably runs out? Why would they move to a blockchain that they will only be able to use for a relatively short and indeterminate amount of time? Corporate decision-making, especially purchasing and acquisition, doesn’t work in favor of XBY’s strategy here. The long-term benefit to the company and the incentives necessary to facilitate a switch just aren’t there.

- What we’ve seen so far in this space is corporations using their own permissioned databases. It’s not trustless and it’s not true blockchain, but corporations don’t care about that. They care about the bottom line. There are also huge tech companies such as Oracle and IBM dominating the corporate blockchain space currently. Microsoft, as well as Amazon and Google, have their own blockchains as well. All these companies also offer vast amounts of cloud storage, which Xtrabytes has said since the beginning is one of the key focuses of the project. How does Xtrabytes plan to compete with corporations with the size, reach, and every other possible advantage that companies like Oracle, IBM, Microsoft, Amazon, and Google possess over Xtrabytes?
CCRevolution

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 07, 2020, 10:10:19 PM

Could someone from Xtrabytes please answer the following questions:

- What does Xtrabytes expect people to do after seeing these ads? Xtrabytes is on two small exchanges, one of which is a DEx. Is Xtrabytes expecting the normal, every day non-crypto user who has never even bought from Coinbase to navigate through the Waves DEx or Crex24 to purchase XBY?

- What are these people supposed to do if they do manage to get the desired endpoint of purchasing XBY or XFuel? There’s barely any liquidity on either exchange period, much less for XBY and XFuel. Additionally, the remaining supply of XBY is extremely low.

- Xtrabytes has stated their main goal is corporate adoption, yet the team has also been very adamant about discussing token price, and has also stated that these ads should drive the price of XBY & XFuel up. Corporations don’t want the price to increase. That just means they’d have to spend more to purchase the token and use the Xtrabytes blockchain. As we’ve seen a few times in this space, projects typically offer steep discounts to corporations anyway. So, I don’t see how these ads will be a net positive in that regard.

- To further the second and third points, corporations would needs *millions* of tokens that are always readily available to purchase and with no possibility of those tokens running out. How will the corporations obtain these tokens? How will they obtain tokens in the future if and when the supply runs out? Why would they move to a blockchain that they will only be able to use for an indeterminate amount of time? Corporate decision-making doesn’t work in favor of Xtrabytes strategy here. The long-term benefit to the company just isn’t there.

- What we’ve seen so far in this space is corporations using their own permissioned databases. Obviously, these systems are not trustless, and many do not run on cryptocurrency as a result, but companies only care about the bottom line. So whatever they can do to save money, they will. The choice is a fixed cost (permissioned) versus a variable cost over time (trustless; Xtrabytes). There are also huge tech companies such as Oracle and IBM dominating the corporate blockchain space. How does Xtrabytes plan to compete with corporations with the size, reach, and every other possible advantage that companies like Oracle and IBM possess over Xtrabytes?

Thanks

Cameron, I want to first of all thank you for your very good set of questions. I hope this means we can start moving towards some productive exchanges of information in the future. However, this is just an acknowledgement at this point as its been a long day and we want to take sufficient time to give you the answers you deserve. We will get back to you asap.

Thank you,

Dave

XTRABYTES (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2020, 02:49:01 PM

Regarding the article,

You mention accomplished milestones: developing the ACADEMY Project, and finalizing  XCITE Development.
Doesn't it sound like a whole lot of nothing to mention things that are still in development as achieved milestones?
If not, perhaps you could already add: Development of XBY being the 1st crypto in the world, as I guess that's still in progress too.

Thank you for your comment. Yes development is the correct word. We will always be in development and always building on and changing to our technology. We achieved milestones of having our Academy in a beta testing process. Testing what we have developed so far. We have XCITE in a stage of development that is indeed a milestone. We are very close to Version .6 of our Beta test in XCITE. The public release of Version 1 will be out this month. It too will always be in development. Like most technologies the development and the release of updated versions based on that development will never stop.
Ganjamouse

View Profile
April 10, 2020, 03:49:34 PM

Hey quick question, why do you answer to my questions and then decide to delete the post with the question?
Filtering the questions?
XTRABYTES (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2020, 04:22:23 PM

Hey quick question, why do you answer to my questions and then decide to delete the post with the question?
Filtering the questions?

If I deleted I would not answer it. No idea.
CCRevolution

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 10, 2020, 05:55:35 PM

Filtering the questions?

That's done sometimes to keep the thread clean. The question is not deleted because it contained within the response.

Ganjamouse

View Profile
April 11, 2020, 06:39:47 AM

Filtering the questions?

That's done sometimes to keep the thread clean. The question is not deleted because it contained within the response.

I got that. Keep it clean of what? Negative opinions ?
XTRABYTES (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2020, 11:02:41 AM

On behalf of the entire XTRABYTES team we would like to wish everyone celebrating Easter today a Happy Easter! We hope you have had / will have a wonderful day!

XTRABYTES (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2020, 07:24:26 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2020, 07:39:44 PM by XTRABYTES

Hello everyone ! Just a short reminder that tomorrow at 7pm GMT, we will be doing our next LIVE presentation on our YouTube channel. All systems are GO this time so we will invite you to bring a friend - we have a bounty for this!

XBoomerY

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 15, 2020, 02:24:22 AM

Hi where can may I watch the Xtrabytes project presentation that one of the founders live streamed on youtube today? Tuesday April 14.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: