Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:26:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why would you sell an altcoin right at the very bottom  (Read 6705 times)
Bitze
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1042

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 07:55:02 AM

i don't sell altcoins. neither now nor when the next ATH is reached.
i hope to find at least utility token sometime an area of application for it. Cheesy
aside, if it actually comes to an ATH i would sell some stuff. currently of course not.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 08:31:48 AM

i don't sell altcoins. neither now nor when the next ATH is reached.
i hope to find at least utility token sometime an area of application for it. Cheesy
aside, if it actually comes to an ATH i would sell some stuff. currently of course not.
I also expect that. but I may have sold some altcoin at a pretty low price. besides being caused by panic, I think the developer did not make any progress at all. however, I still hold some altcoin assets which I think can have quite a big development. besides that, I also have the same hope as you, that I also want to feel the use of the tokens that I hold.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
gaston castano

Activity: 1526
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 08:35:10 AM

not all altcoins will enter the season, because most of them are rubbish so it's better to sell them even though the price is already very low or you have lost above 50% of the value of your coins, than it's not worth at all.
unless you hold altcoin which is already good and is down due to sluggish market conditions, you can still maintain it even though its value is very bad now.
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 08:57:13 AM

Well yeah i would still sell it just to recover some of my funds. Although in practicality, no trader will sold their assets to the point of its price reaches rock bottom and even myself will sell the coin immediately once the price rises up to 20 percent of its original price and if the coin price crashes i will sell it immediately just to recover what is left to the original price and the lost up 10 percent.
lousie9

Activity: 1680
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 09:09:46 AM

it looks like you are very excited about altcoin investment, yes I also have something in common like you that altcoin won't end in a dead end, they still have the chance to raise prices again, especially the top altcoin on the market, we hope the team & developers can develop their tokens correctly so altcoin bag holders are not disappointed with their project. I will only give a little extra that selling altcoin at a cheap price or replacing it with a better one, doesn't mean that it doesn't make sense, but it is a good way to avoid losses in altcoin junk.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Apes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 09:22:36 AM

I sold a few times before touching the bottom, this happened because I believed too much, but in fact the price kept sliding down.
Now I am very careful in observing the market, if my alt investment coins fall more than 60% I will immediately sell them to avoid similar events.
I will sell my alt if the developer does nothing to solve this problem as soon as possible.
trauchot

Activity: 1764
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 09:26:47 AM

Some altcoins need to be sold at least even when they are at the bottom, because most altcoins simply die out and you need to follow them to sell them successfully, so investing in new altcoins is always a huge risk and it’s best to use old and top altcoins for investments that never fail to give you profit and your investments always will be safe.
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 09:34:40 AM

You really can't blame other people for selling their coins. I sell my own tokens even though I won't profit that much as long as I really need money. Your token, your decision. You really don't need logic to say that. People will hold if they want more profit but let's just accept that there are cases that they have to dump.

Rhaizan

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 09:40:10 AM

many people sell coins at the lowest price point usually because of the situation and because of panic sell. these two things should start to be evaluated whether it is good for that to be used as a way to sell coins at a low price. so I think now it must survive and also must continue to see how the potential of a coin and not get trapped by the situation
not only panic sell but the project dont have any more movement developers almost living the project without update to investors in that way investors need to sell or it will give them more lost if they wait more.
d3nz

Activity: 1274
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 10:46:50 AM

There is no point selling your altcoins at the very bottom if you have bought it at high price and its your big loss. And it would be best if you already set a position for stop loss to avoid losing your money.

Best way to avoid this kind of situation is setting up a position and have a target price for selling and buyback if you see some signal and goodnews for that project.
zabir.brutov

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 10:54:30 AM

People are impatient and do not care about tokens that they have earned by promoting projects. Those are mostly hunters that want to have x10 right now without issues. Wise people are holding crypto till better times.
febriyana

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

Febriyana Muhammad

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 11:49:04 AM

That is like stupid action  Cheesy
For me i always deep analyze first what altcoin i must buy and find the worst price first.
So after buy i will target sell it atleast 10% profit, so if the price become more bearish, i don't care will still hold it until going back to my first price.
With that strategy i don't know i will sell it at very bottom. Maybe they who sell it like that is surrender or taking stop loss.
cryptoloverlife

Activity: 278

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 11:59:44 AM

For me i always deep analyze first what altcoin i must buy and find the worst price first.
So after buy i will target sell it atleast 10% profit, so if the price become more bearish, i don't care will still hold it until going back to my first price.
With that strategy i don't know i will sell it at very bottom. Maybe they who sell it like that is surrender or taking stop loss.

Your prediction and analysis seem to be very attractive, but sometimes it is impossible to sell them at a higher price because there is the second opinion it might increase it's a price to a higher value. This makes us hold the coin until the price drops to deep down and we are in the situation that the coin price will not increase again.
Maturnuwun

Activity: 92

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 12:08:36 PM

depending on the situation first, if I make a decision to sell at a low price it doesn't mean it doesn't make sense and it doesn't mean that I'm stupid. but I will not do that action if I previously bought at a high price. unless I buy cheaply and there is no price adjustment in my coins, I am forced to sell them.
febriyana

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

Febriyana Muhammad

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 01:37:30 PM

Your prediction and analysis seem to be very attractive, but sometimes it is impossible to sell them at a higher price because there is the second opinion it might increase it's a price to a higher value. This makes us hold the coin until the price drops to deep down and we are in the situation that the coin price will not increase again.

Yes sometimes i get that moment, not all my coin can run like my strategy. That is really confused what we must do.
If the situation like that, i can give 3 top my solution :
1. still hold it hope the price can going up
2. use that coin to buy goods or service, where we can take advantage to make profit
3. gamble it Grin

Point 2 and 3 is possible if any people accept that coin, but if not,
only point 1 is best solution, hold it then forget it.
gunhell16

Activity: 1694
Merit: 476

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 01:46:17 PM

Why selling tokens/coins at a low price in the market.
I will tell you that it is not easy to sell at a very low price! though I will definitely sell my tokens for some reason!
1. the price will be much cheaper and before it happens you must sell it and just buy again at a much lower price!
2. The tokens/coins will be delisted to many exchanges or with the exchange which will result in the more poor market.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 02:39:51 PM

Yes sometimes i get that moment, not all my coin can run like my strategy. That is really confused what we must do.
If the situation like that, i can give 3 top my solution :
1. still hold it hope the price can going up
2. use that coin to buy goods or service, where we can take advantage to make profit
3. gamble it Grin

Point 2 and 3 is possible if any people accept that coin, but if not,
only point 1 is best solution, hold it then forget it.
As long as your altcoins are good investments then it doesn't matter if you are gong to hold them for long term and just temporarily forget about them. Investing into altcoin means that you are attracted and you want to be committed into that altcoin and in my opinion, once you are committed then you should stay and support it until the end, so it is best to just hold it and forget about it temporarily.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Plinteng

Activity: 285
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 02:49:31 PM

maybe I will hold it in, because most of the altcoins that I have are still cheap and there are a number of prize tokens that have not been listed on the exchange and if sold, that's only enough for fee fees. so inevitably I have to leave it in my wallet until they really have a good sale value ..

Jr Member

Join EpsiLoan's Seed Sale!
((((     EPSILOAN.xyz     ))))
Fair launch, No VCs or Insiders
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 03:29:15 PM

To date, many cryptocurrency users are fleeing the market and selling all their assets, but some still remain and will necessarily carry out the reconstruction of their portfolio.  The fact that today they are getting rid of some altcoins is, first of all, to say that they are getting rid of bad coins in their opinion.  Perhaps it is at this time that the cryptocurrency market is being corrected, after which bad coins will no longer be in demand in the market.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 09:12:37 AM

(especially those that hold HST decision token)
WTF is that?  Never heard of it.

But it seems to me that some altcoins will never be able to rise and hold them does not make sense.
This is true, and there are probably hundreds of coins trading for around 0.00000001BTC with no buying orders within a thousand miles, no miners mining them, and a blockchain that's dead.  Those are the ones to stay away from.  You might think that those coins have unlimited upside potential because they're trading for basically nothing, but that's a sucker bet.

You know, the old maxim in trading is 'buy low, sell high' but I've seen a lot of traders who panic and end up selling as the market is declining.  What they ought to be doing is buying.  It's probably one of the most illogical behaviors I've seen in life.  Right now think of altcoins as being on sale.  If you were shopping for a toaster, would you not be more inclined to buy one if the appliance store had them on sale for 50% off?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: