Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:05:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 [722] 723 724 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260001 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 06:38:15 AM

Congratulations to LTC for what appears to be an agreed upon resolution to the conflict: https://medium.com/@Litecoinchina/litecoin-global-roundtable-resolution-001-2017-c67b729bc06d
Well this is 'offtopic' for this thread but since it's your thread you can take it whichever direction you want.

Bitmain's on that list? Did Jihan pull his head out of his arse and realise he was one person against the rest of the world at last? Now if only he'd do the same thing for bitcoin - but then he'll argue the only reason he agreed on the ltc roundtable was because they agreed to a block size increase when they need it which is laughable since ltc has almost completely empty blocks and may never need it. Oh well, I'll reserve further discussion for bitcoin/

Bitcoin related on the above. With the scaling solution for LTC will there be MORE pressure to do the same on BTC network? Especially if on LTC it goes off w/o a hitch?

I mean alot of these folks on the LTC seg witness agreement are the same folks into BTC

Just wondering. Perhaps the BTC option is much more messed up then I'm aware of ..and that an't gonna happen any time soon

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jborkl

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

Team Heritage Motorsports

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2017, 02:29:52 AM

They were, I really enjoyed it a lot more than I realized. Replacing fans and thermal paste seems more fun now that I don't get to do it as a hobby

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 12:19:57 PM

http://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/exclusive-bitcoin-mining-giant-bitmain-open-ai-rd-center-israel/
Congratulations to Gadi and the Israeli BitmainTech team!
 Smiley

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 12:33:27 PM

Saw the AntBleed pseudo-drama and BitmainTech reply makes total sense to me: https://blog.bitmain.com/en/antminer-firmware-update-april-2017/
We had reporting capabilities with myminer.io infrastructure as well. We didn't implement a kill switch. I believe their version. They started to develop it and didn't finish.
They shouldn't have the left over code remaining in the git repo.
On a side note, $0.5M worth of SP20s gear were stolen from us as well, so I understand the motivation.

I think all those attacks (ASICBoost, leaked chats, AntBleed) are harmful to Bitcoin and the ecosystem.
They are not productive towards a peaceful resolution to the conflict.

Guy

Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 12:41:05 PM

Pretty much everything that Bitmain wants today with Bitcoin is related to the company's personal profit, so it is not easy to believe in things in a good sense.

s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 04:38:15 PM

Guy

What conflict ?

~LOL~
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 05:16:31 PM

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/great-north-data-bitmain-technologies-lawsuit-1.4084925

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 04:35:26 AM

Saw the AntBleed pseudo-drama and BitmainTech reply makes total sense to me: https://blog.bitmain.com/en/antminer-firmware-update-april-2017/
We had reporting capabilities with myminer.io infrastructure as well. We didn't implement a kill switch. I believe their version. They started to develop it and didn't finish.
On a side note, $0.5M worth of SP20s gear were stolen from us as well, so I understand the motivation.

I think all those attacks (ASICBoost, leaked chats, AntBleed) are harmful to Bitcoin and the ecosystem.

Guy

Others see Pseudo-Drama I see the dark humor but honestly if I put in as much money as Bitmain into a company in Newfoundland and Labrador sent the mining equipment abroad, basically was told to pay the electricity in advance and then sell the units before seeing any income I would be pissed to hell and high water.

They needed to find a better partner to run their mines and take advantage of the electricity, but right now the exploit is more an analysis of vulnerabilities in mining code which are showing themselves due to economic incentive behind the two main factions.  

At the end of the day we have less buggy code and one less exploit vulnerability thanks to peer review. We have moved pretty far though since the old days BFL and the wonderful dramas, Friedcat and Asicminer's glory days before it snuffed out, your rise and spondoolies tech, and Dogie and his miner comparison and setup threads.
At some point someone we do need to look around and check for bugs better found now than exploited later for Antbleed.  

It's just that now the ecosystem is bigger and we have more eyes watching us so mistakes are amplified as is drama but in the end Bitcoin shall prevail!!!

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 04:02:53 PM

Guy
who are you trying to convince?
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 05:05:44 PM

Guy

Also trying to change the rules of a system as a miner (aka no technical skills and pretending to control stuff when in fact you are just providing a service) for own well-being is bad for the ecosystem, but that is more subtle than the ones you have mentioned and they are easily ignored.

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2017, 06:26:11 PM

Guy

Also trying to change the rules of a system as a miner (aka no technical skills and pretending to control stuff when in fact you are just providing a service) for own well-being is bad for the ecosystem, but that is more subtle than the ones you have mentioned and they are easily ignored.
I think this is an over simplified presentation of the current situation.
Another simplified(!) presentation will be: Bitmain and other big blockers in the eco-system are opposing the consensus change that SegWit is bringing, without additional measures to ensure future growth of layer 1. Bitmain is being attacked into submission.

We need to find a path forward. Those attacks don't help.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 08:12:12 AM

Guy

Another simplified(!) presentation will be: Bitmain and other big blockers in the eco-system are opposing the consensus change that SegWit is bringing, without additional measures to ensure future growth of layer 1. Bitmain is being attacked into submission.

Get rid of ALL ASICs....done  Grin

Let GPU's mine Bitcoin again & we ALL can have a say in where Bitcoin goes,otherwise only the BIG FARMS (Corp miners) can vote,so STFU & go buy moar Bitcoin   Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
jborkl

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2017, 10:48:53 PM

I enjoyed the days of trying to fit 4 7970's on a board! Also, trying to keep them from overheating and crashing was an entire artform of its own

Walking into a spare room and it sounded like a jet was taking off (and it could have doubled for a sauna in a pinch)

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 09:06:03 PM
Merited by edgar (2)

As a regular user I oppose big-blocks without additional measures that fees aren't artificially raised like mining empty blocks because of subjective reasons. And we can go on like this forever.

Also there is no logical reason to believe that there are no additional measures to ensure future growth of layer 1. From what I saw most of the Core developers agree that we will need to raise the block size eventually and I think that most of the services in the ecosystem believe the same thing. It's only a matter of time and to believe that after SegWit the layer 1 will be completely ignored is either bad intended with a purpose or simply illogical. A different approach is definitely possible, but I don't see then trying too much. All I see is anger and greed from BITMAIN side while from Core side I see voluntarily work, openness and a usable system for new features which isn't used by most of the SegWit blockers. So yes, I will stick to Core until the others learn how to treat those that don't directly benefit them and that consensus will benefit all of us much more than greed can ever do in the long term.

coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 03:23:06 PM

The governments of Canada and Newfoundland used taxpayer money to help subsidize a company to set up a data center to host bitmaintech equipment and the data center ripped them off?

Labrador is remote and does have cold weather and abundant renewable power supply but it pisses me off the government helped finance this debacle.

BTW I am not too far away from this place.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 03:27:24 PM

Guy

Get rid of ALL ASICs....done  Grin

Let GPU's mine Bitcoin again & we ALL can have a say in where Bitcoin goes,otherwise only the BIG FARMS (Corp miners) can vote,so STFU & go buy moar Bitcoin   Cheesy

Bitcoin is on a collision course with reality. Until transactions can be confirmed in seconds just like a debit or credit card transaction from a financial institution bitcoin will never become a replacement or on par to the current paradigm. Not even close. End of story,

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
jborkl

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2017, 07:30:43 PM

Debit and credit transactions can be reversed for months, with the merchant losing almost every time. After 3 confirms your golden, so waiting 30 minutes is not a bad deal. (Even after 1 confirm it is still a million times more secure than any credit or debit transaction imo)

Not sure where this went with regards to mining or mining hardware, but w/e

leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 11:04:46 PM

Debit and credit transactions can be reversed for months, with the merchant losing almost every time. After 3 confirms your golden, so waiting 30 minutes is not a bad deal. (Even after 1 confirm it is still a million times more secure than any credit or debit transaction imo)

I'm not even sure why it's three confirmations- I've virtually never seen a double spend with more than one, and it's also very difficult to pull off. The point is that it's incredibly secure, the main reason why I use Bitcoin for most of my digital transactions.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 03:27:07 AM

Another reason Bitcoin will not work for the masses,send your coin to a scam or wrong address...you can not get it back..GONE forever!!!!

I'll stick with my old fangled bullshit credit cards  Wink

Oh & wallet hacked or lost?? Again gone forever!!!

Gotta be a PC guru to backup BTC wallets & if your dumb enough to use an online wallet service...it'll be hacked eventually  Cheesy

BTW,confirmation times are getting longer not shorter,you'd think with all the hashrate getting added everyday it would speed up transaction times.....nope  Tongue

Bitcoin has it's place...in the dark dankest part of the internet & for nerds & hackers & thirdworld countries with crap rulers Cool

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Acidic

Activity: 52
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 10:39:54 PM

I have looked everywhere for the past month on trying to find a recovery image for 23 of my SP10 miners i got from a storage locker purchase.
1 of the miners connected luckly because they had that one on dhcp but other im at a loss for others.
I have 5 s2's and love the reset options they have but with these sp10's i guess i need an sd card to reset the ip they previously set and they didnt sticker on the box.
I am not sure and havent found any documentation on if i purchase a usb wifi adapter if it will over ride the static address they assigned to each device or not?

If no one has a image for these or a way to reset the network card on these is there a way to make the image from an operating sp10?
I did find the github link https://github.com/Spondoolies-Tech and downloaded every there but im not sure on how to make the actual partitions for a proper recovery.
If anyone knows how to turn a raspi into the controller or any other way to acutally use the mining boards please let me know.

I know these are very dated but any help will help.
Pages: « 1 ... 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 [722] 723 724 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: