Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:57:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why would you sell an altcoin right at the very bottom  (Read 6705 times)
cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2019, 05:02:02 PM

You can’t blame people that sell at the bottom; sometimes the inevitable cannot be avoided
If you know tokens such as Wednesday coin, toto coin and even mtv amongst others

No more value; and investors would wonder till today why they didn’t stop loss and catch their capital

It depends on individuals
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pelumi20

Activity: 712
Merit: 15

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 11:51:14 PM

Selling your altcoins at the very bottom is a very bad idea and it will make you lose in two different ways

1) You will not get the best price for the altcoin because of the reduced value, which means you are only getting a penny of the money you invested

2) You will miss out on future price increases, which could be very frustrating to remember

Leonardo7

Activity: 686
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 02:42:55 AM

It's sometimes a wise decision to sell altcoin at the very bottom. I once held an altcoin worth $1,500 and when it fell to $500, I didn't sell, but when it hit $200, I sold off and it went to $30, before starting to climb. I quickly invested in other profitable coins and I made some profit not up to the loss but was somewhat happy. If an altcoin keeps breaking heart, I will sell off and move on.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1128

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 07:00:05 AM

I believe there is always a reason behind why an investor would sell their altcoins at the bottom. One reason is the financial status, an investor who are really in need of money will sell right away their coins even at the dip and in the deficit situation. Secondly, being tired of waiting for the pump. The moment they are exhausted waiting endlessly when to increased, they give up holding theur coins.
If he has waited for so long, and you have witnessed several decrease, why then choose to sell at bottomed, when he could have just waited a little bit more for the value to pick up again so that he can get his investment back at least, even if he does not want the investment to continue further, I don’t see any sense in selling at bottom, except it is a coin that the investor is so sure is already heading towards crash and complete dump land.

For every coin, there will always be bottom, and those who buy at bottom would be the one to enjoy most, If I were such investors, I would not get tired but rather buy back at that bottom and make more when the price starts increasing back, except maybe he doesn’t have money again, or in need of money like you rightly said.
Insomnia family

Activity: 868
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 07:20:51 AM

most of the holders sell at low prices for several reasons, such as coins that are difficult to develop better for sale even though they are cheap or replaced with other altcoins that are more feasible for investment. if you only depend on altcoins that are difficult to develop, you will definitely lose later. so make a change before you regret and make sure you replace it with an altcoin that has great potential for investment.

Swap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto & NFT in Multiple Chains
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬     ❶ ❷ ❸ s w a p     ▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
[   M V P   L I V E   ]   -   9 Blockchains Integrated Already
iphmp159

Activity: 118

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 07:27:11 AM

Altcoins have all stood stably at their bottom ranges, for sure. I have no doubt about that, so it is not perfect decision to sell altcoins during those days. Bitcoin has been on its way to move downwards and I have a feeling that altcoins will move upwards in BTC pairs in coming days. Just waiting to see them rising considerably and enjoy their rides, rather than selling them now or in coming days.
bitladen

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 10:00:11 AM

If the altcoin has been abandoned by the developer, it's better to get back something rather than nothing. 
Much depends on the coin itself, if it is no longer needed, it should be sold sooner, and if the coin is promising, it is better not to sell, and wait for growth

Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2019, 11:52:42 AM

Many reasons can make an investor want to sell off their coins at the bottom. Maybe desperate need for cash or a lack of belief in the project. As for me, there is a certain dip level that will make me leave my alt and not bother selling anymore because by then its already worthless. In situations like this, I just act as if it was a bad investment and forget it. If it pumps later, all good. If the project exit scams or closes shop, so be it.

Tomohisa

Activity: 360

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 12:15:46 PM

Can't say for others but form my own experience. There was one time I need to pay the rent.
So I have to sort out all of my altcoins I hold and find a coin that has the least chance to have a good price at later.
Even though it was at the bottom price point when I selling but I have to do it.
akela04

Activity: 868
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2019, 09:03:07 PM

For various reasons, investors can  sell altcoin. There may be an urgent need for funds or despair due to the fact that the market behaves unpredictably.

━━        🏘  INEL COMPANY  🏢       ━━
✔ Crowdfunding platform for collective investment in real estate ✔
https://t.me/INEL_bot
Tahsin Kabir Kollol

Activity: 1610
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 04:48:34 AM

There are many reasons to sell an altcoin right at the very bottom. most of the altcoins loss their price very fastly and it is very difficult to predict the low price. After losing the price, the trade volume becomes very low. On the panic sell, people lost their patience and sell their altcoins right at the very bottom.

zee11225

Activity: 314

“A nexgen decentralized ride hailing ”

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 07:23:34 AM

Can't say for others but form my own experience. There was one time I need to pay the rent.
So I have to sort out all of my altcoins I hold and find a coin that has the least chance to have a good price at later.
Even though it was at the bottom price point when I selling but I have to do it.
Not all altcoins are falling because many have good prospects in the future with strong fundamentals, now the price may still be cheap but in the future it can turn into an expensive coin.
This is actually an opportunity to get big profits with capital that is smaller than the bitcoin investment which now has thousands of US dollars in price. But be careful to pay attention to coins whose prices have long been stagnant,  the coins can die slowly because they have no buyers.

DRIFE  ●●●●●●     IEO-Live: April 2019
██ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ██
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
cbcbct

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 09:49:33 AM

There are many reasons to sell an altcoin right at the very bottom. most of the altcoins loss their price very fastly and it is very difficult to predict the low price. After losing the price, the trade volume becomes very low. On the panic sell, people lost their patience and sell their altcoins right at the very bottom.
From now on, altcoins will increase gradually, till the end of this month, or till the end of the first two weeks of next month (August). From that, I believe that altcoins will officially start their bull run, the second bull run for altcoins in 2019. Altcoins have nearly come to their endings of bearish period. If you noticed, their volume all increased considerably recent weeks.
yokai21

Activity: 262

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 11:50:55 AM

you should sell your altcoins when the price rises because this is the right time to sell because you earn a great deal on it.

INVECH - SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE - INVECH (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5052844.0)
krb91

Activity: 254

Streamies Rocks!!!!

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 12:35:16 PM

It depends on the person's investment principles, financial state and belief in the alt being held. Some alt holders have no investment plan/discipline, one can't really blame them, personally I bought a shit token and held it to zero when the market was in the last weeks of the bull run(trident), so for many they just can't bear it and had to cut their losses. Others however may be overly invested in the markets and need fiat for some payments or whatever, or it could be that they no longer believe in the project due to poor communication, development or whatever.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Iceblast

Activity: 783

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 12:55:51 PM

only people who don't understand crypto sell at the bottom. it happens because of the panic they get and only the loss, try to understand crypto and try not to sell at the bottom

Ifemini

Activity: 690
Merit: 12

There are consequences for every action

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2019, 07:25:09 PM

A simple reason; to avoid total lost

At an average of 98%; any project that reaches the very bottom eventually gets delisted and without no buyers or value

Still; you need to dyor before selling at the bottom
TheICE007

Activity: 646

tozex.io

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 09:19:58 PM

I don't think anyone would sell his or her coin at the bottom unless they haven't really done research before investing in it, and at such situation they might sell. Incases where you did a thorough research ,even with dip, you wouldn't want to sell because it is a coin with  potential and will move up anytime soon. 

► TOZEX ◄ ♦ Cryptoasset Financing Platform ♦ ► TOZEX ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
b1boy

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 09:38:54 PM

The majority of the altcoins that are sold at the very value base are the ones seen as unequipped for recuperating. At times it turns out to be evident that a project or coin is dead subsequent to playing out a progression of examines on that coin which uncovers that the project is relinquished by the group.
cbcbct

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 03:42:01 AM

In reality, altcoins have all moved up, but they at least have still stood at their bottom range. It means that there are still opportunities for you all to take them back. Even if you sold your altcoins more than three days ago at lower prices than their prices today, you can determinantly buy them back because they will jump into altcoin season, a long period of bull run to come.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: