Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 06:22:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why would you sell an altcoin right at the very bottom  (Read 6714 times)
retnoanjani

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2019, 03:32:54 AM

Everyone has their own reason why they sell coins or tokens on its lowest price. I know it looks foolish or unreasonable to us but we need to take considerations of these people. But if it will really affect us then we need to educate them so that they will have guidance on making such decisions.

To those who hodl their tokens and waiting for the altcoin season, just hope for the best. We really don't know what happnes next.
You are right. Everyone must have their own reasons why they choose to sell their altcoins at unfavourable prices. Suppose there is a sudden need, or avoid a deeper price decline. Analysis and mentality are very necessary to determine the choice of selling or holding, everything is at risk, so never invest more than you can afford to lose.

billyhaleym
Copper Member

Activity: 128
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 05:52:15 AM

This comes as a result of many factors, personally I sold of some alts due to emotions but in reality when you realised that the project is dead you just have to sell off and move on, a typical example is STQ, very promising than I ever taugh but currently as dead as a dead stone, will you continue to hold, I betyou, a no is the answer

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2019, 06:23:59 AM

From what I have seen during the last three years, in case the exchange rate for an altcoin goes down by 80% or more, then the chances are that it will never recover and within the next two-three months the trading will cease and the coin will die out. So even if the coin is down by quite a bit, it is always better to book the losses and make the exit.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 07:10:53 AM

Did anyone checked the post history of the OP?

He registered to this forum around one month back, and since then he has created 29 different threads (in different sub-forums) to spam about a little known shitcoin (HST Token). I am surprised that none of the moderators have noticed his spamming until now. And even surprisingly, many of his threads have received hundreds of replies.
colegabi235

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 07:19:03 AM

It makes no logical sense to sell an altcoin right at the very bottom of a market cycle.  Look I know its very painful to see that altcoin you love some much cause you so much grief, and not to mention checking your altcoin account balance looks like a scene from a horror movie.  But I am here to tell you, to hold strong, keep the faith and ride this altcoin storm as we are about to hit a very sweet spot in the market cycle where altcoins will explode in value.  Almost every altcoin is extremely oversold when comparing it to previous altcoin ATH (all time highs) and not to mention when comparing it to the bitcoin rally of late.

ATTENTION: We are about to enter altcoin season right at the very bottom, there will be some explosive move coming....Please hold firm.
Much love to all altcoin holders (especially those that hold HST decision token)

Stay safe, and see you all at the very top of the next altcoin season.

Peace out Cheesy
It is true that you say it makes no sense to sell altcoins when prices are weakening, but I think everyone who sells their altocin when prices are weak has their own reasons, maybe they panic or maybe they think the altcoin doesn't have the potential to provide profits in short term or they are experiencing financial problems so they decide to sell it. It is true that you say to stay and wait for the right moment to sell it when the market explodes. But, anything can happen later, we can only estimate it.

Yes, you're right it makes no sense of selling altcoins in the bottom. Those who have knowledge about the crypto world then they will never do that, I think they sell their altcoins in panic. Now it is the time of IEO's not ICO'S where lots of scam projects are launched. Recently many trustable IEO'S have launched like Moozicore, Bitpanda, swace etc https://tokensale.moozicore.com/
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 07:19:27 AM

to be honest i mostly do not sell. but there is a fact that it is impossible to understand if it is really very bottom or not. maybe it will keep going down. who knows. altcoins keep going down for 1.5 years.
farraddy

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 01:02:02 PM

Whether a certain price of altcoin is its bottom or not no one can know. Everyone needs money and therefore people sell altcoins even if they are dissatisfied with the current price.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 01:06:27 PM

did i hear the question right ? sell at the verry bottom  ? hmm strange  . there will be less people that will be doing that because selling at lows is not benficial unless you badly need the money  . 

majority of user will only sell at the verry highest peak and then they'l be buying at the lowest price point  . in  my case i will only sell at the verry bottom if ever i receive a sh*tcoin from an airdrop or on a bounty and if i observed that its value is going down  .
fireflies79

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 02:16:12 PM

The leader I love leaves the project.  Lips sealed
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 02:22:24 PM

I do not see that altcoins are close to the bottom. Maybe if you look at USD graphs, but not sure at BTC price graphs.
People see undervalued altcoins but it doesn´t mean that there will be no further dumps.  Smiley
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 02:31:51 PM

I am someone who benefited from investing in altcoins during my initial days here (2012-13). Investing in Litecoin back then gave me 12x profits in less than one year. But a couple of years later, I realized that Litecoin no longer had any future potential and I converted whatever remained of my initial stash, to BTC. Around that time, the Ethereum ICO happened and I skipped that one. And those who invested in it got as much as 200x returns in two years. The same happened with the ADA listing as well. So I would say that if you are investing in the right altcoin, there is still a chance of getting very good returns. But for me, I am more interested in securing whatever I have managed to earn during the last 6-7 years. I would rather stick to BTC.
GGmith

Activity: 394
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 02:32:37 PM

it makes sense to sell altcoins at the bottom of the price. I personally if I have a coin that does not have a price change, of course I will exchange with other coins. investing doesn't just focus on just one coin, so if you want to get big money, you need to invest with lots of coins that experience price developments. do a new strategy
Rengga Jati

Activity: 2030
Merit: 652

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2019, 02:53:21 PM

I have no plans to sell coins at the lowest price. The sale of cryptos certainly must consider the after-effects, both for ourselves and the general effects on the market. Selling coins at the bottom price will certainly be very influential, as well as large losses to the rampant dumped coins due to the sale. It would be better if we start wiser in seeing and considering the crypto market. So, we will not be easily tempted to sell at the lowest price.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

kumala_abi

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 04:15:30 PM

Maybe it depends on the situation from the holders there are several reasons why they sell their altcoins right at the very bottom, i think this is the main reason why they sell their altcoins at the very bottom which is they need money for emergency situation.

Whatever the situation, it only makes sense to sell at the bottom if it is not yet the bottom, and the price of a cat goes down below. In all other cases, it is more expedient to find money elsewhere, and wait for the price to push off from the bottom.
we have to thinking why this condition happen to us.it should be big mistakes for us if we still hold our asset till price go to bottom.we need to learn again about trend reversal so in future we could improve our mistakes and do the best to our trading result.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
airdropan

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

♦♦♦♦♦

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2019, 05:00:50 PM

sometimes cutlost or sell at bottom price isn't bad way, with that we can rebuy at another bottom price or we can change the alt coin. not all coin can comeback after going down. that why choose another better option isn't bad at all

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 05:16:52 PM

I have no plans to sell coins at the lowest price. The sale of cryptos certainly must consider the after-effects, both for ourselves and the general effects on the market. Selling coins at the bottom price will certainly be very influential, as well as large losses to the rampant dumped coins due to the sale. It would be better if we start wiser in seeing and considering the crypto market. So, we will not be easily tempted to sell at the lowest price.
Why would someone do that? People are here in the crypto market for profits and not for loss. Selling ones coins at the lowest price happens due to panic only. There is something called panic sell and that is triggered only when you think the market is going to crash more upon a little loss in the value. This happened back in 2018 and people lost huge value. Those who understand the market cycle would stay in the game.

daenarys_stormborn

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 09:32:15 AM

of course the reason most people sell their atlcoin when at a low price is because they are afraid that the price of the coin will fall deeper, so they choose to sell it immediately to cut losses

styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 09:38:22 AM

It makes no logical sense to sell an altcoin right at the very bottom of a market cycle.

No, it doesn't. The reason people do sell at the bottom is because they don't know it's the bottom. This sort of thing is very easy to identify with hindsight, but at the time, as the markets have been falling month after month, it is quite understandable that some people have just had enough and want to sell to at least recoup a proportion of their outlay. It may not be a good decision, but it is understandable.
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 10:18:17 AM

Because they are afraid of altcoin future, they rather buy Bitcoin that survived 10 years. Still the first one in market cap, the most decentralized and the safest blockchain what we have ever had.

ub27

Activity: 559
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 11:48:36 AM

I wonder why people will hold coins for long and sell at massive dip even when the project still keeps updates coming. I only sell off my long term holdings when the project looks extinct or when team members are not serious  with project development.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: